PDA

View Full Version : Problem with event girls

Unregistered
08-03-2017, 10:11 PM
I just got a girl from the Dark Lord but instead of it being Travel Kalissa it was Kimmie. This has happened before I believe with spring break where I got regular Sheheramazond instead of a variant but it didn't bother me really there because it was the same girl. I'm wondering if that is normal. Do the event girls and regular girls have totally different drops or is the event girl supposed to override the regular drops?

Unregistered
08-03-2017, 10:42 PM
I just got travel kalissa from the dark lord, keep trying

sniddy
08-04-2017, 01:11 AM
I just got a girl from the Dark Lord but instead of it being Travel Kalissa it was Kimmie. This has happened before I believe with spring break where I got regular Sheheramazond instead of a variant but it didn't bother me really there because it was the same girl. I'm wondering if that is normal. Do the event girls and regular girls have totally different drops or is the event girl supposed to override the regular drops?

I've had this a couple of times not sure if event drops are a separate roll or it rolls 'a girl' then decides which

JustNotFatal
08-04-2017, 03:19 AM
Hi so event girls are simply added to a pool of drop-able girls from that troll.

MuljoStpho
08-05-2017, 11:54 PM
You would think that event priority would be a feature that would make sense for them to include (or any number of other differences in how unlocking girls could have been handled). But the way they actually set it up, it's just a matter of beating the (sometimes very harsh) odds to not only get a drop but to also have it happen to choose for your drop to be the event girl as well. Probably a scheme to encourage people to shell out tons of money to just get the drops through epic pachinko spins instead (which is way overpriced to get the guaranteed drop (for a single girl per 10 spins) and may or may not feature event priority (I think it's supposed to, but there have been reports of it not working and just giving out whatever random regularly available girl instead of an event girl)).

* My random thoughts on a potential alternative unlock possibility:
1) include somewhere an inventory where you can see collected boss item drops (the ones needed while going through the story), which will continue to be possible to receive after finishing the chapter
2) make use of the suggested inventory space to also be able to collect event tokens when an event is running (similar frequency as the boss item drops or maybe slightly higher, each different boss participating in the event drops the same event token)
3) add some sort of shop or trade button on each chapter (next to the boss's fight button, I guess) where the chapter's 3 girls and maybe some other extras (random item box (or a ticket for a free great pachinko single spin)? a bit of xp or mojo? a ticket (however expensive) for a free epic pachinko single spin?) can be bought with some number of the boss's special item drop (may require a bunch of them (a matter of weeks worth of farming the boss) to get a single girl, but it's something to work towards if luck isn't giving a girl to you as an instant win, and the extras keep the boss items (somewhat) relevant on a permanent basis)
4) make use of that shop/trade option during events to let us buy event girls (in the appropriate chapters' shops) and the same types of extras using the event tokens (with the event girls hopefully priced fairly reasonable since there's only a couple weeks to get both captured event girls)

A system like that is still tied into a bunch of RNG (which could see people having bad streaks, just the same) but it would give people an alternative option with a measurable amount of progress towards getting regular and event unlocks.

DrQuatsch
08-06-2017, 05:39 AM
There is a priority for event girls implemented. They are 3x more likely to drop with regards to the other girls. But yeah, priority doesn't mean guaranteed, so sometimes you will get one of the other girls instead.

About the 10x epic pachinko being overprized: for you it maybe is overprized, but if they didn't make a fair amount of money from it, they would've changed it already. So clearly there are enough players to actually buy the kobans for the dev team to say this is the system they will use. Remember that you are getting kobans for free in the game, and that you can actually do a 10x game every 2 to 3 events if you really want to without paying anything.

Off course you can always suggest some changes, but in my eyes the changes you suggested will just transform the game into every other game on nutaku. There are enough of those games out there already.

at op: yes you can get regular girls during events as well. you can either call it bad luck or good luck depending on how the rest of the event unfolds for you. If you happen to get Kalissa as well, you will have 2 girls instead of 1, which is good luck. If you don't get her, then you could call it bad luck. Message is; go on battling Dark Lord and she might eventually drop.

