PDA

View Full Version : Balance Patch happen on DMM. Some things we can look forward to for what we have....

Lafate
01-07-2016, 07:02 PM
A new balance patch has hit DMM (and I can't wait for use to start getting them). In regards to classes.

Valkyrie: All Class Deployment Cost -4; HP and Attack Modified
Rogue: All Class Deployment Cost -1
Monk: All Class HP Buffed
Samurai: All Class HP and Defense Buffed
Advance Guard: All Class HP and Defense Buffed
Pirate: All Class Intervals Between Attacks Shortened (Attack Speed Increase)
Vampire Hunter: All Class HP and Defense Buffed
Summoner: Summon Master Deployment Cost -3; Attack Modified

Now for the units we specifically have.
Leeanne: HP and Defence Buffed
Gellius: AW Skill Duration Extended, and WT Shortened
Deine: Ability Defense Raised; AW Ability Defense Raised and Cost Modified
Dahlia: HP Buffed; Defense Modified
Lilia: AW Skill Duration Extended and WT Modified
Olivie: AW Skill 1) CT Shortened, 2) Duration Extended Upon Each Skill Use: 2nd, 3rd (Max).
Lyla: AW Skill Attack Multiplier Buffed
Sasha: Skill Duration Extended
Rachel: AW Skill: Intervals Between Attacks Shortening Effect Buffed Mikoto: AW Skill: 1) Added attack power increase., 2) Enemy halting effect extended., 3) CT Modified.

Specific Skills:
Following Skills Have Their WT and CT Decreased:
Strengthen Attack I
Strengthen Defense I
Recovery I
Assassinate I
Request Reinforcements I

soranokira
01-07-2016, 07:25 PM
thanks for the list, I only noticed snippets.
best thing that happened to valks: Elaine now costs 8 pre-CC at full cost, vs 13 cost pre-CC on nutaku.

Shadowfae
01-08-2016, 08:08 AM
thanks for the list, I only noticed snippets.
best thing that happened to valks: Elaine now costs 8 pre-CC at full cost, vs 13 cost pre-CC on nutaku.

Really wish they would get this Valkyrie stuff over to us. I'd love to be able to use some for maps for flexibility instead of just soldiers, but if I can't drop it right when the map starts... I have to go to a soldier, then I have to start dropping other useful things. Can't be waiting for 18 UC for a Valkyrie.

Sevrian
01-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Summoners getting debuffed...wow....although I have to say Solano does seem rather OP at the moment, so maybe that's going to be a "fine" debuff.
Rogues cost less =3 that's good since I like deploying my Cecily if only to see her sprite from time to time (I got issues I know)
Valks...ahh...less atk and HP in exchange for -4 UP...don't know how much the change was so can't tell if worth it. I mean, it's not like they have the defense to just up and lose HP like that '-'
Samurai buff!! Yes! Hopefully that makes them more "worth the UP". Not that it matters, since I'll still use my Akane to my hearts content, but hopefully this stops the argument that they don't have the stats to back all that cost ._.
Monks getting HP buff...are they hoping to make them better rush tanks? Hmm...
The character specific buffs are pretty good, although I can just see Deine, after all them buffs, costing 30 or more <.< (Says cost modified, I'm guessing they raised it, considering the buffs she got)

As a side note: GO LEEANNE!!! One of my favorite HA, and on my top 10 among the game's units. Nice to see the "Woman of Steel" living up to the moniker xD

soranokira
01-12-2016, 07:51 AM
atk reduced by approximately 5% for valks, the UP reduction makes them MUCH more usable in early deploy for UP generation instead of almost katie 1st all the time.

Lafate
01-12-2016, 07:57 PM
That and 10 Cost Clissa is stupid... It just really is.

kayfabe
01-12-2016, 09:54 PM
atk reduced by approximately 5% for valks, the UP reduction makes them MUCH more usable in early deploy for UP generation instead of almost katie 1st all the time.

The attack power nerf doesn't even really hurt Elaine or Kerry that badly since they were already stuck in that awkward sub-500 damage tier anyway--they both have a bad habit of barely leaving a standard goblin alive with one blow before massively over-killing it with the second hit, something that doesn't really mesh well with UP gain per kill. The new changes won't change that dynamic entirely, but at least now the low tier valks should be cheap enough that you can easily field a cleanup crew behind them to take care of the leaks.

I suppose the trade-off is that they'll be slightly worse duelists than before but whatever, I already preferred Conrad, Mortimer and their mighty beer guts for that job anyway.

Kamahari Akuma
01-12-2016, 10:19 PM
The attack power nerf doesn't even really hurt Elaine or Kerry that badly since they were already stuck in that awkward sub-500 damage tier anyway--they both have a bad habit of barely leaving a standard goblin alive with one blow before massively over-killing it with the second hit, something that doesn't really mesh well with UP gain per kill. The new changes won't change that dynamic entirely, but at least now the low tier valks should be cheap enough that you can easily field a cleanup crew behind them to take care of the leaks.

