PDA

View Full Version : Help Request: Team

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 11:24 AM
Hello everyone,
I've been playing Aigis for quite some time now and i feel like i should start getting into a ... direction. I have quite some units, got a few CC'd units but i am really unsure how to build a good allround team. Story wise i am currently stuck at "Base Scramble I" and "Immortal Beast" (which i think would be a cause of my lack of setups/focus). I got only 1 black unit (i got it yesterday WOOOO!) which is my Sophie. But i got to say i do not see any really good use for her right now, tho I red her AW which seems pretty insane... I am not sure if i should use the Trading Post to get the silver angel to lvl up her skills, might be not worth until i actually use her tho...
here a list of my units:
http://puu.sh/p3Eza/8e28857e84.jpg
http://puu.sh/p3EAp/661f540bbb.jpg
http://puu.sh/p3EBg/bf778628e0.jpg
sadly i do not have the event units i have on minimum cost high skill or anything like that, since i was mostly to weak and set my priority on getting futher in the story / leveling my units after getting the event unit on their "basic form"
I look forward to your opinions and advices! Also i am new to the forum but I look forward to become a part of this community :3
Edit: ah yeah my hero/account level is 101 so far, to give you an idea about how much playtime i have
Edit2: My current setups: http://puu.sh/p3GoS/351c667fc9.jpg , http://puu.sh/p3GnO/07b9b0ac49.jpg

lolix
05-24-2016, 11:35 AM
u got great duelists , and good mages (in garania , both goldies , and even marius can act as a mage) , a good witch as well in yuyu , which should help pass war of magic. Good tank in bernice as well.

Actually outside of leveling the usual suspects : HAT (healer/archer/tank) + mages + duelists + witch >>>> the core army , all you have left is improving your archer squad , since you have only bashira , by aquiring spica.

After spica is avaible , i'd raise and cc more core and go for awakening of said units. Also u might want to raise and cc 1 monica (hell u can probably try to cost reduce her , since u don't generally need more then 1 , and her passive doesn't stack with herlsef as far as i know)

Pretty much this right now. U can also watch the video in the strategy department for Imortal beast , and i think we also have a sticky with the desert maps , which u might find useful

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Okay noted it: Working on my Plat Archer and Shao to get them up to around lv 50 (possibly?) then focus on CC’ing my 2nd Iris and Mage Marius. Is it actually worth to get my Princess Bandit Imelia CC’d? I was working on that currently and I really like her as a unit (+ she is super kawaii). To sophie, I guess I’ll leave her out for now and just keep her as she is until I got my HAT core up working, right? Yuyu is on my CC list as well, too much to work on, so less Charisma… would lancer Kerry be a key unit long term? I see a lot of people use her (in videos) but I am not really a fan of her … I prefer having commander julian out for unit points.. also is he worth CC’ing to fill as a secondary tank like Katie (which I mainly use as a tank that regenerates unit points)? Also for monica, are pirates actually a thing? or would it "just" be a replacement for an archer until i get more usefull once?

lolix
05-24-2016, 12:34 PM
ok , let's take it 1 by 1.

Marius is a good unit , and because he's an elf , he has a crapload of attack. That being said , he is a dual class , and while he is versatile , there are some that prefer mages that boost their own dps. ME personally , i rather like the guy , so a lot it depends on yourself. I guess u also have garania if u really want to carpet bomb stuff , so that's okay. You're doing better then most of us in that regard.

Seeing that u have 2 good archers , u should start farming the DC dailies (and i'd suggest having a monica in your farm team since she improves the drop rate of dcs). Spica is curently the best trading post unit in the game , and probably the second best archer all around in the game , besides nanaly. She is a priority.
Personally , i wouldn't recomand rushing a saki , even tho she's black , so don't get baited into getting her over spica. After you got spica , i guess you can decide for yourself if having a ranged on melee slot is a priority for you , or if u want awakenings first. That's up to you , but spica is a really good unit , and i'd say get her asap.

Imelia : Depends on how much u cr-ed and SU-ed her. At cr 2 , most event units break even in cost with premium units. I personally like imelia , since she's a wall of stats. But you also have a lyla which is a pretty good duelist as well , even tho she loses defense.

EDIT: saw that your imelia is full cost. That's 2 bad. You could go for lyla i guess , or even sophie , if u know how to use her (shes better as a lighning rod , but she can act as situational duelist if u have the right timing.

As for imelia alone , well she is still a ball of stats with a good skill. ANd while u have her at her basic level , skills can be leveled up with rainbow fairies (i wouldn't re comand wasting rainbows on a non cr-ed event unit tho) , and her stats are still the same , even if she costs a whole lot more to deploy. It depends on u , if u consider her stats to be worth. I'd personally go with lyla in this case , since cc-ing a plat unit is a pretty serious investition

Yuyu is not a priority right now , but she will help u when u reach war of magic....assuming u raise her skill a bit , since she is literally a belinda with faster attack speed (since she's an elf. they even have comparable stats. I think the difference between their attack damage was like 6 )

Kerry...well kerry was the very first summon for a lot of us. They used to give us kerry instead of bashira , so a lot of guides use her as a "basic unit". She's not that great of a duelist , but if u really need a valk (the curent subjugation event kinda needs valks to make easier) , i guess you could raise her. I personally don't care much for her , and if we had misha , i think i'd rather level her (a silver) rather then kerry , but that's up to you. Depends if you have the time and charisma for her.

Julien doesn't even compare to katie in terms of ability to tank...well for a soldier that is. But if you need a secondary UP battery , he is good...assuming you lack any of the plat soldiers , or aria (which u shouldn't have anyway , if you're new). A lot of people use 2 soldier strategies , but till now , i've yet to need 2 myself. In the future , we are probably going to require more up batteries tho , so i guess you could raise him as well , even tho i wouldn't consider him exactly a priority.

Actually , in terms of pure tanking , you should raise bernice , because she's a really good tank , and make leanne your secundary

Pirates , huh ? well it depends. Some pirates are. Minerva (a black) hits somewhere around 1.5k per hit and has a chance of assasination for example. Anelia can hit over 1k , and hit 5 targets at once. During skill usage , that is. Monica , is mostly used and raised and awakened for her ability to boost Demon crystal drop rates. Short answer : some yes , some no , and those that are , are generaly because of utility rather then straight up outclassing archers.

Actually vamp hunters , archers and pirates are all subclasses that fill generally the same role , but with different strenghts. Pirates attack slower , but hit hard for each hit at longer range , and are better vs armored stuff. Vh , hit 3 arrows per volley and can decimate unarmored stuff , but do very little vs armored enemies , while archers are generally the best balanced. Also probably the best of the 3 subclasses , even tho in some instanfes , they can be outperformed by individual units.

PS: forgot about iris. Some people don't like doubles for roleplaying reasons , and that's fine as well. I for one , don't care much. I like to powergame. and i think iris is a pretty eficient healer, and quite a lot better then alissa/dorca. I would personally raise and cc 2 of them , but that's up to you. CR healers aren't bad either, since getting them on the field faster is not a bad ideea , but i wouldn't waste a second iris to cr the first , if all u have in the heal department is her.

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 01:37 PM
thank you a lot for your detailed answer! It helps me a lot, i will keep this updated as soon as i have noticable progress, I do not mind having 2x the same unit so i'll go for cc'ing both Iris since I'd rather have 2 good gold healers than 1 good gold + 1 silver. for Sophie i'll possibly wait with er. It is fairly sad that i can not use Imelia, i like her because of her skill, she is the only bandit who actually buffs her defense and after her ability she can simply be healed up again. What do you think about Ertel? I CC'd her and i really like the "Block 3 but able to heal too" but it seems that she isn't tanky enough to be used as a 2nd line tank. (I thought i can put her beind a tank for example to stop everything that is not blocked by the tank and if not blocking healing the tank in front of it).

lolix
05-24-2016, 02:34 PM
actually i'd wait on sophie as well. She has monster stats (all angels have naturally high stats) , but she is used different then a normal duelist.
Also , i liked imelia for the smae reason as you. She's got good offense ,AND defense on top of having a big hp pool because she's a bandit. The fact is , her stats are still there , if you don't care about the cost. She is still a strong unit , if you want to invest in her skill , and don't care about her cost. And while there are maps were cost doesn't matter , there are others were it does. Having her non cr-ed makes her a bit more situational for you to use her , then for us , but other then that , as i said , her stats are still good. The problem would be raising her skill , since you would have to invest rainbows in her , and i for 1 wouldn't. But that's your choice again.

There is also a possibility of revival events , but hers would be in the far future if we actually ever get revivals...

As for ertel , i also like the concept of her , but IMO she looks the type of silver that would be a awhole lot better at max skill level and min cost , and while i got a cc50 one myself , i'm not ready to start min costing a low priority silver yet. But she seems rather usefull. I'd love other units of her class in higher rarity actually

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 02:49 PM
yeah I agree it feels rather weak to have ertel to be silver ... maybe one day we'll get a plat of her class :3 for Imelia i guess i'll just keep her for now like she is, if i in some months have enough stuff left and do not know what to do i can still level her up (ignoring her CR and skills). so right now i focus on getting the crystals (when the daily is on), besides that i guess i level up both my archers to level 50 with my charisma also my gold tank (forgot her name) and I like how monica only costs 10 unit points to use (minimum cost woop woop), her skill is 4/5 tho, will definitly level her up and possibly cc her too? also I want to level up marius and cc him.

EDIT: what would you suggest as a set up for me with my units on those 15 slots? which once would be swicharounds? what should I aim for? for now i got this (after our talk):
http://puu.sh/p3SQx/eb56619ee0.jpg (besides that i got to possibly (sadly) replace ertel)

lolix
05-24-2016, 03:02 PM
not a bad setup , but u don't relaly need both bernice and leanne at the same time in general , so u can switch bernice for now (leanne after u level bernice up) and get more duelists in there. I'd suggest , u use lyla. She is 1 of the highest dps duelists avaible to us atm. She is still a good duelist. Actually , i'd leave julien out as well , unless u specifically need a 2nd soldier for said map , and i'd place sophie in , since she's an awsome lightning rod (btw , u can use her for Imortal beast after u leve her up and your healers a bit) , and u have to learn how to use her eventually.

Other then that , looks like a pretty decent lineup

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 03:08 PM
got it :3 http://puu.sh/p3TSs/5ec190c086.jpg thank you so much for helping me out! I'll keep working and updating this step by step when i have mention worthy progress, not sure if i want to keep farming for the dancer (for cost reduce, skill up and stuff) i like the idea of a dancer but her range seems to be fairly small

EDIT: now i got to wait for my charisma... *sigh* maybe i should play a 2nd account but... starting without any good units all over again, doesn't sound too much fun...

lolix
05-24-2016, 03:53 PM
to be fair cypria is not actually a priority either. Most of us kinda ignored her , but after AW and SAW she becomes a good dodge tank , but untill then , most people use either valks/pricesses/bandits as duelists. Most of us didn't raised her because shes kinda expensive to cc (3 silvers) , but since it's there , u could use it now. You might want to replace her with another unit in the future

I might even use a claduia , even at max cost over cypria if i were u , assuming u lack other princess. She still has a good skill for tanking liches/mages and for dealing with high armor (and mr stuff) even if u didn't leveled her skill much. She still gains mr and true damage even if her booster isn't that big

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 04:00 PM
yeah i used both of them before situational.. i just can not figure out what to actually use as a 15 unit team, i feel like it would be so much easier if we could use 20 in there <.< in the end harder maps require more removing/replacing and i was quite some times at the point where i could need more than 15 units in a map lol, maybe my units were just too weak tho

n00b
05-24-2016, 04:41 PM
I'll just make it quick for your short/mid-term goals:
- level Bashira and Iris some more (to around CC40-50ish)
- raise another healer, Bernice, Yuyu, Marius, Khuri
- buy Spica ASAP and raise her
- raise some duelists: Lyla is the obvious choice, I suggest Claudia as well since she's a princess
- raise a third healer at some point

When you did all of this you will have a solid core team that will allow you to do well in most events. Then you can start refining your team by leveling more niche/situational units and AW some units.

