PDA

View Full Version : System Requirements?

Kaiio
08-13-2015, 01:07 PM
I have Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ 2.5/3.5 Turbo GHz, 6GB RAM, and NVIDIA®GeForce GTX 850M with 2GB VRAM and all the animations must be at 5fps. There is only a slight increase when set to low quality.

ChibiKika
08-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Operating System?

On top of that, when you have the game loaded, is there any significant resource usage shown on the task manager? (Like CPU and Memory)

blobz
08-13-2015, 01:29 PM
I play on potato: Amd 5000+, 2gb of RAM and GF8800gt and it works just fine. As side not on newest opera game is really chugging resources, it doesnt work properly on firefox so i am runing it on GreenBrowser

Kaiio
08-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Win 8.1 The highest percentage is 77% on memory, most of it for Chrome. Drops to 73% when I close the game. I have three open tabs. The game is the only tab with flash in it.

ChibiKika
08-13-2015, 01:45 PM
I would say that your memory usage is the biggest issue here, as I have the same problems on my own computer (4GB RAM) and I face some pretty nasty graphics lag when going through animations like boss appearances/fights, the slot-machine spin, and a few "movies". It was much worse on my 2GB RAM laptop which I don't have anymore (for that one, Aigis was outright unplayable, this one it runs battles at half-speed).

It's strange though, Chrome shouldn't take up THAT much memory unless you have it doing something heavy-load other than the flash program. Try having the game as the only tab and if the resource usage is still extremely high, it could be a Chrome-related application that isn't blatantly visible to users, to which you should consider disabling chrome extensions that work on the side (like hangouts, antivirus scanner attachments, etc).

Ultimately, if you just want the problem gone and gone, you could probably fix it by boosting your RAM to something redundantly high, like 12GB or 16GB. I have a 2-year old Desktop running Win 8.1 with 16GB and graphics lag was never an issue so I doubt it's CPU/GPU related.

Course, like everything I say, take it with a grain of salt. My knowledge of this field is fairly outdated, if I say so myself and someone else may have better advice to bring to the table.

chillinfar
08-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Still better than AoE II HD (fuck Steam).

Blame Adobe, Flash Player is the problem. It uses resources insanely, specially Peeper version (used by Chrome and clones). Atom 1.6Ghz with the same issue, but this time the fault came from Intel (linux drivers sucks horrible, worse than Windows version).

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: Seamonkey (recent versions) and old 11.2 Flash (last one for Linux) worked better on poor machines like my Atom. I assume that info can be useful in Windows.

Foyn
08-13-2015, 06:55 PM
um do the usual stuff

- use ccleaner to clean ur pc
- delete TEMP files (I think ccleaner doesnt do that)
- get fresh flash https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html
- try with different browser
- turn off security stuff (Firewall etc..)
- scan pc, check for virus, trojans, malware, and spyware
- maybe something is using ur internet (torrent,windows update..), turn them off
- disable everything from startup (everything seriously!)
- try game in safe mode?
- check task manager when problem occurs, if it's another program could be 1st or 2nd by memory / CPU usage
- is that windows x32 or x64?

xero
08-13-2015, 08:45 PM
in addition to setting the quality to low, zooming out can help it run significantly more smoothly... at the cost of... well it being small.

chillinfar
08-13-2015, 09:11 PM
Using their comment, my atom is running better than his machine.

GTX 850M? Is a laptop? I forgot to say, Nvidia slows graphics to save battery on recent Geforce boards (but that measure is easy to tweak on Nvidia control panel).

Zerana
08-13-2015, 09:25 PM
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this or not, but I'll give it a shot.

With Pero, Angelic Saga, and both Hellfire Girls my mouse has been giving me issues. The mouse icon flashes between an arrow, and a pointing hand, every time I move it over an icon or a button. It acts like it's having a seizure and won't make up it's mind on which Icon it wants to be. The odd thing is that on LoV I don't have this issue at all, or on any other program or website. Furthermore, I got a brand new mouse today which I thought would help the issue, (Among others that I had with my old mouse) but it didn't. So anyone else having this issue, or know what might be causing it?

chillinfar
08-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Is lag (connection issues, not your mouse). I have a 128k connection, so i know this.

Zerana
08-13-2015, 10:54 PM
Ahh, ok. Well, at least it's not the mouse. Though I am glad I finally got a new one. The old one was bad for many reasons. Thanks for the info. ♥

Foyn
08-14-2015, 06:11 AM
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this or not, but I'll give it a shot.

With Pero, Angelic Saga, and both Hellfire Girls my mouse has been giving me issues. The mouse icon flashes between an arrow, and a pointing hand, every time I move it over an icon or a button. It acts like it's having a seizure and won't make up it's mind on which Icon it wants to be. The odd thing is that on LoV I don't have this issue at all, or on any other program or website. Furthermore, I got a brand new mouse today which I thought would help the issue, (Among others that I had with my old mouse) but it didn't. So anyone else having this issue, or know what might be causing it?

check the mouse settings, disable pointer trails and shadow if they aren't, and maybe play with the speed
also get the latest graphic card driver, u never know..:rolleyes:

Zerana
08-15-2015, 05:01 AM
That's a good idea, ty. ♥ I'll check into that.