I suppose the trade-off is that they'll be slightly worse duelists than before but whatever, I already preferred Conrad, Mortimer and their mighty beer guts for that job anyway.

If anything they were duelists if only because they have the HP bulk and MR that made them very useful for dealing with enemies that dealt nothing but magic damage, ex. Liches. Beyond that? If you have decent healer support bandits could fill that role since bandits have crap tons of HP and usually run Risk Life of various ranks which is golden vs magic enemies since defense didn't matter anyways so in that case its okay to lose it for maximum damage output.

kayfabe
01-13-2016, 12:00 AM
Agreed. That's part of why my thoughts while posting were particularly focused on Elaine. She's got a dab of MR but her skill and mediocre defense score don't help her at all against liches so the poor girl really needs to be cheaper if she ever expects to come off the bench. Dahlia's an OK unit too but really the only valkyrie I've ever chased is Thetis and that's just because I'll need an anti-paralysis unit post awakening and started too late to get Rowanna.

soranokira
01-13-2016, 02:08 AM
Agreed. That's part of why my thoughts while posting were particularly focused on Elaine. She's got a dab of MR but her skill and mediocre defense score don't help her at all against liches so the poor girl really needs to be cheaper if she ever expects to come off the bench. Dahlia's an OK unit too but really the only valkyrie I've ever chased is Thetis and that's just because I'll need an anti-paralysis unit post awakening and started too late to get Rowanna.

all hail Lilia.
also, I kinda want both dahlia and thetis.

Koto
01-13-2016, 03:55 PM
We are way behind on the earlier balance patches. Anyone looking forward to this patch should make some noise about it, or expect to wait 2+ years.

soranokira
01-13-2016, 07:46 PM
We are way behind on the earlier balance patches. Anyone looking forward to this patch should make some noise about it, or expect to wait 2+ years.

seeing as how we havent even gotten AW, I doubt making noise would help. will just have to wait for it to come after a long period of time

Buster Wolf
01-14-2016, 04:12 PM
The Attack Speed increase for Pirates has it made them more viable compared to Archer or are Archers still preferred?

Kamahari Akuma
01-14-2016, 07:40 PM
The Attack Speed increase for Pirates has it made them more viable compared to Archer or are Archers still preferred?

Depends.

Does it also come with Pirates getting Quadra shot :P

soranokira
01-14-2016, 08:18 PM

archers are still the only class that gets attack boost against flying units in DMM, and pirates still attack slower than archer. my understanding is that only Minerva the black pirate, and Maurette the gold pirate (gold get AW ability and becomes a cannonneer,physical aoe, on skill), are worth using.

Lafate
01-15-2016, 12:26 AM
Depends.

Does it also come with Pirates getting Quadra shot :P

Well Monica attacks like 5.5 times a second with her skill... does that count?

Kamahari Akuma
01-15-2016, 08:32 AM
Well Monica attacks like 5.5 times a second with her skill... does that count?

*Drools at the prospect* Well least she won't just be a benchwarmer for Thursday dailies :P

soranokira
01-15-2016, 08:56 AM
*Drools at the prospect* Well least she won't just be a benchwarmer for Thursday dailies :P

comes with severe dmg reduction, even if she attacks like a gatling gun. and considering thursday daily mobs actually has def, I'd think twice.

Kamahari Akuma
01-15-2016, 09:40 AM
comes with severe dmg reduction, even if she attacks like a gatling gun. and considering thursday daily mobs actually has def, I'd think twice.

A sad part of attacking faster, but I never said she'd be used for Thursday dailies ;)

Lafate
01-15-2016, 02:44 PM

It isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Pair here with a dancer... hell even two... watch shit die...or better yet pair her with a dancer and enchanter. What everything get melted by her magic bullets of death.

Kamahari Akuma
01-15-2016, 05:14 PM
It isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Pair here with a dancer... hell even two... watch shit die...or better yet pair her with a dancer and enchanter. What everything get melted by her magic bullets of death.

Makes me wish we had a Dancer unit already considering its like the Prince with free stat boosts. That and the Enchanter makes everyone in range of her (Am I correct? Because that is what I'm getting from her description.) an AW Spica with AW skill on/Magic Swordsman.

But at the end of the day.

I just want my Yurina.

lolix
01-15-2016, 05:15 PM
hope we get her event next week.

soranokira
01-15-2016, 10:08 PM
Enchanter basically converts all units within range to magic attack.

also, it's true that it's not actually that bad, but that's gotta wait until skill AW. and she's not gonna be that high on my list. there's more important units to work on for skill AW