PDA

View Full Version : Best course of action towards 40?

Faelnyr
04-21-2016, 02:43 PM
Hello guys,

I'm wondering what the most efficient way to spend stamina is to reach lvl 40.

Currently I am lvl 28 with a pretty OK team, I have 38.8k power in helper squad, but only 97k total so my options are still quite limited.
Is it the best to farm event stage ?-3 to get 400 exp out of 30 stamina, or ?-4 for 500 exp out of 40 stamina.
Or should I keep progressing in campaign mode to catch the occasional raid boss which does give a big power boost if I get a good medium grade equipment.

I'm currently at stage 11-4 and I haven't been able to 3 star since stage 6 so I simply put all my units on the closest starting point to the boss and rush it for the experience.

What would you guys do? I'm currently just mixing the both cuz I do want medium grade equipment

MoopleFoople
04-21-2016, 03:00 PM
Math time!

?-4 gives 500 exp for 40 stam - that's 12.5 exp per stamina point
?-3 gives 400 exp for 30 stam - that's 13.3(333333) per stamina point

?-3 wins out there

As for not being able to 3 star since area six, are you balancing out your teams or are you using the helper set up (team 1 is strongest and it goes down from there)

fluffs
04-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Campaign is most efficient by far. Event maps are only good for getting 3* clear bonuses and if you need the specific items (specific manyu/dragons, and some events are good for grinding life crystals).

If you struggle at the highest available story map, I recommend getting manyu and/or dragons as needed.

edit: If you struggle to 3* maps not because teams are dying but because you're not able to reach some enemies, play around with where you start your teams. If it's because they're dying, switch to your second set and manually set your teams so there's not such a big difference between your strongest and weakest - then go back to the lowest map you haven't 3*d, get a 3*, and move on until you've gotten all 3*, while aiming for hidden stages and more manyu.

Faelnyr
04-21-2016, 03:15 PM
Yeah I'm using auto setup, this is how my squads look like: http://prntscr.com/av69ux

So, I shouldn't continue clearing area 11 onwards? I did it for the better raid bosses

edit: I played around a bit, I built two more squad setups

completely random: http://prntscr.com/av6ino
elemental based: http://prntscr.com/av6p3w

Any suggestions?

fluffs
04-21-2016, 03:48 PM
So, I shouldn't continue clearing area 11 onwards? I did it for the better raid bosses

Probably only your main and friend team can defeat even normal enemies on maps, so I'm not going to ask if you've gotten full clears on everything.

Every main story mission 3* clear gives you a flower gem. Most give affection items as well except for the final map of each chapter, which gives a 3* girl. Both of those rewards are better than a chance at some gems that might give you a decent equipment. Plus, going back will let you strengthen your weaker characters and give you more teams that can fight.

I auto-setup my first team for raid bosses and so my friends can use my strongest 5 characters: http://prnt.sc/av6lpn
But what I use for clearing maps is: http://prnt.sc/av6n49
I'm confident in any of my teams defeating non-boss enemies, so I'm more likely to get 3* clears, and I have a helper who is typically 5k to 10k stronger than my "average" teams if there are extra boss fights on the map.

Currently cleared all main story missions up to 10-3 with 3 stars and waiting for my girls to take the right turns to 3* clear 10-4 lol.

MoopleFoople
04-21-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm 3* cleared up to 9-4, been mostly getting manyu's for a while now though to improve the team.

I balance my teams to have close power and speed - as well as I keep one of each attack type in each group.

I only have 1 lvl 50, the rest are mostly 30's and a few mid-20's, so my teams aren't super-powerful or anything, but they generally aren't dying on me save for the Advanced daily stages, and even then, I still clear.

Faelnyr
04-21-2016, 04:20 PM
What do you focus to get Manyu's?

Tenhou
04-21-2016, 05:32 PM
If you want Manyus on your journey to level 40 i recommend doing 2-1.

2-1 gives a decent exp efficiency and it spawns the 12 stamina gardens which have the very same efficiency. I brought my girls power up somewhat great thanks to this. After 40 sometimes it becomes inefficient. The whole reason you want to do 2-1 is because it spawns a lot of gardens but still lets you level in a decent amount of time. After 40 it can take up to 6 hours if you run this, so it becomes inefficient.

But as said, up til 40 it is a grand way to get a TON of manyus and thus level all your girls.

And before anyone asks why not to run 1-3 or 4-3
1-3 has fewer chests and worse gold/seed efficiency and 4-3 costs double the stamina so you will only get half the amount of gardens that 2-1 can bring you.

MoopleFoople
04-21-2016, 06:00 PM
I have to admit though, I do get distracted and focus in on present farming whenever I have a girl hit around 75% affection, so by no means have I been the most efficient with my time. But hey, as long as you're having fun it doesn't much matter

MiqDoloran
04-21-2016, 08:13 PM
Well, affection bonus is pretty sweet.

Unregistered
04-21-2016, 09:25 PM
What do you focus to get Manyu's?

5-4 is the best for the 12 stam secret garden if you are interested in getting the most xp per stam so you can level faster. Also 1-3 has 3 chests just like 2-1.

Tenhou
04-22-2016, 06:01 AM
Hmm, i thought it had one less, oh well. That said, 5-4 will bring you a lot less gardens so it really depends on whether you need faster levels or more gardens. I used to make the gathering my line. Once that one more gather was available i had to level. When neither 5-4 or 2-1 can level you at once i recommend making that your goal as well, since it means wasting less gathers.

fluffs
04-22-2016, 01:00 PM
... Well, you get more manyus, but the higher ranked manyus give far more experience for the flower knights. For everything BUT leveling up your girls, the cheaper bonus stage should be farmed, but for leveling them, you want to farm a stage that will give you 50-stam or even 80-stam flower gardens.

Tenhou
04-22-2016, 01:50 PM
80 stamina garden yes, and once your girls are all above level 30. However, the 12 stam garden gives at least one lvl 20 manyu and IS stamina/exp efficient compared to the other two. So with the other two when you are lower level you will barely level at all and thus level your girls more slowly overall since you will need to wait so horridly long for stamina. The 2-1 + garden maps are also good enough at giving you a ton of gold while doing all this.

The 50 garden is a bloody trap, don't even consider it. Once you have a team that can take the 11th or 12th areas and your own levels are high, you can start focusing on the 80 stamina map which, while still not stam/exp efficient, actually gives you more bang for your buck compared to the 50 stamina trash map.

I have never claimed the 2-1 + 12 stamina garden to be a great thing above level 40, but before 40 they are bloody insane and grant you more gold per hour compared to even the gold dailies (per hour, not per stamina, remember that you are still leveling really fast below 40). This while also granting you a ton of manyus.