Most units were already covered by lolix, but just a quick note about Khuri: She's one of the most useful silvers in the game. It should be noted though that Nutaku is/was supposed to get a vampire hunter event, so you might want to hold off leveling her for now.

Sophie is amazing, but as an angel she is quite reliant on her skill. She has the same skill as the silver angel. You can trade a valkyrie and 100k gold for a silver angel in the trading post, so you could do that later on when you saved up some gold to save some rainbow fairies.

yeah i used both of them before situational.. i just can not figure out what to actually use as a 15 unit team, i feel like it would be so much easier if we could use 20 in there <.< in the end harder maps require more removing/replacing and i was quite some times at the point where i could need more than 15 units in a map lol, maybe my units were just too weak tho
This is a common misconception among new players. Fact of the matter is you will have way more than 15 usable units in no time and you will have to adapt your team depending on the missions, so you shouldn't worry too much about figuring out your "main team" or whatever.

I like how monica only costs 10 unit points to use (minimum cost woop woop), her skill is 4/5 tho, will definitly level her up and possibly cc her too?
Grats on mincosting her, but unfortunately Monica's skill changes when you CC her. Skills that change upon CC reset to 1/5. For units with changing skills it's advisable to CC them at level 30 before feeding them to a CC'd main unit. Not the biggest deal, just something to keep in mind for the future.

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 04:51 PM
thank you for your opinion! I didn't know the skill will reset when it changes, but then i know to not try to max out her skill more than now, it was just a side effect for cost reducing tho, but yes next time i'll keep that in mind, for this specific case it would have taken too much time/charisma/gold/etc to do that tho... so you say i should focus on a solid core with more than 15 units that i can "replace" situational instead of trying to get a main 15? For the 3rd healer i guess i wait until i get another gold + one from shrine summon (if i get some more crystals, it is being a pain lately to get some)

lolix
05-24-2016, 04:54 PM
well , you don't need a main team. I mean , you need a CORE team that u will use in most maps , and that's generally composed of HAT + soldier. Those are generally used on most maps. Then , you have your extended team which involves witches and mages as well...and maybe 1-2 duelists. Then you have your army , which will have situational and niche units , used for specific tasks that will allow you to change your playstyle and to fit each event.

Your end goal is to raise an "army" or a harem (i guess) , that can deal with different type of challenges. Keep that in mind

EDIT: that is my fault. As someone that has monica , i failed to mention that she changes her skill. I was concentrated on other stuff and i didn't realized that .

EDIT 2 : between the situational heal from ertel and the situational heal from marius , and the 2 iris , you should have enough to hold for now....but if you want to finish immortal beast , you will probably need another 1. Keep in mind that sophie is a monster for as long as her skill is in use , and can , make your life a whole lot easier on that map. Other then that , i'd suggest advancing to the desert map and trying to finish base scramble 2 since it gives the best amount of unit XP.

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 04:59 PM
one still unanswered question: how much should i value getting the dancer on CR and skill up? (i got her 1x right now, so base form basicly) is it worth for me at my "current state" to get her on max CR and skills up?

EDIT: for exp i farm fiery oasis right now, since i get 2 bronze unit drops and i get an average of 4-6 units

Tenhou
05-24-2016, 05:03 PM
You can go for 1-2CR but most of the time when you want to use her you'll have the UP needed anyways because she's dirt cheap to begin with. Only gets +1 cost when she evolves even.

Don't spend too much time on her though. There will also be another dancer later on too.

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 05:06 PM
yeah I'll not use crystals on stamina but use my stamina to try to get some more of her, also the silver healers i get on the map would be good to get for CCing units i think so i'll just use the stamina i get on her

n00b
05-24-2016, 05:11 PM
I didn't know the skill will reset when it changes, but then i know to not try to max out her skill more than now, it was just a side effect for cost reducing tho, but yes next time i'll keep that in mind, for this specific case it would have taken too much time/charisma/gold/etc to do that tho...
I get that, but usually there's no rush to CR a unit, so might as well put it off for much later if it allows you to save several rainbow fairies.

so you say i should focus on a solid core with more than 15 units that i can "replace" situational instead of trying to get a main 15? For the 3rd healer i guess i wait until i get another gold + one from shrine summon (if i get some more crystals, it is being a pain lately to get some)
Yes. Like I said, you will have more than 15 usable units in no time anyway. Basically lolix explained what I meant, but here are some random examples: You might need 2 or even 3 heavy armors on some maps even though you'd probably only use 1 on most maps. You might need 4 or even more healers on certain maps. Some maps have only few ranged slots, so you might need melee supports (units you place on a melee slot that can attack at range) and/or priest warriors. Some maps (subjugations) don't have natural UP regeneration, which means you probably wanna use 2 soldiers and possibly some valkyries there.
...etc.

You can steamroll low tier maps with a generic team, but for god tier maps or certain special maps you'll have to adjust your team (unless you have several OP AW'd units maybe).

For the 3rd healer i guess i wait until i get another gold + one from shrine summon (if i get some more crystals, it is being a pain lately to get some)
Honestly, Alissa is pretty decent, especially if you can mincost her later on. To be fair, it's not quite as easy to CR silvers on Nutaku compared to DMM.

Regarding Waltz, I suggest you try to CR her, but don't try too hard (as far as spending SC goes).

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 05:28 PM
let me sum things up so i do not forget anything super important:
1st: level Bashira + Bernice to cc40-50
2nd: work on getting Spicia and level her too // also try to get some Waltz with my stamina
3rd: level both Iris + Marius + yuyu + Khuri (if no event comes up for a high tier vamp hunter) to cc30-50
4th: level up my duelsts (Lyra, Claudia) to cc30-50
5th: pick up another healer + cc30-50
6th: make plans on what else to add
7th: AW Garania, Bernice, Spica (because of their buff)

wow this list is pretty long list, for short/mid-term goals, and i possibly missed something.
Also what map would you suggest farming? does fiery oasis work (2 bronze unit chance, 1 of them gives full exp no matter what class i feed it to)

EDIT: changed Bashira to Garania, didn't mean to write Bashira in the first place... my bad. I thought about those 3 because off the buff for all units of that class!

lolix
05-24-2016, 05:39 PM
bashira is rather meh post AW. spica is great tho. Anyway , it will be some time till u get to awakenings , and u will have time to learn what are the best ones in time. For now concentrate on raising your team :)

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 05:43 PM
thanks for telling me, fixed my post i messed up the names of the 2 units

n00b
05-24-2016, 05:53 PM
Sounds about right. I would raise both Iris before Bernice though. Having 2 solid healers is just too important, and you already have a CC40 Leeanne for the time being. About AW, Spica first is your best bet. Bernice, Iris, Lyla and Garania are great. Katie is an option. Maybe Monica for the increased DC drop rate (personally I don't think it matters enough to make her a priority). AW order doesn't matter too much for now, just keep in mind that you almost certainly will want to AW Spica first.

It seems like a long list, but you can probably get there a lot faster than you think.

Fiery Oasis is the best map you can farm now, but your goal is Base Scramble 2.

DyingShadow
05-24-2016, 05:55 PM
noted it, gonna keep away from awakening right now, getting my units CC'd is more important. So Bashira + Healers first then Bernice followed by marius yuyu and khuri

Masterwolf
05-25-2016, 12:30 AM
Just to add something I didn't see mentioned is do not forget about affection, especially on your CORE team. Getting max affection on my HAT + Soldier + 2 witches made things SO much easier. I suggest having 2 witches and a mage at CC40 (100% aff) so farming Phalanx 2 becomes easy. Then you can use stamina for aff farming on most days. (Obviously not on Monday and Thursdays). If you do not have a lot of girls at max aff it might be even a better use of your stamina than trying to get a better dancer.

switch
05-25-2016, 12:38 AM
Uhhh I wouldn't rule out getting the dancer as best you can. It's unlikely he will get another. And will at some point need one to make things easy. Add can be done at anytime really

Masterwolf
05-25-2016, 12:54 AM
Uhhh I wouldn't rule out getting the dancer as best you can. It's unlikely he will get another. And will at some point need one to make things easy. Add can be done at anytime really

I assume you mean aff instead of add and yes it can be done later for sure, but until he has a core team to tackle events he should focus on that. I think it was also mentioned in the thread that there is another dancer event so not sure how much of a must it is that he max CR/SU. Of course it could all be moot and he has AFF on most of his girls. Just thought it needed to be brought up.

DyingShadow
05-25-2016, 01:17 AM
Just to add something I didn't see mentioned is do not forget about affection, especially on your CORE team. Getting max affection on my HAT + Soldier + 2 witches made things SO much easier. I suggest having 2 witches and a mage at CC40 (100% aff) so farming Phalanx 2 becomes easy. Then you can use stamina for aff farming on most days. (Obviously not on Monday and Thursdays). If you do not have a lot of girls at max aff it might be even a better use of your stamina than trying to get a better dancer.

yeah i am farming phalanx 2 easiely currently (pre today) and i'll keep using my spare energy on AFF when there is no event/anything usefull to use stamina on

switch
05-25-2016, 01:55 AM
Considering there will most likely be a break after this event. And this event is easy as he should be able to do 7 stamina or atleast 5. My shitty alt can do it aha. I think more the problem is the fact he has random lvled alot of units.. shao is higher lvl then bashira um what

Sincronic
05-25-2016, 01:58 AM
If you leveled sophie to cc80, she would eat those liches in immortal beast for breakfast :)

Hell, even in current dancer's G map i put her in middle of crossroad and she just chews them all.
Keep in mind tho, i have 10/10 skill on her, but she is still useful even with 1/10 skill (5 should be optimal).
Karma also does the trick if you have her (can't check since im writing this :p)

lolix
05-25-2016, 03:25 AM
he's a newer player. He doesn't have karma. Yes i told him as well that sophie has monster stats , but right now he has better stuff to level up then sophie. He needs healers first then a bernice , a spica , a reliable duelist...hell even claudia , even tho she's max cost , purely for her utility as a princess. He has time for sophie later.

Sincronic
05-25-2016, 03:56 AM
Yeah i just checked his pics again, getting Iris and Bernice to cc60 is a good idea, and maybe dorca to cc50 since shes 50 right now. Dunno if he has spica though (or enough DC for her). Maybe Imellia for duelist (i dunno, i never really used bandits), but Claudia is surely a good option.

