PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new game by nutaku: Duel Squad!

soranokira
01-21-2016, 03:26 AM
http://www.nutaku.net/games/duel-squad/
sounds very much like another DT:M at first glance.

Unregistered
01-21-2016, 08:43 PM
what, you mean because the ability layout is almost the same, two time elements (energy for PVP fights, stamina for quests), and it uses cards? I think your imagining things. the "My Page" button is clearly a shield with claw marks, instead of a dragon and crossed swords...
I just wish the preview had included either a quest or colloseum fight, instead of memories-and a card upgrade... unless the cut scene with Linda was a quest....
But seriously, judging from Pero Pero, Hell Fire Girls, Lord of Valkyrie, Dragon Providence, and Dragon Tactics:Memories, its probably a sub-genre formula that lots of companies use....

pcid93
01-22-2016, 04:52 PM
It is made by the same company, lmao. There are even cross-over events, where you can get cards from the other game. >.<

Unregistered
01-26-2016, 01:48 AM
Seems fairly close to Memories, trying it out anyway. they are having a startup campaign, as well as the normal first 7 days played..

pvp fights are 5 on 5. I got lucky and got a UR (Bahamut), but it costs 50 of my 100 pts available, and will take some luck to evolve.

The cards themselves are interesting, you can have up to 4 skills per card, and can "inherit" skills from your fusion cards, so soon everyone will have "counterattack" on all their good cards...

- - - Updated - - -

oh, despite the disclaimer on fusion[Notes]
*Whether you use material cards that have been fused,
or that have yet to be fused, the base card will only evolve one level.

Skill Inheritance

Material cards' skills can be inherited by the base card,
with the chance of inheritance varying depending on the skill.
By using the "Miraculous Amulet" item or fusing with points,
the skill acquisition rate is increased to 100%.

[Note]
*Passive are not inherited.

there is no seperate power up and awakening, and I DID power up a level 1 N card with 2 copies at the same time. It did evolve twice. a 4th card did not give me a limit break.

armegetton
01-26-2016, 04:19 AM
Tried it out. <br />
<br />
TLDR: Dumbed-down version of DT:M for furries. (and those who like monster girls/guys?) <br />
Way easier to pick up, has a more responsive client. And the pacing feels faster. <br />
<br />
long...

Profile4
01-26-2016, 07:35 AM
I'm more a fan of it than DT:M, although I was dissappointed that the N cards don't change their art. The only thing I noticed to change were the quotes of the cards. As for coliseum, I'm actually...

Unregistered
01-26-2016, 12:50 PM
you guys are doing more than me- spent two hours at it the other night, didn't really notice the coll energy delay, because of the auto-advance to level 20... so it was level, do 5 fights, level, do 5 fights, etc.

One thing to be careful of, while the base cards passive does not change, the passive is not fixed. IE, I can have a Natalie with a counter attack passive, or a shield passive, or a buff passive. So don't just evolve cards as soon as you have two of them, without actually looking at the two cards...

I am a little curious about some of the skills. I haven't done it yet, but at a certain level (40, 60, etc, changes with card type/evolution) the Album shows you get another skill. So I guess you have to decide if its better than your current skills, at that point?

I am going to need to test my skill slot theory when I get home. I noticed a 2 slot base card has a 3% chance to add a skill slot when inheriting from a 1 skill slot, and a 1 slot has a 20% chance from another 1 slot. So would a 2 slot have a 20% chance from another 2 slot?

JSensei
01-26-2016, 04:29 PM
How are the H scenes? Are they easy to unlock? Are they any good?

pcid93
01-26-2016, 05:20 PM
How are the H scenes? Are they easy to unlock? Are they any good?

Same quality and frequency as DT:M. Hard to unlock and the scenes themselves aren't that great. I'd have to say DT:M is actually better in this case because the DS ones have even less variety(both scenes for one card have the same pose, but one has less clothes..).

Personally I prefer DT:M's card battle setup more, but I like DS's UI more. DS is newer so it makes sense that the UI is better I guess.

Edit: Also I noticed that the sound quality is a lot worse in DS, not sure if it's just me(no other game I play is affected). Maybe it's just the BGM that's bad..idk. All I know is that it's certainly not my hardware.

Edit 2: There's no guilds(so far) in this game as well. That's a big difference from DT:M.

