PDA

View Full Version : A growing number of questions

MalusCorvus
01-14-2016, 01:08 PM
So, I really do enjoy this game, but it saddens me that there's a shocking number of things one can do wrong. Very wrong. In order to avoid making any more irrepairable mistakes, I've compiled a list of questions that I presently have:

1. So, I can presently Class Evolve (sorry, but I just can't get used to using the abbreviation CC), which is to say I have the materials for, Katie, Eunice, Leanne, Cypria, Cloris, Iris, and probably a couple others I could Evolve but who I realize I really shouldn't. I can't Evolve all of the above at once, due to material shortages. Now, I've read Lafate's unit ranking, but I'm still not sure who's really useful in the long run - or what drawbacks Evolving them might have, so I'm wondering who of the above is worth it.

2. Related to the above, I'm curious as to what to do with Crave. Before I go further, I am aware how stupid this was, and how this forum reacts to utter stupidity, but I was just testing things with units that didn't matter too much. Back before I read the forums, I tested out Class Evolve on him. At level 30. As I say, I was curious. Anyway, I think blocking 3 units actually made him worse. Suffice to say, since he's at the bottom of Lafate's ranking for Soldiers, I should use him for CE fodder, am I right? Or XP. He'd give 970 to a fellow Soldier. But I guess I should ask, is there any kind of short or long-term hope for him? Should I make the best of a bad choice, or just sacrifice him?

3. I'm on Castle Retake in the story missions, and I just get my ass handed to me. What levels are peoples' units around that time? Or am I just using the wrong strategy?

4. I'm slowly building up Sacred Crystals, but I'm curious - if I get 50, should I spend them all in this month, or in February, to get an improved stamp card the month after? Probably February - 28 versus 31 days, and I do expect to still be playing by then - but I thought I'd ask.

5. Last but not least - what's Lafate's avatar from?

Yes, I'm a bit long-winded, but I'd appreciate input. Thanks!

Tenhou
01-14-2016, 01:36 PM
1. Katie will always be worth it, she is a very solid addition to the team and brings you more unit points. After her i'd say Iris, Cloris and Leanne are very good contenders. Most of us use CC so you'll just have to deal with it :D

2. Keep him for male only missions. Early CC'd or not he will still be a decent unit for those since you do not need the most highest leveled units ever. If not, keep him to CC other units with. We don't really respond harshly to stupidity, only stupid people that are unwilling to learn from their mistakes :P

3. It really depends. I'd say at least one CC'd mage is needed with two more fairly high level ones and a decent leveled witch. Along with that, Katie you'll want CC'd and perhaps a healer and Leanne. I suggest searching for the mission on youtube, there's several different guides on how to take it down which can give you a hint of required unit levels.

4. It really depends on whether you truly must have that stamp card. I mean, the units you can get from your first premium could make a big difference, but there's also a chance that you get crap stuff. Purely by stamp card "efficiency" it is indeed better to wait to february though.

5. Horo/Holo from the anime Spice and Wolf.

Lafate
01-14-2016, 02:39 PM
3. I'd suggest one/two star skipping castle retake. You do this by allowing the first black armor through as well as the Lich. Other then that I won't spoil any strategy.

4. It is better to do it on a 31 day month then a 28 day month unless you are doing it every mouth. Also I hope those SC are going to box expansion :p

Unregistered
01-14-2016, 02:52 PM
1) If you're really new, the one you should really try to CC first is Bashira (if you're too old to have gotten her, then skip this step). After than Katie, Iris, Cloris, Leanne in that order.

2) The failed early CC Crave can be used as awakening fodder later on, so just keep him around until you need it. Don't use him for exp (it's not worth it), I wouldn't work on him any more either.

3) Most people try to 1* skip castle retake in order to grind on the missions after it, which is easier than castle retake, and more rewarding than the ones before it. Skipping doesn't take much work as long as you know what's coming. 3* clearing it can be done later when your team is up to speed (and CCed).

lolix
01-14-2016, 02:55 PM
1. katie is good. cc her at lvl 50 and get her to lvl 40-50 asap. She is a decent tank for a soldier , and is probably the unit that u won't ever get out of your main team , except for male only maps. She's the unsung hero of aigis , and unless u get jerome , no other soldier is better.
Then u will need 2 cc-ed healers , 2 cc-ed archers , 1 cc heavy armor , 2 witches (cloris and if you're lacking anything else , another silver witch ) , 2 duelists (bandit/princess/valk) , and at least 1 cc-ed Mage. Preferably 2 at minimum , but right now , 1 is enough , for a core army

As for units order , from what you have , i'd go with katie, 1 archer, iris , leanne (or bernice if u got her in the gold rush...if not leanne is decent.) , cloris , second archer ; cypria can work as well as a duelist , but i'd say , raise her to 40 or so , and wait. She's not a cc priority.

