PDA

View Full Version : Need your advice on Lyla

Askeladd
12-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Hey everyone. Didn't see a thread for general doubts like this one so I decided on opening a new one.

I'm currently deciding on who to feed my future rainbow spirits and Lyla is quickly becoming one of the main candidates for it. As far as I know after AW she gains a cleave effect on her skill and that paired with her insane ATK value is making me want to try and get as many SU as possible with her. Thing is I already have other duelists like Rowanna, Karma, Ada, Lilia or even Sophie and Sakuya, but Lyla is the only one capable of reaching those levels of destruction. Do you think it's a worthwhile investment?

Other SU candidates are Sophie (6/10), Odette (11/16) and Maribel (3/5).

Thanks.

lolix
12-18-2015, 02:24 PM
IMO , the first unit you will awaken is either a healer , archer or tank since they are more general use then a duelist. Personally , i'd say to keep your spirits untill awakening comes around and you decide then what you will need to awaken first. Especially since those spirits are pretty rare and even if you had an infinite amount of them , the resources to awaken 1 unit fully (both the unit , and after the skill) will require you to farm for countless weeks.

Askeladd
12-18-2015, 02:38 PM
IMO , the first unit you will awaken is either a healer , archer or tank since they are more general use then a duelist. Personally , i'd say to keep your spirits untill awakening comes around and you decide then what you will need to awaken first. Especially since those spirits are pretty rare and even if you had an infinite amount of them , the resources to awaken 1 unit fully (both the unit , and after the skill) will require you to farm for countless weeks.

Yeah, nailed it on the awakening choices. My idea is to awaken Spica and Fedora first. I was just considering this on the very long run. Lyla also gets an absurd atk value even before awakening (the main incentive is the cleaving effect and I have no need to rush her awakening). Got my doubts at first, but after this event I believe it can be a good choice because aside from Rowanna I don't have a sinlge-target physical destroyer (and Rowanna depends on her HP value). While it's true that Sophie can be used here as well or even the almighty Karma, the idea is to have a single-target physical nuker (she has 1,7k atk currently with skill on) to add more variety to my choices.

lolix
12-18-2015, 03:20 PM
to be fair , my lvl 51 cced conrad does 1.5k damage as well at skill level 2(with prince buff tho ).He is a very good duelist vs liches or mages , but vs high physical attackers , he is below average...and not because of his damage , but because of the 0 defense. Survivability is also important for a duelist. It's pointless to do 2k damage if u die in 3 hits.

That being said , lyla is the best barbarian in the game atm. She is a great unit on her own , but is not a high priority awakening unit IMO

Lafate
12-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Betty is my first awakening.

soranokira
12-18-2015, 07:47 PM
that gold too important. but anyway, you don't need to worry that much because there's no need for max skill just for AW. it's only necessary for skill AW. so you might just want to consider the pure duration/power increase from raising skill levels for the time being. if I'm not wrong at least.
Karma, not that useful IMO (dropping def to 0 is meh)
Lilia will become a tank that can dmg, so might be worth it. (I intend to get her skill AW eventually)
not too sure about the AW skills for the rest.

Kamahari Akuma
12-18-2015, 10:41 PM
The luck you have to get Sophie makes me somewhat green with envy.

But oh well.

In the case of Rainbow fairy sinks, Odette is always one to work on since the more closer she is to 16/16 the more potent she is against liches for any map. Having Sophie more or less can make your day (assuming you use her often enough in any particular map to justify the rainbow sinking), since the longer her skill is active the more damage she can do. Maribel's skill is a decent one to boost since in her case you want it to have a longer uptime, after all the best Maribel is one with her skill active. But compared to the previous two, Maribel looses out on priority. Assuming they do see use.

In Lyla's case, I'd only sink rainbows into her if you had no other units that can deal with liches. Considering 0 defense means nothing to magic damage dealers if she is one of your planned anti-lich units I'd say go ahead, but I'd still recommend sinking rainbows into Odette so that her skill is potent enough to help in dealing with the likes of those liches.

Askeladd
12-20-2015, 05:29 AM
Thanks for your answers. I didn't know Betty had such a useful AW (don't know how much % is her "moderate" instakill chance, I'd assume around 25-30%). I've decided I'll just max lvl Lyla for the time being (after maxing other units' lvls such as Odette) and decide later on the SU thing. I'll dump my fairies on Odette (I'm also always using here and Garania if a second one is needed, better use that Lyla which I use in certain maps only).

I hope those three fairies I have turn into 3 SU.

soranokira
12-20-2015, 05:45 AM
Thanks for your answers. I didn't know Betty had such a useful AW (don't know how much % is her "moderate" instakill chance, I'd assume around 25-30%). I've decided I'll just max lvl Lyla for the time being (after maxing other units' lvls such as Odette) and decide later on the SU thing. I'll dump my fairies on Odette (I'm also always using here and Garania if a second one is needed, better use that Lyla which I use in certain maps only).

I hope those three fairies I have turn into 3 SU.

Betty's AW isn't for instant kill chance, it's her 'Gold Get!' ability, which gives you 10% chance to get 100 gold on landing the killing blow. it doesn't look like much, but gold becomes very important once awakening comes due to the high gold costs.
good luck with the rainbows.

Askeladd
12-20-2015, 05:49 AM
Betty's AW isn't for instant kill chance, it's her 'Gold Get!' ability, which gives you 10% chance to get 100 gold on landing the killing blow. it doesn't look like much, but gold becomes very important once awakening comes due to the high gold costs.
good luck with the rainbows.

I think I wasn't clear enough with my explanation haha. I know the utility dwells within that gold up passive (if I remember correctly doesn't Lyla have it too?). I was just asking on the assassinate chance.