Edit 3: After checking the DMM/jp version, there actually will be both raid bosses and guilds in the future. So yes it is essentially a dumbed down DT:M:rolleyes:

Unregistered
01-26-2016, 06:34 PM
yep, so I checked 2slot => 2 slot is 20% chance for 3 slot. And it pops up a caution window, to make SURE you want to fuse (hmm, people keep saying "dumbed down"... )
so the rates are comparable, but slightly better if you craft 2-slots first (average of 6 cards to get a two slot, with 20% chance, vs 6 attempts at 3% ~18% total). I am guessing going from 3 slot to 4 will be similar.

armegetton
01-26-2016, 06:37 PM
Same quality and frequency as DT:M. Hard to unlock and the scenes themselves aren't that great. I'd have to say DT:M is actually better in this case because the DS ones have even less variety(both scenes for one card have the same pose, but one has less clothes..).

Personally I prefer DT:M's card battle setup more, but I like DS's UI more. DS is newer so it makes sense that the UI is better I guess.

Edit: Also I noticed that the sound quality is a lot worse in DS, not sure if it's just me(no other game I play is affected). Maybe it's just the BGM that's bad..idk. All I know is that it's certainly not my hardware.

Edit 2: There's no guilds(so far) in this game as well. That's a big difference from DT:M.

Edit 3: After checking the DMM/jp version, there actually will be both raid bosses and guilds in the future. So yes it is essentially a dumbed down DT:M:rolleyes:

yeah BGM is crap. not sure if they're trying to have a smaller file sizes. but those media files are junk.

Unregistered
01-27-2016, 01:24 AM
the 4 skill slot mission states "get a 4 slot my merging two 3 slot cards", but I did it by merging ten 1-slot cards at once. chancesfor 1 card are listed at 1%, no listing for 10 cards. either I got really lucky, or the chances add. and you could probably just use your "add slot" vial on a 3 slot to get this mission also

- - - Updated - - -

Are there elemental relationships in the game such as fire being weak to water, etc?

zerohex619
01-27-2016, 03:48 AM
the 4 skill slot mission states "get a 4 slot my merging two 3 slot cards", but I did it by merging ten 1-slot cards at once. chancesfor 1 card are listed at 1%, no listing for 10 cards. either I got really lucky, or the chances add. and you could probably just use your "add slot" vial on a 3 slot to get this mission also

- - - Updated - - -

Are there elemental relationships in the game such as fire being weak to water, etc?

- - - Updated - - -

I only like this one better because you can ACTUALLY GET AN SR OFF NORMAL GACHA. Like holy hell, that's probably the best thing to happen to these types of games that makes it worth grinding through the all the N class cards

Lyanel
01-27-2016, 04:06 AM
The question on elemental relationships in interesting, i think there is, + what is the effect of "today divine attribute" (stat-wise) ?

Also, i Need help with deck building and the passive power of some cards...

Here are all my Sr+ cards and some usable R cards :
Wood:
Bahamut (UR-evo1), Extreme offense boost to 5 wood allies
Zenobia (SR-evo2), Major offense boost to 5 wood allies
Lynda (R-evo3), Major offense reduction to 3 ennemies
Rhys (R-evo3), Major Defense boost to 3 wood allies
Lucy (R-evo2), Counter attack + Offense reduction of 1 enemy
Fire:
Salamander (SR-evo3), Major offense boost to 5 fire allies
Water:
Lyra (SR-evo1), Major agility boost to 5 water allies
Praamzius (SR-evo1), Evade attacks (50%chance)

So which one you think is better ? full wood, wood+water or full SR+ ?

LMP, actually going for the last but lose a lot in coliseum...

pcid93
01-27-2016, 05:16 AM
Overbuff your wood(lol). Your best cards are wood, so use them to their fullest.

Lyanel
01-27-2016, 06:05 AM
"Attribute Compatibility

There are levels of attribute compatibility between the attributes
of a skill and the attribute of the troop who holds that skill.
When the attribute compatibility is good, inflicted damage is multiplied by 1.3x,
where it is unfavorable inflicted damage is multiplied
by 0.8. Attribute compatibility is ranked in the following order.
Fire->Wood->Water->Fire...
*Having no attribute has no effect on attribute compatibility."

AND...

