PDA

View Full Version : Team building advice (Not completely new)

Grimmiq
04-12-2016, 06:02 AM
So I've been playing for a while, not completely free as I did buy some SC a couple of times.

I'm currently at a point where I'm working towards Awakening units and would like a bit of advice on which units are really worth putting the time to level fully.

What I currently have (Cost/evolved/awakened)
Rogue
Betty (9)
Cuterie (9)
Cypria (10)
Ada (11)

Monk
Gina (10)

Sailor
Marie (Limit Value Evolved)

Archer
Shao (Limit Value Evolved)
Spica (14 Evolved)
Nanaly (16 Evolved) Feeding her all the armours I get, currently 50CC72

Soldier
Julian (12 Evolved)
Katie (13 Evolved)

Witch
Cloris (12)
Yuyu (14 Evolved)

Valkyrie
Kerry (15)
Clissa (17)

Pirate
Monica (15 Evolved)

Advanced Guard
Shuka (Limit Value)

Healer
Iris (19 Evolved)
Fedora (18 Evolved)
Camilla (21 Evolved)

Samurai
Chizuru (21 Evolved)
Momiji (22 Evolved)
Shizuka (21)

Magic Fencer
Charlotte (23)

Heavy
Bernice (25 Awakened)

Mage
Cyrus (30)
Barbastroff (35 Evolved)
Garania (31)
Sasha (31)

Princess
Themis (19)
Claudia (20)
Sybilla (21) Lv. 61

Bandit
Cellia (19 Evolved)

Ninja
Azami (19)

Angel
Sophie (19)

+ Assorted Silvers

This last star event was the first I was able to complete fully, so all of the previous ones I have are not min cost. As you can see I've sort of gone all over the place evolving random units here and there, so would really appreciate some direction on which units are really worth focusing on.

Current team I usually run is Katie,Nanaly,Yuyu,Monica,Iris,Sybilla,Barbastroff, Bernice, Fedora, Julian, Momiji, Camilla, Spica, Azami,Pallis (Silver mage).

switch
04-12-2016, 06:20 AM
I have the same issue with my duelists I just don't know which ones to use aha

soranokira
04-12-2016, 07:06 AM
read the AW priority in the AW thread, but otherwise you will want to AW the following first: Spica, nanaly, katie, camilla, iris, garania, clissa

next in priority: monica, sybilla, claudia, cuterie, betty, julian, yuyu, fedora, charlotte/horus (you should have horus if you have charlotte?), sasha, cellia, sophie.

if their AW is not available yet, then level them to max. best to get all those listed above to AW40 or CC50 or max level where possible. aside from the ones I listed, I'd say the rest are low priority. btw, aside from bernice, you're recommended to have another heavy (leeanne/bernard)

Grimmiq
04-12-2016, 07:14 AM
read the AW priority in the AW thread, but otherwise you will want to AW the following first: Spica, nanaly, katie, camilla, iris, garania, clissa

next in priority: monica, sybilla, claudia, cuterie, betty, julian, yuyu, fedora, charlotte/horus (you should have horus if you have charlotte?), sasha, cellia, sophie.

if their AW is not available yet, then level them to max. best to get all those listed above to AW40 or CC50 or max level where possible. aside from the ones I listed, I'd say the rest are low priority. btw, aside from bernice, you're recommended to have another heavy (leeanne/bernard)

I think when the Horus event happened I was too weak to get to 12 stars to get her and have Charlotte from farming the 2/3 stamina map because that's all I could handle. After that I think I took a break and missed the Ancient Automata event.

Katie is good to go for Awakening, just need to get the orb for it, I guess I'll go for Camilla as she's 10lvls closer than Iris and Nanaly will likely take another 2 Plat Armours to hit 80.

Thanks ^^.

Koto
04-12-2016, 11:26 AM
You completed the most recent star event, so I'd recommend AW Monica. DC are so valuable that the extra 2-3% drop rate is worth awakening a non combat unit first.

lolix
04-12-2016, 11:54 PM
You completed the most recent star event, so I'd recommend AW Monica. DC are so valuable that the extra 2-3% drop rate is worth awakening a non combat unit first.

