PDA

View Full Version : Popularity Contest Cancelled - No new brides, but you can still vote!

JessMini
07-19-2016, 06:50 AM
We were informed today by the original developer that the re-skin of characters is no longer an option. They are concerned that allowing us to have exclusive content will impact their product over in JP (which is fully understandable). Therefore, we are no longer able/ allowed to run the popularity contest as advertised until now. Instead we will try our best to compensate you for the trouble once the event ends and make sure the winners will have a special treatment going forward. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and fully understand decisions such as tracking us down, searching for our addresses and so on... Please understand however that this is their title and we can only run it by accepting their terms.

Looks like someone changed their mind, we won't be getting any new brides at all. The popularity contest is pretty much null and void now. Sucks for the people who have been spending money/gems on voting for their favourite girl, but yeah. Don't do that anymore.

Don't actually expect to be compensated though, or you'll be disappointed like after the stamina bug. Expect nothing = never be disappointed! :D

nikonana
07-19-2016, 06:55 AM
Meh probably they will release special gacha just to compensate the vote winners.

But nothing value is lost, since we all should vote for Nazuna.

Pangalan
07-19-2016, 07:09 AM
"We were informed today by the original developer that the re-skin of characters is no longer an option. They are concerned that allowing us to have exclusive content will impact their product over in JP"

I don't understand. Wouldn't the JP players be getting the re-skins from the NA contest winners? Kind of like how we are going to get the contest winners from the JP version? I don't see why they had to cancel the NA contest. It made it sound as if our participation in such an event is a bad thing.

Miu
07-19-2016, 07:16 AM
That was my impression too, that the JP players would get our brides eventually. Sounds like someone altered the deal :confused:

JessMini
07-19-2016, 07:18 AM
Their reason for cancelling the contest: "They are concerned that allowing us to have exclusive content will impact their product over in JP".

We don't have any exclusive content, nor will we be getting any exclusive content. The brides were going to be released on all servers eventually. So their reason for cancelling the contest is either a lie or someone's mistaken. In any case, we don't know why they've cancelled it yet other than "because we want to".

IvanLedah21
07-19-2016, 07:52 AM
"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further"
~DMM Vader

Jokes aside, the explanation doesn't mesh with our understanding of what the original deal was. Might just be another case of DMM not really giving a damn about us Nutaku players. Maybe they're TRYING to push us into going over to their site.

Silverfalcon
07-19-2016, 08:05 AM
"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further"
~DMM Vader

Jokes aside, the explanation doesn't mesh with our understanding of what the original deal was. Might just be another case of DMM not really giving a damn about us Nutaku players. Maybe they're TRYING to push us into going over to their site.

Your such a downer. Here i was going to say it's because it's simply due to less work on their part but...I've played MWA. Based on the track record for the developers of that game for the Nutaku version...It's possible we'll have another Aigis on our hands. Let's just hope they don't change the rules midway again.

Nice joke and reference though.

A Time to Screw
07-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Pretty much every Nutaku game has always gotten the short end of the stick compared to their JP counterpart. Either because of Nutaku's usual incompetence or the JP devs not caring as much about their foreign counterpart (since the foreign version is most likely much less profitable for them).

Aigis is a shitshow that continues to lack/missing/alter content.

Kanpani is frozen in time.

LoV (As well as DT:M and duel Squad) got shutdown.

Hitsuji and Angelic Saga are walking corpses.

Girls Kingdom is a buggy mess

If this pattern continues, FKG is at risk of slowing down/ getting less support as well, just like other Nutaku games.

As usual, if the Nutaku version was profitable enough, they would've gone through the trouble to keep the reskin contest up. The total amount of votes in our version though, compare to DMM's voting event is as different as night and day. The DMM poll votes at the end of it all totaled millions upon millions of votes (Orchid alone had about 6 mil if I remember, with 2nd and 3rd place being comparably high). Our version through the midway point had votes around 100,000s at best.