"Divine Protection Attributes

Divine Protection Attributes have the following effect on troops with the same attribute.
・Coliseum quest boss status multiplied by 1.2
・Skill activation chance multiplied by 1.2

The Divine Protection Attribute changes at midnight each night."

So with a full wood team i get powned by Salamander...

LMP, "What i did to you ? Natsu !"

pcid93
01-27-2016, 12:38 PM
You will never win every battle. But it's true that a lot of people use fire, since it's the easiest to build atm. Similar to warriors in DT:M.

Unregistered
01-28-2016, 03:23 AM
At least I already got 3 UR of different colors by sheer luck.

- - - Updated - - -

My opinion on crime busters/duel squad compared to dragon tactics

The good:

- no HN or HR cards
- no pesky male SR or UR cards for now (I find it very frustrating to get male SR/URs in DT:M)
- normal gacha can actually drop SRs
- better chances at SR/UR with premium gacha (5% and 1% while DT:M has 3% and 0.60%)
- better UI and faster

The so-so

- battle system is somewhat simpler (or "dumbed down")
- element of the day system forces you to build all three
- N cards don't change art when evolved (I can live with that I guess)
- the two scenes for each card are the same base pose with variations

The bad

- no guilds (for now)
- no raid (for now)
- no colosseum rewards after rank 15 (for now)
- the story feels pretty dumb to me
- random sound effects bug is back

Jaychao
01-28-2016, 04:20 AM
Been playing for two days and have already finished everything. chapter 6 cleared and rank 15 accomplished. Anything worthwhile doing?

Unregistered
01-28-2016, 03:27 PM
I max lv'd all my best cards and am still getting fucked by every single person in colosseum rank 13.
Bahamut
Salamander
Linda
Vayu
Tartrosa

Jaychao
01-28-2016, 10:36 PM
I max lv'd all my best cards and am still getting fucked by every single person in colosseum rank 13.
Bahamut
Salamander
Linda
Vayu
Tartrosa

You just need better luck son. some tips in this sort of games. paid players are ALWAYS the winner, then lucky players, then normal players, finally unlucky players. I am unpaid player at rank 16 with 90% win rate, how did I manage to do that?? well get as many accounts as possible. see which account is lucky( lucky means you can get UR cards or loads of SR cards). then play with this account and you should be able to success (won't get you to top 10, but top 50 is guaranteed). no need to thank me, I like to help people like you.

Unregistered
01-29-2016, 03:23 AM
not familiar with the particular cards- but dueling has a lot of luck. There is an UR with "counterattack, increase attack 3 (water?), +15% health to 3 cards". And then there is the instant kill cards they nerfed for the event (reduce 1 card to 0 hp, my R with that is 30%, so an SR or UR...), And finally the dodge skills.

- - - Updated - - -

What's up with Praamzius? Minimum water damage to 5 allies. Is it supposed to trigger counter attacks or something?

Jaychao
01-29-2016, 07:49 PM
not familiar with the particular cards- but dueling has a lot of luck. There is an UR with "counterattack, increase attack 3 (water?), +15% health to 3 cards". And then there is the instant kill cards they nerfed for the event (reduce 1 card to 0 hp, my R with that is 30%, so an SR or UR...), And finally the dodge skills.

- - - Updated - - -

What's up with Praamzius? Minimum water damage to 5 allies. Is it supposed to trigger counter attacks or something?

yea it does trigger counter attack , so like your allies can use their counter attack. 15%HP recovers is always nice.

armegetton
02-09-2016, 02:51 AM
started HBC guild since the feature got added.

I already run the DT:M one though, so if someone who really is into this one would like the leader position I'd gladly hand it over.
as I may not be on as much as the others.

lordvarokah
02-10-2016, 11:21 AM
anyone can do sparring with me?
search in Coliseum Ranking... (Rank 200-300)

IGN : Lord Varokah
CP : 1,254mil, Lv. 50
main deck : Praamzius(70), Amaterasu (60), Sakuya (80), Emile (60) and Salamander (70)

Unregistered
02-19-2016, 03:20 AM
I didn't see any details on absorption skills in the help section.

Sword of the Red Dragon
(Absorption) Deal moderate damage fire type damage to 2 enemies.

How does it work exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know how to get a 3rd copy of the event SR(Sybille) and UR(Ashleigh)?

armegetton
02-19-2016, 05:07 AM
If you look at the kill count rewards, you'll see them on there.

