PDA

View Full Version : Zola any good?

switch
03-20-2016, 01:58 PM
Is Zola actually worth lvling? I mean yeah she gets a buff for this event but after that will she actually be any use? Or is a mage just as good if not better

Blaxer
03-20-2016, 02:08 PM
Is Zola actually worth lvling? I mean yeah she gets a buff for this event but after that will she actually be any use? Or is a mage just as good if not better

Well think of them as physicall mages, but since high-MR low-DEF enemies are not that common, i don't see her fitting as a main part of a team
Maybe DMM players will give better and further input for future maps

Kirito Rick
03-20-2016, 06:28 PM
I think Zola can be used as a good anti swarm if leveled up high enough...so she can clear the initial swarm of low armoured enemies untill you take the mage out..

She finds big use in the harder versions of thursday dailies where huge swarm of eyes move towards you and it becomes impossible for your archer to shoot them one by one...

so yes i think she may get use in futre...not now though

Davion
06-30-2016, 03:20 AM
Question - can you effectively use zola on demon crystal X map if you dont have one-shoot archer? I did math and she would one shot flying eyes on max aw lvl with uzume + aria or uzume + big hero, but is she somewhat useful pre-aw, or on early aw lvls (two-shooting eyes)

Tenhou
06-30-2016, 04:52 AM
Zola is a good unit. She has a longer range than mages and can be used well as a long range killer. That said, even if you have no use for her now i would say it is a good idea to level her for the future. In a future patch she will get increased range, damage and lower cost. She'll be one hell of a unit.

Rieyn
06-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Question - can you effectively use zola on demon crystal X map if you dont have one-shoot archer? I did math and she would one shot flying eyes on max aw lvl with uzume + aria or uzume + big hero, but is she somewhat useful pre-aw, or on early aw lvls (two-shooting eyes)

I've never used her for that on DMM, but the choices are a lot more varied there, so there hasn't really been a need to try that with her.

Overall, I'd say the main advantage of her class is the extra range over a mage/bishop. She's still going to fire slow, and she doesn't have a blast radius increase skill like some of the other artillery officers. To do what you want, you're almost certainly going to need a high MR tank to soak eyeball lasers as they close in.

Since her skill changes her damage type to magic, you can think of her as more of a real mage than the other artillery units available. There are better choices among the artillery officers for what you're looking to do on DMM, but it'll probably be awhile before any of them make it over to Nutaku. Especially at the rate we're progressing lately..

IvanLedah21
06-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Zola is better than mages against the flying eyes due to higher HP/Defense/Range than most mages of equal rarity and the fact they have MR if I'm not mistaken, her shots hit instantly instead of being a moderately slow fireball, and I can vouch for her viability in Crystal Keeper X and G (though mine is 50CC60 and not yet AW so she needs heal support; in X if she gets buffed by Uzume's skill she one-shots the masses of eyes, half of them don't even get one shot in). Most likely the other Gold+ Artillery officers are better in general but we don't have them (looking at the fact she doesn't get the extra range they do with AW due to Range down, though she gets attack speed up, and her skill just switches her to magic damage, where you could have a mage do that, though physical damage mostly and switch to magic vs. armored targets without switching out is good; then again I'm not sure what the other Artillery officers get)

Kirito Rick
07-01-2016, 04:23 AM
Would like to add this that...
Zola on skill awakening is deadly...
her AoE radius doubles and her attack becomes magical...

Ericridge
07-01-2016, 07:57 PM
She's one of the girls I want because she's hot and shoots stuff.