Sophie tends to die on early levels, cause she blocks many enemies with low defense. But at high levels, only thing that can even scratch her are 3+ liches D: , not to mention her 1200+ attack, 1 shots most of goblins/wolves, 2-4 shots heavies like they had no defense at all, eats liches in 10 hits or less, and absorbs 30% magic dmg.
On 500enemy map, those 4 black goblins cant even damage her, if she is awakened. Her def is so good that passive regen just compensates damage. It's kinda silly to see them trying to kill her xD.
All in all, awesome unit, but needs lot of investment

DyingShadow
05-25-2016, 08:22 AM
is sophie really that strong? Maybe facepalming when i got her + red what she does and try her out at level 1 was a little too overreacted. Maybe i judged her wrong, sorry sophie!

switch
05-25-2016, 09:02 AM
She can be a beast once lvled aha

lolix
05-25-2016, 09:02 AM
most blacks are strong , and angels in special have naturally very high stats. S The problem with angels is timing. They are situational and require good timing. But when she's actually using her skill , she is a very strong unit because of her monster stats. Regardless of that , she's still not your priority right now.

DyingShadow
05-25-2016, 09:08 AM
yeah I'll not focus on her right now, at the moment (todays charisma) went into leveling my non-CC Iris a bit (she is level 34 now) and the stamina went into the 30/3 Walz map, didn't get any drop tho today, well 2 dc, but i do not count them as a drop here <.< (i did the 30/3 because the next one with 5 stamina is still too strong)

EDIT: in 20 minutes i hit level up by Charisma, so I'll have some more Fiery oasis runs! WOOO

switch
05-25-2016, 10:03 AM
30/3 map ehhh you aren't gonna get dancers from that ahaha I've done 5 stamina map on alt for no dancers and I done it like 6 times now

DyingShadow
05-25-2016, 10:07 AM
well i got 1 from it so far, according to the wiki the chance is 10%, better than nothing i guess. The problem with the 5 stamina one is, i can not reliable clear it, i am depending on shao assassinate here in addition to my cypria to be a dodge tank for the black armors... also: i can not "do the start that videos do" since my katie is dead before i can even think about using a healer...

lolix
05-25-2016, 10:19 AM
depending on how high level your bashira is , u can start by deploying her first instead of a witch. High level archers tend to eat those armors (and even red armors with her skill) way faster then witches. Ofc , u still need a decently level katie to tank a bit

kayfabe
05-25-2016, 10:32 AM
is sophie really that strong? Maybe facepalming when i got her + red what she does and try her out at level 1 was a little too overreacted. Maybe i judged her wrong, sorry sophie!

She's a niche unit prior to reaching her max stats but even then she's sometimes useful precisely because of her drawback. Dropping melee units into heavy traffic can be a really dangerous business, after all. Big bruisers, arrows and lich blasts can be survived individually but taking on all three simultaneously is often a bridge too far. Sophie can help with those situations by being dropped in to soak just the ranged damage without taking up a precious ranged slot. Again, it's a niche use, but it's sometimes an easier trick than managing tight tank swaps and withdraw maneuvers.

DyingShadow
05-25-2016, 10:35 AM
She's a niche unit prior to reaching her max stats but even then she's sometimes useful precisely because of her drawback. Dropping melee units into heavy traffic can be a really dangerous business, after all. Big bruisers, arrows and lich blasts can be survived individually but taking on all three simultaneously is often a bridge too far. Sophie can help with those situations by being dropped in to soak just the ranged damage without taking up a precious ranged slot. Again, it's a niche use, but it's sometimes an easier trick than managing tight tank swaps and withdraw maneuvers.

yeah i understand that, also her awaken heal seems pretty solid

switch
05-25-2016, 11:06 AM
If you Cloris is max affection you shouldn't have any problems with 5stmina map. Put her out first the first armor should die before even getting Katie. Then use prince.. just like in the vid

DyingShadow
05-25-2016, 11:16 AM
If you Cloris is max affection you shouldn't have any problems with 5stmina map. Put her out first the first armor should die before even getting Katie. Then use prince.. just like in the vid

i get around 60% health down from it only... so the wave after (the 2 on the top) 1 hero 1 katie kills katie, since she has like 50 hp left at that point and i got 2 unit points and my healer cost 15-20 depends on which one i want to place

Tenhou
05-25-2016, 12:46 PM
depending on how high level your bashira is , u can start by deploying her first instead of a witch.

This one's rather funny tbh. I deploy Spica and Bashira against those things on 50/7 instead of witches.

Unregistered
05-25-2016, 12:47 PM
i get around 60% health down from it only... so the wave after (the 2 on the top) 1 hero 1 katie kills katie, since she has like 50 hp left at that point and i got 2 unit points and my healer cost 15-20 depends on which one i want to place
After you place Katie(who should be at least 50cc50 and full AFF, 66 DEF for a freemium is nothing to scoff at) immediately place the Prince then activate Chloris skill for increased dmg, just make sure that katie tank 1 while the prince tank 1, after that drop the 2nd witch (again, 50CC30+ and with at least 20% AFF).She will slow the armor enough for you to deploy a duelist (A 50CC49 Imelia in my case) to take down the armor.The rest is the same as the video.

DyingShadow
05-25-2016, 12:50 PM
After you place Katie(who should be at least 50cc50 and full AFF, 66 DEF for a freemium is nothing to scoff at) immediately place the Prince then activate Chloris skill for increased dmg, just make sure that katie tank 1 while the prince tank 1

I do exactly that and then Katie dies... as said, my units are not strong enough yet, that is why i can not farm the 5 stamina version...

EDIT: also I do not have a 2nd CC'd slow mage yet

Unregistered
05-25-2016, 01:15 PM
I do exactly that and then Katie dies... as said, my units are not strong enough yet, that is why i can not farm the 5 stamina version...

EDIT: also I do not have a 2nd CC'd slow mage yet
Then it's a lack of AFF and level.Sr mate but that problem can only be solved in grinding a long time and do AFF map/farm Phalanx 2(which STILL require you have at least 2 CCed Witch, preferably 3), which is both troublesome since the next daily is DC.I think your best course of action should be just farm the 3sta one until you're ready to try again.And again, the more tough enemy on this event are probably only Armor and Shadow(they hit hard and near-invulnerable to magic, so I recommend you use only 1 mage, you should only need 1 mage to blaze through storyline mission until Fiery Oasis anyway).Witch is a priority as well as tank and healer, if you highest aim is for the 5sta map, after you lvl your Helaers (at least 2 CCed , to be safe for storyline mission 3)you should priority a Bandit (Mortimer is better since that Dark Knight hit hard, if you use Eunice he may very well 1-hit you even if your HP is 1800+) or a Valkyrie( since they are key in the current Subjugation).

DyingShadow
05-25-2016, 01:47 PM
Unregistered user, you might want to read all the pages before writing.. i do not find your post usefull at all

lolix
05-25-2016, 02:59 PM
This one's rather funny tbh. I deploy Spica and Bashira against those things on 50/7 instead of witches.

i do it as well , which is why i recomanded him the same. The plat archers are better at killing the basic armor units then witches since they attack fast....assuming they are cc-ed and leveled up that is. Deploying nanaly is overkill for example , and as i said in chat , i did that map without a healer and without any unit dropping under 80%. Having nanaly on top of bashira and spica (all 3 leveled up ) makes it a walk in the park. Didn't even deployed a witch for it. just 3 archers , 2 mages , 1 solano

Sincronic
05-27-2016, 01:48 AM
The problem with angels is timing. They are situational and require good timing.

Not with sophie, you just throw her in, and watch the world burn :cool:

for example, combination with solano:

Bandit event last map:

Monday H:

One of things im looking forward to, is cost reduction patch for Sophie (probably all angels not sure) :D

lolix
05-27-2016, 04:01 AM
thats the difference between normal units and black units - 1 sec skill on deploy. But after her initial skill on deploy ability , u still need to time her skill usage

soranokira
05-27-2016, 04:15 AM
thats the difference between normal units and black units - 1 sec skill on deploy. But after her initial skill on deploy ability , u still need to time her skill usage

basically, angels are good as long as you only need them to block occasionally. 1 exception is SAW Eln (gold angel) who has a 10s reuse timer.

DyingShadow
05-31-2016, 04:09 PM
i see, i am still working on leveling up my units. So far i got my 2nd healer to 42 and my cloris to 47 (which made me be able to beat the dancer 40/5 map

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I got some more units and i've been working on my goals, my Waltz is even minimum cost! (event success WOOOP!) UNITS THIS TIME SORTED BY CLASS! (i am learning!)
http://puu.sh/pc1yZ/5f5b0e061f.jpg
http://puu.sh/pc1Dv/fa2da1a886.jpg
http://puu.sh/pc1I6/8c7de41322.jpg
http://puu.sh/pc1L6/54bdd23ad6.jpg
http://puu.sh/pc1Pl/f531da74da.jpg
http://puu.sh/pc1Sm/f9b39f55c4.jpg

so my current work on:
0) use Stamina on demon crystals for spicia
1) leveling my bashira from cc40 to 50
2) leveling my 1st Iris to cc50 (maybe cost reduce her because i have her sister camilla and fedora now)
3) get my 2nd iris or Camilla to cc40/50
4) get bernice cc40/50
5) get marius and yuyu to cc30/40 (maybe Cost reduce yuyu, would require cc all 3 yuyus)
6) level up fedora (or 2nd iris) to cc40/50
7) level my duelists of choice (too many duelists now q.q) (maybe my new thetis could be a good idea because valkyrie)

I look forward to chat with you guys again :3 missed you all :( <3

EDIT: also what about Marr? does she actually count as a healer or ....

lolix
05-31-2016, 05:35 PM
i guess you spent some SCs on premium summons , since i see some units that i haven't seen before (zenobia , tethis , camilla , lilia , victoria , adele and marr).

I would love to give you some actual new advice , but the cora strategy in leveling up your account , is still pretty much the same. You still go for a core composed of HAT + witches , duelists and mages. Sophie is still not a high priority .Difference being that you have more options right now.

So let's take it with the begining :

0. It's a good call. Spica is a very good archer. Between bashira , spica and victoria , you should have very little problems with ranged prowess. Problem with victoria is that she;s overshadowed by both spica and bashira , but she still is a good archer by herself

1. the difference between cc40 to cc50 is minimal in damage. Right now you can let bashira stand at cc40 , and try to raise some of the newer stuff.

2. Well , you could level her to 40 and let her stand there. again difference between 40 to 50 in heal is rather small , but the costs of leveling her up (both gold and stamina per level) start getting higher over level 40 , and considering u have a decent amount of units to level , you can come back later and level afer you made a decently high core team.

Also keep in mind that iris changes her skill after CC , so you might want to cc the copies first , then feed them to main Iris with 3 gold fairies for a massive boost in xp.

3. Get camilla cc-ed asap. Probably not right after iris , since you might need to level other stuff first , and having 2 cc-ed gold + healers is pointless if you actually lack tanks or units that actually do benefit from her heal. That being said , camilla is probably the best pure healer in the game right now , and she is quite a bit better then iris in the healing department...especially if she has a couple levels in her skill.

4. Yes. do get bernice cc-ed asap. Before camilla. SHe is a good tank. Habing healers without a tank is pointless. good call.

5. I actually like both yuyu and marius , and they are good units to level up. But i'd actually wait a bit now to level them up.

