PDA

View Full Version : Armor blitz: what does an "A" tank do?

Biodeamon
07-21-2017, 07:39 PM
A tank class units aren't listed under help. What A stand for? Artillery? If so what do they do? what makes them so different from D tanks?

Unregistered
07-21-2017, 08:45 PM
A tank class units aren't listed under help. What A stand for? Artillery? If so what do they do? what makes them so different from D tanks?

They have a purple background, and "d" tanks have red. What more did you expect???
But seriously, "A" does stand for "artillery". If you look at "tank details", you'll see that all the "A" tanks have a passive skill, "high explosive shells". Which means that if they are attacking a tank near a bulding, or other tanks, everythng in their area of effect will take damage. Regualar tanks only damage 1 enemy at a time. (although a couple of tanks will target 2 or more tanks at once...).
"A" tanks also usually have very light armor, and medium damage output
"D" tanks are tank destroyers, specially made to kill other tanks. So they have high damage, armor piercing shells, and decent armor, but are usually a little slower on attack. There is actually a reddit page somewhere, (and maybe a wiki), that lists all the armor, hp, and damage of each tank, at level 1 and level 50 (max level)
In most battles, the "D" tank will be more useful than the "A" tank, considering you can already call in artillery attacks from your lieutenant.

RandomUnregistered
07-21-2017, 09:12 PM

Artillery class tanks do appear in the game's help, the "A" and its description can be seen there, just below the Tank Destroyer ("D") class.

Just click "Combat" tab and scroll down. You'll see the "Tank Types" section which describes everything.

Unregistered
07-22-2017, 11:00 AM
To answer the real question, what they do is sit unused in my reserves.

Czechern
07-22-2017, 11:37 AM
5667 that was a close one batman!

Czechern
07-22-2017, 11:38 AM
To answer the real question, what they do is sit unused in my reserves.

you mean answer** not question

Myrdin
07-22-2017, 01:31 PM
O wow, what lvl is your Super Pershing at ? Those stats are are quite considerable.
I had one with 12 hp left after around 9 hours long gathering I set up before going to bed.

The only Artillery class tanks worth of anything are 4/5*
I have a 4* Artillery and her active skill multiplies her range. If active she actually becomes a real artillery and can cover fire the frontline tanks from half a map away.
Otherwise the artillery tanks seem a bit weak when compared to Destroyers simply because they dont really have that much extra range (which one kinda expects from something called an Artillery) and dont bring pretty much anything else onto the table really (well they have passive splash damage but thats meh anyway with that range).

Aidoru
07-22-2017, 02:13 PM
O wow, what lvl is your Super Pershing at ? Those stats are are quite considerable.
I had one with 12 hp left after around 9 hours long gathering I set up before going to bed.

For scouting, just equip your tanks that you use for scouting with health and, if you have any, damage emblems. I'm not sure what the formula is but health raises durability quite a lot. Damage emblems just to increase DPS.

WonderWaffle
07-22-2017, 02:43 PM

I have a 4* Artillery and her active skill multiplies her range. If active she actually becomes a real artillery and can cover fire the frontline tanks from half a map away.
Otherwise the artillery tanks seem a bit weak when compared to Destroyers simply because they dont really have that much extra range (which one kinda expects from something called an Artillery) and dont bring pretty much anything else onto the table really (well they have passive splash damage but thats meh anyway with that range).

I used to bring two 3* Artillery then removed them as not much of use at that point. Currently I have two 4* artillery and a 5* one, and boy its all about that skill. Downfall helps at the right time due to stun so you can delay 6 seconds and annihilate just blows everything up doing 400% damage. However, you still right lol i only use the 5* (s-51 with annihilate) cause anymore is rather unnecessary from what i see so far

Czechern
07-22-2017, 08:24 PM

level 14 with a couple badges or medals or whatever

fghk0
07-31-2017, 07:14 AM
To be made to 5 star tanks ... it is ... very very difficult. :(

Almost uninterrupted manufacturing up to only 4 stars. :cool:

Myrdin
07-31-2017, 07:43 AM
To be made to 5 star tanks ... it is ... very very difficult. :(

Almost uninterrupted manufacturing up to only 4 stars. :cool:

Wait there is something like a building Que ? Like : Build XYZ of tanks to get a better % for higher tier tanks to be build ?

Ramazan
07-31-2017, 07:56 AM
Wait there is something like a building Que ? Like : Build XYZ of tanks to get a better % for higher tier tanks to be build ?

lol no, its all based on rng. Factory drops seems to be a bit lower than gacha since it also has 1* and 2* tanks too.

fghk0
08-02-2017, 10:20 AM

Are random...:)

Manufacturing time 24H is 4 stars, 5 stars are 48H ... :cool: