PDA

View Full Version : Awakening Wishlists and Second Opinions

MalusCorvus
05-02-2016, 05:46 PM
So, haven't recently been able to beast some of the Awakening missions and scrounge up enough Demon Crystals for the required spirit (really regretting getting Saki a while back...), I've got a few options.

I can AW Katie right now, I've spent some time getting the required gold, units, and she's also the only one whose level and affection are both maxed AND I have the crystal for (Iris and Mehlis are also maxed in both categories, but I don't have AW crystals for them). I also intend to awaken Momiji, probably as soon as I can after Katie (she still needs leveling).

However, before I make such an important decision, I thought I'd ask the good people of the Harem Battle Club for opinions and advice - and perhaps to see who wants to awaken who.

Tenhou
05-02-2016, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't recommend making a samurai one of your first awakenings. Katie is a good choice, her passive will help a decent amount and her increased stats will make her even more of an all round tank that makes heavy armours for lower hitting enemies pointless. She's a solid choice that you will use most of the time.

If possible, i'd say go for an archer next like Spica. Archers, once awakened, will deal extra damage to flying units and Spica especially also grants other archers more damage. That said, out of your choices i'd go for Iris or Mehlis second. Iris on deployment heal can be rather nifty.

MalusCorvus
05-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Well, I do have Bashira's affection maxed, and I plan to get Rita up to Awakenable status soon. And I do have an Awakening crystal for archers, which tells me I can get another. I also want to AW Liana at some point, but due to the EXP curve it's going to be a damn long while before she's max level...

lolix
05-02-2016, 07:00 PM
pretty sure i said (not sure if it was in your thread , or someone else's...but whatever) that saki is a big dc dump and hardly worth it. Did the same mistake on my first acount. Didn't got her for my second. Hell , i'd argue that getting another spica for a 100% cr and another AW spirit is better then getting saki. Not sure why people prioritize her so much...

That being said , spica is generally a really good first AW because she increases the damage of all archers , and gains extra damage vs fliers , which lets her 1 shot DC dailies eyes easily.

After spica , i'd go with either general multipliers (like katie/aria/uzume/spica/bernice/etc) or general HAT units. Also , boosters (units that boost the drop rates like celia or monica) are also a good option IMO

switch
05-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Lol you listed spica as an awaken after spica ;)

Tenhou
05-02-2016, 08:10 PM
We put orbs in your orbs so you can awaken while you awaken~~

lolix
05-02-2016, 09:37 PM
first of all , why have 1 when you can have 2 ?

keep in mind that i said "like"....then i mentioned the most common multipliers

Ramazan
05-03-2016, 01:38 AM
Ppl who dont have a ranged unit from a melee slot should get saki no matter what. I see so many maps use these units nowadays. Just look at last event map, the guy used 2 ninjas iirc. And you said why have 1 instead of 2. Well why 2 same units while you can have different 2 which is more useful in most situations? I though they gave us viera for that but i figured out later how useless she is.

MalusCorvus
05-03-2016, 02:06 AM
pretty sure i said (not sure if it was in your thread , or someone else's...but whatever) that saki is a big dc dump and hardly worth it. Did the same mistake on my first acount. Didn't got her for my second. Hell , i'd argue that getting another spica for a 100% cr and another AW spirit is better then getting saki. Not sure why people prioritize her so much...

Well, what might have happened was that I saw someone wonder why they gave us Azami when Saki was in the Trading Post. I, foolishly, thus concluded than Saki was better than Azami, and since Azami was proving quite helpful... well, the rest is history. I suppose I could use her to try and level up Azami's skill, but I feel like that'd be a waste at this point...

switch
05-03-2016, 02:25 AM
if you have a look at the ninja saw's. which we wont get for a while lol but looks to me that saki's is worlds better then azami's. saki hits up to 3 targets that can be 3 insta kills plus with fast attack and extra range

ZeroZet
05-03-2016, 03:17 AM
I suppose I could use her to try and level up Azami's skill, but I feel like that'd be a waste at this point......Use Saki to level up Azami's skill? What a you, FarK?
Saki >>>....>>> Azami on all fronts, and, being black, well worth her cost in DC.

lolix
05-03-2016, 05:45 AM
Ppl who dont have a ranged unit from a melee slot should get saki no matter what. I see so many maps use these units nowadays. Just look at last event map, the guy used 2 ninjas iirc. And you said why have 1 instead of 2. Well why 2 same units while you can have different 2 which is more useful in most situations? I though they gave us viera for that but i figured out later how useless she is.

