PDA

View Full Version : A Flurry of Super Elite Guards

Unregistered
03-26-2016, 11:40 AM
One of the items that is overlooked in this event is the humble Elixir. However, it can be used to create a flurry of Super Elite Guard arrivals.

Using all the pero you get from guard kills (I usually get over 1 million pero in these events) you can buy Elixirs to get rid of regular guards and keep rolling for the Super Elite Guards. If enough finders do this at once we can create a huge list of Super Elite Guards.

I'm not suggesting to do it all the time, as this could result in loss of pero over the long run. But if you have a bunch of Elixirs doing nothing in your inventory, this is how to use them.

JSensei
03-26-2016, 11:50 AM
One of the items that is overlooked in this event is the humble Elixir. However, it can be used to create a flurry of Super Elite Guard arrivals.

Using all the pero you get from guard kills (I usually get over 1 million pero in these events) you can buy Elixirs to get rid of regular guards and keep rolling for the Super Elite Guards. If enough finders do this at once we can create a huge list of Super Elite Guards.

I'm not suggesting to do it all the time, as this could result in loss of pero over the long run. But if you have a bunch of Elixirs doing nothing in your inventory, this is how to use them.

Sometimes they screw up the pricing too. Last EG, they accidentally had elixirs and drinks for 500 pero instead of 5,000. If you time it right, you can buy hundreds of them for very little.

I used to think that it wasn't effective to let guards escape, but using elixirs means you fight nothing but SEGs. Much more effective.

ChibiKika
03-26-2016, 01:09 PM
I actually remember doing this in the distant past around the first time SEGs came out.

Back at that one time, a "feature" nulled Beta SEC amps and after a certain point of killing back to back EGs, they'd get strong enough to require you to use a full-strength hit to take them out.

What made it doubly worse was that SEG appearance rates often fell as low as 1 in 6, so you'd be burning 5 elixirs to meet a SEG along with a few puddings to take out that SEG (highest event SED was like maybe 10m, average SED inhibition was 50m+) And as you know, SEGs pretty much don't give you enough pero to buy an elixir bundle.

Nowadays, I figure I can use that 30k pero and buy 3 R wilds instead of 5 elixirs (well, technically 33k pero if you count the conversion costs). I'm strong enough to weak 1-shot about 90% of my EGs and since I'm usually playing a few games at once, waiting 10-20 minutes helps me happily regen my focus and come back for more. End of an hour or 2 I drop back to the home screen and stare happily at my gift mailbox packed to 80+ rewards.

Not saying my way's better, and I'm not crazy arrogant enough as a paying player to think everyone can do this, as your event SED needs to be pretty damn high (~40m+) to be able to pull it off. I'm just saying that in the perspective of a heavy hitter, this approach is pretty "meh", as you can get more rewards actually taking out the EGs and not caring much for SEGs, especially when you have friends that actually share their SEGs to reduce the urgency of SEG eliminations.

Ladies lover
03-26-2016, 01:47 PM
this strategy is good if you have a lot of SECs if you use it with low number of SECs it will cost you a lot of peros because you will encounter normal EG too much . I used it in the previous EG event with 2R & 2N SECs with 3M~4M peros spent on elixirs my over all SEGs killed was 1600~1700 can't remember exactly . 1000~1300 kills were through support the remaining I found myself .

Unregistered
03-26-2016, 07:13 PM
I actually remember doing this in the distant past around the first time SEGs came out.

Back at that one time, a "feature" nulled Beta SEC amps and after a certain point of killing back to back EGs, they'd get strong enough to require you to use a full-strength hit to take them out.

What made it doubly worse was that SEG appearance rates often fell as low as 1 in 6, so you'd be burning 5 elixirs to meet a SEG along with a few puddings to take out that SEG (highest event SED was like maybe 10m, average SED inhibition was 50m+) And as you know, SEGs pretty much don't give you enough pero to buy an elixir bundle.

Nowadays, I figure I can use that 30k pero and buy 3 R wilds instead of 5 elixirs (well, technically 33k pero if you count the conversion costs). I'm strong enough to weak 1-shot about 90% of my EGs and since I'm usually playing a few games at once, waiting 10-20 minutes helps me happily regen my focus and come back for more. End of an hour or 2 I drop back to the home screen and stare happily at my gift mailbox packed to 80+ rewards.

Not saying my way's better, and I'm not crazy arrogant enough as a paying player to think everyone can do this, as your event SED needs to be pretty damn high (~40m+) to be able to pull it off. I'm just saying that in the perspective of a heavy hitter, this approach is pretty "meh", as you can get more rewards actually taking out the EGs and not caring much for SEGs, especially when you have friends that actually share their SEGs to reduce the urgency of SEG eliminations.

My situation is different. I have reached my Event Point goals but I only have just over 50 SEG kills. Since Elite Guards will only give me EPs that I don't need, I have no problem getting rid of them. Not only that, but it currently takes me a whole focus bar to kill a normal Elite. So for my situation I would rather weak seduce a bunch of SEGs and let others take them out rather than waste valuable focus on normal guards. A flurry of SEGs summoned by many players would allow all of us to weak seduce many SEGs an quickly rack up a lot of SEG kills.

ChibiKika
03-26-2016, 08:55 PM
My situation is different. I have reached my Event Point goals but I only have just over 50 SEG kills. Since Elite Guards will only give me EPs that I don't need, I have no problem getting rid of them. Not only that, but it currently takes me a whole focus bar to kill a normal Elite. So for my situation I would rather weak seduce a bunch of SEGs and let others take them out rather than waste valuable focus on normal guards. A flurry of SEGs summoned by many players would allow all of us to weak seduce many SEGs an quickly rack up a lot of SEG kills.

Yeah, like I said, my approach only works since I'm just about at the point of heavy hitter now. If anything, most players (if they know about it) probably use your approach more.

Unfortunate bit is given the nature of SEGs jumping from 1-40m at random, you often need someone on hand who's both powerful enough to make a killing blow when necessary and considerate enough to wait so that all your other friends trying to get pokes in can have their piece. Even for me, I find it difficult to balance that out while I monitor my friends' online statuses and handpick my heavy trucks for exclusion when a very fragile SEG comes my way.

(Betcha can't do this with elixirs~)

Ultimately though, I suppose it comes down to your friends. If you have none that participate or your hitter/poker ratio is outright crap (yes, too many hitters active at the same time is a big problem too), you can suffer some pretty nasty drawbacks in this event, elixirs or not.