6. You can forget about fedora for a long long amount of time right now (untill skill awakening...and even then , dunno). Between camilla , iris , and potentially marr , you won't need fedora. There will be maps that will require 4 healers in the future , but that's going to take some time. Actually i'd level marr over fedora since she's a godsend on G dailies and poison maps. ALso while she is a weaker healer , she does heal 2 - 3 targets at once (3 after awakening i believe) , so she is more of a "sustain all team" healer , rather then a burst healer like camilla. She is better vs enemies that can aoe your team then bosses that can nuke a single target. For that you will have camilla

7. yes , you have a lot of GREAT duelists , and it's actually hard to chose. I'd personally go with tethis (and awaken her if possible since she becomes imune to paralizying effects) , then i'd level lilia since she's a great princess , and then lyla.
Somewhere in between i'd level sophie as well since she's a monster stat wise.

8. Mages. You already have garania which is a great mage. But i'd actually level mehlis over the 2 male gold mages , since she's better both stat wise , and her awakening (and eventually skill aw are way better). I'd actually level a zola as well , since she's a pretty decent unit and might help in G dailies.

9. Adele and zenobia. 2 good units. Adele is acutally really good after awakening since she gives all your units 10% extra hp just by being in your team. Zenobia is a plat soldier with very good stats , but she's more of a combat soldier. If u wanted pure utility , jerome is probablly better. If you want a soldier that can go and actually fight , she's your girl. Being a plat , also means that her skill cd is lower then katie , so i'd level her up when i have the time as well.

Now , let's take all that , and put them in order , as i would do it. Ofc , you can change the order if u feel like it , or you feel i'm wrong. This is just my opinion :

iris to cc40 then leave her there (since u need 4 levels anyway) >>>> bernice to cc40 >>>> adele cc40 >>>> camille cc40 >>> tethis cc40 >>> lilia 50-60 >>> marr cc40 >>> yuyu cc60 (assuming you want to pass war of magic to start farming black spirits for sophie) >>> cc40 sophie >>> AWakenings.

Any time you get enough DCs for spica , you get her , max her and awaken her asap...even over other units

Now , let's talk awakenings : spica (priority) , adele , bernice , marr, camille , tethis , katie , sophie , monica , etc. Everything outside of spica can be done in pretty much any order. I'd take the multiplicators first (like spica and adele or katie or bernice , because they buff other units. Units like monica or cellia for example will get better farming passives , so those might be useful as well. Other then that , just go with your basic core units first)

DyingShadow
05-31-2016, 05:52 PM
Yes i did spent some Crystals :3 had some leftovers at the end of the month too bad I didn't get a black unit tho :(

1) noticed and removed from list
2) changed to cc40 (5 levels to go) also yes i saw that with the skill, that is why i got the idea by seing my cc1 iris, working on current fairy event to get 3 golds)
3) "camilla is probably the best pure healer in the game right now" WOW!
4) swiched step 3 and 4!
5) removed from list for now (because i have cloris and marius for now, also i think Adele > Yuyu)
6) Marr added to list for cc40
7) Duelists to cc40 written down: Thetis -> Lilia -> lyla -> Sophie -> Imelia (i just want her q.q)
8) Added Mehlis to my list, tho Marius should be prior to that?
9) added Zenobia and Adele to the list for cc40

just saw your ordering... also i think awakening will be a looong time
for now List (follows) and keep this updated according to how it is going, trying to aim for everything cc40 on my list and try to get my iris cost reduced afterwards

0) Dcrystals for Spica (then cc40)
1) bernice to cc40
2) Iris to cc40
3) Camilla to cc40
4) Marr to cc40
5) Thetis zo cc40
6) yuyu to cc40
7) Lilia to 50
8) Lyla to cc40
9) Sophie to cc40,
10) Imelia to cc40
11) Mehlis or Marius to cc40
12) Adele and Zenobia to cc40

EDIT: fixed post

lolix
05-31-2016, 06:04 PM
that is a pretty good order , but i don't see the point of leveling 3 healers 1 after the other. You won't need 3 right away. That's why i spaced them a bit and adviced you to level other units between them.

Now yuyu vs adele....well , i've had this conversation before. DPS wise , adele is probably higher during skill....a bit lower otherwise , because yuyu is an elf (higher base attack damage and attack speed) - 427 attack at cc max level yuyu as oposed to 421 adele.
Now utility wise , adele will be better after awakening , and as i said during skill duration , but yuyu will let you pass war of magic (you need a witch with either insane dps , aka despara , or a witch with range increase like belinda or yuyu - an 1-2 levels in said skill as well - to help you pass it. Passing war of magic will give you access to farming black fairies for your sophie. Leveling blacks without fairies is a very costly bussiness. I can tell you from personal experience , as i had to level nanaly without black fairies).

In the end , both of them would be nice to have leveled up.

As for camilla , well....our black healer was supposed to be an event healer , but our original healer (black iris) was considered too loli to be in the game , so they replaced her with liana. Liana is sitll a decent healer , but she doesn;t really burst heals. She will be better on maps with monsters that can give your units abnormal status ailements to your army. But strictly speaking , in terms of burst healing , camilla far outheales liana during her skill duration.

ACtually chydis might be better then camille since her base attack is higher (again , elf unit) during her normal attack , but she gets less % increase during skill 1.4 as oposed to 1.7 , but also gets increased range. Considering she has higher base stats , even with less % increase , the amount she heals should be close to camille anyway , so there is that. Prblem with chydis is that she's a tp unit , and we haven't gotten a tp rotation in literally ages.

DyingShadow
05-31-2016, 06:07 PM
okay will go for Yuyu before Adele then, my Mehlis vs Marius question is still open tho, also will increase the space between Camilla and Marr, should possibly focus on Camilla?

lolix
05-31-2016, 06:17 PM
not sure actually. I've seen daily g maps done with iris and marr , but i don't have personal experience with marr , as opossed to camille , which i actually have. My awaken camille (around lvl 70) heals for example for 1.2k damage during her skill. ...which is more then the total life a spica has lol... Seeing that you already have an iris tho , you might prioritize marr over camille i guess...

Edit : i actually like marius , and again , he's also an elf. Elf units are generally glass cannons : aka they do a shitload of damage. On the other side , he's a guy , so harder to max aff , and aff bonus is just half of that of a female unit usually. He's still going to outdps mehlis i think , and he is a bit more versatile. Also you do have a pure mage in garania , so you should be okay going for marius right now. I think mehlis has a better AW (gets attack speed while amrius gets 15 range) , but as i said , u already have garania as a pure mage , and mehlis is not exactly your AW priority

DyingShadow
05-31-2016, 06:20 PM
i guess i can always just go for iris -> bernice -> thetis while waiting for some more people to check this thread, maybe someone has experience with both of them

EDIT: thank you since i have some time i'll see what happens with Marius and Mehlis, once i am that far on the list that is, will possibly level up both to 50 and see which one i like more / need more often both wont be AW targets for now anyways

lolix
05-31-2016, 06:22 PM
probably a better idea , yeah :)

switch
05-31-2016, 08:01 PM
I have made and Marius so I can't Chuck my 2 cents on this aha. Since you have the plat mage. Garina she boosts mages after awakening. So mehlis over Marius even tho he is plat. The damage difference is like 50. But mehlis range is God. As Mar. She is a god send in any map that does aoe damage. Or poison maps. Has poison on x and G are huge. She half's the damage and 70% less after awaken. Tho her heal for single targets taking damage is not great. She is a must for X and G maps. She solo heals on any x map and on demon crystal G.

lolix
05-31-2016, 08:26 PM
to be fair 7% extra damage from garania to 591 damage that aw mehlis has at level 80 is somewhere around 42 damage. Max level awakened Marius does 683 , so pure attack damage , he outdamages her even with or without garania's boost. The splash radius is the same , and as a bishop he has 10 base range more then mages , and his awakening gives him 15 more. That means he has a permanent 25 range over mehlis when mehlis doesn't uses skill

As an elf he also attacks faster then normal mages , but that's countered by the fact that mehlis also gets attack speed increase after AW.

This is how i see it : if you want a mage that can hit at a very far range for a couple of seconds , but hit for less for each hit , u go with mehlis. If you want a mage that will hit at a longer permanent range , but lower range during skill (well his skill actually heals , so it's not even a mage skill) , you go with marius.

Personally i think marius is better in terms of both dps , and versatility , but he;s also a plat so that means he's a bigger investition.That , and i know that mehlis gets a very very good Skill awakening eventually.....but untill then , he is prob going to have both maxed. In the end it depends on himself. Both are good mages to have anyway , so he can't go wrong

switch
05-31-2016, 08:35 PM
I still find mehlis more useful. I have both at max lvl cc. With mehlis skill lvl 4. She is cheaper. And I can either hit shit from very far. Or put her in a bad spot to free up another DPS spot. And during skill have her still hit shit

- - - Updated - - -

Let me put it like this. Using a current map. The March. He would have garina on the first mage slot. Now the second mage slot. He can put Marius. Which is fine he does his shit what ever. But if he puts mehlis. During skill he can hit the liches while they are being blocked right out the front.

lolix
05-31-2016, 08:41 PM
i believe awakened marius hits liches as well from the second spot. Also he can heal in case it's needed. Still mehlis is cheaper to cc and cheaper to deploy as well. It pretty much depends on him. As i said , he can't really go wrong with either choice

DyingShadow
05-31-2016, 11:16 PM
thanks you two! I'll possibly max out both directly after each other so it won't be that big of a deal, tho I think i prefer Marius because he can heal if required. With this conclusion i'll possibly level Marr over Camilla for now, since marius can potentionally be a single target healer for a short amount of time

switch
06-01-2016, 12:14 AM
Since having lvled iris and Camila. I haven't used Marius heal once.. between those 2 they can heal pretty much any damage in nutaku atm

DyingShadow
06-01-2016, 08:04 AM
Unit Update: I got some crystals again, wooooo, 3 black units... not sure if it changes too much tho, i sorted them by "receved" so everything over the spirits are new

http://puu.sh/pcL3N/87cc8cf84c.jpg
http://puu.sh/pcL4H/241c397f48.jpg

does that actually change anything? i don't think so (besides that i work on CR iris

soranokira
06-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Minerva the black pirate is a good roll, as well as princess Lilia. but I didnt keep track of what you needed. still, chances are that you would've benefit more by spending the last 10 SCs on charisma/sta refills to power level your units than rolling.

DyingShadow
06-01-2016, 09:13 AM
i actually wanted to use my last SCs on charisma refill, but after those 3 black units it was to tempting. so i kept going ._.

EDIT: was trying to get another good tank but neverlucky

lolix
06-01-2016, 10:27 AM
berna will become better after SAW. Right now she is...well a rogue , and they aren't that great in general. Minerva is a very good roll tho. She hits like a truck and also can assasinate stuff.

You have great units , but the problem is that having a 50 characters roster won't get you nowhere if you din't leveled them up.
As sora said , if you're willing to actually invest real money in the game , you could use a couple SCs to power level your account and your core team. Then use them to expand your baracks

DyingShadow
06-01-2016, 10:30 AM
used some to increase my unit slots to around 200 :) but yeah i should have done that, i got into the heat of the moment

lolix
06-01-2016, 10:39 AM
as for your other questions....it doesn't really change that much. You can replace 1 of the duelists with lilia if you want. She;s a good princess. Has weaker AW then sherry , but after SAW , she becomes 1 of the best pure duelists in the game. Still that's in the future , and her curent AW is rather meh.

