PDA

View Full Version : Nutaku Game Ranking List

soranokira
03-01-2016, 02:41 AM
so Nutaku seems to have just revamped their front page. and the first thing I see is Aigis ranked 4th (top left)
http://i.imgur.com/fIzKefY.jpg
I call bullshit!

and then, Aigis ranked 10th at bottom right.
Seriously? looks like the breaks and unit removals killed nutaku Aigis, when DMM Aigis easily ranks top 5 consistently at DMM, and that's in competition against Flower Knight Girls and Taimanin Asagi

blacksaber
03-01-2016, 02:46 AM
Its funny how Nutaku Aigis' biggest competition is DMM Aigis. Even after seeing this (obviously the folks running nutaku already know the numbers), I'm pretty sure the devs will sit on their asses, and not give our version the attention it needs.

I've seen people who play OI complain about burnout from constant events. I want to feel burned out playing the game I like the most.

buttlover
03-01-2016, 03:22 AM
so Nutaku seems to have just revamped their front page. and the first thing I see is Aigis ranked 4th (top left)
http://i.imgur.com/fIzKefY.jpg
I call bullshit!

and then, Aigis ranked 10th at bottom right.
Seriously? looks like the breaks and unit removals killed nutaku Aigis, when DMM Aigis easily ranks top 5 consistently at DMM, and that's in competition against Flower Knight Girls and Taimanin Asagi

the question is HOW did they calculate that? Most popular is 10th? Top ranking is 4th? isn't the discrepancy too much?
Assuming they refer to popularity = population of players and top ranking = money earned??

Aigis players spent the most, on a dead game at that? Wow.
Dead game as in most inactive.

Also who even plays bbe and everlasting summer past a week?
Do they count one time players in popularity?
Hopefully a dev can explain the math behind it

Although i must say, i do like the new graphics, nice, fit format similar to dmm's

Skulkraken
03-01-2016, 04:07 AM
...I had no idea Big Bang Empire was that popular.

How does DMM handle its ranking system?

nip101
03-01-2016, 04:30 AM
I'm kinda surprised Dragons providence is so high since there's very little love for it on the forums here for it, and its one of their newer releases.

Also BBE does have a surprising amount of people if you go into ranking and sort by level.

Unregistered
03-01-2016, 05:27 AM
Most likely ranking is based on total players while popularity is based on players logged on at the same time. Aigis you don't really sit in game for like hours upon hours. you go in for like 20 minutes or so do w.e then log off and wait for the regen.

Tenhou
03-01-2016, 06:39 AM
Well, breaks combined with that OI has a collaboration event going kind of makes things worse for Aigis in general on the ranking.

darkeleon
03-01-2016, 07:47 AM
osawari have best gifs with voice and easy to get most of them but it is a complete p2w to win event & rare girls T_T, how hell histuji chronicle is ranked so high? no voice, no gif, silly girls problems, slow gameplay,his only good point is auto battle to go afk =D, i like girls kingdom gameplay, no gif but have voice girls, ok scenes, aigis is the most fiendly with free player but no voice, likeable gameplay too, peropero is ok it have gifs with voice but there no gameplay

soranokira
03-01-2016, 08:14 AM
osawari have best gifs with voice and easy to get most of them but it is a complete p2w to win event & rare girls T_T, how hell histuji chronicle is ranked so high? no voice, no gif, silly girls problems, slow gameplay,his only good point is auto battle to go afk =D, i like girls kingdom gameplay, no gif but have voice girls, ok scenes, aigis is the most fiendly with free player but no voice, likeable gameplay too, peropero is ok it have gifs with voice but there no gameplay

hitsuji is actually pretty popular in a similar way to how kanpani is popular, IMO. some people like that sort of dungeon grinding gameplay.

Eab1990
03-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Most likely ranking is based on total players while popularity is based on players logged on at the same time. Aigis you don't really sit in game for like hours upon hours. you go in for like 20 minutes or so do w.e then log off and wait for the regen.

