PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Aigis guys/girls

Lafate
10-29-2015, 05:26 AM
Now that it has happened do you feel back to back or one week break is the best strategy for us?

lolix
10-29-2015, 05:38 AM
actually i don't dislike this format as much as you would first think. But i do believe we also need breaks. I mean , people also need time to raise their gold piles , since a lot of new (and even some older players like myself) still need to raise , cc and raise again characters to be able to finish some events. For example , i still didn't 3stared the second to last map , and for that i am cc-ing a mortimer and a conrad , since i lack both karma and/or a ninja. Besides that there is the affection items thing. We get a crapload of new characters , but can't farm affection items for them. In conclusion , i think breaks are good (hell , i'd vote for 2 week breaks >> since it gives enough time to restore a good enough stock of aff items and gold before a event) especially if they announcethe event a couple days before so we get to prepare for them

Overload
10-29-2015, 05:42 AM
actually i don't dislike this format as much as you would first think. But i do believe we also need breaks. I mean , people also need time to raise their gold piles , since a lot of new (and even some older players like myself) still need to raise , cc and raise again characters to be able to finish some events. For example , i still didn't 3stared the second to last map , and for that i am cc-ing a mortimer and a conrad , since i lack both karma and/or a ninja. Besides that there is the affection items thing. We get a crapload of new characters , but can't farm affection items for them. In conclusion , i think breaks are good (hell , i'd vote for 2 week breaks >> since it gives enough time to restore a good enough stock of aff items and gold before a event) especially if they announcethe event a couple days before so we get to prepare for them

I am on the side of lolix, you said everything that was to be said. One week break would be rly good.

Tenhou
10-29-2015, 05:43 AM
I do agree a break would probably be nice so we can stock up on stuff. 2 weeks like lolix said sounds way too much though, a week is enough :P

soranokira
10-29-2015, 05:52 AM
Hopping on the 1 week break suggestion.

lolix
10-29-2015, 05:58 AM
I do agree a break would probably be nice so we can stock up on stuff. 2 weeks like lolix said sounds way too much though, a week is enough :P

You are talking from the perspective of a very old player. At least u still got to get afd items for a sizable number of characters (as i did as well on my old account , even if not all of them are maxxed. My new account is a mess tho on that regard). You also probably have at least ....500k gold if not more , at all times. And even if for agrument's sake , that's not the case , there are a lot of players that still need to farm demon cristals (and we both know , that the drop rates in events are usually crap for those) for characters like spica. Newer players would need longer breaks imo. 2 weeks is not THAT long and would give enough time for us to get all we need for a upcoming event. Also , need i remind you people that fairies prior to events are also crucial for a fast lvl up and cc of a unit ? using 3 fairies with a plat unit would give around 4-5k xp. Dunno about you guys , but i'd rather have slower event releases but be certain we're prepared for them

Tenhou
10-29-2015, 06:21 AM
But it does not take a lot to get prepared for events if you play a decent amount. I managed to get Echidna when i actually started playing DURING the event. New content is something that is needed to alleviate from the standard grind. You get to put your trained units to use.

Also take into account star rush events, they do not require you to devote all your time to the event so you have plenty of stamina to use for that too. That with a one week break in between and you have tons of time as both veteran and newbie alike to get new stuff.

Hiro
10-29-2015, 07:12 AM
Personally I'd prefer a one week break after two week's worth of events. Best balance of getting events and being able to participate in them IMO.

As I'm relatively new (~ 1 month) I'm hurting for affection items, but I can expect that's going to solve itself in time: one can get up to 4.8 female characters' worth per average break week (or 3.8 female + 1 male) from natural stamina regen alone.

I'm also currently trying hard to get more DC, and event weeks are better than no-event weeks for that: I'm merely skipping out on each event's Thursdays, but I get to farm the events for DC for the whole week... overall the current and previous event are really good for extra DC farming (assuming you're new and hence not trying for the best possible unit) - although I seem to recall Shiho's event really wasn't.

Not sure about unit leveling speed, but one should be able to do that mid-event as well off of the surplus charisma, just less efficiently. In the long term one will max everything anyway. At that point the extra gold is only good for basic rolls, while events give you platinum units, silver unit drops, AND level completion SCs.

Of course with two single week events in a row we'd lose out on the half-day stamina carry-over for the second event, but I'd prefer that to having just half the events the JP version is getting.

Saru
10-29-2015, 07:52 AM
Since I'm playing on DMM Aigis for a couple of months now, I could say I'm already used to it. And I do know the sentiments of a newbie/lowbie of having a back-to-back events.

Honestly, I'm fine without breaks. It's just a matter of "What do you need to do?" and "How appealing this event is for you?" In this case Lynn's event, doesn't appeal that much to me, because of ridiculous stamina cost on the last map, so I sacrificed this day to do the Crystal Keeper.

As for the two weeks break most mentioned, you can have them through Star Rush/Completion Events. Farming for silver units on such event is just optional if you really need that unit, and since we're going to have the Green Crystal summons, where silver units appeared often (on my first try, I got 50%... 10 draws: 5 silver 4 bronze and 1 iron) that is a more recommended source for CC fodders.

For lowbies, who wouldn't be able to complete all event maps, I think getting the event unit is enough to participate on a event

Anonymous
10-29-2015, 08:11 AM
Back to back is the only way to go. If you're new or unprepared, then sit it out and run dailies, but there is no reason to deprive people who do want to play events from the chance to do so.

CharlesGMD
10-29-2015, 08:11 AM
It depends if we get gold rushes and bonus droprate weeks. DMM events system would be just perfect. We don't need a break after every event if we can get double drop rate once a while. It will balance out.

