PDA

View Full Version : Step-Up Gacha: 5950 gold for guaranteed rainbow

Eab1990
08-05-2016, 07:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/M0XVgx0.jpg

Although she's not listed, Daisy is in the pool (and presumably Iris and Anthurium as well).

My rolls:
Step 1: Kikyo Bellflower
Step 2: Jasmine
Step 3: Violetta Tulip #12
Step 4: Yulan
Step 5: Strawberry Candle (new)
Step 6: Daisy (the rainbow I wanted most)

I also did a single roll on the player's gacha again for kicks, and got Rose.

Today is a good day.

Unregistered
08-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Hmm a guaranteed 5 and 6 star, tempting, but I think I will wait for a 'better' deal at xmas, hopefully.

Certix18
08-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Isnt 5000 nutaku gold a bit.... expensive for only ONE *6 girl?

Eab1990
08-05-2016, 08:20 AM
Technically it's 4000 gold for the rainbow, and 1000 gold for the gold (and 500 for a chance at another gold).

But yeah, it is expensive. Definitely moreso than the previous rainbow gacha.

I'm hardly gonna complain though, since I got the rainbow I actually wanted (and she wasn't even supposed to be in the pool to begin with).

Peach692
08-05-2016, 09:09 AM
So it's a random draw? We don't even get to pick the girls we want?
Nutaku really expects me to cough up 100 bucks for random girls? Knowing my luck I'd probably just end up with dupes.
That's a very crappy deal imo.

Audhild
08-05-2016, 09:22 AM
It is shame that the cost of nutaku gold is so absurd.

moarsi
08-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Would have actually rolled this, but I've already got 3 rainbows and my recent rolls have been shit so I don't wanna roll for a chance to get a dupe :S

MiqDoloran
08-05-2016, 09:34 AM
It is shame that the cost of nutaku gold is so absurd.
Dem exchange rates.

IvanLedah21
08-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Although she's not listed, Daisy is in the pool (and presumably Iris and Anthurium as well).

My rolls:
Step 1: Kikyo Bellflower
Step 2: Jasmine
Step 3: Violetta Tulip #12
Step 4: Yulan
Step 5: Strawberry Candle (new)
Step 6: Daisy (the rainbow I wanted most)

I also did a single roll on the player's gacha again for kicks, and got Rose.

Today is a good day.

Confirm Anthurium is in the pool, as I got her as my 5*, and Fritillaria as my 6*, both new units so I am fairly pleased with that.

Myrdin
08-05-2016, 10:21 AM
I will say the same thing about this as I have posted on FB.
60 bucks is a lot of money for a bloody microtransaction. These sums cannot be even considered "micro transactions". Not at this amount.
If the devs used their brains and would decrease the prices people would be more inclined to buy something.
Example: Paying 20 bucks 3x times a month, does not feel that bad as paying 60 bucks straight up front. Its the same in the end but feels different in person.
If they reduced the prices they put in the game (mainly the cost of nutaku gold) people with lower budget might be able to afford them, and they would actually make more money since more people would like to buy something, rather than the miniscule amount of wealthy players who dont care about throwing around hundred of $$ each month.
Many devps. know this and thats why games like Dota2, League of Legends, etc earn shit tons of money, Because the Micro transaction is small enough to feel insignificant - but once you buy multiple of them you still spend a lot of money at the end of the month. Korean MMORPGS do it this way and works, heck even WOW is doing Micro transactions these days, seeing it as a working business model.

fghk0
08-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Until finally the super happy !!

:cool:
:D:D:o

- - - Updated - - -

Confirm Anthurium is in the pool, as I got her as my 5*, and Fritillaria as my 6*, both new units so I am fairly pleased with that.

Congratulations ^^

:○

ZeroZet
08-05-2016, 11:01 AM
60 bucks is a lot of money for a bloody microtransaction. These sums cannot be even considered "micro transactions". Not at this amount.Thing is, they are not. These are premium packs, offering you their rarest commodities. You can't really expect a restaurant to serve you a full-course gourmet meal for a couple of bucks, after all.
And they already have "micro" parts in place, allowing you to draw Premium and one of Limited gachas for a mere 1$, once in awhile, and 3$ after that. And even regular draw prices outside of a free gems are not that big at 5$ when you exhaust discounted pulls.

