PDA

View Full Version : War of Magic

Shadowfae
09-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Anyone have any information / tips on how to do this one? I currently have, for witches / mages:
50CC41 Valerie
50CC40 Odette
50CC40 Cloris
50 Calliope
1 Calliope
1 Calliope

When I try to run it, I have enough time to drop 2 witches (Cloris and Calliope) and then the three wolves have run out of range of anywhere that ranged units can be placed and the map is over. I am having difficulty seeing how even +5 unit points to start would help. There's certainly not enough time to get a mage out on the field.

Kotono
09-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Without Belinda, I'm unsure if this is possible to complete without having 3x mincosted calliope. Witches should be updated in a later patch that would make this map easier.

exkidd
12-25-2015, 07:47 PM
have 2 min-cost calliope, if i buy +5 UP buff is it possible to do this map?

soranokira
12-25-2015, 08:36 PM
we're mainly looking at 2 50CC50 100% aff mincost calliopes. and maybe with 5 up buff after that

exkidd
12-25-2015, 10:53 PM
yeah, i have 2 min-cost 50cc50 100 aff calliopes. so is there some video for that? +5 buff

Shadowfae
12-25-2015, 10:54 PM
I'm going to try a run with a 50CC21 Despera, a 50cc40 Cloris, and a 50CC40 Calliope (mincost) when I regenerate 1 more stamina point. Noooo idea how it will go. I kind of expect it to be a miserable failure. :)

exkidd
12-25-2015, 10:57 PM
if you use despara then it wont problem coz her instant skill active :(

Shadowfae
12-25-2015, 11:02 PM
if you use despara then it wont problem coz her instant skill active :(

That's a good point. That was this game's Christmas present for me; I had 5 SCs left over from the last event, I clicked a summon and got her. I've just been leveling her since. :o

I've never even dropped her on a map, so pointing out that her skill is instantly active is actually helpful. Thank you!

blacksaber
12-25-2015, 11:13 PM
That's a good point. That was this game's Christmas present for me; I had 5 SCs left over from the last event, I clicked a summon and got her. I've just been leveling her since. :o

I've never even dropped her on a map, so pointing out that her skill is instantly active is actually helpful. Thank you!

Any black unit will have a 1 second delay, then you can activate there effect.

btw....very jealous of your despara....good luck

Shadowfae
12-25-2015, 11:20 PM
Any black unit will have a 1 second delay, then you can activate there effect.

btw....very jealous of your despara....good luck

Thanks! Didn't work; I need the +5 unit buff to get her out immediately, and a bit more in terms of leveling (the wolf she first locked onto got away with a tiny sliver of health). But definitely have a plan on how to use her now!

soranokira
12-26-2015, 03:45 AM
yeah, i have 2 min-cost 50cc50 100 aff calliopes. so is there some video for that? +5 buff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07rmh6fzp7U
they have a patch where they reduced witch cost by 1, but since you're using +5 up buff it shouldnt be an issue. Will be rather tight though.
9+9+12 = 30 UP
10+10+15-5 = 30 UP

@shadowfae https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McPC1x6IjWI
used belinda but not until after 1st wave was cleared. also with +5 UP

exkidd
12-26-2015, 05:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07rmh6fzp7U
they have a patch where they reduced witch cost by 1, but since you're using +5 up buff it shouldnt be an issue. Will be rather tight though.
9+9+12 = 30 UP
10+10+15-5 = 30 UP

Thanks lot man, this is work great, now finally can pass this map

Kamahari Akuma
01-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Pretty much any strat to get through Wall of Magic is going to need Despera as the linchpin for instant victory since an invested Despera can ice all the units that run by her. Otherwise its hoping on you having Belinda (*goes into the no Belinda corner to cry*) and an army of Calliopes to see you though.

Jay Rich
06-12-2016, 04:28 AM
I have recently hit this map and haven't given it a go yet as I really only have 2 witch's, I see a lot of guides that have belinda as one of the better units to use for this map but I missed her event so don't have her. I have had yuyu for awhile and was wondering would she be a good substitute? She isn't max lvl still only 20 but she is one of the units I want to lvl next.

Katina
06-12-2016, 05:46 AM
If it helps you :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_392130uri2.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=392130uri2.jpg)

-Yuyu (14) 50cc60aw31

-Calliope (11) 50cc50

-Cloris (15) 50cc60

-Pallis (26) 50

All max aff of course (except Pallis 50), no buff. I just got 2 stars.

lolix
06-12-2016, 05:47 AM
u can do it without yuyu being awakened , but u need skill level 2 on her at least

Jay Rich
06-12-2016, 07:11 AM
If it helps you :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_392130uri2.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=392130uri2.jpg)

-Yuyu (14) 50cc60aw31

-Calliope (11) 50cc50

-Cloris (15) 50cc60

-Pallis (26) 50

All max aff of course (except Pallis 50), no buff. I just got 2 stars.

