PDA

View Full Version : @Nordland @NutakuDev

Lafate
08-13-2015, 07:56 PM
I don't know if you are lurking here... but I am posing it as well!

Alright, enough is enough. We need to sit down and have a little pow wow. Excuse my French, but just what the hell is going on? Why is Aigis is such a messed up state, and why is it getting worse instead of better? Look at Lord of Valkyrie, Angelic Saga, and PeroPero Seduction. All three of those games have run smoothly. No real delays, and definitely no increasingly long delays.

So please, explain to me why this is a massive issue with Millennium War Aigis only? Also I'm not stupid so don't give me excuses about the JP Devs. Obviously that is not an issue with any of your other games. So clearly something else is going on behind the scenes that you have decided to hide from us. Like fifty red flags have not already been raised, screaming that the game is a bust. Not that any of it is at the fault of the player base. At the start of the game the goal was to catch up with the DMM version, so we get the same events at the same time. Obviously this did not go over well as none of our player base wanted to skip content. Then the goal switched to do back to back events like DMM has. This should have already occurred, it has been long enough since releasing the game. However, instead of the gap between events closing, it is getting larger. It started at one week, and now it is at three weeks. How in the world is the acceptable to you guys. How is it that DMM gets cheaters, and still gets their event on time. As well as 60 sacred crystals for said cheating happening, but we get the shaft. Having our event delayed for who knows how long and receiving only 1 sacred crystal as an apology. Are you kidding me? We are punished for something that had absolutely nothing to do with us. You even had our event planned after the last one ended at the very least.

This is unacceptable to us players. It should be the same for you if this is really the JP devs doing. If that is the case completely drop the game. As it is not only a waste of our time, but yours as well; while also sucking up resources that could be put elsewhere for games that will actually work like they are supposed to. You need to do something... anything. Maybe even give a real apology like the DMM players get, and don't give me that line of not being able to give us sacred crystals. If that is the case just give us the gold equal to the amount of SC you want to give. That you can do, and you cannot deny that fact. If something is not up to satisfaction it is your job as the host/publisher/whateveryouwanttocallyourself to make sure it gets to that satisfactory standard, or simply have nothing to do with it. If those that are providing it do not want to bring it up to an acceptable point.

It is so discouraging to play this game. Especially as a person who has played this game since day one, and has tried to help everyone who has needed it in this game. To see that DMM gets 4-12 new characters, that need new content made for them, that then needs to be coded, while also getting 2-3 events, and... you get the point. While we only get 1 event that they already have said content for, with one to four new characters depending on what event it is. I mean at the very least. Even if they are not supposed to care about us a lot. We should be getting at least 75% of the real thing. At the very least our content shouldn't be getting delayed because something happened to their servers. No matter what contract you have with them. That is not acceptable.

This is long enough, and I am just going in circles at this point. However, know until you give us an acceptable answer to this problem. I am not laying off you guys. I will not try to calm down outraged people. You need to deal with this, and you need to deal with this now.

Shadowfae
08-13-2015, 09:02 PM
PPS is having some pretty large issues too with its event, but instead they are talking about releasing yet another new game? Can't seem to get an answer to either of these things, they are just talking about Angelic Saga, Girls Kingdom & updating their cover girl. Maybe if they pretend there are no problems, the problems will go away. :)

Lafate
08-13-2015, 09:07 PM
PPS is having some pretty large issues too with its event, but instead they are talking about releasing yet another new game? Can't seem to get an answer to either of these things, they are just talking about Angelic Saga, Girls Kingdom & updating their cover girl. Maybe if they pretend there are no problems, the problems will go away. :)

PeroPero isn't having any major issue. Just people complaining about not being able to kill the event mega boss for full rewards. Which if fine feedback, but isn't exactly an issue. The only thing that could possibly be any sort of bug it the fact that only the finder and last hit of the mega boss gets credit. However, I don't know how it was on DMM so I can't say if that is how it is suppose to be.