We didn't have enough people spending money compared to their JP version to justifying them rehiring the busy artists again just for our version, when they have their own version to worry about, simple as that

Lied
07-19-2016, 08:17 AM
Probably means they'll just stick the winners in some priority gacha or something :/

Now I really want to see a 3* or 2* win just to see how they'd even begin to handle that. And yeah, I'm not holding my breath on any "compensation" after the stamina bug thing.

JessMini
07-19-2016, 08:22 AM
Here's how I've understood it:

Flower Knight Girl developers make the game.
DMM release it to Japan.
Nutaku releases it to the rest of the world.

At the start of the event:
Flower Knight Girl developers told Nutaku that they would get 3 new brides.
Nutaku told us that we would get 3 new brides.

Today:
Flower Knight Girl developers told Nutaku today that we would not get any new brides. (reasons unknown as of this time)
Nutaku is blamed, at least initially. We'll see how things progress from here, although being honest I sincerely doubt we'll ever know why they cancelled the whole thing. We'll probably just be compensated and be on our way.

Mattress
07-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Instead we will try our best to compensate you for the trouble once the event ends...

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Nice joke.

Eab1990
07-19-2016, 09:16 AM
Okay, there are a lot of reasons to be salty (I'm personally less salty about the lack of new brides and more salty about what choices Nutaku playerbase was voting for to begin with, so this news doesn't bother me as much as others), but crying about lack of compensation because they didn't compensate for ONE thing is a bit ridiculous.

It's like everyone conveniently forgot that we got a second 5* guaranteed gold gacha in the first few weeks of the game. Or all the other times Nutaku compensated in other games (Osawari, Kanpani, etc.).

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 09:18 AM
They could compensate everybody by handing out 30-50 flower gems. But they'll probably compensate with some gacha requiring 150 flower gems..

Myrdin
07-19-2016, 09:31 AM
A guaranteed 5* for 5 gems would be nice. Same as when the game launched.
The code for that is already implemented in the game after all, they would not give anything "for free" and players both new and old would be glad to get another 5* to upgrade/add to their team.
Everyone is happy.
Will that happen ? Who knows, but it sure would be a nice gesture.

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 09:41 AM
You know whats shitty? The popularity contest is cancelled and yet, there's no announcement of it anywhere in game, twitter, or facebook. Shouldn't the uniformed masses know this??? I'll bet you that there's some herd of whales blindly throwing money at their waifu in that futile hope of getting a bridal version that now will never be.

MiqDoloran
07-19-2016, 09:47 AM
I find it worse that we had to progress half way through the event before someone backpedalled.

thewind32
07-19-2016, 09:54 AM
You know whats shitty? The popularity contest is cancelled and yet, there's no announcement of it anywhere in game, twitter, or facebook. Shouldn't the uniformed masses know this??? I'll bet you that there's some herd of whales blindly throwing money at their waifu in that futile hope of getting a bridal version that now will never be.

Exactly. Anyway, does it matter who we vote for from here on?

Mattress
07-19-2016, 09:56 AM
Okay, there are a lot of reasons to be salty (I'm personally less salty about the lack of new brides and more salty about what choices Nutaku playerbase was voting for to begin with, so this news doesn't bother me as much as others), but crying about lack of compensation because they didn't compensate for ONE thing is a bit ridiculous.

It's like everyone conveniently forgot that we got a second 5* guaranteed gold gacha in the first few weeks of the game. Or all the other times Nutaku compensated in other games (Osawari, Kanpani, etc.).
Crying? I'm laughing.

skasio
07-19-2016, 09:59 AM
The real question is, if DMM is afraid of uniques in our version stealing their playerbase, why did they agree to potentially make new brides in the first place? They didn't think about that? Well, tough luck. It's not kindergarten, you can't just say "Ah, screw it.", take everything back and it's as if nothing happened. (Oh, wait... It seems you can.)
Or Nutaku just didn't bother to ask them?

