PDA

View Full Version : How to Spend Demon Crystals on a new account

Unregistered
05-09-2016, 07:38 PM
I wanted to (hopefully) start a discussion over how relatively new players ought to be spending their first 800-1000 DCs on a new account given the current game climate after seeing the disagreement in the current event thread. From what I read, most people's opinion on when to be buying what seem to be very close despite all the heated debate. The addition of X and G dailies I think may have changed things a fair degree also.

I can start by giving my own take. I started playing during the off week before General of a Ruined Land Event. Keep in mind this means Awakening has been a thing the entire time I've played. Given the amount of time it takes to get to the point of farming Crystal Keeper H, I didn't put as big a premium on saving for Spica first. Bashira from tutorial and perfect Shao was very easy for even a 3 week account to get, with Rita soon after and Spica not being necessary for H daily farm. My first 200 Crystals went to Awakens for Monica for more DCs (early Shrine roll luck) and then Katie. I actually would have put a higher premium on Iris over Katie but lacked the extra silver healers from being new, and now I'm obviously saving for Spica and awakening her.

Cyrus and Akane are seemingly not worth it early on, but Saki seems to have an important role on particular event maps. Where do you draw the line on spending crystals for Saki over awakening more units? I'm of the opinion (again, new player) that I will be getting Saki after finishing Spica and awakening Iris assuming I can get silver fodder from events. I just don't have many premium units that gain a lot from AW. Early SC has to go towards Barracks expansion so it will be a while before I start picking up any preponderance of units that gain a lot from Awakening (I'm thinking % increasers like Bernice, the higher rarity Healers, units that increase droprates, etc.) More awakened units will make Higher maps easier but I'd be pretty bummed if a near future event left me high and dry because no access to "ranged on melee" unit while I was just awakening all of my mediocre gold units. Can Maxed/Reduced Hayate available from story map fill her role? The addition of Viera seems weird to me as well. Players swear by her not being a Ninja replacement but then what was Nutaku's intention with giving everyone access to her? What niche do Sailors fill?

To summarize, I think Spica and awakening her should be any new player/account's first DC purchases given how important she is with new X and G Crystal Keeper. After that you will want more awakens but how many before someone like Saki? This changes if you are spending money for premium units from Shrine obviously but what would you be doing if you only had access to base units and fodder for first ~4 months?

Kamahari Akuma
05-09-2016, 07:41 PM
If anything when it comes to DC spending, focus on units for your HAT groups (usually Spica is in here so yeah). You can then get Saki once your main HAT group is made more or less in my opinion.

soranokira
05-09-2016, 07:45 PM
no, maxed reduced hayate usually doesn't cut it because his base attack is 160 at max level. I'd say go for saki after getting spica or AW spica, and maybe after AW'ing 3~4 units that you feel are useful. atm I have AW'd bernice, spica and katie, and my next AW is most likely saki due to AW fodder issues (no healer fodders). with nutaku's event pace, silvers are a highly limiting factor in AW.

Unregistered
05-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Idk if I'm missing that term from some sort of guide or FAQ or whatever, but what do you mean by HAT group? Could help for newer players.

I'd also like to amend that I''ll be awakening Bashira as well before getting Saki. Archers and Healers seem to be the most important core classes and having two of each awakened as early as possible seems to be a big boon for G maps. I would also awaken another premium healer if I had access from Events or Shrine.

soranokira
05-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Idk if I'm missing that term from some sort of guide or FAQ or whatever, but what do you mean by HAT group? Could help for newer players.

I'd also like to amend that I''ll be awakening Bashira as well before getting Saki. Archers and Healers seem to be the most important core classes and having two of each awakened as early as possible seems to be a big boon for G maps. I would also awaken another premium healer if I had access from Events or Shrine.

HAT core group = Healer-Archer-Tank
...no, dont AW bashira yet. it's a huge waste, you dont actually get all that much out of AW her as compared to AW spica and getting Saki.

lolix
05-09-2016, 09:14 PM
you probably saw my standing point on saki , so i'm not going to repeat myself. The point is : in the amount of time u will get 200 dcs for spica , then 100 for her awakening then at least anther 100 for iris as you planned , well it's going to take some time , assuming you area free player. Assuming you are willing to spend money on that , it's going to be a whole lot faster. Untill that time , if you're lucky , we might get a event that might include that sort of unit. If you're unlucky we might not. Regardless of the situation , the point is : just play the game and see how your team comes along. Rushing for saki is not something i'd recommand , but in the end it's your account , and you're the best 1 fit to decide on how to progress it further.

Asdf1
05-09-2016, 09:22 PM
maps that require "ranged on melee" to finish are far and between and usually doable with other units, that's the beauty in this game ,there are always alternative strategies.

EDIT: except for HAT units, you will always need those

ZeroZet
05-09-2016, 09:45 PM
On completely new account, that will not see good free archers and melee rangers for quite some time, Spica and Saki are godsend.
And, Awakened units are mostly not that needed just yet, outside of a Daily G runs. So I'll mirror the general ideao of the thread: Spica, AW Spica then Saki.
Of course, should your premium luck be extra generous with platinum (not blacks, they way too expensive to max-level) unit with good passive multipliers, slot in another AW fairy before Saki, but no more than one.

