PDA

View Full Version : 1 or 2 question about Awakening

Pyonification
12-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Checked the FAQ, only saw a little sentence saying Awakening is not implemented yet, but I have a few questions just to clear things up.

What I understand so far: Awakening is to have a Gold Rank or higher character CC and have 100% affection/trust. You also need to run missions that yield Awakening token/fairy/resources first as well as have CC!Silver units, or Gold units to be used as resources to Awaken your unit. Awakened units come with new abilities and a new level cap, to gain all the more stats to faceroll the Auto-Complete button.

What I don't know is: I keep hearing "Awakening" and "Skill Awakening" used in the same sentence, or interchangeably with each other.
When I hear this, I also hear a very concerning requirement to Awaken a unit and that is to have a maxed out skill. Since premium rolls are so rare already, that means I have to spend Rainbow fairies to get my characters to have 5/5 skill in their abilities. Even more concerning, is that since these units must be Gold or higher, a majority of them will require their skill fodder counterparts to be CC'd which can become very expensive for Platinum or Black rank units.

So the questions are:
Is Awakening and Skill Awakening two different things
And
To awaken a unit, do I need 5/5 (or 10/10 | 16/16 in other cases) skill in order to Awaken a unit?
-Lets say for example I have a Betty who is 50CC60, with 1/5 skill and 100% affection, can I awaken her or do I need to get Assassinate II to level 5?

exk
12-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Awakening does not require a max level skill. Not all Gold+ units have an Awakening. Not all classes had an Awakening during the release of this feature. Expect them to come in waves or throughout the year after it becomes available.

Skill Awakening is a feature available only to units that are Awakened and has an alternate skill. It is required to have a skill at max level for them to be able to change to their alternate skill. Not all Awakened units have an alternate skill available.

ZeroZet
12-26-2015, 03:30 AM
Awakening is a game mechanic that is not yet included on the English version but It acts as a second Class Change that gives the Awakened unit a secondary ability, this ability is usually passive. Skill levels are not changed after Awakening, so if a unit has Increase Attack III before awakening they will have Increase Attack III after it as well, so no need to worry about re-leveling skills. Most units do not increase their Unit cost when Awakened, but Heavy armors' unit cost increase by 2 and Samurai's increase by 3, both these units will gain an additional Block . Ninja's cost dereases by 2 after AWK.

Requirements:

The target unit does need to be of Gold or higher rarity

The Unit needs to have 100% Affection/Trust

All units need a Spirit of Awakening, Purchased from the Trading Post for 100 Demon Crystals

Either 200k, 250k or 300k G, depending on if their rarity is Gold, Platinum or Black

3 Class specific Gold Units or CC'd Silver Units

A specific Type and amount of Awakening Orbs, gathered in special Daily missions not available at the moment. The Orbs needed vary in amount between 1(Gold), 2(Platinum) and 3(Black) and the Type depends on the Class, so far there have also been classes that need two types of Orbs

Also there are some special classes, that might not be available for awakening yet, at the time it comes out. And Skill Awakening comes after that.

Pyonification
12-26-2015, 09:16 AM
Thanks Exk, ZeroZet, this was what I was looking for!

Given I did read the wiki, but I know the wiki intentionally stays behind to avoid cluttering the pages with information not yet in the English release of the game.
So to see the awakening page, I dismissed it saying "Its probably not done yet because its not out in Nutaku yet."