Minerva is good , and i'd probably raise her before of sophie (still following the order i gave earlier) since she is a very good dps unit. I've had the oportunity to test drive her durince beatrice's event (since we got an npc version of her) and i was personally rather impressed with her , but other then that , i dunno what to say. Most people that have it say that she's a really good roll.

Regardless of her utility tho , u still need to level your core units first. Raising a tank , a second healer , a witch for war of magic , and getting some duelists up have a higher priority then raising a pirate IMO , especially a black 1 , since you wont have access to black fairies at will

switch
06-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Minerva is God.. if you get lucky and ever roll anelia you are laughing. My Minerva 1 shots demon eyes on G without skill

DyingShadow
06-02-2016, 09:08 PM
okay thanks will keep going and keep you guys updated :)

- - - Updated - - -

Since i am CCing a LOT of units and i also plan to CR units like Iris I need your help guys! Which maps are the best to farm gold fairies, platin fairies and later black fairies? which once have the highest drop rate? I am farming phalanx 2 for platin + gold but i only get 1 fairy like every 3-4 runs ... I didn't find any usefull information for that on the Web sadly

EDIT: also got spica now :3 working on ccing her right now

Also: I am running low on gold soonish... even tho i do the following:
Feed Iron units 1-30, Feed copper mage 1-40, Feed copper soldier (ability) to 40-50 (non-cc) saw that on one forum post here for exp/gold stuff
still seem to run low on it (also i have the 50% more gold for 20 days for 3 crystals)

EDIT: Fiery Oasis is what i farm for exp units, since Base scramble 1 is still too hard for me (and by that said, i am not able to reach Base Scramble 2 yet)

switch
06-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Dailys are best for fairy's ahah other then that. It's low cost battle 1: silver, gigantic enemy: gold, phalax 2:plat and gold is alright. It's just RNG and it shitty aha. When you start to run outta gold you gotta just start discharging irons and maybe even copper mages aha.

DyingShadow
06-02-2016, 09:48 PM
okay q.q so i got to take a little break from feeding spica (currently 39) and Thesis (currently 49) (both non-cc yet) with units and get some gold... i am down to 1600 more or less, well at least i got: Bernice, Iris and Bashia on cc40 now and i got 11 crystals left for leveling :3

switch
06-02-2016, 09:54 PM
What lvl are you?

DyingShadow
06-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Hero level thing is 113

EDIT: by "for leveling" i am talking about getting fooder units for my units ^^ i also make sure to not use a crystal when i am "about to hit a levelup"

switch
06-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Yeah I used SC at that point to aha cause 1 SC is fully used for a lvl up :P well with exp buff on anyway aha

DyingShadow
06-02-2016, 09:59 PM
yeah 1SC for around 350 charisma sounds fairly good if you hit level up again because of that then you get around 700 charisma just for using 1 SC, legit!

switch
06-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Don't forget at lvl 20 you will recharge stamina and it goes to 14 so make sure you're at 0 stamina when you lvl to 120

DyingShadow
06-02-2016, 10:03 PM
will keep that in mind, thank you!

switch
06-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Also always only do dessert missions if possible as they give the best exp. So if you are like 100 away from lvling it's till best to wait till 30 for oasis then to do a say 20 map

- - - Updated - - -

Put if you have to much charisma left over and are about to lvl. Do low exp dailys like demon crystals or do March.. no point wasting charisma aha

DyingShadow
06-02-2016, 10:06 PM
when i am missing like 60 charisma for level up i just relax and do something else (e.g. being here :P) but if i have like 120 stamina and i only need 30 for level up, i do the march for the fairies my total kill count is still fairly low

switch
06-02-2016, 10:08 PM
If you are buying SC anyway I would get the gold n exp buffs but only if your a spender aha. Cause if you think about it 20% is huge when you need like 24k exp like I do now aha

DyingShadow
06-02-2016, 10:09 PM
i am spending monthly (at the end of the month when i have leftovers) so yeah i have both boosts up and running :)

switch
06-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Ok fair enough :P

DyingShadow
06-02-2016, 10:11 PM
also i got the black healer and aisha, from yesterdays pull, but i will not mention them right now, got enough units to level up first <.< (spent 30 crystals, thefug happened? 2 blacks? well i got 2 assassin blacks before which were useless, so it is fair, right?)

EDIT: still no 2nd good tank FeelsBad

switch
06-02-2016, 10:13 PM
berna isnt useless aha rogues in general tho arent to best of units

Nero010
06-03-2016, 12:12 AM
Go buy a lottery ticket. The odds of getting a black out of a premium summon are 3%. For 30 SC spend 2 black units is an unbelivable low chance. Also getting the most op charakter existing in this entire game (and at least for like another year), aisha. Liana is extremly handy too. I know guys who played since half a year to one year and havent gotten a single black yet.
And just to clearify: every black unit is good, there is no such thing as a bad black unit, just some better then others. Honestly when i was a noob Cypria (the free plat rouge) and her assasination/dodge tanking carried me through all tough story missions.

EDIT: Looking at how many blacks u got i can just advice u once again. Buy a lottery ticket. Srsly i think u dont even realize what amazing luck you have :D

DyingShadow
06-03-2016, 12:25 AM
possibly i just have no use for some of them like the assassin, yes cypria carried me hard as well on most maps :D

Nero010
06-03-2016, 12:32 AM
Dont worry, you will find use for them at some point in the future. Maybe you should just think about laying down the Summon Hammer for a while and focus on leveling and stocking up gold (like 2 million) slowly, cause yeah... black units take a fuck ton to level up. Stacking gold cause of awakening (which costs a lot) and base summon (2k daily) for silver fodders to cc and later awaken. Especialy archers... geez archers...

You can spend those SC to farm Event Maps that got silvers u need to cc or awaken, to get more DC for Awaken or cost reducing Spica. Or to max out an Event unit. Lots of uses :/

DyingShadow
06-03-2016, 01:16 AM
yeah for now i'll focus on leveling the units i have

soranokira
06-03-2016, 04:34 AM
And just to clearify: every black unit is good, there is no such thing as a bad black unit, just some better then others. Honestly when i was a noob Cypria (the free plat rouge) and her assasination/dodge tanking carried me through all tough story missions.

EDIT: Looking at how many blacks u got i can just advice u once again. Buy a lottery ticket. Srsly i think u dont even realize what amazing luck you have :D

blacks are good for their classes by virtue of being black, but doesnt mean they can't be considered bad because of their class. berna is good for a rogue, and yes cypria let me clear RtR and castle retake easily, but rogues in general are a weak class based on RNG and not as reliable as other units.

DyingShadow
06-03-2016, 04:38 AM
some sorted unit update: http://puu.sh/pf7Ti/4c7c1aa684.jpg

soranokira
06-03-2016, 04:53 AM
some sorted unit update: http://puu.sh/pf7Ti/4c7c1aa684.jpg

The units (aside from the ones I told you in shoutbox for your subjugation) that you will want to level are the following:

top priority:
plat & blacks: Minerva - Adele - Camilla - Thetis - Garania - Spica - Marius - Lilia - Bashira
golds: Iris - yuyu - katie - bernice

middle priority:
plat & blacks: Sophie - Lyla - Marr - Claudia - Imelia - Zenobia
golds: Fedora - mehlis

low priority:
plats & blacks: Aisha - Liana - Hina - Waltz
golds: Zola

Male-only maps:
Julian - Garrett - Cyrus/Barbie - Vincent - Robert - Conrad

potentially useful (some of them are post-AW): (those that have not been mentioned above)
Victoria - Berna - Shizuka - Viera - Monica - Betty - Stella

not mentioned = more or less useless.

lolix
06-03-2016, 06:47 AM
meh...getting aisha is extremely lucky. She is a goddess of destruction. But you stiill have to level your core first. Still i can't imagine how buff your team will be after u awaken both aisha and adele...

Edit : Also , zenobia isn't a high priority. You will eventually need two soldiers , but katie can still do the job for most maps. Unless , we're really unlucky and we get some weird map that requires heavy up generation , or has some crappy early rushes , you won't really need 2 soldiers asap. Just raise your other stuff first . You will have time for her.

Edit 2 : you can probably replace camilla with marr in prioriy seeing that you have a decently level iris , and try to start going X maps of dailies>if you don't care about dailies , camilla might be better then.

Edit 3: Garret is a crap tank. Bernard (the silver) is better in pure tanking capabilities then him for example. If you want to raise a tank for male maps , that can also be used a secondary tank on other maps , you're better of going with the silver. I guess garret can work as a sort of offtank , and to be fair , male maps tend to be rather easier in general , so you might not need a specialized tank for thenm. Up to you.

Edit 4 : when you have time , i'd try to cr yuyu since she is a very cheap (and her awakening makes her even cheaper ) witch. Having cheap witches is rather good. Well...i wouldn't rush to awaken her yet...not over adele anyway , but i'd level and cc her first for war of magic. You will need yuyu to pass it to be able to farm black spirits for your team. Actually yuyu might have gone up in priority a bit because of that. Keep in mind that yuyu changes her skill after cr btw. Also if u decide too cr , use her with 3 gold spirits for a big amount of xp to your main unit

DyingShadow
06-03-2016, 07:03 AM
I will not focus on male maps for now, i guess i want to get my core done, I got spicia cc40 and camilla cc30 (which is both not stated in the update) also if you want to chat a bit, i hang out in the gerneral chat thing in the forum homepage :3

EDIT: i need to cc all yuyus for that first because of the skill i guess

IvanLedah21
06-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Just offering my opinions on some of the units I have that you have but some others here don't:

Sophie: as some have said, downright massive stats and a fantastic lich lightning rod but takes a lot of leveling, and skill raising to become a reliable blocker due to only blocking during skill. Angels are a timed blocker (a "gatekeeper" if you will) where you let certain enemies that should be burned down by ranged dps pass and then activate skill to wreck trash, if you know liches are incoming make sure to drop her last to give her target priority. Without skill leveling she is a lightning rod and a "one and done" blocker

Marr: GOD I LOVE HER lol she is a godsend for the dailies since all but Toast to Men have poison and she cuts that by half (75% after AW), heals 2 units at a time (3 after AW) and all units in range during skill (which buffs her attack AND range), plus AW gives her MORE range which also benefits from range boost during skill. You also have Iris and Camilla for single target healing and since you have Mehlis and Garania I'd honestly drop Marius down in the priority tier. He's a hybrid mage/healer and you've gotten potent units for both. Yeah he hits hard and has massive range after AW but unless certain maps are tight on what units you can bring (like you can't spare room for an extra healer AND an extra mage) I think he can wait for later. Mehlis during skill matches his range, Garania nukes half the map during skill (wish I had her lol)

Aisha: She takes a ton of investment since she really shines only after AW though if you get her skill level up she'll destroy just post-CC. Smashing 5 enemies at once with a huge boost to attack and a moderate range boost is pretty damn deadly, especially with that fairly low cost.

Zola: Physical mage that turns magical during skill. She's great against enemies that have MR to reduce your mages' damage, like the flying eyes in Crystal Keeper (Thursday daily) but I've found she gets wrecked by mobs in CK X without lots of heal support, mainly due to being a Gold. I haven't AW her yet though so maybe after I do and level her that issue will be gone.