Unregistered
05-09-2016, 10:59 PM
Is Crystal Keeper G possible without two AW'd archers? My thinking is that the first units you should build towards are those that enable completion of the G Monday and Thursday dailies once your team can farm Base Scramble II so that you can get more DCs and Plat Armors. That's also why I made AW Monica priority when I got her from Shrine because the limiting factor for farmable resources on new accounts seems to be DCs by a lot. Is this not a reasonable goal or are the rates not enough of an improvement over H/X difficulty? I would want Saki for ranged light event maps after that of course. Also, being a Black unit, is she not a good enough upgrade over other potential "ranged on melee" event units we may get anyway lolix? Or does the potential for a perfect gold or plat outshine her?

lolix
05-09-2016, 11:11 PM
she is a black and has the stats to back that up. She's good at what she's supposed to do , if that's what you're asking. And she is a unit you will want to have eventually. The issues i have with her are not in regards to her stats

soranokira
05-09-2016, 11:34 PM
I personally feel there is no need to rush crystal keeper G since it's pretty tough and you really need more than just 2 AW archers for that map. also, nagi is the only potential ranged melee that we should get within the next couple of months, but even then having saki is good because nagi and saki fulfill slightly different roles (saki more for wave clear and nagi more for slightly armored units). and that's assuming you don't get fucked over by not having a ranged melee during the events up till nagi's event.

Unregistered
05-09-2016, 11:58 PM
At lolix, thank you for settling that with me, I think I understand your take now.

At Asdf, I agree that things are very flexible as I've found, but new maps can also be extremely varied. Looking at the 100/2 map from Rita event and one Sora posted in other thread makes me think that some sort of ranged on melee unit like a ninja would make things much easier. They may be few and far between, but if so few maps even at G level require multiple AW'd units then why would you not pick up a a good ninja first to ensure you can at least get completion rewards in the meanwhile? More rainbows and SCs from events is a good thing.

At sora, I say two AW archers for Crystal G because the best guide i could find did it with two Archers as only AW units. I'll link it so maybe you can tell me something I'm missing about the units used that made things easier than they would be for myself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opkyCVn3P0k The buff to dmg against flying units innate to archer AW is insane, enough that I can't even touch X with maxed archers and healers ready for AW. If your opinion is that having saki for events first and putting off Crystal G when you can still farm H in the meantime is better, then I can see that as well. It is a large step up in difficulty for sure. About the lack of silver healers, that's a big thing. If you only do map completion and tutorial, you only get 4 silver healers and iris, leaving you 1 short of getting 3 CCed Healers which are very much necessary to complete the story maps and farm a lot of harder maps. If I hadn't been lucky enough to pick up an extra silver from Shrine, I'd still be farming Fiery Oasis instead of Base Scramble II and unable to do half the EX orb dailies.

Thank you again for the input everyone.

soranokira
05-10-2016, 12:12 AM
well at the very least I can say that it's not going to be viable for us at nutaku aigis to clear G easy with units like in that video. that AW claire can one shot gazers during skill, and there is no replacement for her aside from maybe a 2nd spica. and we're still going to need a feng shui user and sandra, both event units but i dont think we'll get them soon. bashira and nanaly don't have that up time. although then again there's is a possibility that AW nanaly might manage with enough levels (AW99?), but I wouldnt really count on it myself and I can live with farming H and X maps.

kayfabe
05-10-2016, 12:14 AM
Personally, Spica, Bernice and Katie were my priority targets for Awakening. I did this because the big advantage strong healers have over weak ones is space and UP efficiency. As long as those two things aren't a critical issue you can just throw in extra lesser healers until the attrition is no longer a problem. By contrast multiple weak tanks can't really handle super heavy swings the same way 1 strong tank can. It doesn't matter how many friends you have if you're facing down X incoming damage but only have X-1 max effective health--as a wise man once said, people die if they are killed. With that said, Awakening a healer is still useful since obviously there's going to be times where space and points is at a premium or funneling all the damage onto your AW tanks is impractical if not impossible. Besides, as ZeroZet said, we're still early enough in the game where the relative advantages of who you awaken first are mostly academic.

Unregistered
05-10-2016, 12:51 AM
At Kayfabe, that was my reasoning for AW Katie, being I have no gold+ Heavys. As my off tank and most universally used unit, and a percent boost to team to boot, I figured I'd get most use out of her. Monica was just more DCs = faster future AW, though I do use her a bit since she's available. The problem with just add more lesser healers are the general lack of healers. I realize Christopher was farmable during General event but my 3 week account couldn't do the X map to farm it, hopefully another opportunity soon.

