PDA

View Full Version : Edelweiss' Ult and some Q's

Ammo
05-19-2016, 07:25 AM
Edelweiss' battle skill seems to hit wealthy flies twice if I'm not seeing things. Haven't seen a seed bearer to check it out since I've gotten her.

Q1) Speaking of seed bearers, is there a special way you want to kill them, or just splat them as quickly as you can?

Q2) No matter my personal experiences, those arrows are random right?

Q3) I'm saving up for my first 50 roll. I wanted new girls fast and also wanted Camellia, so I used 5 every time I got em which was stupid but netted me a Cattleya which was nice. I'm not interested on the girls in priority right now, so should I just save em up?

Q4) Should I use those level 5 manyus on lower level girls or dump them with the level 20s on the girls I'm currently trying to evolve?

Q5) Was Lavender the only other event girl I missed?

Q6) Anything you wish you would have known when you started out and found out the hard way?

Special thanks to Ancarius for lending me his ally to 3 medal the last Edelweiss mission. I started the mission with 4 minutes till completion and it was the last of my stamina. Orchid was the last survivor against the boss and would die in 1 more attack, but her skill procc'd and killed it. Was pretty epic! Then they added 8 more hours which took away some epicness but I was still happy. Thank you too Skulkraken. I didn't know you were on here so thanks for the help as well. My squad is still way too weak for the Ultimate stage this go around so I'm guessing just keep farming and run the advanced once or so a day and hope I get lucky.

Anyway, nice to meet you guys and I look forward to playing some more of this maddeningly addictive rng kawaii girl pokemon game in the future.

Ancarius
05-19-2016, 08:18 AM
1. As with all Raid Bosses, hit them as soft as you can and as often as you can. Since a single atack counts towards the daily, even though it says "defeat". The reason for the soft attacks bein that the participation reward is the same no matter how much dmg you dealt and the kill reward gets handed out to everyone that participated, not just the killer.

2. Totally RNG

3. Save them until you feel comfortable using them. You could also upgrade your storage capactiy for the girls, if you want to hoard manyuu's and dragons for an event girl, like some people did for Lavender/Edelweiss. I did spend money in the beginning for 2 extra 11 Rolls, but that is not needed. 3* Stars can go a long way, with equipment and high skill level.

4. I don't really use them on lvl 40+ girls since they are a waste of money for the exp they give. I sometimes use them to edge out a level with a high one or use them on frshly evolved ones, since they are back at 1.

5. Yes Lavender was the first Event girl, she might come back in a revival gacha of sorts in the future. Some other Nutaku games did that.

6. Push to Chapter 11 onwards as soon as you can and not spending your time trying to 3 Medal every Dragon Mission you don't need and every mission before Chapter 11. :S

PS: Glad i could help. :)

Lied
05-19-2016, 08:19 AM
Not sure about the Edelweiss skill, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

1. Tap them with a squad of only a single 2-star unit so that as many people can hit them as possible. Unless it was changed again, their timer is super long and the rewards are excellent, so sharing them with a lot of people is best if possible.

2. The spinning arrows are random. The blue arrows switch to the next position each time a team passes over one.

3. Yes, just save them up or roll one of the other premium gachas (Limited 2 or Premium). You can check what is in each of them and decide if you want to roll. Also while it was inefficient to roll like that, you got a 6-star so whatever (jealous :()

4. It's cheaper to use them on lower level girls, but the amount of exp they give is the same so it's up to you. Usually after 40 is when feeding gets really expensive, and a lot of people stop feeding level 5 manyus and switch to level 20 manyus as early as 30.

5. Yes

6. Don't do the dragon dailys if you don't need them to evolve stuff (unless you need to inefficiently burn stamina before leveling and have nothing better to spend them on). Early on I was just running all the stages I saw to get 3 medals on, but I ended up wasting a bunch of stamina running dragon dailys when I was new and ended up just selling everything because it was clogging my inventory. You'll eventually get 3 medals on them so there's no need to rush.

Eab1990
05-19-2016, 08:24 AM
Marigold and Hibiscus' Triple Drill skill hits the Wealthy Fly three times. For some reason, that's one of the few multi-hit skills that counts as separate attacks. Might be because they can switch targets mid-attack.

I'm not sure about Edelweiss though.

Ammo
05-19-2016, 10:04 AM
6. Push to Chapter 11 onwards as soon as you can and not spending your time trying to 3 Medal every Dragon Mission you don't need and every mission before Chapter 11. :S

I get not blowing stamina to 3 star missions and don't do dragons unless you're evolving, but what's up with pushing to chapter 11? I'm grinding 1-3 and farming manyus and leveling up off of it after another gathering refills. I'm level 37 at 114k. Should I push or farm?