Myrdin
07-19-2016, 09:59 AM
gonna throw the rest of my votes I saved up on Alpina. Just for the lols to get her up to where I have Cepha.
And maybe the compensation will be increased drop rates for the first 3 ? Or what I wrote above. ....or nothing at all. Who knows :D

JessMini
07-19-2016, 10:41 AM
gonna throw the rest of my votes I saved up on Alpina. Just for the lols to get her up to where I have Cepha.
And maybe the compensation will be increased drop rates for the first 3 ? Or what I wrote above. ....or nothing at all. Who knows :D

At this point, no vote is a bad vote. You could give each girl 1 vote each and it still wouldn't matter. Why did they have to ruin this event? :(

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 11:59 AM
The real question is, if DMM is afraid of uniques in our version stealing their playerbase, why did they agree to potentially make new brides in the first place? They didn't think about that? Well, tough luck. It's not kindergarten, you can't just say "Ah, screw it.", take everything back and it's as if nothing happened. (Oh, wait... It seems you can.)

Looks like they didn't ask and assumed they could replicate the popularity bride contest without thinking that if different girls get selected someone has to draw them out, or they thought it was not going to be an issue and still didn't ask. It really isn't that big of an issue, other than another company telling you what you need to do, which like I said it is most likely the reason it got cancelled.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing Nutaku looked at the potential costs of hiring those big name 6* artists, got really pale and quickly pulled the plug. On the way out, they decided to shift the blame to JP Devs, who we will never hear their side of the story

MiqDoloran
07-19-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm guessing Nutaku looked at the potential costs of hiring those big name 6* artists, got really pale and quickly pulled the plug. On the way out, they decided to shift the blame to JP Devs, who we will never hear their side of the story
Doesn't really make sense to me to have this event in the first place if they didn't think they could afford those artists.

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Doesn't really make sense to me to have this event in the first place if they didn't think they could afford those artists.

Nutaku has always been lacking in forethought.

Skyehmm
07-19-2016, 01:23 PM
From the News section:

http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/07/19/uzjFxLiPfG.png

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 01:38 PM
How, precisely, will this gacha work? Will the winners be the only possibilities, or is it going to be a priority gacha with the same lame 0.5% chance to get a 6* as always? A priority gacha seems an insufficient response to revoking the original reward halfway through the event. This was an exceptional screw-up...the compensation should be equally exceptional.

- - - Updated - - -

How, precisely, will this gacha work? Will the winners be the only possibilities, or is it going to be a priority gacha with the same lame 0.5% chance to get a 6* as always? A priority gacha seems an insufficient response to revoking the original reward halfway through the event. This was an exceptional screw-up...the compensation should be equally exceptional.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's how I've understood it:

Flower Knight Girl developers make the game.
DMM release it to Japan.
Nutaku releases it to the rest of the world.

At the start of the event:
Flower Knight Girl developers told Nutaku that they would get 3 new brides.
Nutaku told us that we would get 3 new brides.

Today:
Flower Knight Girl developers told Nutaku today that we would not get any new brides. (reasons unknown as of this time)
Nutaku is blamed, at least initially. We'll see how things progress from here, although being honest I sincerely doubt we'll ever know why they cancelled the whole thing. We'll probably just be compensated and be on our way.

Compensated with a new wonderfull gatcha lol !!

Drynix
07-19-2016, 01:50 PM
From the News section:

Vote massivly for 6* then? Atleast there is no use to vote for a 2-4* now. Imagine the mint preachers on here pulling through and getting her on top spot, special gacha for flower gems with Mint as reward! Whoo!

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 01:56 PM
From the News section:

Everyone always loves compensation they have to pay for.

Zenithale
07-19-2016, 02:01 PM
So happy...

Ikki
07-19-2016, 02:49 PM
Well the votes were already dumb enough to have orchid on second place, but everything can get worse lol, im just wondering how this special gacha will work, in my dreams i see a gacha that only gives you 1 girl random and the possibilities are the 3 winners of the contest, but hey, im just dreaming

victor sant
07-19-2016, 05:12 PM
The only good part about it is that I can give all the love votes i've been gathering to Alstroe Maria :rolleyes:

IMO, they decided to change that after the midpoint results, where they saw the number of votes and decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Saertis
07-19-2016, 05:20 PM
Well the votes were already dumb enough to have orchid on second place, but everything can get worse lol, im just wondering how this special gacha will work, in my dreams i see a gacha that only gives you 1 girl random and the possibilities are the 3 winners of the contest, but hey, im just dreaming

Well, they always can make it like the quaranteed 6* gatcha we had not so long ago... "5k Nutaku gold and 1 of them will be yours!"

Slavedriver
07-19-2016, 06:09 PM
OK, looks like my votes're all going Mint then. And I bet any Whale that paid cash to get their girl in is going to be pretty salty at the moment.

kojaku
07-19-2016, 06:15 PM
My bet is that DMM decided to shell itself just in case. They are fine with Japan's playerbase, so they decided to "protect" them like a paranoid mother at the expense of the rest of the globe, since it doesn't give them money.

I think that due to "exclusivities" not being hard to eliminate. It's just as easy as releasing Nutaku's version in DMM too. And not giving Nutaku developing rights and using them as a tool to do " worlwide popularity pools" or whatever with DMM supervision would allow no discrepances. With a little will and coordination from both companies, there would be absolutely no problem to do so.

So, they probably decided to hide the fact than any version other than DMM's exists, so their playerbase doesn't go to Butaku's version to fool aroun and potentially spend money they would have spent on their site otherwise. That's my guess, since it's the only thing they can't avoid, as the people would wonder where did those brides come from. A bit childish fear in my opinion, since they would need to change their japanese IPs to non japanese ones to play it in Nutaku. That, and having to synchronice with Nutaku so noone releases them early.

Either that, or Nutaku negotiated trying to have exclusives. While i think the right way to negotiate would be, Nutaku is able to offer the same kind of events as DMM version, consequences included so the player experience is the same, and DMM in exchange would get free units and DMM would always have all of the Nutaku's content + more as new content generated here would be released there.

Anyway, we will never know the truth. Nor how did they negotiate, nor why did they backpedaled so suddenly (sound like a higher-up saying nope when he got the new, comapanies don't backpedal so easily without the bosses getting involved, bosses be bosses ._.)

Unregistered
07-20-2016, 12:40 AM
Oh, good old Nutaku's strategy, always blame japanese side, we dindu nuffin wrong, guys

fghk0
07-20-2016, 09:10 AM
Finally, we won only laugh, laugh ... ha ha HA HA

With NUTAKU feel as bad customer service

z4ro4
07-26-2016, 05:18 AM
their (devs) flat loli waifu *cough* orchid *cough* wasn't first so they said fuck it you're getting nothing :p

Palsa
07-27-2016, 04:03 PM
My only complaint with the event is that you had to get 500+ tickets in order for Lechenaultia to join your team, I just didn't have the time to reach that amount of tickets.
(Between Flower Knight Girls and Kanpani Girls, I can only spend around 10 minutes to an hour each day playing them, and I've pretty much stopped playing Shooting Girls altogether).
100 tickets wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but I feel that the bare minimum was too high for this event, considering how little you were required to make for the previous ones.
To make matters worse, I've been having to use Mozilla to play Nutaku's games lately, which loads slowly for a lot of them, because my browser of choice tends to blue screen for some reason, so it takes several minutes longer than usual to get anything done. -_-

Regarding exclusive characters, it was for the gatcha, so odds are very high that you would probably not draw one of the reskinned versions anyway.
But assuming that we were to actually get a reskinned version, I don't see the huge deal, they could just release it for the Japanese users several months following, so instead of exclusive skins it would be early access, which is pretty much what they Japanese users are already getting.