At sora, so the 2nd archer he uses is not available to us, and has a high uptime skill that lets it clear much easier, that's rough news. on the feng shui front, is it so much better than another quality healer so as to be a sizeable upgrade? For the fencer front, he has so much extra UP and slots left at the end that I assumed some mages could clear that death ball at the end of the map. I'm willing to take your experience though and just grab Saki before AW my Bashira if that won't be enough with AW Spica to clear this map.

The X video guide by the same user also uses that feng shui user to clear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9bGzLI7Y0o Will I not be able to simply sub in my maxed Iris and expect similar results once i have AW Spica? If not then why? I may be misunderstanding something about how feng shui users work in general. To my understanding it is just a weaker heal that heals two units at a time (relatively minor, similar to the differences between an archer and VH for example).

ZeroZet
05-10-2016, 01:26 AM
Feng Shuists also passively reduce effects of a poison, so, for X/G maps, their presence is a great boon, even discounting their ability to maintain more units and so not having to alternate targets.

And, eyeballs have MR, so you really don't want to field magi against them. Artillerists would be far better choice.

switch
05-10-2016, 02:16 AM
You should be able to do x crystal map without a feng shui user. But you will need a awakened spica and 2 very good healers atleast..

slyyr
05-10-2016, 04:45 AM
I started this account in February. I bought Cyrus first as I had a gaping hole in my mage stocks. I am still relying on Cyrus and Valerie now so it was a good investment. If you have a hole and DC spending can fill it I think its worth it as a free player as there are no guarantees you will get anything better soon. Chances to get anything better are rare at best unless you spend some money.

Next I bought Spica. I currently have her at 50CC70 at +1 skill and she is well worth it, even if you have other archers like Shao. I want to make Spica a perfect awakened unit so I will likely go for an Awakening Fairy or two next, then another Spica for that guaranteed -1CR.

Saki isn't even on my radar as I got lucky early on and pulled Hina.

A big hurdle to Awakening I'm finding is beating the EX maps that drop the orbs. As a free player that 90 charisma hit for losing stings as I can't grind out on them. Plus the archer map being on Gold/platy farm day makes me very reluctant to waste resources I should use on that.

That said I do have a Heavy Armour orb (or whatever they are called) so I can do Bernice if I ever get the silver/gold unit resources. Where Spica I almost have enough gold/silver resources but the 2 orbs are so far away as I'm nowhere near close to beating the map to get them - long story short I lack the second tank needed to do it.

A lot relies on how your army is developed, what units you were lucky enough to get and where your strengths and weaknesses like in beating the awakening orb maps. Plus you can get helped or screwed when farming silver units. So many random factors!

Tenhou
05-10-2016, 05:46 AM
Well Spica is definitely one of the better units you can get. Most other archers only get a measly "will target X type of unit as priority after range" passive which is largely ignoreable. Spica actually gets more damage to all archers and has great damage as well.

As for the question of when to Saki, that totally depends on your own team and your DC and what AW fodders you have available. If you haven't even started leveling the fodders yet, then what point is there to wait to awaken things instead of getting Saki? On the other hand if you have some core units or very very special units around that are maxed and you can awaken rather soon then Saki will be taking a lower priority.

Asdf1
05-10-2016, 07:31 AM
@unregistered user
if you feel that saki will be critical in getting that completion reward then by all means get her :) Saki has her merits. I am not about to argue on that. I would have to agree with Tenhou on his stand on when to get Saki. I, for one wouldn't rush to get her but I am not a completely F2P player so my views might be a little skewed. Do what you feel is best for your team :D

soranokira
05-10-2016, 07:58 AM
what tenhou said was basically why I said to get saki:

http://harem-battle.club/millennium-war-aigis/1419-princess-bandits-capital-evil-spirits-guide-12.html#post28226

I might as well point out that with the current shitty silver drop rates nutaku has atm and the slow pace of events, you'd get extra DCs to buy both spica and saki instead of AW'ing every core unit you are able to. with events as slow as it is, you're better off getting a ranged melee to cover more grounds and letting yourself be better prepared for future events. especially when AW units are NOT a necessity to clearing most of the events, simply making them easier.

Eab1990
05-10-2016, 08:18 AM
There's really not much up for debate. I just like to bully lolix on his bad opinions. :P

No need to repeat the arguments for Spica and whatnot, though I will say that AW Bashira isn't as bad as people make out to be. Targeting ranged units first can be a lifesaver in protecting your own ranged units, assuming you didn't have a melee blocker to spare and redirect their attacks. Victoria's AW ability of prioritizing magic definitely seems niche though, since she would still ignore the more dangerous enemies like black goblin archers.

I'm not sure what the point of Viera is either. At least Cypria's super niche role of cheesing early black armors or mummies in story maps makes sense, and Iris' usefulness needs no explanation. But Viera, from what I hear, is a worse Marie, who's already a niche unit and needs AW to be semi-useful. But the point stands that sailors are not ninja replacements. Their actual ranged ability is on a timer and their DPS is different. They're more akin to reverse-angels, except they can't even lightning rod all that well and are subpar duelists in comparison to the likes of Rika, so...

lolix
05-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Your notion of bullying relies getting stuck on 1 bad word , and ignore the rest of the post even tho it was a very valid argumentation that most people generally agreed on.