Unregistered
08-06-2017, 05:56 PM
OP here,
Thanks for the info everyone. I mainly just wanted to make sure I wasn't glitching out. I'm glad to know that it was just the luck of the draw. This was the first time I was compelled to ask because I actually wanted the event girl way more than who i got. Once was just a change to Sheheramazond who i heard the original was better anyway, I remember another time I actually just liked the girl I got more than the event girl so I called that a win. I'm still hammering out my battles. At least with Dark Lord I'm covered now and before the event I got Cunegonde, who is very strong and has the sailor moon costume, so I'm not hurting for girls.

Maybe one day someone will crack the code on drop rates and we can all prosper. For now my superstition is to always buff my crit chance and put my corresponding girl to the judge on top. Sometimes I buff whatever the crown stat is but I have now idea what that does.

MuljoStpho
08-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Sometimes I buff whatever the crown stat is but I have now idea what that does.

Ego. It's the amount of health you have in battles and it's determined based on your endurance and (if I'm not mistaken) a bonus based on your current alpha (but not the other two girls).

So... the ginseng and chlorella (huh, I've been reading that as cholera and wondering why they would have called it that, never heard of chlorella before but apparently that word actually means something too) booster items are kind of redundant with each other. They're a little different, but the difference will only matter to players who pick your name to battle against. Your opponents in battle when you select to fight against another player's profile just simply have their ego set equal to their endurance (no bonus from their girls (they don't get the bonus on other battle stats either, basically the system tends to be weighted in your favor unless you come across a player with the best gear and with a ton of in-game cash invested in pumping up their stats)).

Dark Lord is always locked firmly at low level stats (I think all of the bosses are scaled easier than an average player profile?) and should be a pushover regardless of your stats if you're a higher level than him.

soviras
08-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Ego. It's the amount of health you have in battles and it's determined based on your endurance and (if I'm not mistaken) a bonus based on your current alpha (but not the other two girls).

So... the ginseng and chlorella (huh, I've been reading that as cholera and wondering why they would have called it that, never heard of chlorella before but apparently that word actually means something too) booster items are kind of redundant with each other. They're a little different, but the difference will only matter to players who pick your name to battle against. Your opponents in battle when you select to fight against another player's profile just simply have their ego set equal to their endurance (no bonus from their girls (they don't get the bonus on other battle stats either, basically the system tends to be weighted in your favor unless you come across a player with the best gear and with a ton of in-game cash invested in pumping up their stats)).

Dark Lord is always locked firmly at low level stats (I think all of the bosses are scaled easier than an average player profile?) and should be a pushover regardless of your stats if you're a higher level than him.

The difference between the two buff items (crown and heart ego stat) is mainly that one is applied to the base value and the other to the final value. Not sure which is which anymore though, but the difference isn't really visible under normal conditions.

The battle system is indeed always in your favor, but a lot more than what you seem to think. The bonuses the player gets are good enough to outperform characters with perfect gear and max level girls even when the player is only using store-bought equipment and level 30 girls. Taking myself for example, around a third of my damage and a quarter of my health comes from these bonuses... Epic gear doesn't come close to matching this amount of improvement when compared to rare gear, so people with rare gear can easily win from me if they pick me in the tower (I have almost full epic gear myself, I got all but one part from the contests). I'm not sure if the stats bought in the shop are added to people in the tower either, I think they aren't but I'm not entirely sure. Most of the stats a player gets come from the girls in your team, and that seems to add up more or less to what shows up in the tower and arena...

Unregistered
08-08-2017, 03:05 PM
OP Here with another update for anyone checking out this thread.

The RNG Gods have been good to me this week. I kept at it and got Travel Kalissa yesterday and then Travel Arcana just now.
I'm gonna cross my fingers and keep battling. Maybe I'll have a really hot streak and find more.

Unregistered
08-11-2017, 10:32 AM
I just did the epic Pachinko x10 and got Cunegonde, not any of the current event girls. What happened to "when playing Epic Pachinko during events, you’ll have an event girl guaranteed" (as per the newspost on 1/7/17)?

soviras
08-11-2017, 11:36 AM
I just did the epic Pachinko x10 and got Cunegonde, not any of the current event girls. What happened to "when playing Epic Pachinko during events, you’ll have an event girl guaranteed" (as per the newspost on 1/7/17)?

That was for that event, not every event.

Unregistered
08-11-2017, 12:22 PM
That was for that event, not every event.