I believe you get a copy of the UR after 50 kills of the bigger raid boss.
and the SR after 20 kills of the smaller one.

haven't checked in a while, so the numbers could be wrong. but that's how you get the third copy for each.

Mark Nolo
02-19-2016, 06:05 PM
Anyone know how to get a 3rd copy of the event SR(Sybille) and UR(Ashleigh)?

I believe you get a copy of the UR after 50 kills of the bigger raid boss.
and the SR after 20 kills of the smaller one.
Yep yep! Really it's all written down among the NOTIFICATIONS, under [Event "Secret Mission! Search for Hermits from Unknown Lands!" Now Open!], with all the detailed information about the event.
By the way, shout out to who still has not noticed yet about the serial code that you can enter to gain several rewards. Also for that, further information can be found down under the NOTIFICATIONS. ^.^

Unregistered
02-20-2016, 01:33 AM
Thank you very much for the replies armegetton and mark.

Mark Nolo
02-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Wey there! ^.^
Does somebody here know if the medals you have in excess will get reset back to 0 by the end of this event (Secret Mission! Search for Hermits from Unknown Lands!)? Or will it be possible to save them for after?
Thank you in advance.

armegetton
02-23-2016, 09:07 AM
Wey there! ^.^
Does somebody here know if the medals you have in excess will get reset back to 0 by the end of this event (Secret Mission! Search for Hermits from Unknown Lands!)? Or will it be possible to save them for after?
Thank you in advance.

if you go into the medals tab, it'll have a date period on the bottom. in this case it says feb16 - feb29.
so that's how long it'll be before the medals disappear or get reset.

mine reset from the first one (event). but it seems like the medals seem to stay for 1 more event after the event you gather them in. I could be wrong, but that's what has happened so far.

but since it shows dates down there, I'd say that would be your best bet to follow.

Mark Nolo
02-26-2016, 02:01 AM
Okkey dokkey, thanks for that. ^.^

- - - Updated - - -

Now I would like to question how do you manage to accumulate 100,000 victory points by the deadline of an event that lasts 8 days...

- - - Updated - - -

(*lasts a week)

PrimalShade
02-26-2016, 06:27 AM
Okkey dokkey, thanks for that. ^.^

- - - Updated - - -

Now I would like to question how do you manage to accumulate 100,000 victory points by the deadline of an event that lasts 8 days...

- - - Updated - - -

(*lasts a week)

You buy consumables with Nutaku gold.

Unregistered
02-29-2016, 11:55 PM
I need a good strategy to beat the hard level battle in arena for this event?

SOMEGUY789
03-01-2016, 01:24 AM
There anyway to evo without having another of the same card? Was a thousand shy of getting a third Marina and I'm kinda pissed as I like Kitsunes.

PrimalShade
03-01-2016, 01:37 AM
At the moment, I'm fairly certain there's no other way. Which will suck with the ranking reward for this current event, as only the top 50 will fully evolve her.

Unregistered
03-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Well, I think the active player pool in the game is quite low. Maybe around 500 people? And as far as I saw there are currently just about 4-5 whales (players who make heavy use of real money transaction) so there should be a fair chance for top 50.

- - - Updated - - -

So, the hard arena bosses are single element teams of one UR and 4 SR, max evo/level and sporting 4 copies of their awake skill. Since the boss you fight is random it's impossible to work on element advantage or an individual strategy, unlike Hug in last event.
So in general what you can do is make the strongest team you can and try. There are a few points to keep in mind:
1) It's kind of obvious, but don't expect to win consistently without UR cards of your own.
2) In 5 vs 5 format battle, speed is the most important statistic. If you hit fast you can get a numerical advantage early and face less retaliation. So try to get the fastest cards and speed buffs in your deck.
3) Also obvious, you want 4 skills on every card to have 100% skill rate because basic attack sucks. Since awake skills are useful, before fusing a copy of a SR/UR you want to level it to the max so you can transfer the awake skill (Except maybe buff skills). You want to hit fast and hard so the best skills are the 4 - 5 targets ones like those of Fenrir/Singha/Pramzius etc.
4) Cards of the element of the day get x1.2 statistics, so favour those when making the deck. Full single element teams on the other hand are dangerous because you may met the boss with the advantage on you. Unless you're confident in your single element (ex you have various UR) you'd want to include at least a counter card of the other element.
5) Even with everything else prepared, you might lose because of sheer bad luck (especially against Vouivre team sice she and Pramzius have dodge passive). If you can't secure 5 wins out of 6 battles consistently (the break even point) you should just play medium arena bosses.