Conclusion: I mostly agree with Sora's priority list, except I'd honestly drop Marius down a rank or two due to the presence of Iris, Camilla and Marr for healing and Mehlis and Garania for nuking. He is certainly a powerhouse in his own right, though Trust is much harder to raise than Affection seeing as you get a few free presents a month, the rest come from the Wednesday daily.

DyingShadow
06-03-2016, 08:42 AM
thank you a lot for your statement! I want to cc marr after yuyu and yeah i skip marius for now

soranokira
06-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Conclusion: I mostly agree with Sora's priority list, except I'd honestly drop Marius down a rank or two due to the presence of Iris, Camilla and Marr for healing and Mehlis and Garania for nuking. He is certainly a powerhouse in his own right, though Trust is much harder to raise than Affection seeing as you get a few free presents a month, the rest come from the Wednesday daily.

Marius is there as a mage since males in general have higher base stats to make up for their poor trust bonus. in other words, males are great when you're lacking affection items.

lolix
06-03-2016, 11:16 AM
he also outdpses mehlis with or without garania's buffs and has more reliable range as well post awakening . As an elf he also has higher attack and attack speed.

tazzz666
06-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Who would be considered the best platinum mage?
How do the bishops compare?

soranokira
06-05-2016, 07:14 PM

best plat mage by dmm standards = mordrebete. after that would probably be sasha. however, they dont compare to the black mage nor the bishops, and patra is pretty much the best non-black mage/bishop.

lolix
06-05-2016, 07:24 PM

To answer your question , sasha and marius are dps wise on our version. Garania if multiple enemies are spread on a bigger area

IvanLedah21
06-06-2016, 08:24 AM
Marius is there as a mage since males in general have higher base stats to make up for their poor trust bonus. in other words, males are great when you're lacking affection items.

Fair enough, I'm not trying to argue with you, Sora. You have a LOT more experience with this game than me, lol. Especially since I haven't seen DMM version. My recommendation to move Marius down in priority is based on the fact he's got a lot on his plate already, has leveled healers and mages and IMO Marr's multi-healing and field effect reduction would be more useful addition in the short-term than Marius' extra damage. Though if TC is leveling lots of units he might be short on affection items due to not having stamina or charisma to spare on gift daily/challenge missions, in which case Marius might be better priority anyways. Marius also costs more than Mehlis to deploy, and AW Mehlis should have comparable attack speed (obviously damage output and range outside skill are lower though so trade-off there) while having cost advantage

soranokira
06-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Fair enough, I'm not trying to argue with you, Sora. You have a LOT more experience with this game than me, lol. Especially since I haven't seen DMM version. My recommendation to move Marius down in priority is based on the fact he's got a lot on his plate already, has leveled healers and mages and IMO Marr's multi-healing and field effect reduction would be more useful addition in the short-term than Marius' extra damage. Though if TC is leveling lots of units he might be short on affection items due to not having stamina or charisma to spare on gift daily/challenge missions, in which case Marius might be better priority anyways. Marius also costs more than Mehlis to deploy, and AW Mehlis should have comparable attack speed (obviously damage output and range outside skill are lower though so trade-off there) while having cost advantage

well, thing is, you need to look at pre-AW (or preferably, cc50). at the moment, he only has 1 mage (garania). therefore, he needs another mage. marius was not a healer replacement, but a mage replacement. so that brings it down to marius vs mehlis. marius has higher base damage than mehlis without needing trust (should be higher than plat mages as well), which is why I recommended marius.

just justifying my point, and I'd say experience doesnt count for everything here; logical analysis and argument counts for more. lolix who started around the same time as me, and whom I almost always disagree with, made a fair point about katie being mostly enough for soldier use, and considering that he has finished leveling katie to a decent level, I opt'd to shift zenobia down to middle priority. Zenobia is still a better soldier than katie, but leveling her atm wouldnt probably be high priority exactly.

lolix
06-06-2016, 02:49 PM
lolix started playing before you. His first account was made in the very first day of the release of aigis. He just took a rather big break till a couple weeks before odettes event , when he made a new account. And as i recall , lolix was 1 of the first giving newbie help to sora , alongside lafate and tenhou :p

Tenhou
06-06-2016, 03:51 PM
lolix started playing before you. His first account was made in the very first day of the release of aigis. He just took a rather big break till a couple weeks before odettes event , when he made a new account. And as i recall , lolix was 1 of the first giving newbie help to sora , alongside lafate and tenhou :p

The child grew! And by the looks of it took more from me/lafate than from lolix considering whom tends to argue with whom :rolleyes:

lolix
06-06-2016, 04:04 PM
with shame , i kinda disagree on this one. i'd say he takes more from me then from you ten. Generally people with similar characters tend to argue more. I wish he was more like his mom tho :p

DyingShadow
06-06-2016, 04:18 PM
i got no clue what you are talking about guys and tenhou ^^

soranokira
06-06-2016, 07:51 PM
in all honesty I believe I learnt more conversing with charles and exk. still took awhile of experience and getting used to things before I learnt how to make better unit analysis. was definitely too shallow last year. starting on DMM helped a lot.

edit: lafate's guides probably helped the most though, with all the grinding spots and SC use.

lolix
06-06-2016, 08:04 PM
which is why you sometimes make the same mistake they make , and tend to ignore the curent state of afairs and think way into the future , and consider units , maps or events we're not even sure if we will ever get or not.

I know how playing on different accounts can sometimes dilute the barriers between versions for you , since you interact with both what we have , and what we are supposed to get in the future ( at time , even i forget that my accounts are separate , and just include both as a single entity when talking about my army ).

For example , telling a newbie that the black mages are not even close to a random plat mage that we don't even have yet , is just going to confuse said newbie more then it's going to help him

It's always good to know what to expect from the future , but sometimes you have to stick to the basics :)

soranokira
06-06-2016, 08:17 PM
which is why you sometimes make the same mistake they make , and tend to ignore the curent state of afairs and think way into the future , and consider units , maps or events we're not even sure if we will ever get or not.

I know how playing on different accounts can sometimes dilute the barriers between versions for you , since you interact with both what we have , and what we are supposed to get in the future ( at time , even i forget that my accounts are separate , and just include both as a single entity when talking about my army ).

For example , telling a newbie that the black mages are not even close to a random plat mage that we don't even have yet , is just going to confuse said newbie more then it's going to help him

It's always good to know what to expect from the future , but sometimes you have to stick to the basics :)

otoh, I feel you dont think into the future enough, underestimating the usefulness of a ranged melee for example, especially when a couple of those events that will be helpful with one are pretty close. also, he never specified so I didnt know whether he was a newbie or not, and whether he cared about future units or not. for the record, black mage estelle is superior to all plats by a wide margin, and given that marius is nutaku's ONLY bishop, it's not even a competition.

lolix
06-06-2016, 08:27 PM
And you're taking things out of context....again. I didn't underestimated ranged on melee slots at all. I said that saki is a big investment that newbies shouldn't make blindly. Saki being a single unit , of a class that is not the only ranged on melee class in the game either.

If you re-read said entire argument , i didn't said she's a bad unit. I said that she's a rather good unit stat-wise , but she costs a crapload to aquire , and therefore is not a priority for a newbie account. Also , she costs more to field then a duelists, and while her AW makes her quite a bit more accesible , well you are also required to awaken her.

I don't think those are not fair points to make in regards of a unit that a lot of newbies would want to aquire simply because she's a black. Yes , she is good to have....when you don't have other priorities. Especially since her class is still a niche class , and there aren't that many maps that are do or die without a ranged on melee class. Newbies should have other priorities.

IvanLedah21
06-07-2016, 07:05 AM
well, thing is, you need to look at pre-AW (or preferably, cc50). at the moment, he only has 1 mage (garania). therefore, he needs another mage. marius was not a healer replacement, but a mage replacement. so that brings it down to marius vs mehlis. marius has higher base damage than mehlis without needing trust (should be higher than plat mages as well), which is why I recommended marius.

just justifying my point, and I'd say experience doesnt count for everything here; logical analysis and argument counts for more. lolix who started around the same time as me, and whom I almost always disagree with, made a fair point about katie being mostly enough for soldier use, and considering that he has finished leveling katie to a decent level, I opt'd to shift zenobia down to middle priority. Zenobia is still a better soldier than katie, but leveling her atm wouldnt probably be high priority exactly.

Ah, for some reason I thought he had Mehlis leveled already when I was writing that post. I guess then it comes down to cost (both gold to level and UP) vs output. Marius obviously has way higher output, especially since he doesn't need trust to improve as much as Mehlis needs Affection to improve, and she only catches up in range during skill. Certain maps he might need the cheaper mage in Mehlis but if UP isn't an issue (and gold for leveling, given all the units he has to level), then Marius is hands-down the better choice.

I've only been playing for a year or so I think, I know I missed Aria (*sad face*) and by the time I started Bashira was your first summon instead of a temporary TP unit. I've spent a fair amount on this game to get the units I have at the level I have (just Awakened Aisha this morning =D) but I still have plenty to learn, and I have no clue about future events and what sort of units will be needed. Still like to give my opinions on units that I have, but as far as planning for future events, idk what's to come.

DyingShadow
06-10-2016, 03:31 AM
That is the current point of units:
http://puu.sh/pnwkW/7b41a70f91.jpg
http://puu.sh/pnwlJ/1c3ada571c.jpg

EDIT: I've come a damn long way! Thanks to you guys :)

DyingShadow
07-04-2016, 04:28 AM
Since there are no events for now, i am still working on my stuff, as it seems i even get another week <.< WOOOOO well here is the update: 3 weeks of work as it seems

http://puu.sh/pPN0d/38fa3e6113.jpg

http://puu.sh/pPN19/a58b4c898f.jpg

feel free to comment and stuff :3

Legendary Unregistered
07-04-2016, 03:18 PM
So, my recomendation is that you start to level up key units for the next event, specially being a star one. Good thing that you already have at least three AoE Magic damage, because that will be important for G map. You can find some videos on wiki. Looks like 3rd witch can help (Adele) and probably a 4th or 5th healer for the 70/6 map. http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/Daughter_of_the_King_of_the_Dead#Video_Guides

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, some more levels on Marius/Zola may be very handy too

DyingShadow
07-05-2016, 09:41 AM
yeah my problem is i do not have CC-fooders for those lv 50 units i have (missing witches and heavy armors) but i'll definitly level up my units more thanks for the link it is very helpfull! i can now prepare for the event i hope to get all 21 stars (even tho i doubt i get them all xD)

DyingShadow
07-27-2016, 03:17 PM
Unit Update: First Awakening!
http://puu.sh/qgEJp/d48804a2fb.jpg
http://puu.sh/qgF0w/0f9589ed4d.jpg
http://puu.sh/qgEYA/6921da31c6.jpg

how are you guys doing tho? anyone of you still alive? :3

IvanLedah21
07-28-2016, 07:03 AM
I'm alive and playing, since we've got breaks upon breaks, I'm kind of focused on being able to 3* the Daily G maps, and the new Eastern Kingdom (though tbh I haven't tried those since before the Memento event when I 1*d then and got completion silver due to 1.5x drop rate). Honestly feel like my team proves strategy triumphs over units, because with the units I have I should be able to stomp every map in the game lol

Roster:
Blacks:
AW: Aisha, Despara, Minerva, Nanaly, Sophie, Sybilla
Non AW'd: Berna, Deine, Saki, Farne, Olivie

Platinum:
AW: Camilla, Jerome, Marr, Marius, Uzume, Spica, Gellius, Cellia, Adele, Sherry
Non AW'd: Rika, Shuka, Memento, Waltz, Marnie, Bashira, Claudia, Cypria, Elizabeth, Victoria, Momiji, Azami, Lyla, Lilia, Shizuka, Sabinne, Rachel, Thetis, Garania, Liddy, Beatrice, Akane

Gold:
AW: Monica, Mehlis, Cuteria, Katie, Bernice, Yuyu
Non AW'd: Zola, Shao, Themis, Kerry, Stella, Cloris

Might have missed a few, but the blacks and AW plats say I really ought to be breezing through the missions we have here on Aigis if I got my brain working better lol. Honestly, a big issue is probably cost, since those units are hard to CR and cost more by nature. The premium units I'm missing and would love to get are Mikoto, Anelia, Flamel and Zenobia, but with the above roster I don't think I have much right to complain lol

lolix
07-28-2016, 07:21 AM
thats like playing on cheat mode :p

Still very strong army. that being said , i'm alive and well as well , and congratz on your first AW

DyingShadow
09-06-2016, 03:29 AM
Time for another Update! I lost track on what i focus on right now or want to focus, BUT i got Bashia AW now so i think i am doing good

Unit Progress:
http://puu.sh/r1Ibs/63cb0d5781.jpg
http://puu.sh/r1Ica/cbcc0283e0.jpg

so yeah, here I am, also i got 24 Stars on the current Event!

