PDA

View Full Version : need advice for long term strategy

tidus
05-20-2016, 05:54 AM
hey there i usually read this forum but rarely post; now i'm at a point on aigis i dont really know what is better to do next, i can usually do event without a lot of problems, only having problem with the story map (stuck at the danger in the oasis).
I'm current lv 177 with around 1 million gold and 260 demon crystal, the point i dont know wich unit i should aw next, what my team really need to improve(aside from reduce cost), i cashed in the past but dont plan to cash in the future( 2 time 150 sc with only 3 plat in total...)
Thx all your your advice:)

soranokira
05-20-2016, 06:13 AM
I saw Jerome not AW'd. I didn't need to continue looking. that's your answer.

edit: took a 2nd look. I'd say AW whatever units you use the most yourself. you can either AW utility units (Len, Shuuka, monica, cellia, katie etc. drop boosters are included here), or units like Horus, Shizuka, claudia, Lyla, Saki which is basically focusing on your duelist component which seems a bit weak aside from clissa. also max level elizabeth and claudia before anything else though.

switch
05-20-2016, 06:18 AM
the best map for lvling is base scramble 2. so i wouldnt be to worried if you cant 2 the last 2 maps yet tho seems weird you can.

- - - Updated - - -

jerome and elizabeth

- - - Updated - - -

scratch elizabeth i wpuld go for len. defense M is very nice

Tenhou
05-20-2016, 06:29 AM
scratch elizabeth i wpuld go for len. defense M is very nice

"Skip the almost-nanaly-powered Vampire Hunter, who will be a great asset, for a much more situational unit."

lolix
05-20-2016, 06:34 AM
He's doing fine in the duelist department. He has the 3 best barbarians in the game (lyla/imelia/celia) + clissa + claudia. He just needs to raise them a bit.

As for AWs , my rule of thumb is : multipliers (like spica/bernice/belidna/katie/etc) and units that increase drop rates(celia/monica) get AW-ed first because of their utility. Speaking of utility , jerome is also a very good pick ,as sora said

Looking at your team , i'd follow what sora said , and awaken jerome first. Then i'd go either for monica for DC drop rates or bernice , since she boosts both her defense and makes an already strong gellius even tankier. Then i'd go cellia for increased drop rate

- - - Updated - - -

"Skip the almost-nanaly-powered Vampire Hunter, who will be a great asset, for a much more situational unit."

to be fair , elizabeth , just as nanaly , gets just range post aw , and 40 or so more base damage. That's pretty weak compared to what other AW are avaible. Not saying he shouldn't , because even that 40 damage is a lot during her skill and her 3 shots , but it's still not that high impact of an AW IMO. Not saying that len is a better choice tho...

Tenhou
05-20-2016, 06:52 AM
to be fair , elizabeth , just as nanaly , gets just range post aw , and 40 or so more base damage. That's pretty weak compared to what other AW are avaible. Not saying he shouldn't , because even that 40 damage is a lot during her skill and her 3 shots , but it's still not that high impact of an AW IMO. Not saying that len is a better choice tho...

Don't underestimate range, especially for a vampire hunter which is a rather low range class to begin with. 15 is quite a damn lot and allows Elizabeth to be placed in positions where normal VH's cannot cover everything. That said, i agree on not AWing her first and i never said so either.

Unregistered
05-20-2016, 07:01 AM
Jerome should be the first thing you awaken. Due to his skill not changing, and his cost, Ive found he's worse CC'd than Pre-CC'd due to the 3 extra UP to deploy him when his main role is generating more UP. After Awakening however he is better due to the +2 boost to starting UP.

For more short term gain, awakening Elizabeth is good given she is generally a good unit, and it lets you increase her max damage as well as increasing her range.

That said, if you are looking at long term strategy, I would personally suggest prioritizing Cellia (for better spirit drop rates), Monica (for better DC drop rates), and as an eventually (though lower priority than more useful combat units) Cuterie (for better gift drop rates, though provided you aren't trying to max affection every girl, instead just focusing on those you use, you likely don't have too many issues with running out of gifts).

As for other useful units to awaken in no particular order:

Saki, if you use her. Ninja presently get a -4 cost reduction on awakening (eventually a patch will reduce their normal cost by 2, making the awakening reduction 2 as well, but until then...), and in her case she also gets a faster attack speed, making her much more useful. That said, if you don't use her much it's likely not worth it.

Odette will be handy to awaken as what looks like your primary mage. Mostly, due to gaining more damage helping to more quickly take out groups, though her increase in MR may occasionally also be handy.