But i'm tired of this , and i'll just let you stroke your ego

Unregistered
05-10-2016, 02:14 PM
At ZeroZet, I did not know that about Feng Shuists. That seems pretty big with the increased power of the drain on X and G maps. I think two AW archers are required for Crystal G but now I'm not so sure two non-AW healers would be able to keep up without Feng Shui. AW Iris will need 4 silver healers anyway, but I'm sure they will be farmable from an event soon enough. I'll just have to reevaluate what I need more in about 350 crystals when I have my AW Spica and have the option buy another spirit or save for Saki depending on what we get from events until then.

At sylrr, I like your adaptation. The best thing you can do is understand the merits of every unit and make the best choice given your circumstances from Shrine. I'm just having a little trouble on the understanding the units part myself. About the Archer EX map, do you not have Leeanne and Bernard available? I have multiple Leeanne from map completion and one Bernard but it's possible he came from Shrine early on and I didn't realize. I see you mentioned Bernice also so I'm not sure how you lack a second tank. Here's the guide I used, base units. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CiEjozeUzU A lot are reduced and prob max aff as well but the deployments weren't so tight that I couldn't just adapt to the units I did have.

At lolix, again this is why I started this thread. Despite the flare, we all seemed very close in our estimations but one word choice seemed to set things off.

Buster Wolf
05-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Because of how we go event -> break -> repeat freemium players will quickly run out of silvers for awakening material (I'm on this boat now ;_; ). It's always nice to have more units for more variety and free players only have the choice of Ricardo (who's not too good) and Saki for ranged melee units unless you spent crystals or were lucky to get Sabinne or Hina from 2K gatcha (you can get plats from this, it's how I got Lyla).

Personally I wouldn't worry about trying Crystal Keeper G unless you have 2 Artillery Officers (Percis, Zola) for the last wave of eyes since it will be a long while before we get Swordmaster Sandra.

slyyr
05-10-2016, 07:43 PM
At sylrr, I like your adaptation. The best thing you can do is understand the merits of every unit and make the best choice given your circumstances from Shrine. I'm just having a little trouble on the understanding the units part myself. About the Archer EX map, do you not have Leeanne and Bernard available? I have multiple Leeanne from map completion and one Bernard but it's possible he came from Shrine early on and I didn't realize. I see you mentioned Bernice also so I'm not sure how you lack a second tank. Here's the guide I used, base units. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CiEjozeUzU A lot are reduced and prob max aff as well but the deployments weren't so tight that I couldn't just adapt to the units I did have.

I have Bernice at 50CC60 and Leeann at 50. I am waiting on picking up another HA to CC Leeanne. As is she doesn't cut it on that map. Its a case of not getting certain units and getting others instead so I have to improvise. I run 2 Princesses in my main team (Themis L60 and Claudia L70) but sometimes another HA is better.

I have had good luck in other ways though. I have Julian, Adele, Elizabeth and Sophia. I guess I could try Sophia as that second tank but her very short lifespan for stopping stuff makes me a bit iffy about it.

Ramazan
05-11-2016, 03:59 PM
I personally feel there is no need to rush crystal keeper G since it's pretty tough and you really need more than just 2 AW archers for that map. also, nagi is the only potential ranged melee that we should get within the next couple of months, but even then having saki is good because nagi and saki fulfill slightly different roles (saki more for wave clear and nagi more for slightly armored units). and that's assuming you don't get fucked over by not having a ranged melee during the events up till nagi's event.

Wait, what u mean by last sentence?

lolix
05-11-2016, 05:25 PM
he means that he believes that untill nagi's event it's a high probability of getting fucked by not having a ranged on melee. That much is obvious. To be honest , untill this day (started playing during odettes event) , there were like....3 events that actually required a ninja ,to be made easier , and those were : solano's , lynn and pretty much this one for the 100/2 , and i would argue that i've 3starred lynn's(which had a map with literally no ranged slot) and got a perfect unit in solano's without having a need of saki. And during lynn's we didn't even had another ranged melee option other then saki , because as i remember it , the 2 fencers events came after hers

Ramazan
05-12-2016, 02:23 PM
So, should i level viera then as i have no ninja or something in my team? I'll get saki soon though but not less than 3-4 weeks. I'll level viera on my alt anyway so im asking for my main.

switch
05-12-2016, 03:41 PM
From the general look. No you probably shouldn't lvl vierva she isn't a replacement for a ninja. And I doubt we will have an event in the next month that you will need a ninja to 100% do

lolix
05-12-2016, 04:49 PM
pretty much what switch said. Doubt (i mean it is possible , but dunno... There weren't really that many untill now that needed specifically a ninja to pass on) we will have a event that will REALLY really need a ninja. And if it will require 1 , it's probably going to be for the extra G map like our current event has. not 3 starring a map is not that big of a deal. Also , i'm guessing that our next event (or if not the next 1 , the one after) will be a star event. If that's the case , and u do need a ranged melee in it, you can just level her up during the first week , and finish the event during your second.

