PDA

View Full Version : what does my team comp need

switch
03-20-2016, 07:03 AM
not to sure what my comp needs the most. i dont really use 2 witches and i dont really like male barbarians if i had a female would prob use. cheers for the help if you guys can.

soranokira
03-20-2016, 07:24 AM
you dont use 2 witches for phalanx 2?
also cant think of anything critical you might need atm except a valk, spica and a bandit. but since you're anti-bandit I guess you can forget about it. I generally care more for utility than male or female issue. (except that few waifu-tier girls that I just want to get)

switch
03-20-2016, 07:29 AM
nope only need yuyu, minevra and prince and some times a healer if i dont get any insta kills for phalanx 2. im working on getting spica have 3 laurens and 100 dc atm with my stamp card giving me another 30 in a few days. i do have like 8 eleines i could merge and get a min cost valk n lvl it maybe? or i shouldnt merge them and keep the spares?.. i just find trust items a pain to get and havent needed a bandit so far.

soranokira
03-20-2016, 07:47 AM
I feel there might be times when you might need one in the future, especially for male only maps, but up to you.
a mincost elaine is fine, you probably dont need to use too many valks as cc fodder anyway. just try to keep about 2-3 around in case you need a valk for AW or CC fodder.

you actually need an additional tank, but if you dont like using duplicates you can wait until you get another heavy

switch
03-20-2016, 07:49 AM
i have garrett the gold tank but people say he isnt that good cause his skill is attack not defense

kayfabe
03-20-2016, 07:50 AM
Garret is a hell of a lot better than nothing--he's well below Bernice but it's not like trying to tank post Awakening bosses with silvers is a great idea either. Otherwise, it's time to start looking at Awakening as well some of the more specialized units that you may not use constantly but still come in handy on certain map types. For example, a ranged melee unit would be nice, although I wouldn't put off awakening to get Saki.

soranokira
03-20-2016, 07:59 AM
Garret is a hell of a lot better than nothing. Otherwise, it's time to start looking at Awakening as well some of the more specialized units that you may not use constantly but still come in handy on certain map types. For example, a ranged melee unit would be nice, although I wouldn't put off awakening to get Saki.

^ what he said. garrett is better than nothing.
also, I strongly suggest you at least get a mincosted silver witch (aka calliope) or at least start working towards one. your core is set up, what you need now are additional units of just about every class so you can handle all possibilities.

edit: I forgot to add: Eunice is a good bandit who doesnt really need the trust (IMO)

lacus
03-20-2016, 08:16 AM
you dont use 2 witches for phalanx 2?

What kind of setup do people use for Phalanx 2? I tend to use Odette + Prince.

lolix
03-20-2016, 08:16 AM
i disagree. Garret is a crap tank , and he's better off using leanne. Hell , leanne during her skill usage , at max skill level (and max lvl ofc) has literally the same defense as marribel during her skill usage.

soranokira
03-20-2016, 08:23 AM
i disagree. Garret is a crap tank , and he's better off using leanne. Hell , leanne during her skill usage , at max skill level (and max lvl ofc) has literally the same defense as marribel during her skill usage.

secondary tank. not primary. in any case, that is also why I added if he hates duplicates. not everybody likes having 2 fucking leeannes.
@lacus: cloris-calliope-shiho currently. used to run cloris-calliope-mage, then cloris-shiho-calliope, then the current form.

lacus
03-20-2016, 10:17 AM
I used to run witch-witch-mage or similar setups, but after I got Odette I changed to Odette-Prince (Odette in last range slot, then Prince in last melee slot for the slight atk boost) since I found that it works quite well. I guess it uses slightly more UP, but it lets me afk more, lol.

n00b
03-20-2016, 10:31 AM
Just for the record, you can do Phalanx 2 with only 1 CC'd witch.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=048ESWzrsAM

Lafate
03-20-2016, 05:38 PM
I used to run witch-witch-mage or similar setups, but after I got Odette I changed to Odette-Prince (Odette in last range slot, then Prince in last melee slot for the slight atk boost) since I found that it works quite well. I guess it uses slightly more UP, but it lets me afk more, lol.

Belinda, Adele, Prince....

HAHA I USE 4 LESS UP! BASK IN MY GREATNESS! *disappears again*

switch
03-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Ok so what seems more important right now? A valk or another heavy

Lafate
03-20-2016, 07:59 PM
Well you have a princess so a Valkyrie isn't all that needed... I'd say the heavy.

ZeroZet
03-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Ok so what seems more important right now? A valk or another heavyValkyrie should work great for eventual Subjugations.

soranokira
03-20-2016, 08:37 PM
Just for the record, you can do Phalanx 2 with only 1 CC'd witch.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=048ESWzrsAM

that's a nice one. although I personally find it too painful still. double witch (and more) feels easier for me.

kayfabe
03-21-2016, 01:54 AM
secondary tank. not primary. in any case, that is also why I added if he hates duplicates. not everybody likes having 2 fucking leeannes.

That and if you're willing to go so far as Awaken him he ends up with a huge effective health lead over Leeanne.

n00b
03-21-2016, 04:56 AM
that's a nice one. although I personally find it too painful still. double witch (and more) feels easier for me.
Oh yeah, for sure. But it's nice for new players because you can do Phalanx 2 earlier and can level a potentially more important unit instead. At some point you want a second witch anyway though.

I'm still rolling with just a CC'd Nenya on my DMM account lol. I'll work on leveling my Adele and mincost Belinda soon though.

switch
03-21-2016, 06:40 PM
scored myself thetis and jerome in the summons so that rounds out my second solider and a valk now just need to lvl them aha lucky base 2 is all soilders aha easy lvls for jerome

slyyr
03-22-2016, 04:44 PM
What kind of setup do people use for Phalanx 2? I tend to use Odette + Prince.

I use Adele, Cloris, Prince, Calliope. Adele and Cloris are CCed, Calliope at L50 and I want to min cost her in the future.

I use this formation in the order above :

As a free player still working on 50CC50 for base squad its worked well for most my time playing.