Aigis also probably still brings in profit compared to the other games that are easier to F2P in.

The breaks obviously don't help for it to flourish in either category, of course.

Meanwhile, apparently Angelic Saga is floundering in the rankings, sadly. If they revamped tournaments to not be so grindy and made it so that it wasn't so difficult to upgrade cards, maybe it'd get better.

Unregistered
03-01-2016, 09:56 AM

I'd guess Hitsuji is popular because of a couple reasons.

It's one of the newer games
You can get any character from ticket gacha which you get plenty of tickets for
You can get help from your friends higher level characters if you know someone who started before you
No character limit so no need to expand it which is usually cash shop only

Tenhou
03-01-2016, 10:49 AM
I'd guess Hitsuji is popular because of a couple reasons.

Add in that some people, like me, actually like the whole storytelling around a girls problems and getting to know her point of view. Heck it is probably the one reason i like playing this game - getting new girls and reading their conversations.

ZeroZet
03-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Aaaand, the Dev hath spoketh.

Those labels are not final.
Top ranked = Most players
Most popular = Most new players

Also

Overall, Aigis is the #3 most popular game on Nutaku in the past three months. It slipped briefly in February to #4 due to a surge in popularity in Dragon Providence, despite its own numbers rising. You can confirm that by reading about it on the blog post we wrote last month. ( http://www.nutaku.net/blog/year-in-review/ )

The "most popular" chart appearing on the homepage is currently based on the metric of most new registered users trying the game out for the first time. The actual title should be titled "Most New Players" and will probably be updated in the near future.

Aigis is a great game with a strong community. We have a lot of ambitious plans for reversing the somewhat inconsistent level of JP developer attention, and when we implement that plan, you can expect a major announcement both here and on our social pages.

Thanks.

buttlover
03-01-2016, 12:40 PM
So despite that aigis is one of the last games a new player will try (10th), it has one of the biggest active players pools in nutaku? (3/4th)
No surprise there.

I myself tried out the games in this order OI -> DTM -> PERO ->GK -> AIGIS, somewhere along those lines.
I think the aigis cover icon was pretty ugly previously, so i didn't click on it till i tried out most games. (Sry sherry but your face isn't cover girl material)

Unregistered
03-01-2016, 03:20 PM
With all the issues for nutaku Aigis, it's pretty obvious why it doesn't attract a ton of new players. If I was recommending Aigis to a friend, there's no way I'd point them to our version. It's also not the flashiest game out there, so unless you know before hand that it's actually the gameplay that sustain the game, you'd probably try one of the others first.

Dragon Providence on the other hand, has a couple of things going for it: 1) It's at the top of the game list (people usually start there), 2) it has a mobile version (a much wider market). Despite that, I'm willing to bet that DP probably has the worst player retention of all the games on Nutaku. Most players quit within days, if not weeks. Guilds are constantly having to rebuild/merge due to their players consistently bleeding away (not to mention the countless dead guilds). It is probably the biggest whale trap I've ever seen, with every event and (decent) new units/card asking players to shell out hundreds of $.

The other rankings seems fairly reasonable, with newer games tending to get more new players trying them out. The only somewhat surprising bit is that Hitsuji got the kind of population to be 5th overall despite all its launch issues, but that might say more about the other games than itself.

slyyr
03-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Oswari and Peropero having linked events/rewards certainly helps the popularity of both games.

Aigis is still my favourite in spite of starting with both of those fairly recently. I imagine they will likely get boring fast like Hellfire Girls (The first game that attracted me to Nutaku) did.

soranokira
03-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Those labels are not final.
Top ranked = Most players
Most popular = Most new players

Overall, Aigis is the #3 most popular game on Nutaku in the past three months. It slipped briefly in February to #4

right.
iirc my order was Everlasting Summer -> PPS/AS (due to ad)-> Aigis/LoV -> OI (and so on in the order they were released)
Frankly speaking if not for the lack of events, I reckon Aigis should have the highest player retention for all nutaku games atm.