I should be able to pull that off but not with an awakened yuyu. I can max her to 50cc60 which I am currently working on, guess all I need is a 2 stars then I can get up to the black spirits which I need for my sybilla.

Though once I max yuyu I will give it a shot for sure!

u can do it without yuyu being awakened , but u need skill level 2 on her at least

I got a couple of other yuyu's recently which I can use as fodder for her to CR and get her skill up so should be able to get to skill level 2 at least, only issue I have is I just threw all expect one of the callliope I had into CR and skill lvling up my 50CC50 Calliope which I have no regrets doing as she is currently min cost at 10. I will need that last one to CC my current yuyu.

I could use one of my spirits I have gotten for skill level up but would rather use them for rarer units, such as my sybilla.

Here hoping the next event has some silver witch drops :D

slyyr
08-10-2016, 10:19 AM
I currently have AW60 Adele, CC60 Cloris and L50 Calliope for Witches. Mages I have CC60 Cyrus and CC50 Valerie.

Worth spending 4 SCs to do it with +5UP and 30% ranged damage just to clear this thing with what I have? Should I wait for more witches/min cost them? I'd rather not burn the SCs if its not going to work.

IvanLedah21
08-11-2016, 09:25 AM
I currently have AW60 Adele, CC60 Cloris and L50 Calliope for Witches. Mages I have CC60 Cyrus and CC50 Valerie.

Worth spending 4 SCs to do it with +5UP and 30% ranged damage just to clear this thing with what I have? Should I wait for more witches/min cost them? I'd rather not burn the SCs if its not going to work.

I'd avoid getting the buffs for just one map that's going to be around forever. I MIGHT go for that if there's also an event on that I'm having issues clearing the last few maps or something, but since War of Magic will be around forever, you might as well wait until you happen upon a Yuyu, or even Belinda revival/Despara lucky draw.

From personal experience (do not know official drop rates), the later challenge maps just don't compare to the dailies in general unless you cannot consistently clear the X/G maps (G might take you a while to do consistently, for sure, but X is a HUGE step down from G for most of the dailies) but CAN consistently 3* the challenge maps (or at least get all kills to avoid missing any potential drops).

Whether your team would work... you MIGHT 2* successfully, but without a Yuyu/Belinda/Despara, at least 1 wolf is getting through. Any of your witches CR'd already?

slyyr
08-11-2016, 01:11 PM
I'd avoid getting the buffs for just one map that's going to be around forever. I MIGHT go for that if there's also an event on that I'm having issues clearing the last few maps or something, but since War of Magic will be around forever, you might as well wait until you happen upon a Yuyu, or even Belinda revival/Despara lucky draw.

From personal experience (do not know official drop rates), the later challenge maps just don't compare to the dailies in general unless you cannot consistently clear the X/G maps (G might take you a while to do consistently, for sure, but X is a HUGE step down from G for most of the dailies) but CAN consistently 3* the challenge maps (or at least get all kills to avoid missing any potential drops).

Whether your team would work... you MIGHT 2* successfully, but without a Yuyu/Belinda/Despara, at least 1 wolf is getting through. Any of your witches CR'd already?

I'm a free player so getting Despara or Yuyu is highly unlikely. I felt lucky just getting Adele. None of my Witches are CRed. With the rate we can farm silvers on Nutaku and needing Witches for other resources I can't see me CRing Calliopes any time soon. Hence why I'm considering spending the 4 SC.

I have tried it with what I have and they just aren't fast enough. Extra damage and UP may be enough but I'm not certain.

I just want to 1 star the thing so I can keep going and get to farming black spirits further down the track. Its also about getting past one of the biggest roadblocks in the game. I think you are right though - do the buffs during an event and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

IvanLedah21
08-11-2016, 01:16 PM
I'm a free player so getting Despara or Yuyu is highly unlikely. I felt lucky just getting Adele. None of my Witches are CRed. With the rate we can farm silvers on Nutaku and needing Witches for other resources I can't see me CRing Calliopes any sime soon. Hence why I'm considering spending the 4 SC.

I have tried it with what I have and they just aren't fast enough. Extra damage and UP may be enough but I'm not certain.