Shadowfae
08-13-2015, 09:23 PM
PeroPero isn't having any major issue. Just people complaining about not being able to kill the event mega boss for full rewards. Which if fine feedback, but isn't exactly an issue. The only thing that could possibly be any sort of bug it the fact that only the finder and last hit of the mega boss gets credit. However, I don't know how it was on DMM so I can't say if that is how it is suppose to be.

Other posters have said that on the other version, all participants got credit; there's also the issue where most of us don't have the SED to participate in the mega-boss part at all because it jumped up so severely.

There's also the part where they took away / reduced the effectiveness of Slayer cards and introduced a whole new set to have to level up, dropping everyone's SED to make it even harder. I got a 90,000,000 hp boss to kill in 30 minutes with 242k SED (not happening).

To me it is a similar set of issues; it comes down to decisions being made (either by the developers or Nutaku) which are not in the players' interests (which kind of puzzles me, since players are the ones who pay the bills- you want them to be having fun so that they Spend More Money). Here you have them choosing to release content more slowly (or, in the case of the most recent event, not at all). There you have them pushing content on the playerbase as if everyone was leveled much more highly than they are, and had been playing much longer.

Kotono
08-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Well, for pero, they have at least now capped Airu at level 50. But that doesn't really solve the issues.
But lets keep on topic in here, please.

Tenhou
08-14-2015, 04:02 AM
Can't help but agree that Aigis really needs to step up. I feel it is sad because it is my favourite game on nutaku and yet it is getting so many delayed events. Aigis is what got me here in the first place!

I know there is a quota to fullfill before the JP devs "acknowledge" us, but that quota is working AGAINST you. It isn't new players leaving because of boredom or because they couldn't 100% clear an event, it's veterans quitting because they dislike having so few events, so they have nothing to do in the meantime. Many of them even start playing on the japanese version despite not understanding japanese at all, that's GOT to tell you something about the current state of the game.

On a sidenote, on twitter they said Nordland is on vacation and back on monday.

Edit:
I'd also like to ask about the state of the lolis. I mean you have Azumi Isshiki in PPS so what's preventing you from inserting the Aigis girls?

Anonymous
08-14-2015, 05:35 AM
Any official statement will just be more excuses like always. The japanese devs are just so busy, we can't get events without more players, please buy more crystals.
If we continue to have weeks of nothing between events people will quit in droves, and those left will end up with so many weeks of dailies their teams will trivialize the slow trickle of events and they'll die from boredom.

NutakuDev
08-14-2015, 10:55 AM
We try to lurk everywhere, though Nordland is gone for the week so the volume of response has gone down.

Just to be clear: there is a different Japanese dev team for every game. They support their games to varying degrees. That's why you'll see a difference between PeroPero and Aigis.

If you want more from the developers, write them. They've heard it from Nutaku often enough without making much of an impression on them - perhaps they'll listen to you. But don't confuse the us, the portal, with the game developers - we don't take credit for their games.

@Shadowfae

Different games are made by different teams, so running events, developing games, and patches are all done independently. Resources are never taken from one game and put towards another because these are functionally different companies.

The PeroPero multiplier switch was an error in judgement and won't be done again - or if it is done, for some extraordinary reason, it will be announced well beforehand. Otherwise, they've been knocking down the difficulty of Airu daily, so there's a much better shot of getting her now.

Kotono
08-14-2015, 01:40 PM
https://twitter.com/nutakugames/status/632259185049214977

You heard 'em. Start typing up those angry letters!

Skulkraken
08-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Stupid question: are we supposed to file the support tickets on Nutaku's site, or on DMM's?

Kotono
08-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Could always send them to both for good measure?

Tenhou
08-14-2015, 03:47 PM
And make it both english and japanese for better measure!

Shadowfae
08-14-2015, 03:59 PM
@Shadowfae

Different games are made by different teams, so running events, developing games, and patches are all done independently. Resources are never taken from one game and put towards another because these are functionally different companies.

