PDA

View Full Version : Event units

switch
03-21-2016, 04:31 AM
Are the plat and gold event units actually worth? Or are a fair lot of them just niche units. Like the samurai and pirate.

n00b
03-21-2016, 04:43 AM
Some are, some aren't. Usually event units aren't quite as strong as their premium counterparts, but they're obviously easier to acquire and to CR/SU. Collection event units tend to be very strong, but are also the most expensive to max out (~30-40 SC). The general consensus on Beatrice and Momiji is that they're rather useless.

switch
03-21-2016, 05:39 AM
while im here is it worth doing armor today or keep farming silvers and event

soranokira
03-21-2016, 05:45 AM
while im here is it worth doing armor today or keep farming silvers and event

iirc you started not long ago, so unless you can farm 3rd map for lauren, I think you should just farm armors today. in particular, aim to rush CC for your core units (1 witch 1 healer 1 archer 1 heavy and katie)
your best friend: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgRxjMhPlSKwapvoM63yjv891M_wtrckz
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgRxjMhPlSKwmghlVKVrkG8ZzvfAAHJC5

aim for golden armor (monday) H, crystal keeper (thursday) H and maybe skyfallen gift H, as well as phalanx 2 within 2 weeks.

if you can farm lauren, just farm him since you'll need lots of archer fodders.

switch
03-21-2016, 05:51 AM
i can clear all those maps easy :P just only started during the last 3 events only one that seems worth so far was dragon princess

soranokira
03-21-2016, 05:56 AM
ah my bad, thought you started later than that. focus on leveling your team and/or getting laurens or any other silver you need. as a general guide I feel it's good to get at least 2 silver of every class (except rarer ones like samurai and pirate) around as cc fodder, and at least 5 of each when you're starting to move towards AW'ing

Lafate
03-21-2016, 07:57 AM
Some are, some aren't. Usually event units aren't quite as strong as their premium counterparts, but they're obviously easier to acquire and to CR/SU. Collection event units tend to be very strong, but are also the most expensive to max out (~30-40 SC). The general consensus on Beatrice and Momiji is that they're rather useless.

Beatrice isn't useless. She is a poor mans Rachel, and Rachel is a good pirate.

switch
03-21-2016, 08:23 AM
i already use minevra as my pirate/ second range unit

n00b
03-21-2016, 08:37 AM
Beatrice isn't useless. She is a poor mans Rachel, and Rachel is a good pirate.
Hence "rather". I believe most people would consider losing that much range on skill activation for a class that normally excels at range problematic. It's not always an issue, but it certainly can be.
At the end of the day you can use pretty much any event unit, but whether they're worth the investment (to potentially spend SC on CR/SU and to level them) is another question.

ZeroZet
03-21-2016, 10:03 AM
Are the plat and gold event units actually worth? Or are a fair lot of them just niche units. Like the samurai and pirate.While quite a number of them are niche units, for every Momiji out there you have a Claudia or Solano. Okay, for every other Momiji, but you get the point.
Besides, for a free player, any event unit is pretty worth it, being free and all. Well, maybe not min-max worth it, but anything is better than nothing at all.
If all else fails, bed-warmers! XD Harem must grow!!! :cool:

switch
03-21-2016, 12:29 PM
man these laurens and momiji's just arent dropping. RNG PLEASE

Blaxer
03-21-2016, 02:41 PM
man these laurens and momiji's just arent dropping. RNG PLEASE

To be fair Lauren's map is what, the third? so low rates for Momji, and Silvers have 10% chance or less to drop