IvanLedah21
08-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Thing is, they are not. These are premium packs, offering you their rarest commodities. You can't really expect a restaurant to serve you a full-course gourmet meal for a couple of bucks, after all.
And they already have "micro" parts in place, allowing you to draw Premium and one of Limited gachas for a mere 1$, once in awhile, and 3$ after that. And even regular draw prices outside of a free gems are not that big at 5$ when you exhaust discounted pulls.

^ This. It's been established numerous times there is zero NEED for a 6* (or even a 5*) to clear all game content, so the 6*s, and to a much lesser extent gacha 5*s, are purely premium content/bonus content. Furthermore, nearly all the games you mentioned make a huge portion of their money from subscriptions, something Nutaku does not have. Without that subscription money, the store for premium content must inevitably be more expensive (granted, as a portal/part-time developer its costs aren't in the same league as subscription-based MMOs).

Theoretically, you could make an argument that due to much lower costs, the subscription point is invalid, looking purely at the premium store prices. "Micro transactions" are designed to make you spend a little here, a little there, over and over. This is a LIMITED TIME OFFER, thus the whole point is "spend a lot now for an extremely rare item (in this case, a girl lol)" and thus cannot be fairly compared to the "micro transactions" that permeate many online games' daily offerings. As ZeroZet pointed out, this game DOES have its own micro transactions, and this is not by any means intended to be in the same category as them.

Myrdin
08-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Now I do not diaereses with you completely I will however point out one thing.
Other then WoW most of the games I mentioned are Free to play, and earn their (for non subs. game rather huge) amount of money through micro- transactions. Subscription is not required, in actuality last few years people shy away from this type of billing system, instead leaning towards games that offer payment through micro transactions. I personally am a LoL player and without being forced to, I spent not a small sum on the game over the course of last 4 or so years. But all of them being small transactions, one at a time, it didnt feel as if I gave away half of my salary for a game. Same thing about some of the ´FTP MMORPGS, and I am talking about AAA titles like Black Desert Online and other high production/quality projects.

Yes the game is beatable - but in all honesty - this is not so much game that has to be "beaten" rather (its not Dark Souls after all), its main focus is on collection and unlocking all the girls and their CG art.

Unregistered
08-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Oh holy crap, I would never play any game that had both a subscription fee and a microtransactions-to-win model. I'm not going to pay twice to get the most out of a game, and if I'm not going to have a chance at being the best I'm certainly not going to pay to be disadvantaged.

Zandel
08-06-2016, 12:06 AM
Oh holy crap, I would never play any game that had both a subscription fee and a microtransactions-to-win model. I'm not going to pay twice to get the most out of a game, and if I'm not going to have a chance at being the best I'm certainly not going to pay to be disadvantaged.

Basically all SUB games that have micro transactions are for items that have no in game effect other than looks or so little an effect that they are not 'Pay to win' items. It's the FTP games that most often have pay to win options to ensure players actually spend money. As for Nutaku.... i'm kinda glad and kinda say that they have not fixed their gold buying system. I cannot buy nutaku gold from australia since they have still not fixed the Paypal option and thus cannot even enter these sort of things.

Unregistered
08-06-2016, 05:12 AM
at first it sounded like a good offer and i was just about to charge up some gold for the first time, but then i decided to look in the forum to see if there is a catch....and what do i see?...

Myrdin
08-06-2016, 05:23 AM
Really ?
Weird, the "first time purchase" I got is 1000 gold for 5 bucks.
I wonder if its divided by region and offers different sums to people.