2. As for cc-ing , never cc before level 50 because u lose stats. That being said , cc-ed crave is not that big of a deal (well , except for the lost silver) since u can use him on male maps (they don't need very high level units anyway) , and besides that , u will need cc-ed silvers for AWAKENING (which is a second , very expensive class change , that wasn;t introduced yet to our server , but will be soon. Only gold + units can awaken and to awaken them u need either silver fodder that was cc-ed >>> most likely at lvl 30 like you did with your crave <<<< or gold units (that don;t have to be cc-ed). Seeing as soldiers are used in a lot of clas changes , they will probably be very used in awakenings as well , so keeping crave for that , is a good ideea. All around not that big of a loss , except for the fact that u cc-ed a unit that u won't use right now , and will slow down your growth)

3. pretty sure lafate posted a 3star guite to all story missions , with the minimum required units , so u can use that ...or other youtube videos. Keep in mind that lafate will post guides for every new event as well , with youtube videos , so u would do good to check the forum often if u get stuck....or even befoore you try a mission to see what you're going to deal with.

4. First summons were very generous with me (got nanaly which is a black archer on 1 account and camila which is a plat healer on the other) and the fact is , a few strong summons early can make your life a whole lot easier. On the side note , i agree that you're better off waiting untill u can spend enough scs to change your stamp card. The final decision is yours , but i advise u to wait.

5. No ideea. His previous one was rowena tho (an aigis event unit). Personally i like his old one more

soranokira
01-14-2016, 07:34 PM
just gonna join in the fun.

1) Remember only to class evolve them (we call them CC here in this forum, because it's called class change in JP) when they reach lvl 50! One easy way to do this is to use 3 silver/gold fairies with platinum armors for 8k exp (worth it in the early parts of the game for fast leveling to clear to more efficient maps for farming.) refer to http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_Combination for levels to combine plat armors. Eventually you'll want to class evolve the following: Katie, Bashira, Soma/Daniela, Iris, Alissa, Cloris, Leeanne, Valerie, Calliope, Elaine, Eunice (having one of each class will almost be necessary. almost more or less in that order)

2) I'd suggest keeping crave around for AW fodder, and use him as it is for the time being in male-only maps (wednesday daily, Toast to Men)

3) castle retake is usually done with at least 1 or 2 cc'd units I think. you can refer to strategies on youtube, but the general idea is to have cypria (min 250 atk) assassinate the black armor early on while placing soldiers to generate UP and mage/witch/archer to jam pack the monster spawn point. Also take note that Lich attacks the last unit that was placed down within its range, unless it's blocked. Lich attack priority: Unit blocking it > Unit placed down in reverse order

4) probably next month

5) well yeah it's Horo from Spice & Wolf as Tenhou mentioned

feel free to ask again if you still have questions. The only reason we're all messing around is because FarK is an idiot who refuses to believe us when we tried to convince him otherwise. His ideas are just hilarious to look at. rainbow katie, right. Hope you don't ever make this mistake. feel free to ask at the shoutbox on the frontpage, many of us play aigis and talk about stuff there. Also, at least I'm glad to see you realized FarK's utter stupidity as well, before things go wrong for you

MalusCorvus
01-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Well, let me start by saying I'm glad for the prompt and helpful responses! And yeah, I figured you guys wouldn't be too harsh. My sample size for the forum's reactions to idiocy was 1, and it included FarK, and even he was making me question his wisdom. When I wasn't wondering what the heck he was even trying to say.

Anyway. My reactions to the answers!

1: Good to know that my desired units for CC are valid! I seem to have a number of those recommended for CC. I also have a few units from gacha, like Sakuya and Mehlis, that I'd like to CC in due time. To soranokira, I do have to say, I'm pleased you recommend Soma. I want Soma to be useful, but since she presently lags behind Bashira quite a bit in attack power I took her out of active service, but it's good to know she gets better. Maybe it's just the sacred first time, but I'm a bit fond of her. Besides, starting out with 30% affection with her and Alissa is not something I want to waste!