Peach692
05-19-2016, 10:12 AM
Everyone is saying the revolving arrows are 100% RNG, but I found that if your n#1 squad is facing an arrow and you align it with the direction you want them to take when pressing the next button they always go in the right direction. You can also try calculating the distance and time it will take other units to pass through the arrow at the moment they're pointing the right direction, though the margin of error seems to be quite large.
So, from my personal experience, I'd say the arrows are not random if the units pass through them when they're pointed directly at a path. Am I wrong? D:

I get not blowing stamina to 3 star missions and don't do dragons unless you're evolving, but what's up with pushing to chapter 11? I'm grinding 1-3 and farming manyus and leveling up off of it after another gathering refills. I'm level 37 at 114k. Should I push or farm?

Farming Manyus is essential for leveling your girls, but 100%ing stages is great for farming flower gems, so it really depends on your priorities. I finished completing all stages just last week(I've been playing since day 1) because at times I did take my time farming for manyus and mats. it's your call, really. I don't feel like there's a right answer.

Edit: I do agree with not rushing the 3 medals on the dragon missions, though. Try doing that only when you're about to evolve a girl and need the mats. Btw, get the girl to cap lvl before trying to farm the lvl100 dragons :)

Tenhou
05-19-2016, 11:00 AM

It totally depends on yourself. I'd personally farm 1-3 or 2-1 + bonus stages until i had a fully evolved team and then push on to 12-3 and do that for eternities to come. Going to 11th area without a well evolved team is only going to stop your progress as you get more exp from doing lower level gardens. However, once your girls are evolved the gold costs will be too heavy to offset the better exp so you want to farm lvl 100 manyus to level those that have gotten to evolved 30-40.

And i have heard nothing of the 11th chapter dropping manyus 0.o

Ammo
05-19-2016, 11:22 AM
Sounds good. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and splurging on a high stamina map when I'm about to level. I can also confirm that Edelweiss does 2 damage to the Wealthy Fly. The skill itself only hits once, but it does 2 damage for some reason. Could be useful someday I guess.

Ancarius
05-19-2016, 11:23 AM
The reason for Chapter 11 onwards being the 80 Stamina Secret Garden and the Queen Wasp Raid Boss, which gives the mid-grade seeds. Equipment can really boost the stats by a whole lot.

Tenhou
05-19-2016, 12:49 PM
The reason for Chapter 11 onwards being the 80 Stamina Secret Garden and the Queen Wasp Raid Boss, which gives the mid-grade seeds. Equipment can really boost the stats by a whole lot.

As true as that is, he is not at the level where the 80 stamina gardens will be efficient yet, i mean he mentioned saving up towards his first 50 roll even. At that point you just want to level your girls asap, get some nice helpers and get going. Equipment is nice but you can also get seeds from attacking other people's bosses and for that you need to bring your power up in order to get allies that can spawn those to begin with.

I would guess his level is below 40-50 which means doing the 1-3/2-1 + garden will level him at a decent time compared to the 80 stamina gardens that will give him a lot of downtime. Once his level gets above 50ish and his girls evolved, the 80 stamina gardens will prove more and more efficient, but definitely not now.

Ithi
05-19-2016, 05:44 PM
Marigold and Hibiscus' Triple Drill skill hits the Wealthy Fly three times. For some reason, that's one of the few multi-hit skills that counts as separate attacks. Might be because they can switch targets mid-attack.

I'm not sure about Edelweiss though.

Even though Edelweiss' skill doesn't hit twice, it deals double damage to the Wealthy Fly. At least that's what I've experienced twice already.

Ancarius
05-19-2016, 05:50 PM
The thing with Edelweiss comes propably with her skill being an aoe one, that hits 2 enemies. When she hits just one enemy, the game propably halves the damage of the individual attack and let's it hit twice, in that case on normal enemies it would do the regualr skill damage and not the double Damage. On Seed Beares/Whealthy Types it would hit twice for 1 Damage.

kojaku
05-19-2016, 06:36 PM
But if it hit twice, it would show as 1 and then another 1, just as lancer type girls's skills. She just does 2dmg to the wealthy fly, and it shows as 2. Also, her skill doesn't allow to switch enemies as lancer skills does. Seems pretty strange if not bugged as it doesn't behave as anything we have seen, without claming being something different. Also seems strange if you look at the power of her skill Vs multi hit skills. She hits 2 to 2, so thats 4 of power, while other 5* such as lily rubelium hits 0.8 x3, so its only 2.4. A total of 4 sems to much for a multi hit skill.

Discoceris
05-20-2016, 01:28 AM
My advice is to not push ahead to 11 until every single team is good and ready with equipments and affection levels. Otherwise you push ahead to 11 unprepared and realize it was a complete sham and a waste of time.

