PDA

View Full Version : Colo Boxes on subsequent trips

JSensei
01-14-2016, 11:30 AM
In the opinion of people here, if you are on your second trip through the boxes, are you better to try to drain the gold box a second (or more time) or the platinum box a second (or more) time?

Both boxes are geared such that you will inevitably get the bulk of the pink stuff before you get into MUCH of the good stuff.

For example, I'm running through the platinum box now for the first time. It's down to R gachas, R wilds, SR wilds of various types and 3K peros.

There are no N wilds, N gachas, or 1000 Peros remaining in the 89 items left.

This is the usual trend I notice, and it makes sense due to drop rates of items IN the box.

So: do you repeatedly empty the Gold box or repeatedly empty the Platinum box? Platinum has a higher percentage of good stuff (about double the relative percentages as what is found in the gold box) but it also has double the crap, meaning you have to blow a LOT more tickets to finally get it to nothing but good stuff.

Neko
01-14-2016, 11:45 AM
For me almost every time most the good stuff remain at the bottom of gold box, so i just make enough tickets to just press "Get all" and not bother to keep chosing :D
After that i move up to plat box and do the same twice since its about the number of wins i do before event ends. So 1 time gold 2 times plat plus extra tickets.

EvilAngel
01-14-2016, 11:50 AM
In the opinion of people here, if you are on your second trip through the boxes, are you better to try to drain the gold box a second (or more time) or the platinum box a second (or more) time?

Both boxes are geared such that you will inevitably get the bulk of the pink stuff before you get into MUCH of the good stuff.

For example, I'm running through the platinum box now for the first time. It's down to R gachas, R wilds, SR wilds of various types and 3K peros.

There are no N wilds, N gachas, or 1000 Peros remaining in the 89 items left.

This is the usual trend I notice, and it makes sense due to drop rates of items IN the box.

So: do you repeatedly empty the Gold box or repeatedly empty the Platinum box? Platinum has a higher percentage of good stuff (about double the relative percentages as what is found in the gold box) but it also has double the crap, meaning you have to blow a LOT more tickets to finally get it to nothing but good stuff.

Not 100% sure but i t hink you can't replay through the gold box?
I'm fishing for consumables and reset the platinum box if think i got enough compared to what's left inside.

Opalia24
01-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Gold box can only be emptyed once. You are automatic move to platin box when gold box is finished or when you press reset.

JSensei
01-14-2016, 02:51 PM
Not 100% sure but i t hink you can't replay through the gold box?
I'm fishing for consumables and reset the platinum box if think i got enough compared to what's left inside.

I thought when you reset the Platinum box, you had the option of going back to Pink, Silver, Gold, or Platinum. If I'm stuck redoing platinum, I'm ok with that. Like you, I'm going for consumables. I especially want some SR wilds and some burgers to make a really impressive last day.

blacksaber
01-14-2016, 05:37 PM
I thought when you reset the Platinum box, you had the option of going back to Pink, Silver, Gold, or Platinum. If I'm stuck redoing platinum, I'm ok with that. Like you, I'm going for consumables. I especially want some SR wilds and some burgers to make a really impressive last day.

Once you get to platinum, you are stuck there. Can't go back to previous boxes

JSensei
01-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Once you get to platinum, you are stuck there. Can't go back to previous boxes

Guess that makes my decision easier, huh? :p

Vic47
01-15-2016, 06:40 PM
I might be wrong, but i think i had to go through all the boxes again when i've finished the Platinum Box for the first time during last Colo... (right now i'm 54 rolls away from emptying the Platinum box for the first time - and i'm going to get it all, because i'm out of SR wilds after making a new SSR/BSR deck for this Colo) and out of Pero for, and N Gacha Tickets for rolling it for the Daily Missions...
Still, i've realized lately that i've made quite a stupid move spending Ex Wildcards on Christmas cards "just to make them all be +5) since i'm not using them in Colo Decks, and they don't even have the biggest max SED on my collection. I've also got (too late, sadly) the idea that levelling any card you can get more than once to lvl 100 ASAP helps you save those Ex Wildcards on it's Ex levels since it will get an extra level over 100 every next time you'll get it (and this is really important for the event cards, including those from Colo boxes, since you won't get another free Ex lvl for them after the Coloisseum will end)

soranokira
01-15-2016, 10:11 PM
I might be wrong, but i think i had to go through all the boxes again when i've finished the Platinum Box for the first time during last Colo... (right now i'm 54 rolls away from emptying the Platinum box for the first time - and i'm going to get it all, because i'm out of SR wilds after making a new SSR/BSR deck for this Colo) and out of Pero for, and N Gacha Tickets for rolling it for the Daily Missions...
Still, i've realized lately that i've made quite a stupid move spending Ex Wildcards on Christmas cards "just to make them all be +5) since i'm not using them in Colo Decks, and they don't even have the biggest max SED on my collection. I've also got (too late, sadly) the idea that levelling any card you can get more than once to lvl 100 ASAP helps you save those Ex Wildcards on it's Ex levels since it will get an extra level over 100 every next time you'll get it (and this is really important for the event cards, including those from Colo boxes, since you won't get another free Ex lvl for them after the Coloisseum will end)

you're wrong. answers everything above in this wall of text.

JSensei
01-15-2016, 10:31 PM
you're wrong. answers everything above in this wall of text.

I just cleaned out the Platinum box. The people above are correct. I was automatically restarted on the platinum box.