Len might be useful, as noted she boosts everyone's defense by 5% and when you use her she will reduce the skill cooldown timers even more than before awaken. That said, I've personally not felt that I needed to awaken her but preferance may vary.

Claudia is quite handy to awaken as a princess and likely one of your better Duelists. Her true damage skill may prove quite useful in the future, and she has fairly good stats beside. Awakening will just make her better.

Iris is a good pick as a healer. Awakening her will cause her to heal everyone when deployed (something I actually used to 3* Danger in the Oasis as to prevent the early group of axe throwers killing my units before they could be dealt with, though admittedly I had a mine min-costed as well). Admittedly you already have the platinum healer awakened who has a stronger version of that ability so it may be a slightly lower priority, and you may potentially get more out of Fedora.

Bernice is a rather good tank. While you do already have an awakened Gellius, eventually you should awaken her as well. Not only is her defense only slightly lower than Gellius, she also increases the defense of all Heavy Armours by 5% just by being in your sortie.

Fedora. While I don't use her, having already leveled Iris enough and having some other better healers as well, she does have a higher non-skill heal at max level, and her awakening reduced her UP cost by 1, making her faster to deploy. Additionally her range increase skill may be useful in some situations.

Cloris or Yuyu would be useful to awaken, due to filling the role of a ranged magic damage dealer. My personal preference would be Yuyu, as she has notably higher base damage, can be CRed and awakening further lowers her cost by 1. That said, Cloris has better burst damage with her skill, and does gain a low chance to instant kill enemies when she hits them (not really enough to be relied on, but it is a potentially nice benefit)

Katie may be nowhere near as good as Jerome, but she is still useful, and her awaken ability gives everyone +2% defense if she's in the sortie. Not a high priority, but potentially worth doing eventually.

Outside awakening units, you also seem to have duplicates of some units you seem to use. While it ultimately is up to you, it likely is worth using them to CR/Skill up the copies you are using, though I would note in advance that eventually when rainbow crystals are introduced, you can gain them by discharging higher rarity units (and then spend them to get some very nice units from the trading post), so if you don't feel the chance of a cost reduction is worth it, it may be better to save them for that (to clarify, the units you can get cost 1000 rainbow crystals, while non-event platinums give 100. I forget how much other rarities give, but high rarity provides more). I would note though that in the case of Cellia and Fedora, it may be best to wait until after awakening to combine them so as to gain the experience as well.

tidus
05-20-2016, 07:17 AM
well jerome was the one i was planning to aw next(just capped his trust this week) and i guess i'll farm the orbs to aw him, about the second i rarely use a second tank or either len, is that 5% def(around 30 def ) for gellius really important? are there any other unit i should focus for when aw skill will be added(have like 20 rainbow for it) and should i use my second clissa just to reduce my main cost by 1?
edit: just a few info about some unit
odette she has 40 cost sadly i'd just started on late august so i was able to get only one of her
fedora has her cost reduced to 17(min)

lolix
05-20-2016, 07:39 AM
if you have time to place a 35 up mage , u probably have time to place a 40 up mage IMO. That being said , 5% defense on itself is not that much. But combine with prince buff , combine with katie , combine with len. Every little helps. Especially during his skill duration.

Then again , bernice is not a priority for you now i guess , but she is one of the better gold units to awaken in general IMO. Her SAW looks good as well , when we'll get that

soranokira
05-20-2016, 08:45 AM
He's doing fine in the duelist department. He has the 3 best barbarians in the game (lyla/imelia/celia) + clissa + claudia. He just needs to raise them a bit.

As for AWs , my rule of thumb is : multipliers (like spica/bernice/belidna/katie/etc) and units that increase drop rates(celia/monica) get AW-ed first because of their utility. Speaking of utility , jerome is also a very good pick ,as sora said

Looking at your team , i'd follow what sora said , and awaken jerome first. Then i'd go either for monica for DC drop rates or bernice , since she boosts both her defense and makes an already strong gellius even tankier. Then i'd go cellia for increased drop rate

- - - Updated - - -

you already said it, they're not level'd.

as for elizabeth vs Len, I'd go for Len as well because defense buff for when it's needed since she's useless otherwise, unlike elizabeth who can be used even pre-AW. also, 30% faster skill reuse. *looks at subjugation* she basically allows you to ramp up your team much, much faster in subjugations.

Eab1990
05-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Since you have most of my core units, you could try giving my strat a try if you're having trouble with Danger in the Oasis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xgdkqf5JJA

Definitely AW Jerome first, he'll help for that initial setup.
Use Spica instead of the Nanaly in my vid.
Clissa should be fine against the mummy mage.