Question: Would I prefer using Viera or Hina for Ranged Unit Melee Spot?
2nd one: Would I prefer using Thetis or Emelia as a Duellist? Emilia costs 3 less but Thetis just feels so much stronger (even tho she is like 20 levels lower...) (Solved, Answered by Overload)
3rd one: Would Elva be a suitable 2nd Tank or something similar to that?

IvanLedah21
09-06-2016, 06:58 AM
Time for another Update! I lost track on what i focus on right now or want to focus, BUT i got Bashia AW now so i think i am doing good

Unit Progress:
http://puu.sh/r1Ibs/63cb0d5781.jpg
http://puu.sh/r1Ica/cbcc0283e0.jpg

so yeah, here I am, also i got 24 Stars on the current Event!

Question: Would I prefer using Viera or Hina for Ranged Unit Melee Spot?
2nd one: Would I prefer using Thetis or Emelia as a Duellist? Emilia costs 3 less but Thetis just feels so much stronger (even tho she is like 20 levels lower...) (Solved, Answered by Overload)
3rd one: Would Elva be a suitable 2nd Tank or something similar to that?

Hina vs. Viera isn't actually a direct comparison. Viera, as a Sailor, is a gatekeeper, you activate her skill to deliberately let specific enemies pass, not to do ranged damage (though if you have, say, an AW Heavy in front of her, it's not a bad idea since it's unlikely you'd need her block at that point) while Hina is a ninja, constant range damage. If your focus for this choice is ranged melee, Hina wins easily since Viera only has range during skill.

2nd question was answered? Well, hoping answer was Thetis because she obliterates Emilia in every category except during skill (and cost, obviously) and her AW ability, while niche, helps a ton when that niche is relevant

3rd: Elva's cost is rather prohibitive without using Reinforcement Soldiers, and maybe Valkyrie UP ramp on top of that, but she's a monster if you can deploy her consistently when you need the 2nd tank.

If you're looking for where to focus, I'd HIGHLY recommend pushing Aisha to 80 and AW her for that lovely Team HP Up, since she's already 78. Adele would be next, for a smaller HP Up boost that stacks with Aisha's, followed by either Katie or Zenobia (I'd go with Z since she's stronger fighter, can use Call for Reinforcements earlier, and Katie's 2% Defense Up team boost isn't much of a difference except on tanks like Bernice and Elva). Probably raise Minerva, Sophie and Elva with your black spirit/platinum armor combos if those are available. Lilia and Imelia are good choices for dueling, Lilia's already waiting to be AW, and Imelia's at CC50 so not too bad either.

kayfabe
09-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Elva is an expensive tweener but post Awakening she becomes everything Garrett wanted to be when he grew up. She can fill the role and while there's objectively tougher units to kill out there I'd expect that to be less of an issue on a team that will eventually have access to Adele, Aisha and Celia buffs. Imelia will end up with a hilarious amount of hps on your team someday.

DyingShadow
09-06-2016, 10:18 AM
@IvanLedah21
thanks for your answer! Yes Thetis is the choice of duellist, while Emilia seems to fit her niche at rush maps
i guess i'll level up hina and viera while they both are on different niches, i just thought for maps where you (at least temporary) want a melee-ranged unit i'd use Viera instead while she has a much higher Atk, then i now realize i got to wait for skill activation....
I am currently working on getting aisha to 80, i am missing the awaken fooder units and Demon Crystals tho. Same for Lilia, no awaken spirit and missing 1 orb. Adele is my next focus to max level after Aisha i suppose, her buff would be pretty nice. Not sure if I want to use Adele + Memento + Yuyu tho... but Memento might be the situational replacement for Adele or yuyu depending on map anyways.....
I never use Kathie anymore since Zenobia is CCed to be fair, pretty much my "2nd soldier if i need a lot of UPs" I really love Imelia!!!! she is just super cute, too bad she has no CR at all >..< BUT i will AW her anyways, because she is just super nice <3 Still trying to figure out a good 15 Unit core for "daily mapping" tho i still have to try out what will be the most reliable/powerfull combination in the end

@kayfabe
seems good, Elva will be my 2nd tank then, also yeah Imelia will be halarious once i get all the buffs :O

IvanLedah21
09-06-2016, 12:09 PM
@IvanLedah21
thanks for your answer! Yes Thetis is the choice of duellist, while Emilia seems to fit her niche at rush maps
i guess i'll level up hina and viera while they both are on different niches, i just thought for maps where you (at least temporary) want a melee-ranged unit i'd use Viera instead while she has a much higher Atk, then i now realize i got to wait for skill activation....
I am currently working on getting aisha to 80, i am missing the awaken fooder units and Demon Crystals tho. Same for Lilia, no awaken spirit and missing 1 orb. Adele is my next focus to max level after Aisha i suppose, her buff would be pretty nice. Not sure if I want to use Adele + Memento + Yuyu tho... but Memento might be the situational replacement for Adele or yuyu depending on map anyways.....
I never use Kathie anymore since Zenobia is CCed to be fair, pretty much my "2nd soldier if i need a lot of UPs" I really love Imelia!!!! she is just super cute, too bad she has no CR at all >..< BUT i will AW her anyways, because she is just super nice <3 Still trying to figure out a good 15 Unit core for "daily mapping" tho i still have to try out what will be the most reliable/powerfull combination in the end

@kayfabe
seems good, Elva will be my 2nd tank then, also yeah Imelia will be halarious once i get all the buffs :O

A few points on this:
1) Memento isn't meant to be a general dps unit, her niche is when you want her skeletons as either bait dolls (like with the flying monsters in the newer East Kingdom maps since they have ranged attack they can MELT your ranged units if they aren't distracted) or as disposable fodder to slow down a unit that can't be blocked normally (this event's Hell map is an example, you do NOT want to block the pig demon with halved Attack and Defense when he's got 5k attack), for general magic damage you want witches (Adele/Yuyu for you), Rear Guard (Aisha) or Mages (Garania, Marius and maybe Mehlis if you want one a bit cheaper)

2) If you're planning on using Elva as a 2nd tank, you should note her stats are comparable to Shuka's but with MUCH higher HP and some MR, while Shuka has about 9 lower cost, so you should NOT think of her as a direct HA replacement, more of a offensive duelist that has a block of 2. Her attack speed is faster than Princesses, Bandits, Samurai and HAs without skill and gets ridiculous during skill (she attacks slightly more than twice as fast as Claudia with skill active) so even though her stats are on par to characters like Shuka and Momiji, her damage will be higher due to faster attack speed. But again, do NOT think of her as a tank with lots of staying power, because she isn't.

My recommendations for the daily X maps (can't see you handling any of the G maps right now except POSSIBLY Crystal Keeper):
Core: Zenobia, Aisha, Bernice, Spica, Bashira, Minerva, Garania, Marr, Camilla, Iris (potentially drop a healer once you're comfy)
Golden Armor: + Yuyu, Adele, Marius/Mehlis, Lilia
Spirit Rescue: + Leo (Bronze Soldier), Katie, Thetis/Emilia, Berna (emergency drop if a wolf gets away), Cellia (drop rate up)
Skyfallen gift: +Cuterie (Drop rate up), Mehlis/Marius, Yuyu, Zola, ditch Bernice (can't deploy melee)
Toast to Men: You're screwed with your current roster. Sorry.
Crystal Keeper: + Zola, Mehlis/Marius, Anelia

Note that some of the units here are going to need more levels (like Zola and especially Anelia, Leo too if you do use him, I prefer CR Phyllis myself)

DyingShadow
09-06-2016, 01:35 PM
I do all the G maps, Derp derp besides Spirit Rescue, that one is still meh.. (also, fuck Toast to Men, i got some golds in my baracks (male units) but i just feel like those maps are waste of time and stamina/charisma right now) Internet Video Guides for the win <3 But yeah Elva will be more like an offensiv duelist, but she will be a "replacement" for a 2nd HA for now, since i simply do not have a 2nd

IvanLedah21
09-06-2016, 06:59 PM
I do all the G maps, Derp derp besides Spirit Rescue, that one is still meh.. (also, fuck Toast to Men, i got some golds in my baracks (male units) but i just feel like those maps are waste of time and stamina/charisma right now) Internet Video Guides for the win <3 But yeah Elva will be more like an offensiv duelist, but she will be a "replacement" for a 2nd HA for now, since i simply do not have a 2nd

Oh, so you already complete the G maps thanks to internet video guides? Cool, I underestimated the power of the internet lol XD
As long as you understand Elva's limitations as a tank, you should be fine. Very few instances atm where you need a 2nd legit tank anyways.

kayfabe
09-06-2016, 11:14 PM
Memento isn't meant to be a general dps unit
Yeah, Memento is one of those cases where her stat screen doesn't tell the whole story--her attack speed is comically slow so she ends up bringing very little to the table in dps. Plus, it must be understood that even if she did witch level dps it still wouldn't be that impressive without the slow effect or heavy token use. Witches only get by because they're so cheap to deploy and the good ones bring a nice smattering of utility to the table--slows are nice on maps where you'd rather shoot the fatties than tank them, Yuyu can greatly ease wall of magic and Adele brings a global buff to the table. Just smacking things around like Cloris is a quick trip to the bench.

2) But again, do NOT think of her as a tank with lots of staying power, because she isn't.

It depends on how you look at it/where you draw the line since with current content the role of off-tank is typically far less intense than that of primary tank. I often get away with using a CC50 Garrett in that role and many people understandably consider the poor dude's attribute distribution to be a dumpster fire. Basically, tanking is often about reaching certain thresholds in Aigis War and 3k health/450+ armor is about where units become sturdy enough to throw down with a pissed off Mummy King. Honestly, I think the biggest argument against considering Elva for a secondary tank role is that so much of her durability gain comes only after being Awakened. That's a big investment for a role that can often be just barely be filled by Leeanne. She's kind of in the same boat as Momiji--more viable/bulky than people often imply but not really a standout, either. At least her skill is better though.