There is no single way to play the game. I'm sure some bloke is going to roll out "most efficient and fastest way to grind" FAQ, but those are really only for players with multiple-accounts, seeking to offload extras for a quick payday (illegal things are always happening) Getting 3 medals is not necessary, but yet they're essential for players who are complete freeters (not a single IRL dime in the cash shop)

There's strategy and composition involved in events, but again, since they're completely voluntary, don't feel pressured by it.

fluffs
05-20-2016, 07:33 AM

Don't listen to this advice. Aside from the dragon missions, fully clear every mission you get before you move on to the next.

a) You get more flower gems, which you said you want to save.
b) You get more affection items, which lead to a huge increase in power.
c) You get more 2* units, allowing you to max out some 3* or even 4* girls' skills.
d) You get more bonus maps = more gold, more gacha points, more manyu, stronger units.
e) You get more raid bosses because you can fight more often.
f) You get more experience per stamina usually, letting you level up faster and use up more stamina.
g) If you get up to higher levels, you won't be able to afford the bonus stages and you won't get as many raid bosses for the daily.

Miu
05-21-2016, 02:12 AM
But if it hit twice, it would show as 1 and then another 1, just as lancer type girls's skills. She just does 2dmg to the wealthy fly, and it shows as 2. Also, her skill doesn't allow to switch enemies as lancer skills does. Seems pretty strange if not bugged as it doesn't behave as anything we have seen, without claming being something different. Also seems strange if you look at the power of her skill Vs multi hit skills. She hits 2 to 2, so thats 4 of power, while other 5* such as lily rubelium hits 0.8 x3, so its only 2.4. A total of 4 sems to much for a multi hit skill.
I thought it might be a rounding thing because of the high multiplier of her skill (1.7 rounded to 1, 2 rounded to 2) but it doesn't seem to be the case for the other ones I tested it with (2.3x multiplier Orchid and Mountain Lily).

Also I'm starting to really like Edelweiss. Her skill hits really hard, she has a useful and unique ability and 6* level attack. Being an event girl with full upgrades doesn't hurt either :cool:

Lied
05-21-2016, 02:43 AM
I'm finding that her passive ability is amazing for 12-5. Before, the squad that had to clear out the nests before the boss would usually die to it. Now if my Edelweiss squad clears them out, it usually just solos the boss by itself. She even got me a 12-5 full clear with no lost UNITS, because with lucky pathing an Edelweiss squad can run around and solo the whole map. My farming team for the map now is just my main squad and my helper in front, with the rest of my squads slow moving in the back to pick stuff up when someone else reaches the goal.

Also I love one of her moving sprites where she's riding her hammer like a Segway :D

Miu
05-21-2016, 04:44 PM
Somehow I never noticed that! It's pretty great :D

And yeah, the pre-boss healing on 12-5 is very useful, especially with healing being so rare in the game. If Edelweiss dies early does her squad healing ability keep working? Mine is still unevolved (lacking blue manyus, waiting for tomorrow) so an early death is a real possibility :(

On a related note is Lavender's ability only for the squad she's in, or for everyone on the map?

Nydaomond
05-21-2016, 04:46 PM
I'd assume Edel's ability only works as long as she's alive (like you don't get buffs from dead units), but have insta-evolved her, so can't confirm :<

Lavy-chan's ability only works on her own squad, though (like all other [Stage] abilities, other than "Gain % solar blast gauge" ones xD)

Miu
05-21-2016, 05:19 PM
That does make sense. I will keep an eye out, I am probably one of the few with a poor unevolved Edel :(

Actually it happened just now. Edel went down early but it still popped up "Heal" and restored HP while going over a nest. I wonder if other out of battle abilities keep working as well.

That reminds me, so that means Toad Lily's ability is also squad only? I'm sure I read the answer before but I can't remember.

Ancarius
05-21-2016, 05:50 PM
My Edelweiss sits at lvl 59,5. :/ I have the Dragons ready but the last 5 Secret gardens didn't want to give me blue ones. :(

Toad Lily's Ability has the Prefix [Stage] in Front of it, so it should work for everyone. Don't know if it counts when she is in the helper squad, since they get some downscaling of sorts.

Nydaomond
05-21-2016, 05:56 PM
[Stage] Abilities, short of the "Start with % light gauge", work only for the Squad, not for everyone. If you feel the need to test it, try Lilac xD

So yeah, decreased damage from small pests only for Toad Lily's squad :<

Ancarius
05-21-2016, 06:11 PM
[Stage] Abilities, short of the "Start with % light gauge", work only for the Squad, not for everyone. If you feel the need to test it, try Lilac xD

So yeah, decreased damage from small pests only for Toad Lily's squad :<

Neither have Lily or Lilac to test it. T_T

Nydaomond
05-21-2016, 06:20 PM
Neither do i, but some of my allies have them >.< You can check that with Edel too, though :3 probably easier as well

MiqDoloran
05-21-2016, 06:27 PM
That does make sense. I will keep an eye out, I am probably one of the few with a poor unevolved Edel :(

pfft my Edelweiss has gained a total of 4 levels since I got her.

Lied
05-21-2016, 07:07 PM
Yeah, it's definitely possible out of battle abilities still work. It'd be weird if a squad's speed dropped mid map because Orchid died.

Miu
05-23-2016, 03:11 AM
I have never seen the 80 "feast of the power spirits" give out so many lv 5 manyus :mad: I'm sticking with 12-5 from now on. I just want to make a super fast Edelweiss/Orchid squad.