switch
05-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Yeah any fairy g map doesn't need to be 3 stared long as you get the drops just leave it. Not really worth the 1sc unless you can do it in 2-3 runs max

Kamahari Akuma
05-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Speaking of the validity of an unit; Is Niel worth using, or am I gonna try and bank on either A. Erun and/or Chloe being given to us in the near future or B. Keep hoping those premium rolls hits home and drops the angel to end all angels Sophie?

switch
05-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Isnt Niels only roll to feed to your Sophie to save a few rainbows lolol

Kamahari Akuma
05-12-2016, 11:45 PM
Isnt Niels only roll to feed to your Sophie to save a few rainbows lolol

Assuming your luck is good enough to have her. If it then yes, throw the skill fodder at Sophie. If no, does Niel actually have use? Would be a shame if she's just another Lauren.

lolix
05-12-2016, 11:52 PM
angels have naturally high stats and are great lightning rods. Look at Niel's stats and compare with a duelist with the same cost. He outclasses kerry (assuming max lvl , cc-ed , without including awakening) which is a gold valk , for example in hp (around 100 more) , attack (before kerry's skill) by around 150-200 damage actually , and defense (almost 60 more) , and has equal MR , while also having the ability to block and attack multiple units. Obviously , they fit different roles , but that was an example just to show off it's stats

That makes her a pretty good unit , and can have its uses even on its own

soranokira
05-13-2016, 12:40 AM
Speaking of the validity of an unit; Is Niel worth using, or am I gonna try and bank on either A. Erun and/or Chloe being given to us in the near future or B. Keep hoping those premium rolls hits home and drops the angel to end all angels Sophie?

worth using until replaced by eln/chloe.

kayfabe
05-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Niel would be a lot more interesting with the DMM balance patch that doubles her MR. For now I think she's a bit niche.

Jay Rich
05-22-2016, 06:22 AM
This thread helps a lot, being a new player I now have enough DM Crystals for either Saki or Spica and wasn't sure who to get first. Looks like I will be getting Spica but having not awakened any units yet and not having the materials to do so I think I will get Saki before getting and awakening fairies.

Seen Spica in a lot of guide videos too so she seems like the better choice, wouldn't want to miss her if they changed which units were up for grabs.

King Dong
05-22-2016, 07:03 AM
This thread helps a lot, being a new player I now have enough DM Crystals for either Saki or Spica and wasn't sure who to get first. Looks like I will be getting Spica but having not awakened any units yet and not having the materials to do so I think I will get Saki before getting and awakening fairies.

Seen Spica in a lot of guide videos too so she seems like the better choice, wouldn't want to miss her if they changed which units were up for grabs.

If you elect to get a second unit from the trading post before AWing any units it might actually be better to get a second Spica for CR/SU over Saki. Something worth thinking about.

As a fellow newcomer to MWA my DC plan would be something like...

200 Spica > 200 Spica > up to 300 AW Spirits > 300 Saki OR 200 Spica > up to 300 AW Spirits > 200 Spica >300 Saki

With an AW priority order of roughly..

Spica > Katie > Iris > ect.

But hey to each his own.

switch
05-22-2016, 07:14 AM
a second spica isnt needed its just pushing back 2 awakens. the 1 cr isnt really gonna matter at this point n time. as for the skill up wait for a event with laurens. its better the just save the 200dc then to use on a second spica untill after you have most of core awakened

King Dong
05-22-2016, 08:04 AM
a second spica isnt needed its just pushing back 2 awakens. the 1 cr isnt really gonna matter at this point n time. as for the skill up wait for a event with laurens. its better the just save the 200dc then to use on a second spica untill after you have most of core awakened

Meh...MAYBE you have a point, but, but, but...NOPE you definitely have a point. :(

soranokira
05-22-2016, 08:11 AM

if you don't have the silvers for AW, a CR spica is very very helpful considering the sheer no. of times you'd use her.

switch
05-22-2016, 08:12 AM
second spicas and sakis are only worth when you have legit nothing better to do with crystals

King Dong
05-22-2016, 08:14 AM
I truly enjoy these discussions, everyone's input is valued. :D

Tenhou
05-22-2016, 08:18 AM
second spicas and sakis are only worth when you have legit nothing better to do with crystals

I actually agree with this. So far i have never felt the need to CR Spica and i don't get why people fuss over it so much. She already costs 1 less than a standard plat archer to begin with and deals a lot more than a silver so getting her out a tad later seldom matters.

switch
05-22-2016, 08:21 AM
i would think if you dont have the archers to awaken spica. simply awaken something else if you can. eg katie or something you have that worth the awaken

King Dong
05-22-2016, 08:26 AM
Well, I guess the default recommendation is Spica > some AWs > Saki if you need > more AWs > If you have a DC surplus CR Spica. OK, I can get behind that plan too.

soranokira
05-22-2016, 08:27 AM
I actually agree with this. So far i have never felt the need to CR Spica and i don't get why people fuss over it so much. She already costs 1 less than a standard plat archer to begin with and deals a lot more than a silver so getting her out a tad later seldom matters.

because it makes AW orb maps easier since they're tight with UP in the first place. that 1 UP = 1s of zoning out before placing down your next unit.