That's not what the wording specifies. Plus, I got an event girl straight away on the Pachinko at the event after that one. If it's as you say, it would be nice if the developers were more clear and transparent about these things.

Unregistered
08-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Same poster as above. On reflection, the next event was the anniversary with a whole bunch of event girls up (more than the regular ones), so it's not entirely surprising that I ended up with one. The point about clarity of communication still stands though.

soviras
08-11-2017, 12:34 PM
That's not what the wording specifies. Plus, I got an event girl straight away on the Pachinko at the event after that one. If it's as you say, it would be nice if the developers were more clear and transparent about these things.

It was part of the news announcement for that event, not a general announcement. Nothing that was part of an events announcement has ever been applied to something that wasn't that specific event, so I would assume it's clear that it's part of that event and not a global change.

Unregistered
08-12-2017, 09:44 PM
darn, and here I was planning to use my anniversary kobans on this event (I tried one spin in the anniversary event, but go a regular girl. so I saved the other for this event) If I had thought the "only event girls" was no longer in effect, I would have tried another at the anniversary- (20 in 35 is much better than 3 in 18, but not as good as 3 in 3)

rapierdragon
08-13-2017, 03:11 PM
It is the last day of the Sexy journey 2017 event, and I have yet been unable to get either Travel Arcana or Travel Kalissa by battling Donatien or Dark Lord.

Usually I am able to get one of the two event girls by battle by the 10th or 11th day. About half the time I manage to get both by the last day.

Has the difficulty for winning an event girl been raised or changed? About 97% of my attempts so far have been to win Travel Arcana from Donatien.

Tristelune
08-14-2017, 01:39 AM
afaik, they didn't (i've got both event girls within 2 days). You're just very unlucky this event.

Tanny
08-14-2017, 02:47 AM
afaik, they didn't (i've got both event girls within 2 days). You're just very unlucky this event.

Ridicolous. I got Arcana within 10 tries (did these only, because I've been massively bored by grinding Dark Lord) and rest of almost two weeks grinding for Travel Kalissa has been to no avail.

This happened to me at no event, yet and breaks fun to the ground.

Tanny
08-14-2017, 05:48 AM
The more you think about it, the more ridicolous it is. As f2p you almost have no chance to get the girls at a later point (you have to wait for a special pachinko with all girls available AND save enough kobans AND hoards of luck).

Seriously, this game should be around protagonists fucking and not fucking players. Thanks.

JessieChan
08-15-2017, 01:20 AM
Hello, dear all.

I can see that some of you are facing problems with the drop rate, which is quite normal. The drop rate is random, which makes it a bit interesting. We can see players that get a girl after 30 ~ 40 fights, but on the other hand, we can see that there are players which don't get a girl even after 300 ~ 400 fights.

Good news!
Our team is working on fixing that. Our team is working on improving the game in all aspects. The devs read each complaint and they take it into an account.
Be patient, because a change will come. Well, I can tell more, unfortunately.... :)

https://media.tenor.com/images/0b31c5c12760b9b99b0a71917e3b0da7/tenor.gif

Thanks for the support and honest opinions!
Jessie Chan
Kinkoids' support

Tanny
08-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Hello, dear all.

I can see that some of you are facing problems with the drop rate, which is quite normal. The drop rate is random, which makes it a bit interesting. We can see players that get a girl after 30 ~ 40 fights, but on the other hand, we can see that there are players which don't get a girl even after 300 ~ 400 fights.

Good news!
Our team is working on fixing that. Our team is working on improving the game in all aspects. The devs read each complaint and they take it into an account.
Be patient, because a change will come. Well, I can tell more, unfortunately.... :)

Thanks for the support and honest opinions!
Jessie Chan
Kinkoids' support

LOL

Thanks for help! NOT.

sniddy
08-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Have you considered a step counter or something similar - 200/225 fights and no girl drop - guaranteed drop

Means most people can get one at least one drop guaranteed

Or coins that drop each fight - X coins means you can trade for a girl - getting a girl drop costs X coins

Tristelune
08-15-2017, 04:22 PM
Tanny, you do realize that the drops are random? And that with randomness, there is never any guarantee?
I mean: if you play any random game, you must be prepare to the possibility of losing, however high are your chances to win.
Toss a 6 faces die 100 times: there is the possibility that you will never roll a 6...