Sakob
05-23-2016, 12:01 AM
well jerome was the one i was planning to aw next(just capped his trust this week) and i guess i'll farm the orbs to aw him, about the second i rarely use a second tank or either len, is that 5% def(around 30 def ) for gellius really important? are there any other unit i should focus for when aw skill will be added(have like 20 rainbow for it) and should i use my second clissa just to reduce my main cost by 1?
edit: just a few info about some unit
odette she has 40 cost sadly i'd just started on late august so i was able to get only one of her
fedora has her cost reduced to 17(min)

Well if your Odette is 40 cost I would seriously consider leveling your Marius instead when you feel the need for more magic damage.

Bishops are great, though expensive to deploy, but I think his max cost is still only 37. His skill is only situationally useful but he hits like a damn truck without it and has a larger range than mages do (which goes up further after awakening).

Note that he is squishy as hell, so he needs to be placed safely (which is easy to do with his large range).

The hardest part would be getting all the affection items for another male unit.

Jerome first still obviously.

tidus
08-30-2016, 08:52 AM
hello there i just pup my topic with my current team, what i'd like to know is wich unit improve next?(slowing worning on leanne and saki, and cc silver just for future aw atm) i've over 400 demon crystal is worth get another spice just for her -1 cr?
i've accumulated 110 sc should i try my luck and hope in cornelia is she worth for my team?
http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/08/30/3saIl.png

IvanLedah21
08-30-2016, 11:53 AM
Looks like you're making solid progress. I would NOT go all-in for the black in summon as ON AVERAGE you need to spend 165 SCs just to get A black.

For individual needs:
Tanks: Gellius AW goes a LONG way to filling your tank needs, honestly you shouldn't need much more for pure tanking (and you have AW Bernice if you do)
Healers: AW Camilla, very good, Iris and Fedora both CC60 is great too. Max level Alissa if you need 4th
Ranged DPS: AW Elizabeth and Spica, plus Odette, CC70 Bashira, CC60 Cloris, CC60 Cyrus, Beatrice is OK and great on those rare instances you WANT shorter range. Maybe raise Marius in your spare time, especially if your Odette is her max cost of 38
Duelists: Clissa and Claudia are your go-to duelists, beyond that Cellia and Lyla are OK and maybe raise Imelia
Utility: AW Jerome is great for UP generation, as is Clissa, Len and Shuka are great for skill cd reduction and UP cost down/all attack up buff skill, Memento is nice if you need to stall heavy hitters (though Gellius can tank almost anything we have right now), Saki and Horace for ranged on melee spot, Waltz with skill will boost Elizabeth and Bashira dps through the roof

Can't comment: Shiho, Solano, Lynn

Summary: solid team that should clear most content with the right deployment setup. Focus on AW Claudia, Len and Shuka IMO, afterwards maybe Iris and/or Fedora, though the three I can't comment on due to not having might change that. Those who DO have them want to chime in, be my guests.

lolix
08-30-2016, 09:34 PM
id actually keep my dcs for a while. Aparently nutaku is going to take over during september. Id keep the dcs for that , in case they do decide to rotate the trading post

tidus
08-31-2016, 04:53 AM
ok just for wich unit should i keep my sc? i'd like sybilla but ig uess every userfull black is welcomed

ZeroZet
08-31-2016, 05:53 AM
ok just for wich unit should i keep my sc? i'd like sybilla but ig uess every userfull black is welcomedYou don't roll for blacks. You roll for plats (or better yet, golds) and welcome any higher rarity you get.

Unless you're a whale. Then spend your money on whomever you want ;)

tidus
08-31-2016, 07:11 AM
You don't roll for blacks. You roll for plats (or better yet, golds) and welcome any higher rarity you get.

no i tryed one time used 100$ and ended with no black or platinum in 30 summ:\

IvanLedah21
08-31-2016, 08:59 AM
You don't roll for blacks. You roll for plats (or better yet, golds) and welcome any higher rarity you get.

^ This. The chance of a black is 3% so it takes on average 166.7 SCs just to get ANY of them (I mentioned this in my previous post). The chance of a platinum is 10% so every 50 SCs on average you should get one, so they're not bad to aim for as far as highlighted units go. Gold's 37% chance is much more reliable to aim for than the other two, but it primarily depends on how much you're willing to spend and what units you need, the former more than the latter.

Nero010
08-31-2016, 03:40 PM
U can never expect that to happen though.
Like tidus said... he did 30 summons and didnt even get a plat. I did 14 summons ones and got 9 golds out of it none of them was the boosted gold. Last time i went for Bernice or Yuyu on 17 summons and just barely got bernice with my last pull (17 summons already is more then 50$). Saying that ... u shouldnt even expect a gold that u want if u spend money even if its more then 50$. On some the shrine just is cruel. And sometimes so random. Never spend money at it expecting something or you might get frustrated and disappointed.