2) Good to know Crave is apparently a good mistake to make. And hearing about Awakening seems interesting, though I suspect it'll be some time before I could do that, even if we did have it in English.

3) I see. I'll probably wind up looking up a video - I wouldn't mind doing it by trial and error, but wasting 29 Charsima for each failure is a high cost. That's something I don't like about this game, failures are fairly punishing...

4) Well, to answer Lafate, box expansions are certainly on my wishlist, but I don't have much of a pressing need for them so that's a bit of a ways off. Despite my love of collecting and my dislike of letting go of units I grow attached to, I've been pretty good about inventory management this game...

5) Oh? Perhaps yet another reason to see it. Though that gif looks so sinister...

lolix
01-14-2016, 09:44 PM
as samurai go , sakuya is probably the best samurai we have in the game. Increase attack 4 makes her do a lot of damage , and her aff skill gives damage as well , so it's good. The problem with samurais is their costs , compared to what they are supposed to do : they look like anti zerg/rush units that would be able to clear big mobs fast because they attack multiple units at once , but their costs means they can't be deployed really early when most weaker monsters swarm. They are too expensive to actually be deployed on a map too early, and are at most a niche class. On the bright side , Awakening makes them all quite a bit better

Mehlis is the best gold mage by virtue of being a female unit and therefore being easier to max aff her. Also decent skill. Probably the best out of the 3 goldies.

Bashira is a powerfull archer , and it's worth cc-ing asap. Soma might be usefull since u will need 2 cc archers and 2 cc-ed healers to be able to farm the demon cristals dailis on H dificulty. When u have 200 DCs , buy a spica , and between bashira and spica , u will have very good ranged physical offensive.

Lafate
01-14-2016, 11:25 PM
4) Well, to answer Lafate, box expansions are certainly on my wishlist, but I don't have much of a pressing need for them so that's a bit of a ways off. Despite my love of collecting and my dislike of letting go of units I grow attached to, I've been pretty good about inventory management this game...

While summon could potentially give you something nice. It can also give you nothing at all. Not to mention that it isn't a maybe. You will need to space later.

I'd suggest either spending 13 or so SC to speed up your leveling process (Damage reduction buff, melee attack power buff, range attack power buff, and +5 UP start, Then after having Dragon Hunting on commission getting Gold and Exp Boost). Then spending the rest of slot expansion

or

If you don't mind catching up slows just going slot expansion then second barracks and be done with it.

Hell I've seen some poeple that had their first, second, and third barracks in addition to their gift second filled with stuff.

soranokira
01-14-2016, 11:29 PM
@lolix it was my understanding that shizuka is better due to being able to sustain herself better. still, havent got any samurai and dont really intend to use them even if I did. Also, AW does not exactly make them better that much. tanking 3 and attacking 3 is still rather meh. what makes them better is skill AW, but then again that actually changes their role completely, from anti-swarm to duelists for the most part.

@malus:
1) The main reason I suggested soma is because she starts off with that 30% affection. overall, her stats at the end will lose to daniela, but in MOST situations you're unlikely to need 2 silver archers; most players go with bashira + spica (obtainable from trading post), and only daniela/soma when a 3rd archer may be needed, which is almost never so far. and considering you have bashira, you can go with bashira for the dmg archer, and soma for slightly longer range (which would, in theory, cover more ground than bashira + daniela's higher dmg skill).
^ if above is too confusing, it is faster to max out soma at the start (30% aff advantage), so level soma over daniela is fine.

2) I wouldnt say it's a good mistake, but it's just not critical enough to destroy you, so to say.

3) well, that's mostly what players in jp have to do: trial and error. since they don't have a guide like us to follow. but certain maps are just harder and we often are just lazy and will refer to videos to get a rough idea how to pass.

4) actually, you'll eventually need the box expansion, especially to store up silver units for CC fodder, and fairies for leveling fodder, and stuff like that. especially the recent gold rush, most players who chose to keep iron/copper/silver fairies to level up units during the next Unit Farm event probably stocked like over 40 fairies. I myself only managed 20 due to lack of inventory, but I'm trying to balance spending on box expansion vs keeping SCs for events.