You had bad luck this event, it sucks, but that's life, man, you cannot always have luck on your side. Most people learn to live with it though...
If you cannot deal with your lack of luck... Maybe play chess? (i'm not being sarcastic here, i mean my words).

Tanny
08-16-2017, 03:32 AM
Tanny, you do realize that the drops are random? And that with randomness, there is never any guarantee?
I mean: if you play any random game, you must be prepare to the possibility of losing, however high are your chances to win.
Toss a 6 faces die 100 times: there is the possibility that you will never roll a 6...

You had bad luck this event, it sucks, but that's life, man, you cannot always have luck on your side. Most people learn to live with it though...
If you cannot deal with your lack of luck... Maybe play chess? (i'm not being sarcastic here, i mean my words).

Tristelune, you do realize that they want to earn money with the game? And that presupposes a certain player base, which grows in best case for more income.
I mean: if you play a game, that frustrates its players by a time challenging event and which is due to pure randomness not rewarding, you must be prepared to the high possibility of losing lots of players (and potential income).

Speaking about possibilities: tossing 6 times a dice is a <~17% each toss, getting an event girls is what %, maybe 1% or lower? Great comparison!

If you ever get a bypass surgery, the probabilty to die is around 2%. Around 400 surgerys went well this year... but maybe you will have bad luck, it'll suck, but that's life (or no more then), you cannot always have luck on your side. If you cannot deal with your own absence of understanding... maybe shut up? (I'm being sarcastic here, i mean, my words).

Tristelune
08-16-2017, 09:46 AM
If you cannot deal with your own absence of understanding

Lol! I understand very well you're a kid who get his panties in a bunch ;)
You're frustrated and you threaten to rage quit... How mature of you!! :)
You're just making a fool of yourself, boy.

Suck it up kid, you'll get many other bad luck in life! Just learn to deal with it.

That being said, of course the devs wanna make money with the game. The fact that maybe 1.5% of regular players didn't get any of both boss event girls (you belong to them, tough life!) is possibly an incentive to make these players try Epic Pachinko.
More importantly, their rebalance is due soon. It should deal with the issue, somehow.

Speaking about possibilities: tossing 6 times a dice is a <~17% each toss, getting an event girls is what %, maybe 1% or lower? Great comparison!
"When the wise man shows the moon the fool looks at the finger" :rolleyes:

Tanny
08-16-2017, 10:07 AM

Suck it up kid, you'll get many other bad luck in life! Just learn to deal with it.

That being said, of course the devs wanna make money with the game. The fact that maybe 1.5% of regular players didn't get any of both boss event girls (you belong to them, tough life!) is possibly an incentive to make these players try Epic Pachinko.
More importantly, their rebalance is due soon. It should deal with the issue, somehow.

Yeah, starting to argue with the putative age of your counterpart, using frenzy quotes, repeating obsolescent positions, ignoring incontrovertible arguments and building up alleged "flames" on wrong assumptions (I haven't reviewed my posts, but did I threaten to rage quit?) speaks for yourself. Same niveau as the trochbearers in Charlottesville. A Kraut compliments!

Regarding the incentive: yep, that might work for a... mind like you.

soviras
08-16-2017, 11:53 AM

A lot can be said about the chances in this game, but one thing that can not be said is that things are reasonably balanced.
Before you try to throw my post on the whole "people who don't like the system can't handle bad luck" argument that you seem to be trying to go for, I am going to tell you that I have most event girls except for one event.

First of all, attacking people based on false assumptions and treating them like children because they disagree with you is really immature.

Second of all, looking at the info available at the tower and contests, the amount of people that play daily but didn't gain 1 or more of the event girls during any random event period (since the introduction of contests) is at least 30%. The tower doesn't show the difference between event girls and normal girls though, so the actual number is probably even higher. I don't know where you pulled that 1.5% from, but you might want to reconsider when you want to pull information from that source again. If you tried to base it on the people on these forums, you might want to consider that they are also some of the most active players and thus any data based on the forums will be heavily biased towards high activity and thus not be representative of the games population.

Third of all, the rebalance has been "due soon" for months now. There is no reason to believe it will actually be anytime soon based on the information provided. Additionally, there being future fixes for something means that it was in fact an issue, and if it was an issue then it is normal to complain about it.

