PDA

View Full Version : The middle man

switch
04-09-2016, 08:30 PM
We have had posts on the best and the worst units.. But what about the middle man.. The gold units. What are the best and the worst gold units. As people are more likely to get a gold then a plat for any free players.

soranokira
04-09-2016, 09:10 PM
drop rate boosters, bernice, claire (not available in nutaku), iris, aria, noel (not available), conrad, betty, hien, eln, raichi, mehlis, maurette and maybe yuyu.

the rest are pretty bad. like kojurou. although maybe it's also due to his class.

switch
04-09-2016, 09:37 PM
No love for my girl Fedora? While her heal is lower I find some maps just can't reach the target for a third healer slot.

soranokira
04-09-2016, 11:45 PM
No love for my girl Fedora? While her heal is lower I find some maps just can't reach the target for a third healer slot.

you have priest warriors and liana for that.

kayfabe
04-10-2016, 12:35 AM
Fedora is a decent complementary unit but nothing people get excited about due to her skill and competition from Iris. To get noticed as a Gold unit it really helps to be guaranteed or have a nice drop rate or Awakening bonus. For example, Bernice is one of the first units Soranokiro listed because she has solid stats well-tailored to her role and because her 5% Defense bonus to Heavy Infantry ability makes her a decent second tank even if you do happen to get Gellius or Deine.

Larcx
04-10-2016, 12:40 AM
For Me drop rate booster aren't really helping
Meh.. My Luck is suck

So it's either Bernice-Fedora
If include DMM units , I say Raichi is good
Slow ATK speed though , since she is Dwarf IIRC
I even treat her as HA , since I only have Leeanne as HA for almost 3 month~

Sasha
04-10-2016, 01:41 AM
Any mincost or CR gold soldier is top tier, and easily beats the non CR soldiers (looking at you Katie), I have Jerome AW and use mincost AW Aria as well. Soldiers are for unit points and unit points skills first, stats second, Aria is also great in that she's attack focused and so kills weak stuff fast which is generally what attack soldiers.

Bernice is a solid Heavy for a gold, Conrad is also a great Bandit. You'd use these 2 even if you have better versions on the same team.

Fedora is one of the best healers in the game, coming from someone who has everyone but Chydis and Marius, she's easily mincost, cheaper than Iris and is the only one with expand range 2. Iris is a solid healer who is eclipsed by others easily, I do not have room for a jack of all trades master of none.
I go with mincost AW Fedora and Marr as my main 2 healers, if theres ever a need for more healing then AW Camilla and Liana can help out with some heavy lifting but 95% of the time they're not needed for nutaku.
Fedora seriously punches above her weight as a gold, range is king on a healer moreso than on other classes. However her skill at 1/5 isn't good, 2/5 is ok and 3/5 and up is great.

Larcx
04-10-2016, 01:53 AM
Any mincost or CR gold soldier is top tier, and easily beats the non CR soldiers (looking at you Katie)

WRONG!!!

Should have (Looking at You fucking Dev Tea)

I have Katie 12 UP on DMM
And many veterans said they are sick with Katie as a reward from many previous Event

So 10 UP Katie (Mincosted) are possible
On DMM though~

Sasha
04-10-2016, 02:00 AM
WRONG!!!

Should have (Looking at You fucking Dev Tea)

I have Katie 12 UP on DMM
And many veterans said they are sick with Katie as a reward from many previous Event

So 10 UP Katie (Mincosted) are possible
On DMM though~
Well yeah, its even easier to raise Katie now with the Gold CR fairy too and getting a CR soldier is priority over other classes, still she's beaten by the other soldiers with same cost unless its vital you have that 2% defense.

Larcx
04-10-2016, 02:54 AM
Well yeah, its even easier to raise Katie now with the Gold CR fairy too and getting a CR soldier is priority over other classes, still she's beaten by the other soldiers with same cost unless its vital you have that 2% defense.

I have nothing to say for 2% def

But , can You say the same thing if You do not have other Best Gold Soldier ATM??!

Aria REVIVAL FUCKING WHEN??!
Nuff said.......

blacksaber
04-10-2016, 03:48 AM
I have nothing to say for 2% def

But , can You say the same thing if You do not have other Best Gold Soldier ATM??!

Aria REVIVAL FUCKING WHEN??!
Nuff said.......

Two things...why so angry?

Secondly. I believe this thread was meant to discuss the current gold units available to nutaku players. For most players, getting Katie is pretty useful for UP generation. The only other options are Jerome (best unit...but a plat, and not part of this discussion), Aria (who, like many, I was not here for), and Julian (who I didn't get a copy of till we got gold rush. and will be harder to come by).

So yeah, even if vets on both versions are tired of her, she is easily the best soldier available to new players...making her one of ht best CURRENTLY AVAILABLE golds

Larcx
04-10-2016, 04:05 AM
Two things...why so angry?