5) spice & wolf is a rather slice & life-ish anime.

Mehlis is a good mage to have, while Sakuya should be left alone until your core team is done, IMO.

edit: just noticed lafate's post. I have a different take on things: Return to Ruins (RtR) is great for exp, and if you're a newbie with the free 20d gold buff, you shouldn't be too hard up on gold. I myself cycled between RtR and Deep Forest Road (commission sorties) when I started in DMM aigis not long ago. You can consider using SCs to speed up leveling, but I might suggest to do so after reaching rank 101 or when the next event starts. now that we have no events in aigis, you shouldnt need to rush to bring your units up to a satisfactory standard.

lolix
01-15-2016, 12:07 AM
I agree with sora. No point in spending scs for buffs. It will be a slower pace , but scs aren't that easy to get if you're not willing to pay for them. Keep them for events/a good batch of premium summons and hope to get 1-2 good units to build a core team. Then again , that's just my opinion

buttlover
01-15-2016, 02:12 AM
Just a general tip for CCing - always focus on the HAT team first. Healer+Attacker+Tank.
I will recommend you skip soma if you can gather 200 DC crystals fast enough for spica. You really only need 2 archers and we happen to have access to 2 of the top 3 archers. Nanaly-Spica-Bashira. Not forgetting you'll need 6 silver archers to CC both of them and even more to awaken them. I managed to complete crystal keeper H with a lone CCBash archer + random ranged, so gathering 200 for spica should be doable with abit of luck.

You might wanna start focusing on the gold units you have for CC, because most gold units have application even post-AW unlike silvers.

5. Someone has a colourful imagination :p

Lafate
01-15-2016, 01:50 PM
edit: just noticed lafate's post. I have a different take on things: Return to Ruins (RtR) is great for exp, and if you're a newbie with the free 20d gold buff, you shouldn't be too hard up on gold. I myself cycled between RtR and Deep Forest Road (commission sorties) when I started in DMM aigis not long ago. You can consider using SCs to speed up leveling, but I might suggest to do so after reaching rank 101 or when the next event starts. now that we have no events in aigis, you shouldnt need to rush to bring your units up to a satisfactory standard.

sigh. There is reason I didn't say RtR. RtR will level units faster yes, but it drains gold like no ones business. Even with the gold buff you wouldn't be okay. Hell when I was doing it I was draining my entire gold pool, and that was with having obscene luck with gold armors on the monday dailies. I'd barely have enough to make it to the next daily. So with the fact that people need to be saving gold... not a smart thing to do.

Also sigh at lolix mentioning premium summons. Sure if you are a paying player go ahead it won't matter. If you aren't it will. There is a reason I and a lot of the go to people for info even on the DMM side say to get slot expansion and second barracks first before even thinking about premium summons. Even then it is only really for specific units during their spotlight only.

lolix
01-15-2016, 02:06 PM
I disagree actually. Well , i mean , first i was talking about the goddess buffs. I don't think there is a need to use them , to advance on story missions. It's a waste of scs IMO. Sure , it will level slower if he doesn't get accest to dragon hunting/flame dragon maps to farm , but considering his team , he won't have the gold income anyway (since he can't do H dailies yet for gold) to keep up with the amount of xp units he gets.

Other then that , regarding inventory space. It's generally a VERY good investment , but not for his levrel. I mean , i am already a pretty old player myself , and i've only expanded my inventory just a couple of times , without actually needing more. Sure , later i will need to aquire at least a second baracks , but right now , i have very little trouble with my inventory space. I don't see a need to rush an expansion when he doesn't even have the units to use said slots. He's better of doing a couple of premiums and hope for some good picks IMO , since getting a few plat/blacks early can really improve his odds in future events. Other then that , i do agree that he should do said summons on certain spotlights.

soranokira
01-15-2016, 09:03 PM
@lafate actually, that's why I mentioned using gold buff + RtR, as well as occasional Deep Forest Road farming when there's not enough gold. if you're not actually leveling units to 50, but only to...

kayfabe
01-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Divine protection really only hits me as potentially worth it if it's during an oddball event like Summon Beast that has an unusual number of tough maps and you could plausibly earn some or all of your crystals back by 3 starring several more maps. That's a pretty rare edge case though. Most events won't feature 12 maps and a unit as dependent on Skill Ups as Solano.

