PDA

View Full Version : My Mage Dilemma

slyyr
01-11-2016, 01:43 PM
Right now I'm spoiled for choice with Mages though they are all gold or silver. All my other units its either a case of I only have 1-3 so I run with what I have or duelists where I run the best one from the class I have.

These are the mages I have right now :

Mehlis 50CC41
Valerie 50CC43
Pallis 20, 15, 6
Barbie 1
Cyrus 1 (lucky shrine roll - yay for saving DCs)

What I am looking at is where to go for Mage #3. Until I get any platinum (or if I get lucky black) mages I think Valerie and Mehlis will do the job.

I am considering Pallis because even though she is silver she is female. Affection items are a lot easier to acquire than booze. Also Cyrus and Barbie look similar so I'm unsure who to choose even if I went with one of them.

Or would I be better off just going with 2 mages and adding to them when a platinum option comes along? My witch stocks are decent (Despara 50CC40, Cloris 50CC30, Calliope 30, 20, 1) and I have Charlotte 50CC40 and Horace 50 so I can cover ranged magic attacks fairly well.

Tenhou
01-11-2016, 01:50 PM
Well, i've seldom had to use 3 mages but the occasions do happen. In that case i'd probably recommend Barbie since he has the most attack out of all the gold mages, affection counted in. I'd only level Pallis if i had copies to max CR her to make her a very cheap choice in some situations.

All in all, waiting is an option. Get your other units to 50CC50 first and then see where you stand at that point.

slyyr
01-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Well, i've seldom had to use 3 mages but the occasions do happen. In that case i'd probably recommend Barbie since he has the most attack out of all the gold mages, affection counted in. I'd only level Pallis if i had copies to max CR her to make her a very cheap choice in some situations.

All in all, waiting is an option. Get your other units to 50CC50 first and then see where you stand at that point.

Yeah I'm working on 50CC50 first. I like to plan ahead.

Good advice - cheers :)

Kamahari Akuma
01-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Looking from what you have it depends on how you want to roll: 2 Gold 1 Silver vs 2 Silver 1 Gold.

For the former, Mehlis and Barbie are the choices no question. I've said before that Cyrus has his place, but here you have mages better than him even before you rolled him so its better to go with Mehlis and Barbie here. For the Silvers, if you do need a third to do a map, it depends. Valerie at 50cc50 at 100% trust caps out around 440 attack power and Pallis at 50cc50 at 100% affection caps out at 446 attack power. If the question is raw damage Pallis is your girl for the Silver mages since her skill is also an attack steroid, so that adds to it. For Valerie, that depends if the increase in splash radius actually leads to a damage increase for big clumps of enemy units, given from what I'm aware of how mage attacks work. So depending on the situation its a toss between steroid or bigger splash damage.

For the latter, we only have 2 Silvers as of now so its no question. For the Gold mage position, its another toss up. Barbie has Val's splash increase but bigger. And I do mean bigger (2.0 vs 1.5, yes the .5 difference is definitely noticeable). Mehlis on the other hand has higher attack (505 attack at 50cc60, 100% affection) than Barbie (475 attack at 50cc60, 100% trust) and comes with a range steroid so she can be hitting things much sooner and for longer since her attack radius is larger during skill uptime.

Askeladd
01-11-2016, 03:22 PM
I pretty much stand on the same opinion. You will usually need 2 mages in most situations (if not 1 or none). Mehlis and Barbie are your go-to choices here. Barbie as the powerhouse, Mehlis as the alternative (her skill can be really useful in some maps). Your silver mages should be used due to their cost, so if you happen to be able to CR either Valerie or Pallis (and you don't need these copies as materials) go for it. I would focus on Pallis to be honest if you can put copies into her because that will guarantee SU for her. That means you will have a low-cost mage with the option of a boost ATK-wise if it really has to come to that. I feel you shouldn't need Valerie's skill in most situations anyway and by the time it's usable you would have been able to deploy Barbie and his skill would be up.

If you don't want to spend extra resources, I'd advise on just going for Barbie and stay with Val/Meh/Bar.

Just my two cents.

kayfabe
01-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Yeah, it's kinda startling how good Splash II & III can be. Garania's my best mage and while her damage is the lowest at her tier I was pleasantly surprised to see how much of the map she can nuke at once.

Lafate
01-11-2016, 05:29 PM
When it comes to mages what you want to look for is attack.

So Atk Increase Skill > Splash Increase Skill > Other Skills

Of your choices without being gender bias. I'd just Mehlis, Pallis, and Barbie.... or... Mehlis, Cyrus, and Barbie after awakening.

Though as mentioned before you would hardly need three mages late alone mages at all later one. Bishops seems to out perform them for the most part, and if you have Solano... well ya. Garania is probably the only mage we have that can out perform Bishops. Odette is simply for Magic Reduction. Sasha is simply for physical reduction (by allowing dodge). Really wish we could get Moldevort with her Atk increase skill.

Though this statement is likely to change once mages finally get their AW skills.

Kamahari Akuma
01-11-2016, 05:33 PM
Yeah, it's kinda startling how good Splash II & III can be. Garania's my best mage and while her damage is the lowest at her tier I was pleasantly surprised to see how much of the map she can nuke at once.

Speaking of Garania.

http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/01/12/o3xOW8dc.jpg

Burned 10 SCs, and this is my belated New Years gift.

I'm gonna enjoy this.

lolix
01-11-2016, 06:34 PM
at least you don't get to raise another crap mage. Garania is quite decent

kayfabe
01-11-2016, 07:06 PM
When it comes to mages what you want to look for is attack.

So Atk Increase Skill > Splash Increase Skill

I really wish we had Mole so that I could have a high level version of both in my tool box. Mages are all about hitting the right damage threshold for the map you're dealing with--Garania's skill is amazing when her base attack is enough to clear out entire waves in a shot or two but obviously inferior for clearing out a small pocket of heavy armors.

Kamahari Akuma
02-23-2016, 11:12 AM
I really wish we had Mole so that I could have a high level version of both in my tool box. Mages are all about hitting the right damage threshold for the map you're dealing with--Garania's skill is amazing when her base attack is enough to clear out entire waves in a shot or two but obviously inferior for clearing out a small pocket of heavy armors.

Depends. To a degree you can say the Splash Attack skill can be a damage increase since mage attacks do less damage the farther away other enemies are from the main target, and Splash Attack skill makes the fireball bigger which means there is less distance between enemy targets and will therefore take more damage.