Fourth of all, while luck is a thing, not all odds are the same. Comparing 100 dice rolls not hitting a 6 (a 0,0000012% chance, or around 1/83000000) to something that has a reasonable chance of happening is like comparing the average families income to the income of a fortune 500 CEO and acting like it's pretty much the same. A proper comparison needs to be in a similar order of magnitude, and your comparison failed at that point.

Fifth of all, misuse of sayings doesn't make you look any smarter when you fail to notice the point that someone was making. Probably more of the opposite, actually... Seeing as you have no idea what the saying means, I will have to explain it to you... The saying originates from Buddhism, and like a lot of Buddhist sayings, it's meaning is not nearly as literal as it would seem at first glance. Your misuse of it here is exactly the thing the saying warns about... "The truth is like the moon in the sky, and language is like the finger that points at it. Can you find the moon without the finger?" It's about reading the meaning/truth of things (in between the lines) like the wise man instead of being mislead by the words right in front of you like the fool. There is no hidden truth behind your words, and as such the saying does not apply. It's origin is in the Platform Sutra of the Sixth Patriarch, which is quite an interesting text.

Tristelune
08-16-2017, 06:17 PM
Thanks for your argumented post, Soviras. It's refreshing after Tanny's whining and sarcasm. Yet, I disagree with most of your points.

First, I didn't say that the game was reasonbly balanced. Heck, if the devs do a rebalance, it's exactly because they think it's not balanced enough.

Second, you failed to catch my argument. I didn't defend the idea that "people who don't like the system can't handle bad luck" and I don't know where you got this ridiculous idea. That doesn't even make sense! So, please be kind enough to highlight the sentences that made you feel as such :)
What I opposed to Tanny is that in a game of luck, no matter how good are the odds, you always have a chance to lose. Because luck. To put it another way: "people who can't handle bad luck shouldn't play game of chance".
Do I really have to go as far as to quote myself here?

Now, about the points you raise:

Your first point: I didn't attack Tanny on false assumptions about his age. Nor I treated him like a child because he disagreed with me. That would be stupid. For what I know, he might be older than me. What I highlight though is his obvious lack of maturity and childish behaviour. Hence the way I adressed him as a child in my late post.
Being sarcastic and/or offensive in most his post certainly don't pose him as a paragon of maturity and wisdom.
Again, do I have to quote?

Seriously, this game should be around protagonists fucking and not fucking players. Thanks.

Thanks for help! NOT.
I won't bother quoting the rest, it's all in the same spirit...
So, I don't know how you call it, but by my dictionnary, acting like he does just because he was unlucky: this is childish behaviour.

Your second point: why would I look at tower and contest to make an assumption on the amount of people that didn't drop any event girl? Please... That would be so stupid...
I simply calculated it using the best approximations and educated guesses we have.
Let me explain:
1) first we can assume Tanny is a dedicated player and he did an average of 50 battle per day (of course, maybe he did more). If he tried less, i'm of the opinion that he can only blame himself for not having tried enough. In any case, let's take our typical dedicated player that does 50 fight per day
2) we know that the event was 14 days
3) we know that the drop rate for event girl is x3
4) also, I know that the best guesses made by tens of players for about a year put the drop rate between 0.1 and 0.3%. My personal opinion lean toward 0.2%, which happen to be right in the middle.
=> that gives you 1.48% chance not to drop any event girl for the event duration. Pretty close to the 1.5% i mentionned, isn't it?
So, of course, we don't know the actual drop rate, but if you have better estimation, please let me know, i'll sincerely appreciate. Also, you can argue with the model I used but it's the best without knowing the drop rate. And for some reason, i'm fairly confident that my 1.48% is close enough to the real %.
Also, I'd like to add that, aside Tanny, I know of 3 dedicated players that didn't get any of the two droppable event girl. None of them made a ruckus like he did. They just soaked it up. I didn't see any other people voicing their frustration the way Tanny did on any of the forums or discords.