The PeroPero multiplier switch was an error in judgement and won't be done again - or if it is done, for some extraordinary reason, it will be announced well beforehand. Otherwise, they've been knocking down the difficulty of Airu daily, so there's a much better shot of getting her now.

You know what? I do appreciate hearing you say this; thank you for doing so.

Kotono
08-15-2015, 04:09 PM
Just going to post this here in case people don't see it elsewhere.

Quite a week for Nordland to be off. I'll try to field some of your questions while I'm here.

1. Did we know that this would be cancelled in advance?

No, our office found out on Tuesday morning, after the event was supposed to go live. We wouldn't have teased it otherwise.

2. Does Japan not care about the English version of the game?

They do. But they devote resources to the games dependent upon their level of success. I don't agree with that philosophy, but it's there nonetheless.

3. Are you holding Aigis content hostage?

No, what possible reason would we have to do that?

4. Can the game survive with this level of support?

The game continues to grow. Most of our players have never heard of the Japanese version of Aigis. As it grows, our level of support from JP will grow, and we can get all the nice things we want for it.

The delay this week was an unprecedented situation for them. It sucks that they prioritized fixing their multi-million dollar Japanese franchise over our version, but it's not particularly surprising, all things considered.

5. What happened to the list of questions? (Thanks, DartRed)

After saying yes, they took a look at your questions and said no.

6. Will you threaten to withdraw the game unless JP devs increase event frequency?

That would really be shooting ourselves in the foot.

6. Will you give all Aigis players 60 premium crystals worth of Nutaku Gold?

We actually talked about this when we saw the compensation difference. But there's one problem.

Nutaku works by splitting revenue between the developer and portal. Developers can give out whatever they want in-game, for free, but when Nutaku gold is spent on their portal we pay a percentage of the value of that gold to whomever the users' choose to spend it on.

Essentially, we would be paying a six-figure sum to a developer because his compensation was less than stellar. We can't do that.

7. Is this all a massive conspiracy to drive players to DMM?

I certainly hope not.

---

You guys clearly love this game and I'm sorry that it's not living up to your expectations. Aigis is personally my favorite game on the site, but Nutaku is not synonymous with one title.

I've submitted (again) a request that they increase event frequency, add the auto-complete feature, consider adding unique ENG-characters, implement promotional codes similar to PeroPero, and a raft of other suggestions. But we can't do it for them.

I hope that you appreciate that the teams that work on our games are very different groups of people, and form your opinions of them on a case-by-case basis. I also hope you continue to patient with Japan's Aigis team until they see that there is an equal potential for games like Aigis in an ENG market as there is in the JP one.

For those of you who are willing to tough it out, we'll keep trying to turn Aigis into the game you want. So thanks.

Danex
08-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Well, these last months surely weren't the best ones for Nutaku games:
Aigis (their flagship game, as far as I know) got its event delayed, some of them skipped I think, missing characters, etc.. ..Angelic Saga got its very first tournament canceled until further notice... ...and every single event at PPS got some major issues and bugs, specially the current event, even affecting the investments of some paying players, which IMO it's the most delicate issue, since it concerns the money being spent by players.

I think LoV is the only game so far running without problems.
But don't get me wrong. I support Nutaku's work, I really do. I was planning on invest some money, but this storm of problems and issues stopped me just in time. Particularly PPS causing paid stuff to be less valuable and totally disposable was the final reason to stop me.

From that perspective, Lafate's words quite much represents a lot of us, not only Aigis players, but from other games as well. IMHO having issues in almost every game is a general concern, since for both F2P and paying players it's becoming a little unstable and frustrating terrain. And honestly, most of the time we have no sign of being heard at all. And when you see (or read) how differently Japan's versions are working compared to us, well, uncertainty and unrest grows.

Anyways, knowing that what we say here is actually being observed by Nutaku is a step forward. I doubt every single issue will be solved in the short time, but let's hope our feedback causes some actions towards improving players experience at Nutaku games.