Jay Rich
05-22-2016, 08:27 AM
Indeed a lot of good points here but for starters it would seem Spica is indeed the first one I must get. Will follow up with Saki once I get enough again and then plan on from there.

King Dong
05-22-2016, 08:34 AM
Well, I don't have enough DC's for this to matter yet anyways. I mean I have the 200 EXACTLY on one account but that means I have some time to decide. The second account has less than 100 (98) since it was started later and I used 5 SC on Thursday's Daily (to hit 50 SC spent for stamp card) on the first account.

switch
05-22-2016, 08:42 AM
If you have 200 DC and 3 silver archers get spica aha.. also check story mission rewards if you are sort one Archer there might be a mission drop that you haven't got yet :)

King Dong
05-22-2016, 08:56 AM
If you have 200 DC and 3 silver archers get spica aha.. also check story mission rewards if you are sort one Archer there might be a mission drop that you haven't got yet :)

As a f2p player you get Bashira, 3 Somas, and 3 Danielas. Bashira takes 3 to CC, and Soma/Daneila 1 more. That leaves a f2p player like myself with 1 Archer. In the case of the account with 200 DCs I leveled the left over one to 35 early on which make me feel less inclined to use her as CC fodder since she would make for AW fodder if I was to fodder her at all. With that said I did get 3 Laurens on that account, but I used one on Marr's CC. So, that leaves me either waiting for a silver archer event, or a silver archer from free 2k summons/SP summons, OR I use the level 35 Daniela. Currently I haven't decided, and since I have a CCed Bashira and Soma for now I was just delaying the decision.

Advice welcome as always. :D

switch
05-22-2016, 09:00 AM
Hmmm idk man maybe wait till event aha cause I would use the Laurens as skill up fodder for spica :)

King Dong
05-22-2016, 09:10 AM
You see if the event is the Fran one (seems likely) then the archer drop is Daniela and it would be better to use her to CC, Laurens to SU, and eventually a second Spica for the CR. So I'm ok with waiting a bit unless I really end up needing her.

switch
05-22-2016, 09:12 AM
You will find out tomorrow aha

King Dong
05-22-2016, 09:14 AM
I would wait longer (a week or two) if I had to. Gonna be tied up playing tons of Overwatch anyways. ;)

Heck I would prefer no event this week. If they wait until the week after it would be better for my Overwatch addiction.

Jay Rich
05-26-2016, 05:53 AM
Managed to save enough DC to buy both Saki and Spica. Glad I have both units now but will most likely lvl Spica first. It will be awhile before I awaken any of my units so I might as well save up for a second Spica to CR her.

But that might change by the time I save up 200 more DC's, might consider awakening one of my units by then. Already have Katie, Bashira and Cloris at the lvl to awaken with Iris not to far behind just need to max he level, just don't have the spirit or orbs yet, that and I am in no need to awaken one of them yet.

switch
05-26-2016, 05:59 AM
Can now 3star G map. Didn't even need Zola ehh wasted my time lvling her

Jay Rich
05-26-2016, 06:02 AM
Can now 3star G map. Didn't even need Zola ehh wasted my time lvling her

She may have her uses outside the G map, what team did you use?

switch
05-26-2016, 06:12 AM
nothing a new player can replicate aha i used minerva,anelia,marr,bashira,spica and mikoto to stop the final wave but i dont actually think she is needed

Jay Rich
05-26-2016, 07:01 AM
nothing a new player can replicate aha i used minerva,anelia,marr,bashira,spica and mikoto to stop the final wave but i dont actually think she is needed

Haha was just curious ;)

kayfabe
05-26-2016, 05:45 PM
She may have her uses outside the G map

Zola is fairly mediocre but that's OK for a gold unit on Nutaku given that we don't really have that many other great AoE units yet. You don't have to burn through a bunch of silver fodder to CC her and her damage output is roughly on par with the platinum mages versus unarmored targets or during her skill duration (albeit over a smaller area). I have her and I'm not terribly excited about it but hey, it's not like Barby and Cyrus are lighting the world on fire either.

ZeroZet
05-27-2016, 02:20 AM
Zola is fairly mediocre <...>
her damage output is roughly on par with the platinum mages versus unarmored targets or during her skill duration (albeit over a smaller area). Oh, so platinum mages are fairly mediocre too then?)
Then again, how many platinum mages a new player will have?

switch
05-27-2016, 02:27 AM
I have most plats and I don't aha. Tho I have Marius he's pretty much a mage aha

kayfabe
05-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Oh, so platinum mages are fairly mediocre too then?