Skulkraken
03-02-2016, 04:45 AM
Now I'm curious what those "ambitious plans" are. Do you guys think it'd be okay to speculate on what they could be while we wait for an official announcement?

buttlover
03-02-2016, 05:06 AM
aigis climbed to first and pero pero fell to 5th in 2 days?

I mean they still have the combined events with OI right?
Man this looks so rigged!

Unregistered
03-02-2016, 03:33 PM
aigis climbed to first and pero pero fell to 5th in 2 days?

I mean they still have the combined events with OI right?
Man this looks so rigged!

Depends on how they actually update the list. While that jump might seem a little odd if they adjust it in real time, if it is instead updated periodically it makes more sense. If they only update the rankings every week or so, then that shift might line up to the Aigis activity from the Dragon Slayer event.

- - - Updated - - -

And also, currently there is no event going on in PPS. Even the collaboration thing at the moment is to play OI to get some bonus in PPS, and not about playing PPS itself.

YoxalLoyal
03-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Nutaku announced that they're bringing Flower Knight Girl over to the west. I wonder how well this one will do on the rankings. Anyone played it? It seems like an interesting game from the YouTube videos. Battle mechanics remind me of Osawari Island.

Overload
03-04-2016, 04:32 AM
Nutaku announced that they're bringing Flower Knight Girl over to the west. I wonder how well this one will do on the rankings. Anyone played it? It seems like an interesting game from the YouTube videos. Battle mechanics remind me of Osawari Island.

Pls no 2nd OI, every time I play it for the shitty collaboration I get an urge to hurl. I developed an allergy of the combat mechanics and the gacha...

ZeroZet
03-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Hm, I was told it is more like to Kanpani Girls...

buttlover
03-04-2016, 11:03 AM
i tried it out a few weeks ago and even got lucky with a rainbow girl (0.5% droprate)

It plays like an rpg similar to the play style of KG/OI. You run across the map in a snake and ladder style drawing with up to 4 teams of girls, killing mobs, collecting treasures to reach the end of the map. Pretty fast run per map, about 3-5 mins.

The unique points imo, is that there is an equipment system (dumbed down version of KG's), affection system (similar to aigis) and class evolution. Pretty fun at first, but turned grindy like KG/OI for me.
The stamina regen is pretty close to aigis. So there is a longer waiting period compared to KG/OI.

If you like KG/OI, you might like FKG.

Ligoya
03-08-2016, 04:27 AM
Well, here are the gimmick of the "Flower Knight Girl" game :

1. Squad/Gameplay
- You have 4 slot of squad, it can be filled with 5 girl with the first slot of each squad are their leader.
- Each girl have different type of weapon, "Blunt", "Slash", "Pierce", "Magic" which can be used for increasing damage to the enemy.
- Each girl also have different skill and leader buff and the activation of each skill are all random.
- Each girl get their skill animated btw, and they are cool to look at.
- In the menu you have a freebie, there an icon of sign board with 3 seed in the main menu, you can use it 3x to get stamina, gold, and gift, refill time are 40 mnt/seed, it will reset after you level up.

2. Map
- Each map can be completed by reaching their goal by any of your squad.
- There is star system in the map, to achieve 3 star your must : Reach the goal, Kill the boss, and Kill all enemy.
- Each map have a track that your squad take, as each map take more stamina to consume, it get progressively? harder(if I had to say, it have difficulty spike after you get over the 10th map), more enemy, more track to take, and more gimmick in the map (ex. RNG spinning arrow(it's pure RNG), you will understand after you seeing it)
- and also a skip button for skipping all fighting animation of your girl stomping all weaker monster and stuff.

3. Level up/Affection/Evolution
- The girl level up by feeding them other girls(CANIBALISM LOL, now I realized how fucked up this system is) or fairys that suite their type of weapon.
- Affection system just like Aigis.
- Evolution can be achieve by Max Lv, Max Affection, have Dragon Fairys, and enough Gold.