PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does Harem Heroes seem a bit of a scam?

Biodeamon
10-31-2016, 04:26 PM
So I've playing the game for a while and so far I haven't unlocked any new girls besides the starters. Even with girls I do have I've barely unlocked anything with them because the game is miserly. I can barely get enough money sometimes to progress further in the story, and with that eating my funds I don't have enough for any upgrades. I did some research on the wiki and it turns out there are only like 10 actual girls to collect. And that being said most of them are for a gacha you have to pay nearly a dollar just for a chance at one of them. A guarantee for one girl costs 900 gold, whereas other games that would net you at least 5.

The high difficulty of being able to accomplish anything with the limited resources at hand, without resorting to paying money makes me feel a bit suspicious. That mixed with lack of content makes me feel a bit like this is a swindle, compared to the quality of other games here.

MasterE
10-31-2016, 11:25 PM
I think they've a little sooner than warranted embraced Nutaku's business models as they interpret them, even though they begin with scant content to provide in comparison with projects distributing previously produced work (and gameplay.) But there's obvious talent and personal investment in their project, so I have some optimism about the future of the game, but not quite enough to commit money to it yet. If it turns out they settle on the Peropero formula, then I'd be pretty sour about paying in.

sniddy
11-04-2016, 03:04 PM
To be honest - take it slow, the drop rate on the extra girls is shocking, money becomes near nothing soon enough

Premium content is woefully over priced unless you're gonna whale it, I'll slowly build 900 from daily may take a year....or more, then yeh

It's not my primary game, but it;s fun, the arts nice, its actually made me chuckle....scam no, another over priced on the spend - yeh but take FKG the premium sideof that is quite often too much for too little, but it's a good game just you will not collect them all

Unregistered
11-09-2016, 12:48 PM
I haven't looked at the wiki- but that "10 girls" seems kind of light. I'll admit I was only able to earn 3 girls from the darklord, and none from the ninja or troll- but thats 9 girls right there, plus the "halloween" specials from the dark lord (that I never found....), and the 5 or 6 you get for advancing the story...
It really shouldn't be a problem getting money to upgrade the girls. although lack of items to do it with can be(with 12 hour market resets, it can take 2 or 3 days sometimes to find the items to upgrade a girl to max).
you are going to just need to log on more often (upgrading the girls doesn't increase the total money they give you, the increase in amount is proportional to the increase in time between payments)
By the time the princess asks you to spend 250k, you'll hardly miss it