Not exactly. Mages don't require their skill to be online to start ignoring armor and they have a bigger splash zone. Those are considerable advantages given that "dealing damage on par with Platinum mages" is a compliment when we're talking about murdering armored hordes and an insult when discussing single target dps.

Pharaoh of Sand
05-31-2016, 10:27 PM
Would spending DC on multiple of one character, say Spica, be useful compared to getting more awakening spirits and other characters? I hopped on DMM version a little while ago after a long time of not playing on it, and Spica wasn't in the Trading Post, so; I don't know how much time we have until Fairy Queen comes back and Spica is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Would spending DC on multiple of one character, say Spica, be useful compared to getting more awakening spirits and other characters? I hopped on DMM version a little while ago after a long time of not playing on it, and Spica wasn't in the Trading Post, so; I don't know how much time we have until Fairy Queen comes back and Spica is gone.

BTW, I have Nanaly as well just to throw that out there in case it isn't as important [If I needed the crystals to focus more on awakening than stacking Spicas]

lolix
05-31-2016, 10:40 PM
spica is important evne with nanaly. Just having an awakened spica in the team , makes nanaly hit 28% harder during her skill for each voley. It literally gives nanaly 1 more shot. Spica is probably the number 1 priority unit in the game to aquire since archers are so general use , and she buffs them. She also has a good skill , and starts at 1 up lower cost then other plat archers.

Davion
06-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Hey, i have a question - what's the hp of flying eyes on X mission?

switch
06-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Um some where between 480 and 750 aha.. I think 600 but don't quote me on that, they also have 150 def and crazy high mr.. from memory you need a AW lvl 70 spica to 1 shot them. So what ever damage that is. That's with savior buff

Davion
06-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Well, i have aisha (just need awaken for extra range) so if it's 600 it would be doable for me (without aw spica/archers) :)

Asdf1
06-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Well, i have aisha (just need awaken for extra range) so if it's 600 it would be doable for me (without aw spica/archers) :)

I always thought range was the problem even when Aisha is AW she will get peppered and die from the eyes at the x map her skill only last for so long. Please let me know the outcome if you do decide to try it haven't really tested it myself as that's a huge waste of stamina if it fails

Davion
06-02-2016, 05:25 AM
If she attacks fast enough (210 aw range, versus 180 of flying eyes) this would be doable in terms of basic attack damage. Need 3 more plats, before i can aw and check.

Asdf1
06-02-2016, 07:10 AM
If she attacks fast enough (210 aw range, versus 180 of flying eyes) this would be doable in terms of basic attack damage. Need 3 more plats, before i can aw and check.

Tried it with an lv 50 AW Aisha 5/5 skill, she got peppered and died on the last waive perhaps doable with really high level AW healer

switch
06-02-2016, 07:28 AM
put down a unit with mr infront of aisha in melee slot to soak damage

Asdf1
06-02-2016, 07:39 AM
put down a unit with mr infront of aisha in melee slot to soak damage

Makes sense hopefully my healer can keep up, will later tonight after stam regen

Nero010
06-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Makes sense hopefully my healer can keep up, will later tonight after stam regen

How did it work?

Asdf1
06-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Not too well. I ended up using two Aisha's (I don't have Spica) and replacing MR damage sponges before they died, quite annoying to be honest but I did get 3 stars. It is possible with 1 Aisha but would need higher level healer, Aisha and multiple MR sponges.

Nero010
06-11-2016, 11:02 AM
So the "traditional" archer way would still be less stressfull. I cant think about doing the map yet anways though but gathering informations is always good.

Asdf1
06-11-2016, 11:46 AM
For now yes, however, once skill awakening comes Aisha just clears the entire map easy. My next goal is clearing G but I wouldn't touch that without AW my other units first

switch
06-11-2016, 12:07 PM
I wonder just how many people can clear demon G atm

Unregistered
06-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Haven't tried it yet all the video's I've seen show people using high rarity and level units which I just can't match up with. Also X is much easier just needing 2 archers, 2 healers & Prince. (I usually drop a Magic Tank near the end for safety but probably not needed.)

Asdf1
06-11-2016, 01:13 PM
I wonder just how many people can clear demon G atm

I'm assuming not a lot- players lucky or rich enough to draw nanaly or minerva that have been playing a while probably cleared it

NotThatGuy
06-11-2016, 03:29 PM
I've been able to 3* G. Aisha (awakened level 43, benefiting from Uzume's awakened buff and Big Hero prince buff) was able to work fine for most of the map when paired with Spica (awakened and able to 1 shot eyes once skill was active), till close to the end, where I replaced Spica with an awakened Zola. Other units used were an awakened Saki, another awakened archer who could 2 shot the eyes (I used Nanaly, but it just needed to be someone who dealt enough damage to finish off the already weakened eyes), and at the end a magic tank to act as lightening rod (I used Sybilla, but I suspect others would work). For healers I used Marr and Iris (both awakened), so Marr may have contributed to the healing being enough.

