PDA

View Full Version : Technical Difficulties With Input and Performance

MalusCorvus
04-27-2016, 03:16 PM
Aka: LAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.

So, it's not an uncommon occurrence that, when playing, the input is rather... sluggish. Mouse clicks take seconds to process, if at all, or I need to hold down the button for a second or two instead of just clicking. Frequently this is combined with slowdown and drops in frame rate.

As you can imagine, this makes effective playing a problem. So, what are some tips to improve performance? Browser is Firefox, by the way.

Tenhou
04-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Browser is Firefox, by the way.

I have found your problem!

Aigis works best on Chrome and Opera. Furthermore in whatever browser you decide to use you need to disable hardware acceleration. Google how to do it for your own browser :P

switch
04-27-2016, 04:19 PM
mine runs worse in chrome then it does on firefox, with hardware off

lolix
04-27-2016, 04:49 PM
chrome works best for me as well

Sincronic
04-28-2016, 04:53 AM
I tried several browsers on pc and laptop and its like this for me (my default was Opera):

PC: win7
Opera > Chrome/Firefox > rest

PC: win10
Edge (sadly...) > rest
(Opera and Chrome will have 1 fps if there is like 5 units on screen)

Laptop: win7
Firefox/Chrome > IE
(don't have others)

However i never tampered with hardware acceleration, will check that for sure, thanks Tenhou :)

slyyr
04-28-2016, 11:55 PM
I find in Chrome the game runs slower than I see in videos (likely due to the age of my PC) but lag doesn't hit too often. Firefox it runs at proper speed but when lag hits it hits hard.

Chrome for me gives the more consistent game so I play there usually. Sometimes a map will decide to run at proper speed once then next time its back to being slower. In a way it gives me an advantage as reaction time isn't so frantic.

Arkinum
04-29-2016, 10:14 AM
With me, flash sometimes freaks out when the game first loads and causes some serous lag issues. Closing the browser and waiting half a min usually solves this problem for me.

Sometimes I have to kill a FireFox process in the task manager to clear it up too. (typically happens when the browser crashes)

MalusCorvus
05-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Well, I went and tried Chrome. ...It was a bit sluggish, but more consistently sluggish. Firefox will run MWA fine for a while but eventually slow down. Chrome is just slow from the get-go.

But, having learned of this new diabolical thing called "Hardware Acceleration" I went and disabled it, and MWA ran fine... at the cost of everything else I play on Chrome running slower.

...I'll have to do some more observations to figure out the long-term results.

Skulkraken
05-03-2016, 05:25 AM
You should consider Pale Moon as an alternative browser for Aigis. It performs like Firefox (it is forked from the Firefox codebase after all) but with less memory leak problems.

The sluggishness in Chrome to a large degree stems from the sound effects. Turn it off, and things should speed up alot.

slyyr
05-06-2016, 01:54 AM
Ohhh boy. Aigis has been lagging horribly on DMM in Chrome for me the last few days! Nearly half an hour for a single 3-4 min battle is way too much. Yet Nutaku is still working as usual.

Cleared cache and still no improvement. Going to try it in Firefox.

Update : Firefox was a bust. So I installed Opera. So far DMM is running well in Opera.

soranokira
05-06-2016, 03:16 AM
Ohhh boy. Aigis has been lagging horribly on DMM in Chrome for me the last few days! Nearly half an hour for a single 3-4 min battle is way too much. Yet Nutaku is still working as usual.

Cleared cache and still no improvement. Going to try it in Firefox.

Update : Firefox was a bust. So I installed Opera. So far DMM is running well in Opera.

need to disable hardware acceleration on chrome for aigis.

slyyr
05-06-2016, 06:14 AM
need to disable hardware acceleration on chrome for aigis.

Already had