A Time to Screw
03-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Before coliseum rank 11 I was winning ranked matches consistently enough to earn tickets for this event. But after hitting rank 11 in coliseum I'm been losing left and right as I keep getting matched up with people using better teams that have UR. Looks like I won't be able to get this event's UR either.

Anyone got tips on what to focus on when raising characters? Should I prioritize levels or skills slots? Should I just throw all my N card fodder onto my main cards, or should I try and unlock the fourth skills slots by combining some N cards until they have 3 skill slots and try for a 20% chance fusion for the fourth slot?
Should I stop being frugal and just use my Sea Fairy jars on SRs that have 3 skill slots already?

Unregistered
03-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Anyone got tips on what to focus on when raising characters? Should I prioritize levels or skills slots? Should I just throw all my N card fodder onto my main cards, or should I try and unlock the fourth skills slots by combining some N cards until they have 3 skill slots and try for a 20% chance fusion for the fourth slot?
Should I stop being frugal and just use my Sea Fairy jars on SRs that have 3 skill slots already?

I'm guessing you started recently and wasn't around last raid event. During those events fusion Kirins and Sea Fairies are plenty since every time you beat a boss you get a prize for discovering, one for partecipating, one for MVP and one for last hit. And you're gonna beat lots... After that event I had over 300 Kirins and 40 Sea Fairies left unused because I already had raised every card to max.
So definitely stop being frugal with your Fairies.

During this event on the other hand is harder to level characters. But I don't think fusing N cards for slots is worth your time. You need in average 4 cards to get a 2-slots (one base and 3 fused) and 16 to get a 3-slots. If you just fused those 16 to your 3-slot you'd have 15% of unlocking the fourth anyway.

A Time to Screw
03-01-2016, 08:55 PM
I'm guessing you started recently and wasn't around last raid event.

Yup, I literally started a couple or so days ago right as February ended after all those delicious freebies were apparently being distributed. Wonderful timing, right? I was busy playing Hitsuji until the bad news about JPN version being shut down killing a lot of my motivation, so then I decided to give this game a try.

So it's no surprise that I can't do well in this new event. That's just the way it goes, I suppose.

I was thinking of saving my fairies and other fusion cards for when I found a character I really liked and wanted to use. But at this rate I won't be powerful enough to keep up. It's interesting to hear about how the last raid gave so much. But I'm not sure if future raids will be as generous, much less as newbie friendly.

But I don't think fusing N cards for slots is worth your time.
Yeah that makes sense. But my characters aren't max level yet, so I should just keep fusing N fodder until they are max? I also still have a ton of those SR fairies left.

A few more questions:
What should I spend my rare coins on? My gut feeling says that things like increasing maximum card storage are more worth it in the long run, but I'm tempted to purchase a couple of a story campaign character to get another unit that's fully awakened. Are any of the story characters worth awakening? I think some R cards can turn into SR cards via evolution, right?

3) Also obvious, you want 4 skills on every card to have 100% skill rate because basic attack sucks. Since awake skills are useful, before fusing a copy of a SR/UR you want to level it to the max so you can transfer the awake skill (Except maybe buff skills). You want to hit fast and hard so the best skills are the 4 - 5 targets ones like those of Fenrir/Singha/Pramzius etc

Fusing for skill inheritance also kind of frustrates me a bit because if you're unlucky and didn't unlock enough slots by the time you reach the skill awakening level you might have to sacrifice your initial high rank skill, which i would imagine is tough to regain. In a sense, you're gimped and it's a huge noob trap to any newbie who immediately fuses any duplicates.

PrimalShade
03-01-2016, 09:10 PM
I think some R cards can turn into SR cards via evolution, right?

Nope, evolution does not increase a card's rarity.

A Time to Screw
03-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Nope, evolution does not increase a card's rarity.
I thought Salamandra had an "R" version, if the memory log of her was any indication. We just get forced to awaken her immediately as she is the tutorial SR.