Still, it does seem that at present players need at least one high rarity unit to 3*, or possibly to have awakened and nearly max leveled two Spica (possible, but unlikely) while still having also obtained at least one mid rarity unit (Uzume). Hopefully they will patch things soon so awakened archers get the full +30% damage vs fliers, making the mission a bit more accessible.

switch
06-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Think it may actually just be me and not that guy. That I've heard can clear it. Marr is a must for G mine can solo heal after awaken. Not sure why you need iris as well. I'm lucky enough to have Minerva and anelia so that makes things very easy if I had uzume it would be a walk in the park.

Jay Rich
06-11-2016, 08:04 PM
I can't even clear X at this stage so I must be a fair way off clearing G. I don't have a single awakened unit, I am hoping that will change soon. Still H get me by just fine with DC drops.

switch
06-11-2016, 08:09 PM
What lvl are you?

Jay Rich
06-11-2016, 10:24 PM
What lvl are you?

Just reached 124 this morning.

----------------edit--------------

Reason I haven't given it a proper go is most guides I see use an awakened Spica, I do have a 50CC70 Spica but don't have any units awakened yet. plus I am getting along just fine with the H mission don't feel the need to do X especially is I can't do it without an awakened Spica.

Nero010
06-12-2016, 05:08 PM
I can't even clear X at this stage so I must be a fair way off clearing G. I don't have a single awakened unit, I am hoping that will change soon. Still H get me by just fine with DC drops.

Same and im 134. The Problem is that my Spica is waiting to be cced, i dont even have silver archers i want to spend on that.

switch
06-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Just remember guys just under 12 hours till golden armor daily so you will wanna have stamina and charisma from now if you wanna have max for just after day reset

Nero010
06-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Yeah, good hint, gonna do that.

Jay Rich
06-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Just remember guys just under 12 hours till golden armor daily so you will wanna have stamina and charisma from now if you wanna have max for just after day reset

Always do :D

This is the daily I always try to have max stamina and charisma for, I need my gold fix.

switch
06-12-2016, 10:58 PM
That and demon crystals are the ones you should always have max right after the start for the most runs

Nero010
06-13-2016, 12:27 PM
I was so stupid to fail my first Attempt today (X map) trying something new. But at least i got a plat armour pretty quick today. If i can get just one per monday im happy.

switch
06-13-2016, 02:34 PM
X only adds base gold everything else is the same as H

King Dong
06-13-2016, 03:24 PM
X only adds base gold everything else is the same as H

And it cost -20 char. (in other words each run cost 20 more charisma then you earn in the same time frame it takes to get enough stam for the mission)

Personally I don't actually know if it make more sense to fit as many X runs as you can, and spend the extra stam somewhere else, OR if you should just do H and just X only when you have extra char...?

EXAMPLE

If you store 12+ stam and 320+ Char for the reset, and then instantly do 4 X runs, the rest of your day (24 hrs) nets you enough stam for 8 more X runs (24), but only enough Char for 6 more X runs (480). That is 6 extra Stam plus what ever amount over 12 you started the day with. This means you get to run X 10 times, OR...

On the other hand you can start with 4 H runs the rest of your day (24 hrs) nets you enough Stam for 8 more H runs, and in this case you can do them all. (12 total H runs)

So, which is better 10 X runs (and 6 spare Stam), or 12 H runs (and spare char a lot of spare char)?

According to the "Avg. Gold per Run" from the wiki you get 369,600 for doing 10 X runs and 317,520 for doing 12 H runs, BUT you get 2 more tries at Plat armor for doing H over X.

Thoughts?

EDIT: OK, ignore the 12 H Idea. It seems that if you save 12+ stam and 320+ Char for the reset, and then instantly do 4 X runs, BUT then you do 8 H runs you get 359,520 gold and still get to do 12 runs.

So which is better 10 X or 4 X + 8 H? I would think 10k gold ISN'T worth giving up 2 more tries at Plat Armors, but maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts?

Nero010
06-13-2016, 06:26 PM
Asking the wiki X Map gives a chance between 16~20% to get an Plat Armor. Anyways i just run the X Map until my Stamina catched up too much in comparision to my Charisma and from there on do H (usualy 2 times or so).

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 07:03 PM
Getting the extra gold from X is great but I still want be maximizing my runs and chances at plat armors. So i use the extra charisma saved up to do 4 X runs at reset then run H with all my natural regeneration, because as you said it breaks even. The amount of additional X runs you can get over H changes depending on your prince level, which determines how much of each resource you can have saved up. Also be aware when maintenance is happening to get runs in beforehand on Monday.

Nero010
06-13-2016, 10:52 PM
The cute thing is that during (thanks to) the break i did level my units all up so that my gold units need 1 plat armor to get max lvl (cced) and my plats 2 plat armors to max level. So everytime i get a plat armor i grin cause i know one of my units is gonna get maxed now. Im closing in on having my team max lvled and soon can only get new units or do awakening. Feels good.

switch
06-13-2016, 11:15 PM
Nero X plat armors are 16% not 16%-21% wiki is lying. And dong you only really do X when you have the stamina I would rather the armors over the extra gold