Your third point: well, you should update your informations. Because there ARE reasons to believe it's due soon. The beta started a bit more than a month now. Obviously the release of the rebalance is imminent, as Jessie hinted in her post above. I'd bet that it will be released before the next event :)

Your fourth point: I deliberately took a comparison that was of a very different magnitude. It's almost impossible NOT TO roll at least one 6 over a hundred die toss. Yet it's possible. The underlying point that I tried to make Tanny realize is that when you play a game of luck, no matter how good the odds, there is always a chance for you to lose. And only fools fails to acknowledge this truth.
In fact, it was not a comparison, it was an exaggerated situation to stress my point.

Your fifth point: I commend your knowledge of Buddhism (I didn't know of the origin text). But then I refer to your fourth point: the (not so) hidden truth under my tossing die was not that there is about 17% to roll a 6 (which is the understanding that Tanny had), but the fact that in game of luck, you can fail however high are your chances. By your definition, he failed to grasp the hidden truth, didn't he?
Maybe more importantly, we live in a world where there are more and more of these people who want everything right away and don't accept when something doesn't go their way. They then start whining and can't cope with what life give them.
As a person knowledgable in Buddhism, you probably know as well as I do (or even better) what buddhism has to say and teach to these people.

TL/DR: In a game of chance, one always has a chance to lose. Whining, crying, being sarcastic and offensive because one cannot cope with this reality is a sure sign of immaturity.

To conclude: I think Tanny should have kept his calm, voiced his opinion in a respectful way and maybe made a suggestion or 2 on how the devs could make the game better in regard of this matter (like Sniddy did few posts above).

Sorry for the long post.

soviras
08-17-2017, 05:23 AM
Thanks for your argumented post, Soviras. It's refreshing after Tanny's whining and sarcasm. Yet, I disagree with most of your points.

First, I didn't say that the game was reasonbly balanced. Heck, if the devs do a rebalance, it's exactly because they think it's not balanced enough.

Second, you failed to catch my argument. I didn't defend the idea that "people who don't like the system can't handle bad luck" and I don't know where you got this ridiculous idea. That doesn't even make sense! So, please be kind enough to highlight the sentences that made you feel as such :)
What I opposed to Tanny is that in a game of luck, no matter how good are the odds, you always have a chance to lose. Because luck. To put it another way: "people who can't handle bad luck shouldn't play game of chance".
Do I really have to go as far as to quote myself here?

Now, about the points you raise:

Your first point: I didn't attack Tanny on false assumptions about his age. Nor I treated him like a child because he disagreed with me. That would be stupid. For what I know, he might be older than me. What I highlight though is his obvious lack of maturity and childish behaviour. Hence the way I adressed him as a child in my late post.
Being sarcastic and/or offensive in most his post certainly don't pose him as a paragon of maturity and wisdom.
Again, do I have to quote?

I won't bother quoting the rest, it's all in the same spirit...
So, I don't know how you call it, but by my dictionnary, acting like he does just because he was unlucky: this is childish behaviour.

Your second point: why would I look at tower and contest to make an assumption on the amount of people that didn't drop any event girl? Please... That would be so stupid...
I simply calculated it using the best approximations and educated guesses we have.
Let me explain:
1) first we can assume Tanny is a dedicated player and he did an average of 50 battle per day (of course, maybe he did more). If he tried less, i'm of the opinion that he can only blame himself for not having tried enough. In any case, let's take our typical dedicated player that does 50 fight per day
2) we know that the event was 14 days
3) we know that the drop rate for event girl is x3
4) also, I know that the best guesses made by tens of players for about a year put the drop rate between 0.1 and 0.3%. My personal opinion lean toward 0.2%, which happen to be right in the middle.
=> that gives you 1.48% chance not to drop any event girl for the event duration. Pretty close to the 1.5% i mentionned, isn't it?
So, of course, we don't know the actual drop rate, but if you have better estimation, please let me know, i'll sincerely appreciate. Also, you can argue with the model I used but it's the best without knowing the drop rate. And for some reason, i'm fairly confident that my 1.48% is close enough to the real %.
Also, I'd like to add that, aside Tanny, I know of 3 dedicated players that didn't get any of the two droppable event girl. None of them made a ruckus like he did. They just soaked it up. I didn't see any other people voicing their frustration the way Tanny did on any of the forums or discords.