I agree. Also i preffer awakening all the multipliers first , then other stuff. Therefore spica , bernice , uzume , katie are higher priority for awakening in my team for example then nanaly. Other then that , pretty much what sora said

kayfabe
04-16-2016, 03:32 PM
I have the same issue with my duelists I just don't know which ones to use aha

You're not alone in that feeling. 5/5 Olivie and Karma are clear stand outs due to combining high magic damage and the ability to skill tank things like SS3 Black Oni for brief periods but most other duelists have to wait until they are Awakened to start really differentiating themselves. Of the available units my dream would be running Olivie & Lyla as my main duelists with Thetis pinch hitting on paralysis maps, but luckily there's ways to work around the absence.

Grimmiq
04-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Another small question, I'm looking at some of my awakening options, but it seems I can only use gold to awaken? I thought it was gold or silver CCd units, but I've looked at my archers (CCd Soma) and Witches (CCd Calliope), but neither are selectable while my golds are. Is the nutaku version gold only for Awakening fodder?

cjimi
04-17-2016, 11:37 PM
Another small question, I'm looking at some of my awakening options, but it seems I can only use gold to awaken? I thought it was gold or silver CCd units, but I've looked at my archers (CCd Soma) and Witches (CCd Calliope), but neither are selectable while my golds are. Is the nutaku version gold only for Awakening fodder?

did you unlock them in unit selection? cc'd silvers have worked for me in nutaku

switch
04-17-2016, 11:55 PM
Silvers do work they are probs locked or you didn't click the right icon.. Also who are you trying to awaken

Grimmiq
04-18-2016, 12:21 AM
Ahh, didn't even think of them being locked or in team already, that's probably it.

The 2 I was looking at were Spica and Yuyu, probably going with Spica first as that'll boost Nanaly too.

switch
04-18-2016, 12:34 AM
you wanna awaken a healer, tank and archer. i wouldnt be awakening yuyu at the moment. looking at the units you have i would awaken spica and camila/iris which ever is closer, used more

Ramazan
04-18-2016, 03:35 AM
I have too many units farmed at least cc50, from that point on farming with fodder units is pointless right? Just use exp armors? Or it will be a huge loss of golds. Im able to do base scramble II btw, at last.

Grimmiq
05-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Figured I'd just update this instead of starting a new thread.

I first Awakened Bernice (Tank), then Fedora (Healer, she was maxCR so I thought she would be best) and Nanaly (Archer)..So that's HAT done. What should my focus be on next?

I have Sybilla @ 68, so she won't be too far off.
Camilla and Iris both ready to be awakened.
Katie sees a lot of use and is ready too.
Or I can awaken Spica to give Nanaly another boost.

Any advice?

Tenhou
05-24-2016, 05:43 PM
Katie and Spica look like solid next ones. Katie due to you using her a lot and her AW passive which can come in handy. Spica, as you say, due to boosting your archers some more.

Might want to take a look at Garania too. Her damage is great and she can boost other mages much like Spica boosts archers.

After those i'd look at Sybilla and Camilla. You have a cheap healer already so getting a more expensive with the deployment heal is a good idea.

Lastly, you might want to take a look at Monica and Cellia, and perhaps cuterie too if you want to increase your gold/DC/spirit passives.

lolix
05-24-2016, 05:44 PM
spica. Spica should have been a priority even before nanaly. i didn't even awakened nanaly yet , but my spica is. She has 1 of the better awakenings IMO , especially since archers are so general use. I still kinda wonder why fedora was your first choice in healers. Both camilla and iris have better passive , and during their skill duration heal a crapload after aw (especially if u have their skill level maxed). My camilla can heal somewhere around 1.2k during skill for example...

Tenhou
05-24-2016, 06:01 PM
He did mention it is due to her being max CR. With the passive she gets even cheaper which is a rather nice deal to be honest. I have to agree that the deployment heal is really nice though.

lolix
05-24-2016, 06:18 PM
ah , i failed to notice that. Yeah , having a dirt cheap healer is great and all , but not sure if the costs of awakening is worth getting -1cr. I guess , if he can afford the fairies and the gold , it's a pretty good investment.