Talith
08-31-2016, 03:47 PM
Never summon ever and live off maxed event units instead. Starve the RNG Demon Aigis, spend your SC on quality of life improvements and events.

lolix
09-01-2016, 12:32 AM
Never summon ever and live off maxed event units instead. Starve the RNG Demon Aigis, spend your SC on quality of life improvements and events.

i dont really agree with this either...and thats comming from a freemium

I have 2 accounts , 1 with camilla , tethis , cellia and the rest are pretty much event units. WHile i do have 1 of the better healers and 2 good duelists , this accounts pales in comparison with my second which has nanaly , jerome , uzume , lyla. Just getting 1 black can make1 account that much better.

Nanaly literally solo carried my second account (which was like 70 - 80 levels behind my main one) for the first events - started playing again 3 weeks before oddettes event - and the only event that i didnt managed to 3 star was solanos....and that was because i was unable to 3 star the last map

Getting a couple of very usefull plats (like jerome and uzume) was also great , and made me able to pass war of magic easier , without belinda for example , and without having to awaken or cr yuyu or multiple silver witches (at this moment i still dont have any cr caliopee on either account)
Getting a monica also made my second acount farm dcs quite a bit better (considering that right now my second account has more dcs and more awakened units then my main)

In conclusion , premium units an be really powerful to have...but they are a risk to aquire. Most of the times , the risk aint worth the cost , i an agree with that , but the rewards can be great as well

IvanLedah21
09-01-2016, 08:04 AM
Adding to what Lolix said, many of the event units we've had are niche units anyways, not core team members. Only ones in recent memory that are full-time team members are Imelia, Shuka and Claudia, at least assuming you don't have their premium counterparts.

Azami: largely inferior to the constantly available Saki, ninjas are sort-of niche anyways (though ranged on melee spot is becoming increasingly useful)
Beatrice: skill is situational, but the rest of the pirates above silver are premium so she might fit in
Marie: situational gatekeeper
Momiji: samurai even with buff are still tricky to use, and her skill does let her serve as gatekeeper if you're lacking
Shao: Archer with assassination is useful but % chance means you can't rely on it so it's often better to stick to Spica and Bashira
Rita: Archer with very niche skill. Again, for general archer use, Spica and Bashira are better
Waltz: Dancers are situational and most of the units they really help are premium (Bashira is only one I can think of that's Gold+ and super-benefits)
Memento: Necromancers are situational as well, only useful if u need the cheap, disposable blockers to slow down enemies while ranged kills
Emilia: Valkyrie that is outclassed for her job by any other Valkyrie besides Elaine due to skill not really being suited to Valkyrie roles
Elva: looks like she'll be pretty damn powerful but her cost will be absurdly high without soldiers/Valkyries generating UP like mad

Talith
09-01-2016, 08:24 AM
A lot of event units aren't worth using purely because premium units rule the roost, as they should.

The advantage of not having any premium units though is actually putting to use all the maxed out event/TP units you acquire as full-time members, and not 100% trivializing events through an above curve premium black unit.

I recognize that it's not for everyone, though. I certainly have a few premium units I wish I could have, and I'm a bit of a liar since I rerolled until I got a black for my first summon (got Deine then never rolled again, and she has devastated plenty of bosses for me).

Nero010
09-02-2016, 08:57 PM
I have no blacks and rolled 3 shrine plats, 2 of them with money. Being Marnie, Sherry and Garania. Not to unlucky, not too lucky. Even though i have to say sherry was propably the best premium plat i couldve pulled. So I am actualy happy that i still can find uses for Event Units other then those with hilarous teams. Heck i even use Memento instat of witches if i dont need them for thier slow (her dps is slightly higher then Cloris hers and emergency block/scrapegoats are always nice). And one thing... I wouldnt switch out Imelia with any other Bandit from shrine. Shes one of the few Event units that could be shrine units just as well. Since i started during Shukas event but sadly sadly sadly sadly wasnt able to get her, only shao, i dont have THAT many Event units anyways yet. Even though 6 is already a number. And with "just that" i can pretty reliabel 3 star every event map since a while. Shrine units arent needed if u have an event unit for all the roles u need. Since i joined a lot later then Karma or Claudia getting Sherry as Princess (ignoring her AW Passiv right now) alone was flat out enabeling stuff for me as example at the map where nasu uses 2 witches at the begining i just throw down my sherry instat and she kills the riders befor they can get past her. Its totaly possible to just work around this with event units though. I couldnt blame anyone though for trying his luck on a summon.