Secondly. I believe this thread was meant to discuss the current gold units available to nutaku players. For most players, getting Katie is pretty useful for UP generation. The only other options are Jerome (best unit...but a plat, and not part of this discussion), Aria (who, like many, I was not here for), and Julian (who I didn't get a copy of till we got gold rush. and will be harder to come by).

So yeah, even if vets on both versions are tired of her, she is easily the best soldier available to new players...making her one of ht best CURRENTLY AVAILABLE golds

Huh?
lol
Angry?

RAGE at Aigis Dev for their treatment of Nutaku Aigis
Then yes~

blacksaber
04-10-2016, 04:30 AM
Huh?
lol
Angry?

RAGE at Aigis Dev for their treatment of Nutaku Aigis
Then yes~

I see your point. In that case, I have a spare pitchfork I've been saving for a rainy day.

CharlesRJC
04-10-2016, 05:08 AM
I have Aria and I don't even use her half as often as Kate. Kate is basically mini HA with UP skill while Aria is getting stomped by anything with above average attack.

Tenhou
04-10-2016, 06:13 AM
I have Aria and I don't even use her half as often as Kate. Kate is basically mini HA with UP skill while Aria is getting stomped by anything with above average attack.

This, pretty much. She often makes the need of a HA disappear and can tank a lot of things. Of course, Aria is great when you don't need to tank something heavy, but Katie will often just be placed and then exist for eons tanking everything possible until some sort of mega boss appears.

Ramazan
04-10-2016, 10:13 AM
No love for monica? :( xiao? :( i've killed the bosses with her in the latest 2nd and 3rd event maps (didnt expected her to one-shot bosses lel) so dont underestimate %10 chance (yeah i know it goes down to %0.000001 when it comes to this and that ok...)

soranokira
04-10-2016, 10:48 AM
No love for monica? :( xiao? :( i've killed the bosses with her in the latest 2nd and 3rd event maps (didnt expected her to one-shot bosses lel) so dont underestimate %10 chance (yeah i know it goes down to %0.000001 when it comes to this and that ok...)

already mentioned monica under drop rate boosters. xiao is not reliable enough to be used compared to other archers.
also, I actually listed the golds on previous page as I remembered, not exactly bernice getting any priority. but it's true that she fulfills her role as a gold for her class very well, which made her easily memorable to me to be mentioned early.

but for the 'middle man' list, they're largely split outright into usable and not usable. anything I didn't list on 1st page is almost = useless. (note the almost. too lazy to start another bullshit argument for half-decent units)

lolix
04-10-2016, 12:24 PM
besides the soldiers , bernice and drop boosters , there is also yuyu. SHe's an elf (that means her attack is higher, and is on par with belinda for example , while she also attacks somewhat faster) , and has the same skill as well, giving the ability to pass war of magic. Belinda ofc has a very good awakening passive , but AW yuyu is very very cheap to field past AW , and u can replace a caliopee with her as a cheap deploy witch

All in all , she has power over her rarity i'd say.

Ramazan
04-10-2016, 12:56 PM
@sora: But we dont have raichi in nutaku (couldnt find her wiki so she doesnt exist?) this leaves us only with stray and i dont think strays 2X burst attack is better than an assassination skill, at least for the ppl like us who have at least both spica and bashira. But im stopping here cuz exams tomorrow need to get to work asap :c

I dont like yuyus aw skill, if we skill aw a witch ofc. Loses purpose of class. We dont have skill aw i know but until then, yeah yuyu is gud. Seen some ppl in videos who aw'ed and skill aw'ed all of his units, thats why i implied this.

CharlesRJC
04-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Its kind of sweet how people think they are going to skill awaken all the units they have, including gold ones. Also, having a bad skill AW doesn't essentially make an unit worse if their base skill is good. Hell, I'd take 2x Anyas anytime: one skill awakened, one not

Ramazan
04-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Hmm... I prefer a skill aw'ed cloris over a non skill aw'ed yuyu because she gets more range + more pew pew, basically takes over yuyus role, so what u say about this?

Tenhou
04-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Comparing a skill awakened unit to a non-skill awakened unit? It'd be more fair if you compared both. Yuyu wins without skill AW because of the essential range and the fact that she deals a lot more damage normally. In SA'd form it really depends. Yuyu becomes a mini mage and Cloris becomes a non-SA Yuyu on steroids.

Yuyu will be great if you need an early low cost mage much like Solano but she deals less damage and can attack while the skill is on CD. Cloris is pure single target damage.

Ramazan
04-10-2016, 04:52 PM
^ yeah this is what im saying, i think yuyus aw skill is very unnecessary, cuz the witch's main role is slowing down the big mobs until they reac... well this discussion was already made in its thread no point to debate more. Dont forget cloris get %100 atk too (dunno if its covered with yuyus high atk and spd) So basically i'd want yuyu for the beginning but if i decide to skill aw a witch then things change :p

soranokira
04-10-2016, 09:55 PM
I find it funny that initial/cooldown timers are not considered, duration and cost not considered, and skills are equivalent to activate on deployment.
also because hybrids are horrible units and you're not allowed to not use their skill when you need the slow and stuff like that.