Grimmiq
05-26-2016, 02:37 AM
I do have both Cellia and Monica, so I think it'll be between Spica and Monica for the increased DC drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Any tips on these 2 classes for which units should be priority?

Mages -

I've seen a few people suggesting Mehlis (Gold) as a good choice, but I also have Sasha (Plat) with the same AW Ability. Both are base cost.
Also have a base cost Cyrus(Gold) and a maxCR Barbastroff(Gold).

Samurai -

I know these are considered kinda bad, but I have several to choose from so wouldn't mind getting 1 maxed out for situational use.

Momiji (Plat 22cost evolved) Shizuka (plat 20cost) Chizuru (gold 19cost evolved) and Kojoro (gold base cost, but have 4 of him, plan was to save for anything that needs Samurai for awakening).

Cheers.

Unregistered
05-26-2016, 03:21 AM
I do have both Cellia and Monica, so I think it'll be between Spica and Monica for the increased DC drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Any tips on these 2 classes for which units should be priority?

Mages -

I've seen a few people suggesting Mehlis (Gold) as a good choice, but I also have Sasha (Plat) with the same AW Ability. Both are base cost.
Also have a base cost Cyrus(Gold) and a maxCR Barbastroff(Gold).

Samurai -

I know these are considered kinda bad, but I have several to choose from so wouldn't mind getting 1 maxed out for situational use.

Momiji (Plat 22cost evolved) Shizuka (plat 20cost) Chizuru (gold 19cost evolved) and Kojoro (gold base cost, but have 4 of him, plan was to save for anything that needs Samurai for awakening).

Cheers.
IMHO, Mehlis is a better mage since her skill actually serve her role in combat instead of a niched use like Sasha.Cyrus and Barbastroff are only useful when they implement SAW, so if you want a mage, focus on Mehlis.About Samurai, ppl say that Shizuka is the best(currently) one and I agree with them, however Chizuru got much higher raw base damage.So if you want a samurai with staying power, pick Shizuka.If you want to slay Lich(or any other pesky mage), pick Chizuru.

lolix
05-26-2016, 04:21 AM
well there is also momiji , that becomes a barbarian during her skill , so if you lack duelists , u can go for her , assuming she's cr-ed. That being said , samurais get better after SAW. right now there aren't many uses for them that other classes don't do better

Grimmiq
05-30-2016, 09:20 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Decided to burn 100k on Base Summons..

4 Silvers and a Black! Added Berna to my collection.

Since I started playing that makes 2 plats and a black from the 2k summons.

lolix
05-30-2016, 09:34 AM
you got 4 silvers and a black from 50 summons ? Some of us barely gotten golds from it. Anf u also got 2 plats as well ? That's even beyond Tenhou-luck. You would put that luck to better use , by going and buying a loterry ticket

Grimmiq
05-30-2016, 09:39 AM
Never won a damn thing in lotteries. had a lot of luck with base summons though.

switch
05-30-2016, 11:05 AM
What plats you get? And how much you reckon you have spent on base summons?

Grimmiq
05-30-2016, 05:07 PM
Probably 50-100k every week on armor daily day. Both Plats were Camilla.

lolix
05-30-2016, 05:52 PM
camilla is prob the best pure healer we got right now. Her or chydis , but i prefer her , and chydis won't be back for a while as i see it. I;d actually seriously consider using both of her copies because she's quite a bit stronger then Iris

Grimmiq
05-31-2016, 09:38 PM
This was a while ago, already used her for CR, kinda regret it, but also have a min cost Fedora and min cost Iris.