Unregistered
03-02-2016, 03:00 AM
A few more questions:
What should I spend my rare coins on? My gut feeling says that things like increasing maximum card storage are more worth it in the long run, but I'm tempted to purchase a couple of a story campaign character to get another unit that's fully awakened. Are any of the story characters worth awakening? I think some R cards can turn into SR cards via evolution, right?

So, as you said, in the long run the card storage is the best thing to invest the rare coins in. You could also increase your team max cost (Although you'll probably not hit the cost cap ever again after the first few levels and after adding some friends. Unless you had 5 UR or something).

It might be surprising to you (or not) but story characters are absolutely terrible. Stay clear, unless you're a completionist and just want to add them to your album. There are no R characters that can turn into SR via evolution at the moment and I don't think there will ever be, but that doesn't mean to say R cards are useless! A selected few are very solid options for the beginner. Fire type Amelie, for example, has a speed debuff passive (it's one of the best kind of passive since it can be splashed in any element deck and still control the game. That's the reason UR Fenrir is widely used at high levels) and an awake skill that hits for major damage (that's SR level damage). Water type Jill has speed buffing passive for water, and the spotlight is her awake [Chain] skill. These kind of skill hit more than once and are very good as it will not target already downed opponents on the second attack, avoiding damage overflow and resulting more efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

And there are more useful R around, so you want to keep your eyes open and don't dismiss them just for they lower rarity. Also, keep in mind that the all-important speed statistic is so only for the 5 on 5 battles. When you fight raid bosses, they always act last so speed is totally useless. You want to focus on attack/defense reduction for your raid decks.

A Time to Screw
03-02-2016, 11:43 AM
So after you finish clearing all the campaign missions, isn't it better to run the first campaign area since it only takes 1 stamina per chance for card drop compared to the 6 stam required per battle in the last area?

Or am I missing something here? Perhaps the last area has a much higher drop rate?

Unregistered
03-02-2016, 03:47 PM
No, you're not missing anything. I usually don't bother because I have no use for them, but if you want N fodder the best area is the first one. As far as I know the drop rate is the same for all areas.

A Time to Screw
03-02-2016, 05:07 PM
No, you're not missing anything. I usually don't bother because I have no use for them, but if you want N fodder the best area is the first one. As far as I know the drop rate is the same for all areas.

I don't have any other means of leveling up my units other than mass feeding N fodder. Perhaps someday I'll be good enough to somehow obtain a constant supply of kirins?

Xalgoz
03-03-2016, 05:18 AM
I have an enormous amount of Kirins in my box from the last two events, so yeah you'll eventually get good enough. Right now I have 550 Kirins and Angel Waters (mostly Kirins tho). Make sure you have ACTIVE allies and tag their bosses during events, and make sure you share your own bosses. You'll soon be flooded with kirins. Using quest Ns is an excruciatingly expensive way to level up cards, especially something like a UR, so the sooner you can break out of that the better.

I use my rare coins mostly for Miracle Amulets, because it sucks to evolve a card and then fail to pass on it's skill. If you have no amulets you can get stuck with a lot of SR/URs just sitting around unable to be fused without risking their loss. For Event bosses don't even think of fusing without an amulet or you could cripple the final card forever. You can also use them for +card storage size if you want.

Mark Nolo
03-03-2016, 07:52 PM
What should I spend my rare coins on? My gut feeling says that things like increasing maximum card storage are more worth it in the long run, but I'm tempted to purchase a couple of a story campaign character to get another unit that's fully awakened. Are any of the story characters worth awakening?

So, as you said, in the long run the card storage is the best thing to invest the rare coins in. You could also increase your team max cost (Although you'll probably not hit the cost cap ever again after the first few levels and after adding some friends. Unless you had 5 UR or something).
Nope, I believe those are the worst ways to spend your rare coins.
[MAX Cards+5] is useless because when you reach 100/100, additional cards you gain from quests or events go directly to your Presents Box, which is a HUGE storage. Personally I don't even know if there's a limit of presents it can keep, they just continue to add up.

I have an enormous amount of Kirins in my box from the last two events, so yeah you'll eventually get good enough. Right now I have 550 Kirins and Angel Waters (mostly Kirins tho).
& anyway there is always the Sell option if you really want to get rid of some cards & make space: additional cash never hurts.
[MAX Cost+5] is only for the major whales.