Your third point: well, you should update your informations. Because there ARE reasons to believe it's due soon. The beta started a bit more than a month now. Obviously the release of the rebalance is imminent, as Jessie hinted in her post above. I'd bet that it will be released before the next event :)

Your fourth point: I deliberately took a comparison that was of a very different magnitude. It's almost impossible NOT TO roll at least one 6 over a hundred die toss. Yet it's possible. The underlying point that I tried to make Tanny realize is that when you play a game of luck, no matter how good the odds, there is always a chance for you to lose. And only fools fails to acknowledge this truth.
In fact, it was not a comparison, it was an exaggerated situation to stress my point.

Your fifth point: I commend your knowledge of Buddhism (I didn't know of the origin text). But then I refer to your fourth point: the (not so) hidden truth under my tossing die was not that there is about 17% to roll a 6 (which is the understanding that Tanny had), but the fact that in game of luck, you can fail however high are your chances. By your definition, he failed to grasp the hidden truth, didn't he?
Maybe more importantly, we live in a world where there are more and more of these people who want everything right away and don't accept when something doesn't go their way. They then start whining and can't cope with what life give them.
As a person knowledgable in Buddhism, you probably know as well as I do (or even better) what buddhism has to say and teach to these people.

TL/DR: In a game of chance, one always has a chance to lose. Whining, crying, being sarcastic and offensive because one cannot cope with this reality is a sure sign of immaturity.

To conclude: I think Tanny should have kept his calm, voiced his opinion in a respectful way and maybe made a suggestion or 2 on how the devs could make the game better in regard of this matter (like Sniddy did few posts above).

Sorry for the long post.

First point, I did not say you attacked him based on false assumptions about his age, but rather that you attacked him based on false assumptions (caused by you misreading what he writes) AND treated him like a child. It isn't immature to complain about something, complaining is human nature, especially when something is unfairly balanced. He did not throw a tantrum, he did not demand he received it, he merely complained. If you treat someone like a kid, then that can't be seen as anything else other than an attempt to weaken their position by acting like they aren't able to understand things or by acting like they are too young for something, which is exactly what you did.

Second point, 50 fights a day is quite a lot and would require someone to play and not miss any fights for almost 17 hours a day. The players who do that are few and far in between even on the forums. I used information from the tower and contests to determine who is active and who gets what amount of girls, and seeing anyone go above 30 fights per day is rare (average is 10), and that still requires you to play the game at any time you're not at work or sleeping to the point that you don't waste time by letting the energy bar stay full... An event should never be balanced around the more dedicated players, let alone the obsessively playing ones (myself included, as I'm at 60+ per day unless my internet drops), but rather give the average player a reasonable chance at at least 1 of the event girls, while the more dedicated players should have a reasonable chance at both. The reason I take the tower and contests as a guideline is because it is representative of the active players.

Third point, the beta might be happening, but that doesn't mean it will actually be releasing anytime soon. Jessie has said it would be "soon", "very soon" or similar for months, and there have been cases of betas taking months or even years (especially with smaller development teams like this game has, and this team doesn't exactly have a reasonable pace of fixing even simple bugs caused by typos). Until they are willing to give a date, there isn't really any indication of the release time other than the eternal "soon" that we have had for a long time now, because for all we know they might be spending another 3 months fixing major issues within the beta.

Fourth point, an exaggeration doesn't stress a point, it's something that often detracts from the point you are trying to make. Even if you didn't intend for it to be a comparison, it was one. You put two situations side by side, which had some similarities to them, and created a comparison between them by essentially saying "it is possible that A can happen, so B can happen too". You took the situation with the drops, and compared it to the exaggerated situation with the dice to try and make your point. If a point can't stand without an exaggeration, the point itself is too weak to stand. A hyperbole can have it's purpose, especially within a story, but within a discussion it weakens the point unless it's very carefully used and fits within context. Comparing a reasonable chance to something almost impossible only harms the point because you change the context due to the order of magnitude being too different.

Fifth point, Tanny understood the point you were trying to make, but pointed out that your comparison was bad. You can only point out that a comparison is bad when you understand the idea behind it, because else you would be unable to notice the flaw. Hence, he did not miss the point. However, you missed the point of his objection, and assumed that he failed to understand solely based on him rejecting your comparison, rather than seeing the reason he rejected it within his words. His words may be crude at times, but they do show his intent.

