PDA

View Full Version : World of Tanks

MiqDoloran
07-25-2016, 07:06 PM
Random as hell, does anyone play this game? Used to play quite a bit, suddenly got a little nostalgic and what not.

Skyehmm
07-26-2016, 12:44 AM
Same story here, I used to play some months ago. And I feel like it's not dropped forever for me, but more like a pause from it. I might pick it up again someday.

http://wotlabs.net/eu/player/Skyehmm

Mostly Medium/Heavy tanks at the start, then I mainly played arty for a while. When I tried out the Stug III G I fell in love with it and stuck with it.

Zerana
07-26-2016, 02:06 AM
I've never played it unfortunately.

Is it f2p, or need to pay, or is it one of those that is f2p, but you 'should' pay some to really enjoy it?

Skyehmm
07-26-2016, 03:07 AM
I've never played it unfortunately.

Is it f2p, or need to pay, or is it one of those that is f2p, but you 'should' pay some to really enjoy it?

It is f2p, and you can earn gold that is used to buy stuff from the in game store, but as far as I remember, that gold-gain is slow as hell, (mostly earning gold through special missions and events).

So if you really want something you probably have to pay real money for it. But nothing in the store is necessary to play the game. It's mostly like "pay X gold to get XXX% extra Crew Exp for X days" or something like that. Or to get a Premium account to to earn more stuff each battle. Basicly stuff to progress faster. And a few players will say that this game is p2w regarding the "gold ammo" that is in the game, but since a long time ago that kind of ammo can be purchased with the in game credits as well.

You can unlock almost all of the tanks with the in game currency by going the f2p way, but getting "all" of them would probably take years of actively playing, (some tanks are gold exclusive).
I don't know if you have played LoL, but I would say unlocking all the champs in LoL with Influence Points would be faster then unlocking "all" the tanks in WoT.

Not only do you need a certain amount of credits, but also a certain amount of exp, (not crew xp, but I won't get into detail here), to unlock stuff. The first few tiers are easy to unlock, but later on it becomes a huge grind. But as long as you enjoy playing the game it won't bother you.
I started playing 26 December 2012 (according to my profile), but I have been taking some long breaks between then and now. As I said earlier, I might pick up WoT again someday, it's just that other stuff caught my attention. Like Rocket League :p

Zerana
07-26-2016, 03:44 AM
That is very cool. Will have to look into it for sure.

MiqDoloran
07-26-2016, 06:25 AM
Yeah, once you've played with premium you can't go back. It's just really slow and you'll actually lose credits playing high tier matches.

Dunno what the current meta is, but Hellcat, T-54 (now nerfed?) and FCM 50t (underrated credit printer) were fun.

Arkinum
07-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Tried it for a bit when it was in beta I think, but got board after a while.

Got PO'ed that I couldn't run over a small hill, lazy collision design -_-

buddy22
07-26-2016, 02:59 PM
I play W O T on and off atm they changed a lot of things from back when i played in closed alpha. Gold can be gain threw in game events or doing some quest, can unlock rental tanks so you can try higher tier tanks down some lines if you wondering how they are. Gold ammo can now be bought with reg in game cash you earn but down side is its expensive for some tanks. They tend to offer alot of 1 day premium for doing dailys or any holiday events for vets or important WW2 battle days so its a fun game you dont need cash on.