The weirdest thing for me personally is the fact that there are NO deals. Usually you get either discount or bonus the higher more expensive pack you get. Example.
You get one for 10 $, no bonus, get one for 15 $ get 100 bonus gold, one for 20$ get 300 gold, buy one for 50 bucks and get 500 bonus gold.
Or get a % discount. lets say, buy 50 $ bundle, get 5% discount. Or something.
Being like this, is just not even trying to give you a good offer. Like "meh we dont care if you buy, but we want you to, bu we aint gonna give you any incentive, any tangible reason to wanna buy from us." Is the vibe I get from all of this.

Unregistered
08-06-2016, 05:26 AM
no you are rights, its 1000 for five, and i'd buy another 1000 for 10 after that.

but ive been on nutaku for only a week now and ill wait for something else that doesnt feel like they want to vacuum clean your pocket. (are there people around who have been on nutaku a little longer who can tell me if something like that even exists?)

Ancarius
08-06-2016, 06:55 AM
The best thing you can do is just buy 1k or 2k and use the 100 Gold Pulls, that hopefully someday will reset every day like the DMM Version does. Because that would be the best ratio you can get, it would be 1$ or whatever currency you use for one pull. Not 50$ for one 11 Pull and 14 extra Gems. It wouldn't pay off immediatly, but since there is nothing to rush in the game, besides event maps, it would definitly give you something over the weeks.

MiqDoloran
08-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Really ?
Weird, the "first time purchase" I got is 1000 gold for 5 bucks.
I wonder if its divided by region and offers different sums to people.

The weirdest thing for me personally is the fact that there are NO deals. Usually you get either discount or bonus the higher more expensive pack you get. Example.
You get one for 10 $, no bonus, get one for 15 $ get 100 bonus gold, one for 20$ get 300 gold, buy one for 50 bucks and get 500 bonus gold.
Or get a % discount. lets say, buy 50 $ bundle, get 5% discount. Or something.
Being like this, is just not even trying to give you a good offer. Like "meh we dont care if you buy, but we want you to, bu we aint gonna give you any incentive, any tangible reason to wanna buy from us." Is the vibe I get from all of this.
They already said this is because they do all discounts in game and not in the store.

Myrdin
08-06-2016, 08:38 AM
With THAT diminishing exchange rate (Nutaku Gold - Flower Gems) ?
Thats very hard to believe.

ZeroZet
08-06-2016, 11:01 AM
With THAT diminishing exchange rate (Nutaku Gold - Flower Gems) ?
Thats very hard to believe.Well, they are giving quite a discount on larger bundles...

1$ = 100 NG = 1 FG = 1 $ per FG
10$ = 1 000 NG = 11 FG = 0,9090... $ per FG
30$ = 3 000 NG = 36 FG = 0,8333... $ per FG
50$ = 5 000 NG = 64 FG = 0,78125 $ per FG
100$ = 10 000 NG = 142 FG = 0,70422 $ per FG

It all goes back to the cut sharing model they have with DMM. For every NG spent in the game, they have to fork over equivalent amount of cold hard cash to original devs. Should they run much discounts on converting players' cash to NG, they will have to pay DMM more than they receive from from a whale for that NG. Not a sustainable model of business.

Tenhou
08-06-2016, 02:43 PM
So about 6k nutaku gold for a 5* and 6* (the others are useless), no thanks >.<

Heck the last deal was 5k for an 11 roll + an exchange token that let you pick a 6*, this just looks worse in every way, shape and form.

Eab1990
08-06-2016, 03:13 PM
It's really only "better" if you're completely lacking in golds and/or you weren't a fan of Anemone/Cactace/Cattleya/Dendrobium from the last gacha.

Miu
08-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Well if you are someone who was going to spend 5k+ gold this month on the game anyway, you'll generally get much better results from this than doing 10+1s from the gacha. It may be a worse deal than the last one but those people probably bought that one too, and it's still a heck of a lot better than 10+1 pulls.

As a free player though none of this is really relevant to me, I'm just sad that there isn't a FG option.

Zerana
08-07-2016, 05:02 PM
I'd really love to roll this, but it's waaaayyy to expensive. Gonna wait for a better deal like other people are.