Finally, Buddhism has a lot to teach everyone who is willing to listen, but it also accepts that most will not attempt to reach enlightenment and it teaches us that we are not to force others to do so. Extinguishing all Raga (desire) is part of the path to enlightenment, but so is extinguishing Dvesha (aversion), and not accepting people because of their own Raga is a form of Dvesha. People start their journey because of Raga, because it is the desire to improve oneself that drives one down the path, and thus Raga is not an inherently bad thing but merely something that one must overcome on their journey (just like Dvesha and Moha have their own role). "The path can not be walked when there is no Raga, but the Raga must be lost before you can reach the end". Simply put, Buddhism doesn't have anything to say or teach to people who desire things to be handed to them or who desire to change their past luck that it doesn't have to say or teach to everyone else. (Ps. The translations aren't the best, but there isn't a single english word that encompasses the full meaning of some words.)

JessieChan
08-17-2017, 09:12 AM
Hey, all!

I would like to start with...
The team has been reading your comments and your dedication amazed everyone.

We want to clear out few things with you on this topic.

Each member has his own strong points towards our game. We respect them. Even if they are really negative. If everybody loved Harem Heroes, means something is really wrong.
We couldn't make it to here if it wasn't for you. We are really thankful.
We've been working for months and months on rebalancing and it's almost done.
*By almost done, I mean it will be out in weeks. The date will be introduced soon, here.
We do our best to answer your desires and create the best version of Harem Heroes, possible.
Although we do improvements in all ways we can, please don't forget that girls are one of the most interesting parts of Harem Heroes, it's not fair to get them within 10 fights, this means that your interest will be gone as soon as the fights are over. It sure also doesn't mean, you have to fight 500+times for a girl - we are improving that. There will be a perfect balance.
We wish that there are no hard feelings here, no fights and no bad words.
Last, not least - more information on what you can expect from our rebalance will be posted here within days. I can assure you, something big will happen.

Building the bridge between community and game creators is something that can be considered as the ''tricky part''. The one in place, that should represent community needs to the game creators can do either really good job or burn the bridge.
Kinkoids have no bridge. Not because it's burned, but it was never ever built. The team is here each and every day reading and analysing, so be sure that issues in the game, that cause a lot troubles are being care taken.

I really hope that no one has hard feelings here since we are all gathered by the amazing power of Hentai. Tune-up your radios, because big news are comming within days...

Have a kinky day!

https://media.tenor.com/images/6dcf3a15e0b17ea5742892e4ae220b4a/tenor.gif

Jessie Chan
Kinkoids Support

MuljoStpho
08-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Is that announcing a date for the start of the beta test within a few weeks, or has the beta test been going on and you'll be announcing a date for the changes to go live? Haven't seen a word about that since the confirmation email, and it's really unclear whether that means that names haven't been drawn and it hasn't started... or it did start and my name just wasn't drawn for the test group. Those possibilities seem equally likely, to be perfectly honest.

Off course you can always suggest some changes, but in my eyes the changes you suggested will just transform the game into every other game on nutaku. There are enough of those games out there already.

Funny. I first heard of and came to Nutaku for the adult version of Crush Crush (which is now a moot point since they launched the adult patch for the Steam version), then I tried out almost every game here... And I've only kept coming back to Nutaku for Harem Heroes. Couldn't be bothered with the others. But I think I was describing an idea that would make Harem Heroes more interesting and more engaging. Plus I tried to suggest something that wouldn't upset the balance of what's already in place too much. It would be an optional extra path to getting things unlocked (plus being a bonus reward system after the unlocks, although to be fair they might need some new ideas for things to collect in the game to really make that seem worthwhile (which they might be doing anyway, right? I know I've seen mention of updated gearing and higher rarity levels for gear at least)) but obviously they wouldn't scale it to be overpowered compared to an average case of how long it might take to get a girl to drop from pure RNG.

I know it's all kind of futile to be tossing out ideas this close to whatever major rebalance they've been working on anyway though. Whatever they intend to push out with this upcoming update has likely already been mostly set in stone for a while now, and they'll probably want to listen to feedback about that new version of the game before considering ideas for other future changes.

DrQuatsch
08-19-2017, 11:43 AM
The Beta test itself started a while ago, so I think we can safely assume Jessie was talking about the changes going live :o
Apart from that, we should all just keep on making suggestions to improve the game.
We want this to be the best game ever, now don't we?