Unregistered
07-27-2016, 04:21 PM
500 tickets wasn't as easy as 7 medals on the current event, but in the same vein 24 medals is a lot easier than 4000 tickets. The last event was harder for everyone across the board.

Ancarius
07-27-2016, 07:41 PM
500 tickets wasn't as easy as 7 medals on the current event, but in the same vein 24 medals is a lot easier than 4000 tickets. The last event was harder for everyone across the board.

Well "hard" may be the wrong word since it just took time, the Ultimate Map was as easy for Veterans as the Medal Events, they just had to run it more than once.

ZeroZet
07-27-2016, 11:42 PM
Cobbling together a bare minimum of tickets with low-powered team was not in any capacity hard. I'd even venture out and say it would be possible to perfect the Lena (2 000 tickets for max skill and slots) without clearing most of event maps. Remember, the first maps offered ticket-to-stamina rates comparable to latter) Just, it would have been extremely time consuming.
Thankfully, autorun feature means you can just start the map and leave it alone in background)

sniddy
07-28-2016, 12:13 AM
indeed it was time consuming in the fct it took all my stamina for about 12 days (I run most advanced gardens too) to get 4k had 2k in about 6 days

That's 2 main log ins morning and evening 3 on weekends

Actual time spent probably 1h a day slackly as I do other bits so it's not constant bback to back runs - sure I've been here since 1st event, 350k total power....but that's not needed to auto mission 3, or anywhere near....

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 12:59 AM
To clarify, nothing in FKG is 'hard.' There are, however, degrees of ease which does make some things 'harder' than others in comparison. It is perfectly fine to compare the relative difficulties of two easy events and declare one harder than the other. It bothered me to some extent to have to run the event maps over and over to get 4000 tickets, when the non-ticket rewards were so lackluster compared to normal gameplay. Compared to devoting just part of one day per phase on a normal event, or at most a couple of days per phase for a skill/dressbloom farming event, this event required much more of our stamina to maximize the reward. And, had Nutaku not screwed the pooch on the voting portion, the event would have required ALL of our stamina for the full extent of the event to get the most out of it.

Myrdin
07-28-2016, 10:34 AM
Personally I much more prefer those non-grindy events. Rather use that AP on Dragon, Manyus and Garden then on boring event grind that takes shit ton of time to complete.

fluffs
07-29-2016, 09:20 AM
It was possible to get to 4k tickets without recharging stamina on a team around 100k power. It took pretty much all of the stamina for the two weeks, but putting together 2k for maxed lechenaultia should be doable without issue even if you can't clear the last missions (and relied on a good Helper squad for ?-3 and ?-7).

Drynix
07-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Maintenaince just now introduced the gacha for the 3 winning girls. Regular FG prices etc. So its basically a slice type gacha with 2 6* and 1 5*, instead of 1 6* and 2 5*.

So if you need a slice girl, this is you chance :P

And so I decided to give it a shot. Nothing but regret

sirlarryton
07-29-2016, 10:52 AM
Maintenaince just now introduced the gacha for the 3 winning girls. Regular FG prices etc. So its basically a slice type gacha with 2 6* and 1 5*, instead of 1 6* and 2 5*.

At least you got a new waifu from it.

Drip
07-29-2016, 11:09 AM

Same here, just without the NEW banner on any of the girls.
Just finished one of the new character quests though. I'll spoil the ending for Violetta Tulips':

"..and I said...
MISSION COMPLETE (sound horns)"

Uhmmm, yeah, seems like the bigger part of the conversation is missing again, and no H scene or anything. But the reward is a pair of earrings as usual as well.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 01:34 PM
I typically assume that the character missions lead into the H-scenes you get from affection

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, H-scenes are from 100% affection, you just have to go to the .net site to see them

- - - Updated - - -

They're saying that the character missions are the events which preceded the H-scene, not what has to happen to unlock the H-scene itself.