MalusCorvus
01-16-2016, 12:50 AM
Much as I would like to get to Dragon Hunters, I can't beat Castle Retake so I'm kinda stuck with RtR+DFR for now.

One thing that concerns me is the very limited quantity of silver units. Once the supply from completing the unit drops in missions dries up, I'm curious if the only remaining source will be the Shrine. The for-coins drop seems to not be worth it unless you're drowning in money, as I've never gotten a silver from it that I can recall, premium summon should mostly net me gold or platinum units, and the rare summon seems to be very much not worth it. Is my assessment correct?

slyyr
01-16-2016, 02:08 AM
Much as I would like to get to Dragon Hunters, I can't beat Castle Retake so I'm kinda stuck with RtR+DFR for now.

One thing that concerns me is the very limited quantity of silver units. Once the supply from completing the unit drops in missions dries up, I'm curious if the only remaining source will be the Shrine. The for-coins drop seems to not be worth it unless you're drowning in money, as I've never gotten a silver from it that I can recall, premium summon should mostly net me gold or platinum units, and the rare summon seems to be very much not worth it. Is my assessment correct?

There are events that drop silver units on the maps. You can farm them then.

buttlover
01-16-2016, 02:14 AM
I've never gotten a silver from it that I can recall, premium summon should mostly net me gold or platinum units?

50% Chance to get silver and you never got it before =O
Haxor, report haxor =D

MalusCorvus
01-16-2016, 02:26 AM
50% Chance to get silver and you never got it before =O
Haxor, report haxor =D

Context! :P

I've never gotten a silver from the for-coin one.

ZeroZet
01-16-2016, 04:18 AM
I am using RtR exclusively yet I enjoy a slow but steady growth of my gold pile. What I am doing wrong? :p

And I agree you should use Goddess buff only on non-farm events, ones that give you units you'd really want to use. And squeeze the hard map clears there. Now, at the break between events, if you have SC to burn, you are better off using them for stamina refills, to powerlevel your core team and better prepare for the events

Context! :P

I've never gotten a silver from the for-coin one.
Its a slim chance, but it is there. You'll have better chances to get silvers frop crystal piece summoning, but crystal pieces theself are rather scarce yet for a free player.

kayfabe
01-16-2016, 01:40 PM
There is a reason I and a lot of the go to people for info even on the DMM side say to get slot expansion and second barracks first before even thinking about premium summons. Even then it is only really for specific units during their spotlight only.

As a free player I kinda wish I had listened to that advice more even though the number of blacks I've drawn is stupid high relative to the modest number of crystals used (First pick Sybilla, and recently I acquired Despara and Sophie). At first I did a good job of resisting the temptation to premium summon thanks to the fact that I (somewhat ironically) pledged not to chase black units even during spotlights due to the odds being so bad. But man, the last few spotlights pretty much broke my resolve due to all the nice plats. Gellius, Uzume and Thetis (I don't have Rowanna) were all very high up my list and I wouldn't have turned down a Lyla, Marius or Cellia, either. Hell, I didn't even really mind getting Monica too much either. But well, random chance turned out to be random, so out of the plats I targeted I've only ended up with Thetis, which is kind of annoying. I guess I should quit whining though given that there's some dude who recorded himself doing 20 pulls on youtube and got nothing out of it but a bunch of golds and a Cypria.

MalusCorvus
02-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Okay, so, with the dawn of the new month comes an excuse to spend! I went ahead and did some Premium summons and got... another Iris, another Fedora, and another Sakuya. Oh, and Sasha. And some silver unit.

So now I want to take the opportunity to ask - silver units are obviously useful as fodder, but do duplicate gold and higher units have any use other than reducing the cost of the original unit?

Eab1990
02-02-2016, 01:53 PM
All golds can be used as substitutes for CC'd silvers when combining AW fodder. So instead of 30CC'ing a Eunice/Mortimer, you could use Conrad to AW a Rogue or something.

There's also events on DMM where gold+ males are worth 2x exp. There's one going on right now, actually.

Beyond that, there's a few that can be used as skill fodder for plats (Conrad example again, Dahlia/Lyla have the same skill).

ZeroZet
02-02-2016, 10:55 PM
You'll also be able to eventually (like, way, WAY down the line) discharge Gold+ units for a new currency used to buy some kewl new unit. Or so I heard from DMMers.