And i used none , and had very little troubles with the event. Literally the only event you REALLY need ranged on meele slots , were events that had maps like Lyn's event , that didn't allowed ranged units (therefore no healers as well) placed on map. And i've managed to 3star that one without a ninja either. For the rest , ninajs can be replaced

Ramazan
05-03-2016, 05:58 AM
Any unit can be replaced by anything, you just have a grudge against ninjas i dunno why. I had so many troubles at base scramble because i didnt have a ninja like video have, even 30lwl hayate did so much damage at the last boss with a full silver team, and my half plat team got rekt because of lack of the firepower where ranged slots are generally filled with healers and needed some dps support which ninjas can provide...

switch
05-03-2016, 06:02 AM
Minerva is my babe.. So much firepower for 1 ranged slot aha

lolix
05-03-2016, 06:32 AM
Any unit can be replaced by anything, you just have a grudge against ninjas i dunno why. I had so many troubles at base scramble because i didnt have a ninja like video have, even 30lwl hayate did so much damage at the last boss with a full silver team, and my half plat team got rekt because of lack of the firepower where ranged slots are generally filled with healers and needed some dps support which ninjas can provide...

I have no grudge against ninjas. I have 1 against saki in particular tho. She IS NOT a priority unit , but people keep wasting dcs on her. She is a pretty big dcs dump and should be purcesed only if you have extra

switch
05-03-2016, 06:36 AM
I brought here for giants n dwarfs then right after they add x spirit maps ehh could of used the 300 for a spica for cc and a awaken or 3 awakens aha

MalusCorvus
05-03-2016, 07:19 AM
...Use Saki to level up Azami's skill? What a you, FarK?
Saki >>>....>>> Azami on all fronts, and, being black, well worth her cost in DC.

Hey, I didn't say that's what I wanted to do. It's merely to demonstrate the regret I feel for using my DC on her instead of, I dunno, something I'd actually use. I'm evidently not the only one who feels that way:

I have no grudge against ninjas. I have 1 against saki in particular tho. She IS NOT a priority unit , but people keep wasting dcs on her. She is a pretty big dcs dump and should be purcesed only if you have extra

soranokira
05-03-2016, 07:24 AM
oh btw, I'm just gonna say that saki IS a priority unit for players who missed getting ranged melee units like charlotte, horus, azami and so on. ricardo is a subpar replacement.
also, feel free to AW whatever you want, just focus on those that you ACTUALLY use. no point AW'ing iris just to use fedora/camilla, for example. that is all. too much in this thread is turning me away.

Eab1990
05-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Saki shines with SAW, which at this rate we will get sometime never.

I don't see why purchasing her would be considered a waste, though. She has her uses (melee only map in Lynn's event, Dwarfs & Giants, any map with limited ranged slots, etc.), so she's not a complete benchwarmer. Obviously she's pushed down further the list because we actually have AW now, but to say that getting one of her is a waste is lol.

Akane and Cyrus would be bigger wastes of DCs.

lolix
05-03-2016, 07:48 AM
i didn't said she's a waste. I said that she's not a priority now (especially since we got AW) , because she costs a lot , and can be some sort of newbie trap (since she's a black , and most people don't get blacks unless they are willing to spend real money on them). I did the same mistake on 1 account , and got her , when i could have awaken 3 more units instead of getting a black that i used like.....4-5 times since i've gotten , even tho she's maxed.

Actually , i've gotten her more just to clear my inventory of black spirits , but in retrospect....i should have just expanded my baracks then

Eab1990
05-03-2016, 07:51 AM
i didn't said she's a waste. I said that she's not a priority now (especially since we got AW) , because she costs a lot , and can be some sort of newbie trap (since she's a black , and most people don't get blacks unless they are willing to spend real money on them). I did the same mistake on 1 account , and got her , when i could have awaken 3 more units instead of getting a black that i used like.....4-5 times since i've gotten , even tho she's maxed.

Actually , i've gotten her more just to clear my inventory of black spirits , but in retrospect....i should have just expanded my baracks then

zzzzzzzzzzzz

lolix
05-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Saki is a decent unit to have , and not a waste stat - wise. She is a waste dc wise , assuming you're not a whale. You're better of getting something else , or awakening priority stuff

switch
05-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Basically if you started in the last 2-3 months I wouldnt buy her anytime soon. Spica is better for your DC. And then awaken that babe

Eab1990
05-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Saki is a decent unit to have , and not a waste stat - wise. She is a waste dc wise , assuming you're not a whale. You're better of getting something else , or awakening priority stuff

That goes without saying.

But don't act like people are making the biggest mistake of their life by buying her.

lolix
05-03-2016, 10:20 AM
That goes without saying.

But don't act like people are making the biggest mistake of their life by buying her.

if that's what you understood from what i said , it's your problem. I didn't meant that , and if she would have been a total waste i would have said so , instead of saying that she's not a priority.

Generally if i say that something is not a priority , i don't mean to say that said unit is thrash. I mean just that : she's simply not a priority unit to aquire.