Artanis
07-29-2016, 01:44 PM
I did the Player's choice gancha and i'm really happy, a bunch of 3* a few 4*(that i already have) and her.

Zerana
07-29-2016, 03:26 PM
I did the Player's choice gancha and i'm really happy, a bunch of 3* a few 4*(that i already have) and her.

Wow, congrats. ♥

AzureWinter
07-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Ah, I see the new Gacha is in.
Just making it back to 50 FG's now I can't decide where I'd be best off spending them D:, option overload.

Lied
07-29-2016, 04:37 PM
I don't know why I even bother

http://i.imgur.com/z8wUKif.jpg

The Yulan, Cyani, and Cephas were extra useless because they're all already at 4 slots and none of them got any skill ups. And half of those 4*s aren't even on mean team anymore...

AzureWinter
07-29-2016, 04:46 PM
I don't know why I even bother

http://i.imgur.com/z8wUKif.jpg

The Yulan, Cyani, and Cephas were extra useless because they're all already at 4 slots and none of them got any skill ups. And half of those 4*s aren't even on mean team anymore...

That's what I'm worried about. It's either the two Gachas and hope I get the increased chance for units I don't have. Or go for the Pierce Gacha, and hope I get doubles of units I do have so I can upgrade (I really want Chocolate Cosmos to get higher skill).

Zerana
07-29-2016, 06:11 PM
Choices, choices....

Kinda hard to decide on what to spend my gems on right now. Sorta wanna try to get Black Baccara, but..dunno really.

AzureWinter
07-30-2016, 01:13 AM
Choices, choices....

Kinda hard to decide on what to spend my gems on right now. Sorta wanna try to get Black Baccara, but..dunno really.

Yeah. Not sure if I made the wrong choice, or maybe an okay choice with the Player's Choice Gacha. All I got was a Canola (didn't get a skillup), Yulan, Cepha Lanthera and Snowflake (those three DID get skillups) and a new unit, Casablanca.
So cute new unit nice, but I really would've liked a 5 star.

sniddy
07-30-2016, 07:09 AM
...I think I'll hold onto my 50 until a 'too good' offer or 'too cute' spotlight

Unregistered
07-30-2016, 10:03 AM
Priority gacha ought to change, honestly. Instead of just 6* girl pool, 5* girl pool and so on, there is also a chance to get the priority girl pool. Something like: 6*/0.45% || 5*/5.4% || 4*/27% || 3*/57.15 || priority girls/10%. And among the priority girl pool, 6*/10% and 5*/90%.

Anyone on disqus can transmit my idea to the staff? May worth the shot.

Saertis
07-30-2016, 03:29 PM
Anyone on disqus can transmit my idea to the staff? May worth the shot.

I don't think it's worth to bother since it's not Nutaku but DMM who came up with this.

Seraphim
08-11-2016, 05:04 PM

Basically, this ^ it was an exceptionally unprofessional move whomever requested the cancellation. As it has been mentioned, the jp version would have recieved our version of the brides eventually = not unique content for us. Would love to see them admit to the whole reason behind the backpeddle, as jp devs surely must have realised they would get the brides we voted for eventually?

SoulStealer
08-11-2016, 07:49 PM
But is it possible that we will still get the DMM-brides later?

ZeroZet
08-11-2016, 11:32 PM
as jp devs surely must have realised they would get the brides we voted for eventually?We don't know the full terms of their initial agreement, but reaction of Nutaku devs representative on Discord at the start of the event indicated it was our brides were to be unique to us.
I still blame BB. Her BBs simply scared JP devs away XD That and prospect of hiring her illustrator again, as I heard he is notoriously difficult to contract...

But is it possible that we will still get the DMM-brides later?Yes, we will see a special gacha with them in a future.