PDA

View Full Version : Which unit is worth skill up using rainbow spirit

exkidd
12-27-2015, 05:49 AM
Please list the unit that worth using rainbow spirit to skill up

Note: Future unit or event unit that unable to get perfect is also fine

soranokira
12-27-2015, 06:59 AM
there are too many to count. I suggest you ask for help when you get rainbow fairies and see what units you have before considering. because end-game, every gold+ unit will be worth maxing out just for their AW+skill AW ability which can be used for different situations (including cost issues)

exkidd
12-27-2015, 08:26 AM
there are too many to count. I suggest you ask for help when you get rainbow fairies and see what units you have before considering. because end-game, every gold+ unit will be worth maxing out just for their AW+skill AW ability which can be used for different situations (including cost issues)

okay, thanks for the reply anyway.

Saru
12-28-2015, 12:19 AM
In general, Princess class will be the best option to give them. Rarity-wise, obviously they'll be the Black rarity, particularly those from the Shrine.

Also those with switcheroo skills will be also a good option, if you're using them.

Kamahari Akuma
12-28-2015, 06:35 PM
In general, Princess class will be the best option to give them. Rarity-wise, obviously they'll be the Black rarity, particularly those from the Shrine.

Also those with switcheroo skills will be also a good option, if you're using them.

With me this would be my Rainbow spirit priority list:

Odette/Yurina > Princesses/Angels/Unit types with alt mode skills > Spica > Everyone else.

Reasoning bieng?

Odette/Yurina - Both units have skills with damage reduction for as long as they are active and only become more potent with each skill lv. What is more is that between these two you can neuter most threats from events and even Immortal Beast.

Princesses/Angels/Unit types with alt mode skills - This is a mixed bag because of how much mileage you can get out of the three. Princesses since all of their skills are quite potent for each of them; ex. Olivie, whom can be one of the best anti-physical damage Princesses since her skill lets her have 100% dodge chance for the duration at max skill lv. Angels. Need I say more? They are like nuclear warheads to any big waves of enemies, and since they can gain their full block count when their skill is active they make for excellent lightning rods. Each skill lv for an Angel not only increases their skill up-time but also the time they have to wait to use their skills (Since Sophie is a black unit the initial wait is nothing, but the idea is to aim at reducing the reuse timer here). Units types with alt mode skills, the reason is right there. Not only can you make their alt modes last longer, but most units with this niche also have some multiplier boost (usually attack power) that gets rather strong the more lvs that it has (ex. Shiho).

Spica - Other than prepping for her Awakening spotlight, the idea is keeping her skill up as long as possible. While the boost is slightly neligible (the range boost can get to 1.4 which would be Soma at 3/5 skill lv), its duration is what makes it worth it. At 5/5 the duration is 90 secs, which means that skill will probably last for the duration of an entire map from deployment till completion at best.

Everyone else - Every other skill goes here (or if you really feel like it Spica can be here as well if you think so). Mostly because some units either have a niche they occupy, or because their skill is still as useful as their skill at 5/5 (Nanaly, you disappoint me). Golds and Silvers can go here as well since most Golds fit the '1/5 is about the same as 5/5' argument, and Silvers...well since they can't join in on the Awakening bandwagon its a waste, especially since their skills are usually weaker versions of what rarities higher than them get.

Eab1990
12-29-2015, 12:14 AM
Spica shouldn't be that high priority since Lauren exists and was farmable in a previous event or so.

Princesses or other units with unique-named skills, I agree with.

Kamahari Akuma
12-29-2015, 12:50 AM
Spica shouldn't be that high priority since Lauren exists and was farmable in a previous event or so.

Princesses or other units with unique-named skills, I agree with.

Like I said Spica can go down in priority if one thinks so. I just put her there cus even if we have Lauren *coughwasteofspaceunitcough*, the chances of a Rainbow spirit lvin up a skill is higher than that of combining units with the same skill name, especially for that 5/5.

kayfabe
01-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Can anyone explain to me how Bernice's Awakening Skill works? I tried checking out the JP wiki but I couldn't quite figure out if she retains a defense boost due to a wonky auto translation.

Tenhou
01-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Her defense is boosted by 1.9, she becomes unable to attack and all attacks against her deal half the attackers total attack in damage back to them. You can check Lafates post for awakening skills here http://harem-battle.club/millennium-war-aigis/661-awakened-skills-awakened-abilities.html

kayfabe
01-05-2016, 10:40 PM
I have no idea how I missed that sticky. Thanks man.

Rieyn
01-07-2016, 01:40 AM
I would never use rainbow spirits on Odette or any other event unit. Here's why.

It may be quite some time before we see it on Nutaku, but JP Aigis has had a new type of spirit that raises event unit skill level around for a few months now. They've quickly become a fairly common drop during revival events these days. What's more, you get 100% drop rate on your first clear of revival maps, so you're guaranteed at least a few of these units (Assuming that you don't let enemies through on your first clear. Yes, its worth failing the map and trying again if you do, imo)

So, assuming that we do get the same thing and Nutaku doesn't change the way things work in favor of the almighty $, I'd definitely say that rainbow spirits are better used on premium units from the shrine, unless you really are in a rush to awaken a unit or don't care about how many spirits you're using.

Editing for clarification:

For those unfamiliar with revival events, the maps are identical, but drops are changed to a pseudo-farm type event that drops revival crystals. The former event units are only available through the trading post in exchange for these crystals. However the skill up fairies and revival crystals are the main drop focus.