PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Devs - Business Model

silver07
04-19-2017, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry for my english and any kind of mistake in advance.

I have been playing some time, and lately a little bit more. In fact, I think that Harem Heroes is one of the best games that I have ever played since you do not need to keep playing all the time to obtain girls, or obtaining proper results with the contests. You can work, study, and play "at the same time".

Given that i would like to help a little bit (and i guess that most people has already suggested about game aspects (girls,storyboards and so on)) i would like to give some ideas that are quite simple related to the business model.

The current business model of the game (i think that) is based on Nutaku gold-kobans and Patreon. From my point of view i think that is a waste of opportunities (money). First of all, given that the game is based on probabilities (you buy kobans and perhaps you obtain something) most people will be reluctant of paying for "nothing". And at the same time, Patreon is avoiding people who can pay but they do not want to do it monthly (given that they can get bored of the game or whatever).

Some successful online games that I have played introduce an interesting way to make money also considering "irregular players" and "new players". The method is simple given that the company (game) offers a package of "interesting items" (for instance one girl, 10 epic pachinco games, the certainty that you obtain the girl you want with the epic pachinco, or something similar in value) once per year, during special evets, or as a start pack with a low cost for each customer - most of the times it is around 2 euros/3dollars (max. 5). Although the amount is a scientific issue, most of the people will pay that amount (less than 5) becase their brain considers that it is like a "beer" or something similar, for a product that they know that they are going to obtain for sure. Customer is paying for a good product instead of paying for probabilities. The objective is to maximize the profits with a lot of customers/players paying less money during special events (perhaps 5 times per year)

This method can be also used for all players as offers during events (easter, valentine, etc...). An small survey of one question on the game (for instance: would you pay x $/€ for a good pack?) could give an idea of the potencial income of this method. Moreover, with a database of "current" players you can know the total potencial income that it is possible to generate.

It is more than likely that developers have already considered this option, but i think that is a gap of their own market that is empty. In this sense, this method obtains two goals: Customers help developers paying for a good product, and developers obtain a variable income that allow them to develop the game.

Best regards,

Silver07

sniddy
04-20-2017, 12:49 PM
I too think little buy in's could help $5 for 100 and one spin....I'd need to spend $40 for 10 - I'm not gonna pay that, especially for a random roll - look at my last one in the main 'harem heros' thread that cemented my feelings

Now make that, $1 a spin (100 gold)...I'd consider it even if it's only offered once a month - little trickles like that both help me support games I like and give you a little boost in revenue

Now $10 for a girl....even a random one, I'd consider maybe, especially if its an event girl

principessa
04-21-2017, 09:35 AM
Hi everybody (and sorry for my english),

i read the suggestion of silver07 and I'm not totally agree with the possibility to buy the girl a player like (even i think that a possible idea), maybe i can suggest to add special girl(s) tha can be acquired only when player acquire Kobans (maybe more than 20$ or equivalent) and as I read in other thread I'm agree with give the chance to complete daily mission (during event) with Kobans.

Maybe the event not close immediately after, but remain open more days, so a player can complete (with Kobans, perhaps 10-15) the day he/she cannot play.

But give the possibility to acquire the girl a player like is, in my opinion, a waste of the concept for the game.
Thanks for reading.