I just want to 1 star the thing so I can keep going and get to farming black spirits further down the track. I think you are right though - do the buffs during an event and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

The fact you're Freemium is even more reason to hold off 'til event time. 4 SCs used to clear ONE map that's never going away is mostly wasteful if you DO clear it and totally wasted if you still can't. Might as well wait 'til the coming Valkyrie event, get as far as you can there, and if you run into issues in the last couple maps, THEN go ahead and pop the buffs and do both event maps and the Wall while they last.

Out of curiosity, since you mentioned an eagerness to farm black spirits, have you pulled a black (besides TP Saki, that is, if you even have HER)? If not, be content with Phalanx 2, it is one of the best compromises between gold/plat spirits and affection at an affordable 3 Stamina, and you should have no issues with 3* if you drop Adele -> Calliope -> Valerie. My AW Yuyu/Adele combo could duo them all without issue, even before the rebalancing patch.

slyyr
08-11-2016, 05:34 PM
The fact you're Freemium is even more reason to hold off 'til event time. 4 SCs used to clear ONE map that's never going away is mostly wasteful if you DO clear it and totally wasted if you still can't. Might as well wait 'til the coming Valkyrie event, get as far as you can there, and if you run into issues in the last couple maps, THEN go ahead and pop the buffs and do both event maps and the Wall while they last.

Out of curiosity, since you mentioned an eagerness to farm black spirits, have you pulled a black (besides TP Saki, that is, if you even have HER)? If not, be content with Phalanx 2, it is one of the best compromises between gold/plat spirits and affection at an affordable 3 Stamina, and you should have no issues with 3* if you drop Adele -> Calliope -> Valerie. My AW Yuyu/Adele combo could duo them all without issue, even before the rebalancing patch.

I farm Phalanx 2 plenty as is. Generally I have a lot of gold and plat spirits but very few blacks. I recently picked up Nanaly with a very lucky free daily summon and I rolled Sophie very early on when I started. I haven't bothered with Saki as I have Hina.

For a free player I can't complain though my choice of mages is woeful. I had to buy Cyrus with DCs and he's still my best mage.

lolix
08-11-2016, 05:52 PM
i got yuyu from the sp cristals adn that was like 2-3 months ago. Untill i got her , still haven't passed war of magic. (and i do have nanaly as well. >>> was first summon from the temple after i created the acocunt - well , besides kerry )

Keep in mind that i've played for around a year now... So i went a good 8-9 months without doing war of magic on that account (i got 2. the other has belinda) with a nanally on it.

There is no rush , and yuyu is a gold. Gold are relatively easier to get even for free players. For example i've gotten like 4-5 golds from normal 2k summons , besides a couple from sp (on 2 accoutns tho)

Ramazan
08-14-2016, 10:12 AM
So i have both cc48 yuyu and cc40 cloris, if i do it now will i be successful or not?

lolix
08-14-2016, 10:30 AM
max level them first , then u need lvl 2 or 3 on yuyu because u need her skill at a certain point.

Also u need to place yuyu 1 or 2 up earlier , so awakening yuyu , or having an awakened jerome will help.

The difference between yuyu and belinda is that belinda can deploy her skill faster because shes a plat...o u kinda need to compensate by placing yuyu earlier

Ramazan
08-14-2016, 10:33 AM
Then seems i'll be waiting for at least one month or more since i even didnt started awing units :/

lolix
08-14-2016, 12:44 PM
well...technically , u could cr her as well ....assuming u have copies....

Ramazan
08-14-2016, 01:22 PM
Which i dont :) honestly i thought i could farm black spirits at later maps but nooo... There are spirit dailies and i should start doing them already as i max affed core and some side units thanks to loong break.

IvanLedah21
08-15-2016, 12:12 PM
The methods of earlier deployment would be:
AW Jerome
CR Yuyu
AW Olivie
AW Yuyu

Out of those, it sounds like the only available option would be the AW Yuyu, though again I'd hold off on trying War of Magic with boosts (or at all) until event time where you can benefit from the boosts for more than just the one map, or just wait a few months by which point you may have AW Yuyu without having to prioritize her over other units that may be more critical to maps besides this one.

SabishiiRyuu
08-27-2016, 05:29 PM
Finally managed to do this godforsaken stupid challenge after leveling my Yuyu to 50cc54 and using her with 2CR Adele, Cloris and Despara.

Overload
08-28-2016, 04:54 PM
Finally managed to do this godforsaken stupid challenge after leveling my Yuyu to 50cc54 and using her with 2CR Adele, Cloris and Despara.

You should have managed it with Despara only o.O

SabishiiRyuu
08-28-2016, 07:09 PM
You should have managed it with Despara only o.O

Probably, but I gave up after a few tries before getting my Despara and decided to stay as far away from it as I could until all my witches were really high level.