DyingShadow
09-07-2016, 05:08 AM
i see thanks to both of you, i'll keep that in mind when using elva.

IvanLedah21
09-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Yeah, Memento is one of those cases where her stat screen doesn't tell the whole story--her attack speed is comically slow so she ends up bringing very little to the table in dps. Plus, it must be understood that even if she did witch level dps it still wouldn't be that impressive without the slow effect or heavy token use. Witches only get by because they're so cheap to deploy and the good ones bring a nice smattering of utility to the table--slows are nice on maps where you'd rather shoot the fatties than tank them, Yuyu can greatly ease wall of magic and Adele brings a global buff to the table. Just smacking things around like Cloris is a quick trip to the bench.

It depends on how you look at it/where you draw the line since with current content the role of off-tank is typically far less intense than that of primary tank. I often get away with using a CC50 Garrett in that role and many people understandably consider the poor dude's attribute distribution to be a dumpster fire. Basically, tanking is often about reaching certain thresholds in Aigis War and 3k health/450+ armor is about where units become sturdy enough to throw down with a pissed off Mummy King. Honestly, I think the biggest argument against considering Elva for a secondary tank role is that so much of her durability gain comes only after being Awakened. That's a big investment for a role that can often be just barely be filled by Leeanne. She's kind of in the same boat as Momiji--more viable/bulky than people often imply but not really a standout, either. At least her skill is better though.

I hate Cloris, to me she's pretty much useless with Yuyu, Adele and Despara around, since like you said she gets nothing special (assassination chance we all know is unreliable, Yuyu is cheaper with higher attack that you can count on and Range Up helps with maps like War of Magic, and Adele and Despara... not even close.

Good point on the durability thresholds, and I DID mention that the need for a 2nd legit tank is rare. Using her as an offensive off-tank is reasonable in most cases. The AW durability comes from the Paladin class passive, right? Though to be fair, replacing Leanne with her means you don't need ranged support to actually kill said mobs lol. Like you say, it depends on if you're thinking of her as a tank (which she isn't) or an off-tank with more offense than most units that might be used as such (like Leanne)

kayfabe
09-07-2016, 11:19 AM
The passive helps but I mostly meant the raw stat upgrade, particularly that 49% increase in Defense. Dark Knights and Heavy Armor both get hit with UP increases post Awakening but they do appear to get an extra half scoop of stats in exchange. It's part of why I've been one of the people who favors Awakening Bernice before Iris--the latter unit is deployed more often but her benefit from Awakening is somewhat marginal compared to the boosts tank classes get. You don't always need bulky tanks but when you do they really make their presence felt.

IvanLedah21
09-07-2016, 11:35 AM
The passive helps but I mostly meant the raw stat upgrade, particularly that 49% increase in Defense. Dark Knights and Heavy Armor both get hit with UP increases post Awakening but they do appear to get an extra half scoop of stats in exchange. It's part of why I've been one of the people who favors Awakening Bernice before Iris--the latter unit is deployed more often but her benefit from Awakening is somewhat marginal compared to the boosts tank classes get. You don't always need bulky tanks but when you do they really make their presence felt.

Ah, yeah, looking at her stats, she loses 3 defense when she AW but at AW90 she's up by 151 points, with 613 extra HP to go with it.
As for AW Iris, her "heal-bomb" is nice but beyond that the stat gap is minimal until she gets to really high levels after AW, so I can see AW HAs first. It should be noted that for HAs though, they really NEED that extra defense since they pick up an extra block as well.

DyingShadow
09-08-2016, 06:08 AM
well for now she is a 2-block dmg-tank :3 :D

Nero010
09-08-2016, 01:11 PM

"The Passive helps" is a cute say for gaining (propably) 230 defence capped at 50% hp, from a passive. Sure i get what u mean but its half of her pay, the other half her raw stat gain. And in all honesty. Awakining is long enough around at nutaku aigis already that awakening isnt that much a deal to do anymore once ur core HAT and maybe sherry is awakened.
Me myself is a free player that plays since 4 months and im at a maxcc team with 6 AW Units leveled to 53(gold) 61(plat) and i still have 10 plat armors laying around from the last 2-3 events. Just dont have enough fairys. Im just always waiting for the DCs for awakening fairys pretty much.

IvanLedah21
09-08-2016, 02:47 PM
"The Passive helps" is a cute say for gaining (propably) 230 defence capped at 50% hp, from a passive. Sure i get what u mean but its half of her pay, the other half her raw stat gain. And in all honesty. Awakining is long enough around at nutaku aigis already that awakening isnt that much a deal to do anymore once ur core HAT and maybe sherry is awakened.
Me myself is a free player that plays since 4 months and im at a maxcc team with 6 AW Units leveled to 53(gold) 61(plat) and i still have 10 plat armors laying around from the last 2-3 events. Just dont have enough fairys. Im just always waiting for the DCs for awakening fairys pretty much.

The issue with passives like those of Paladins and Avengers is the fact that heal support will continually push them out of their buffed state, but if you don't give them heal support they'll die (Avengers much sooner than Paladins, obviously). Thus they are generally in their buffed state only for like 20% of the time tops (you could find ways to heal them more slowly but quickly enough they're not likely to die, such as regeneration from AW Sophie/Farne, but that's not as accessible nor reliable). So the boost is huge while it is there, it's just not there very often.

kayfabe
09-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Plus, without the extra defense she gets from Awakening in the first place the passive bonus would be considerably smaller on top of being conditional. Anyway, the passive isn't bad at all compared to what many characters get, it's just hard to quantify because it's effectively like having extra sustain--it conditionally increases Elva's longevity but in a manner that doesn't impact her peak effective health. It's yet another thing that encourages people to think of her as an off-tank/bulky dps rather than an adamantium doorstop--she's better at hanging in there and murdering trash/fast attackers with minimal support than she is at staying in on one hit knockout artists.

IvanLedah21
09-09-2016, 06:44 AM
Plus, without the extra defense she gets from Awakening in the first place the passive bonus would be considerably smaller on top of being conditional. Anyway, the passive isn't bad at all compared to what many characters get, it's just hard to quantify because it's effectively like having extra sustain--it conditionally increases Elva's longevity but in a manner that doesn't impact her peak effective health. It's yet another thing that encourages people to think of her as an off-tank/bulky dps rather than an adamantium doorstop--she's better at hanging in there and murdering trash/fast attackers with minimal support than she is at staying in on one hit knockout artists.

There you go! That's what I was getting at, stated much more cleanly! ;)
Yeah, due to needing to be under a threshold (50% I believe) she fails against those ridiculous 5k attack enemies so she's no super-tank but "bulky dps"... I like that way of putting it =D
And the defense increase from AW certainly does make the passive bonus MUCH more worthy of mention, even if she's still no proper tank.

Nero010
09-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Of course shes not a tank and i never ever looked at her as one. Makes no sense. I think of her passive differently and can only tell everyone to look at it this way instat how u did it until now. Your right that she wont be having this extra defence for long. The thing is... stats dont matter if u dont need them. 1500 Defence is awesome. Do we need it? No. So it actualy isnt even awesome (yet).
What do we want for a frontline fighter? That they dont die. How does elva achiev not to die? When her HP drop (even if just by 10% from one hit) her defense increases. As lower her health gets (as more dangerous the situation gets) as more she can take UNTIL the healer can heal her up again. Its not about having monster stats. Its about not dieing until ur healer can heal u again. Thus reducing the damage you take by pretty huge amount once u get lower makes it a lot easier for the healer to heal up the unit again. The damage Elva recievescan be much easier outhealed then for other duelists who would die because the healer cant outheal the damage and you watch your duelist drop 200hp with every hit that your healer cannot compansate. While Elva in those situations gets befier, takes less damage, gets healed up by more then she took and can continue fighting. It makes her a lot more DURABLE. Not a Tank whos supposed to just take god like strikes, shes never been build for that. Like u say, if the boost is there its huge, its just not there very often - it is always there when she needs it.
She seems to suite her role pretty well on paper if you think about it.

IvanLedah21
09-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Yeah, in all honesty, a lot of the maps we have now, you could probably drop her on one path with NO heal support and keep her healed with just regeneration effects like AW Sophie/Farne and "Healbombs" from AW Iris, Camilla and Liana. Those, combined with her increasing bulk, would keep her up on the majority of maps we have (since her offense is good enough to kill a lot of stuff before it gets very many hits on her). The bulk we're talking about when we say "legit tank" is rarely needed in our current state of game (and we've got Bernice, Gellius and Deine for that, with the "gimmick tank" Karma an option for players who have been around long enough; Sophie's an option too though even if she doesn't die she can only tank for 30 seconds max due to Angel mechanics)

Unregistered
09-09-2016, 06:25 PM
You have to realize units are all on one huge spectrum, not static points like tank, off tank and dps. She will have her moments but I don't think she gets much use due to how narrow her application is (reasonable dmg and tank stats, expensive to deploy even in role, gets better when kept in a certain health threshold). If you can afford the UP and use her in a rough spot to hold a choke at threshold a lot then she's a great unit to have. She's probably more useful if your healing core is weaker or lack a "real" tank (Bernice, Gellius, Deine).

Nero010
09-10-2016, 03:42 AM
The good thing about Aigis is that there are barely any units or charakters that you realy always need. It doesnt hurt (in many cases) to skip or not have a certian event unit until a specific situation occourse where u think "dang i could use karma here" but somehow u still manage to get that map done with an roaster that has enough units to choose from. Its common for aigis that a lot of units are just going to be part of your unit pool and when u need them or need someone to work around an strategy that you cant use cause u dont have the needed unit then u pull them out. There are just a few units that are so good that u want to use them on any map... you COULD exchange them for others though and it would still work if you choose the right substitutes.
For elva one example, i would never drop here where i NEED a tank. But there are a lot of situations where u drop down leeanne besides ur bernice just because u need to block a path for some enemys (u dont realy need to tank a lot damage just someone to block the path). That happens often enough. In those situations i could just drop in elva now and shed be so much better at that job. Her UP being a lot higher too of course but cheaper then mages and cannoniers and i deploy those too.

DyingShadow
09-10-2016, 06:50 AM
i just got deine... tank problem fixed

Nero010
09-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Congratz man, second black? Deines UP is... elva like lol. When u can deploy her u wont have any defense issues and with sophie no issues with magic damage so in that regards ur pretty set for the next 1 year lol

DyingShadow
09-11-2016, 03:45 AM
not my 2nd black, i got like aisha, sophie, the sniper and the black healer <.< xD but yeah it possibly fixed my problem for a year or so

IvanLedah21
09-12-2016, 07:16 AM
not my 2nd black, i got like aisha, sophie, the sniper and the black healer <.< xD but yeah it possibly fixed my problem for a year or so

Aisha: Absolutely broken unit if her limited range isn't an issue
Sophie: Ultimate lightning rod
Nanaly: broken archer, only weakness is reflect damage (we don't have maps yet, this is Shadow Sniper Rita's niche); armor can be an issue but she can melt through it with Quadra Shot if she isn't splitting attacks between other enemies as well
Liana: arguably the worst black we have atm, but still has black-tier stats (arguably the worst due to her skill being niche and cost prohibitive)
Deine: she's a wall that hits like a truck. a very slow but heavy truck (especially with skill active). primarily limited due to immense cost