Besides right now it seems we are at the end of that unit drop events chain. If you look DMM event history we should be pretty close to the moment almost every second event will star event. So we'll get our time without the breaks

darkeleon
10-29-2015, 08:12 AM
yeah 1 week break to lv up the new unit that you got in last event should be ok
i still have some 2 odette and 7 shiho lv 30 waiting for platinum fairies to be fused:rolleyes:

gam
10-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Keep them coming. I started playing during the Shiho event and I struggled for a bit, but I was still able to pick her up. So far the event units I have seen have not been very appealing to me. As a new player I have picked them up in case I need them some time down the road but have prioritized doing dailies for gold, affection, and DC.

Like others have said, during the week prioritize what's more important for you and on the weekend focus on the event. I hope Nutaku keeps it up. Events give you SC and new characters are fun regardless if they fit into your current team.

Sasha
10-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Star events are great breaks, no events are bad breaks. You get far more out of a star event than a break. 1-2 days to 3* all maps then the rest of the time is yours to choose what is best.
No events mean no SC which means less farming of affection or fairys than during a break with no event.
Its a terrible idea to go all out on every event and a waste of time unless your spending money on it, in which case its irrevelant whether theres a break or not.

Buster Wolf
10-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Personally I would want a 1 week break at least or a Star Rush event since I've not seen one since I joined at the tail end of Odette's event. I don't mind not getting 5-8 SC's for a week if I could get the time to farm affection items/spirits from the challenge maps.

Started at Fairy Village
10-29-2015, 03:10 PM
I'd prefer back to back, if they added a second drop of a fairy, demon crystal, or gift to each map. Have one at the 100% they do now and have a second at like 50% or something. Otherwise I'd like 2-3 days off to use stamina to farm gifts/gold/whatever.

Shadowfae
10-29-2015, 05:58 PM
I need a break here and there to get more demon crystals and platinum armours and gold armours and such. But as far as completing the second to last map goes: I don't have a ninja either, but I 3 starred it both attempts by using Rowanna (she has a self-heal, and when she gets damaged enough she just tears things apart). I got two heals off on her, then retired her and let the rest of my crew finish it off from there after she had taken out all the hard stuff.

Blaxer
10-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Back to back events are nice and all, but 1 week break beetween events would be less rough on players; that way we can farm gold, lewd items and DC along with farming story maps to level up units and be more prepared for the next event

Then again, events are not always meant for newer/less prepared players, and sometimes one will let one or two events pass either because one's not prepared or just want to keep farming and that event's unit isn't that usefull (read Len from last event)

lacus
10-30-2015, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty happy with both back to back events and one week breaks (just nothing more than 1 wk). Perhaps a one week break per two back to back events would be a nice balance, or alternatively putting potentially skipped / less popular events between the others would work a sort of one week break (or star events as others have suggested).

PoorTroopers
10-31-2015, 03:04 AM
Both are OK with me. But wondering Nutaku could keep back to back. Long break is the worst.

I think one week revival is better.
The revival and new event mixed approach make time to prepare new event, and put a chance to get old event units for the newbie. It seems old players deceased while long break and now increasing new comers.

For me? I want Gold Rush!!

Tenhou
10-31-2015, 05:47 AM
I think one week revival is better.
The revival and new event mixed approach make time to prepare new event, and put a chance to get old event units for the newbie. It seems old players deceased while long break and now increasing new comers.

This actually sounds like a nice thing. Could even do with one revival OR star rush in between every other event instead of a complete break without events.

soranokira
10-31-2015, 11:59 PM
This actually sounds like a nice thing. Could even do with one revival OR star rush in between every other event instead of a complete break without events.

actually heard there's a likelihood of solano being next event, and after seeing the last map, I just wanna say: No, please don't.
(don't ask me for the source, I have nothing to base it on, but if it's true, I'm gonna die in star rush =/)

CharlesGMD
11-01-2015, 12:36 AM
actually heard there's a likelihood of solano being next event, and after seeing the last map, I just wanna say: No, please don't.
(don't ask me for the source, I have nothing to base it on, but if it's true, I'm gonna die in star rush =/)

You don't even need to touch last map to get maxed out Sorano tho. Her last skll level is awarded at 32* while the event itself has 36* totally.

Personally I think we should get one more drop event, like Yurina and then take a break. With either Sorano (star), Gold Rush or in the worse case bonus droprate week, hopefully both for story and dialy missons.

Hiro
11-03-2015, 02:16 AM
*knock, knock*
"Who is it?"
-"Solano."

Well, I'm hyped. It seems we're going to be having back-to-back events from now on. :)

soranokira
11-03-2015, 02:41 AM
at least it's star rush, but still...the difficulty. god damn. and Lynn's still not dropping for me!!! T_T
think I can't max CR Lynn now =(

Blaxer
11-03-2015, 05:25 AM
This event is about...?
http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2015/11/03/iUor4Qg.png

soranokira
11-03-2015, 05:55 AM
This event is about...?
http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2015/11/03/iUor4Qg.png

http://harem-battle.club/millennium-war-aigis/286-potential-events.html
Toughest star rush before awakenings ftw!

Blaxer
11-03-2015, 07:39 PM
http://harem-battle.club/millennium-war-aigis/286-potential-events.html
Toughest star rush before awakenings ftw!

Wll i have mixed feelings about this
in one hand we have not had easier past events and now we reach this wall, the toughest star rush before awakening
on the other hand i have craved for this moment, an event that actually gets me thinking into what to do next, how to move my units around the maps to 3* them; instead of just playing it once and 3* (usually if i run a map more than once is because i fucked a placement and couldn't recover or because it's the map i want to farm

Either way i'm excited for events again in MONTHS :D

Unregistered
11-14-2015, 09:03 PM
Please give me a break, like, really. ;-;