- - - Updated - - -

Any advice on who's best as Duelists (Usually best to have 2 unless a map requires more?) Sybilla, Clissa, Sophie or Berna? Sybilla has saved me a few times so thinking of sticking with her...the last spot I'm not so sure about.

lolix
05-31-2016, 09:53 PM
during her skill duration ? SOphie is very damn strong. Imelia is a good duelist as well because she's a big ball of stats that gets doubled during her skill. Ada is another good duelist after awakening as well (and personal favorite. natural dodge chance , and a skill that gives her hp, defense , and attack as well? what's not to like ?) . Tethis is great because she gets increased attack without losing defense , and becomes imune to paralizyng efects after awakening. Lyla is another obvious choice , being 1 (if not downright the highest) dpser among duelists.

Then there are the princesses : lilia and sybilla are great duelists....lilia even more so after her SAW. Claudia is not that great statwise , but her true damage and increased mr during skill can make her effective vs mages/liches.

Then we have Olivie aka the "can't touch this princess". Great duelist with a great skill and great all around stats outside of hp. SHe is good vs physical enemies because of her skill , and great vs mages because of her MR (25-30). + she has a good passive that buffs elfs.

Grimmiq
05-31-2016, 10:04 PM
Yeah, my lvl68 100% affection Sybilla has lower attack than my lvl30 50% Sophie. I didn't manage to get Imelia to max CR unfortunately

lolix
05-31-2016, 10:07 PM
that must be such a big problem...deciding between sybilla and sophie.First world problems right here

Grimmiq
05-31-2016, 10:10 PM
Yeah, deciding which I'll use between Sybilla, Berna, Clissa and my twin Sophies is rough..I mean Nanaly was so simple to find a spot for.

soranokira
05-31-2016, 10:12 PM
leveling everything eventually in the end, deciding priority is really a waste of time and effort. just pick one you like more and carry on. as long as you level them one by one in order so you can use them when you need to. not sure what's with the fixation on '2 duelist'.

edit: only berna is really low priority since she's rogue (rip rogues)

lolix
05-31-2016, 10:20 PM
i actually like ada , and she's also a rogue. That being said , you can never have too many duelists

kayfabe
06-01-2016, 02:01 AM
that must be such a big problem...deciding between sybilla and sophie.First world problems right here

I too have been burdened with this affliction.

lolix
06-01-2016, 02:23 AM
i feel for you guys. Your maps must be really boring :)

kayfabe
06-01-2016, 04:34 AM
Not really. MR is nice but not always applicable.

Grimmiq
07-02-2016, 11:55 PM
Thanks to the new maps I managed to get an Uzume, I'm guessing she takes top priority now for awakening?

Sakob
07-03-2016, 04:26 AM
Thanks to the new maps I managed to get an Uzume, I'm guessing she takes top priority now for awakening?

Depends on what you have to awaken still I guess. Uzume is fantastic for her awakened sortie ability, but do you need it? It's a priority if you need that buff to do something you can't do without it (Like say, one shotting the eyes in Crystal Keeper G). If you can already do all of that, I'm not sure she'd be the absolute highest priority. You'd still want her awakened soon, but if you're close with someone else like say a Jerome or Aisha or something I'd finish them first, and do Uzume as soon as your core deployable units are sitting pretty.

...Also, I hate you. I spent so much trying to get her when she was in the spotlight and somehow got 3 Elizabeths instead (and my 3rd Aisha, I want Nanaly! Or Sybilla Damnit! I already have Aisha!) :\

Grimmiq
07-03-2016, 05:19 AM
So far I have these awakened

Katie
Spica
Nanaly
Fedora
Camilla
Sybilla
Bernice
Garania

So 1 Soldier, 1 Heavy, 2 Healers, 2 Archers, 1 Mage and a Princess. Thinking of using Uzume as my last awakening for a while so I can save up and buy the black Ninja and plat Samurai from the trading post before they're changed (I'm assuming it'll take a couple of months for them to get their act together) and try and get some CR for Spica.

Tenhou
07-03-2016, 07:37 AM
i feel for you guys. Your maps must be really boring :)

Honestly, it does not get more boring if you have blacks. You just have to work different strategies.

lolix
07-03-2016, 09:15 AM
it was sarcasm , you know ? Guess it doesn't 'translate that well in written