I use my rare coins mostly for Miracle Amulets, because it sucks to evolve a card and then fail to pass on it's skill. If you have no amulets you can get stuck with a lot of SR/URs just sitting around unable to be fused without risking their loss. For Event bosses don't even think of fusing without an amulet or you could cripple the final card forever.
Yep! Miracle Amulets are surely the best choice, as inheritance chance decreases the higher the rarity of the skill is (UR skills have only a 40% inheritance rate). You will definitely want to use Miracle Amulets when fusing cards with SR or UR awakened skills. By the way - if I remember well - a single Miracle Amulet will work for all the skills of all the cards used as fusion materials in the group the item has been used for.
Also [Fusion] Sea Angels (SR) are a good investment if you are running short on Sea Angels (note: only the SRs have a 100% chance of skill slot increase, & they give as much experience as SR cards should).

Sorry if I repeated any information you already knew.

Unregistered
03-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Nope, I believe those are the worst ways to spend your rare coins.
[MAX Cards+5] is useless because when you reach 100/100, additional cards you gain from quests or events go directly to your Presents Box, which is a HUGE storage. Personally I don't even know if there's a limit of presents it can keep, they just continue to add up.

& anyway there is always the Sell option if you really want to get rid of some cards & make space: additional cash never hurts.
[MAX Cost+5] is only for the major whales.

I disagree.

First, there are far worse ways to spend coins (like, for cash). And while it's true that the presents box is unlimited in space, it is limited in time. If you don't take the stuff out it disappears after 30 days. That's quite long, so it won't be a problem usually, but it still means that you can't think of the presents box as unlimited storage. Also, you can't fuse, evolve or use cards in there.

The storage increase is a long time investment.
You'll want at least 10 free slots in your card inventory for fusing purposes (unless you enjoy fusing them one by one or something). That would leave you with 90 base slots. I have already filled almost 60 of them (6 UR, 17 SR and 34 R cards).
"Not everyone is a collector/completionist like yourself Unregistered" you could say. "Fuse the R cards and make some space". And you'd be right, I probably will need to sometime in the future, but that won't solve the problem. We get 3-4 new UR/SR cards each week with events and the SR added to gacha pool (normal players probably won't get the UR added to gacha anytime soon). That's 12+ a month. In 5-6 months we will fill our base capacity with SR/UR, and then what? Get rid of SR? But even if you're not a collector, that would probably reduce the number of tactics available to you. You'll probably need to do it anyway once they become too many, and there will probably be some totally useless ones, but with more storage you won't need to for longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Did they took out raid bosses? haven't encountered one all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Unlike DT:M they appear only during events in this game.

Mark Nolo
03-04-2016, 05:24 PM
I disagree.
Uhm yeah, I get your point, & I have to change my mind & agree that [MAX Cards+5] is not the worst way to spend your rare coins. But still, I do see its great exchange cost (100 rare coins) being a significant burden, as - I suppose - the lack of rare coins seems to be a major issue among players.
By the way, I do hope for your sake that you will abandon soon your collector/completist hobby for (R) combat cards because not only it will quickly create problems with your cards' storage, but it will also reduce your gain of rare coins as a major income of those comes from fusions of (UR), (SR) & (R) combat cards. So yep, I recommend for each card to just unlock the 3 evolution stages in your Album & then done. ^.^

rdtx2015
03-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Just started this game. What are these Kirin cards for? their cost is like 9999 or something

Also lucked out in Gacha and got UR Failinis
Also have SR Salamander and SR Tartrosa

Eliont
03-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Kirin is a fusing card, to get exp by combining.
Also, evolve u SR+ units properly:

1) Max levels all three copies to get their awakened skills
2) Get one card to 4 skill slots.
3) Fuse with Miracle Amulet for 100% skill transfer
4) Tranfer 2 awakened skills to main card.
5) Level her to max and you got awakened skill in fourth slot.

Mark Nolo
03-05-2016, 06:14 AM
^ Great summary of how to do it.

A Time to Screw
03-05-2016, 08:46 AM
I'm an idiot and have been using Miracle Amulets on only one duplicate at a time. It never occurred to me to combine the two other duplicates using one amulet in one fell swoop.

On the other hand, unless they are event cards that you can obtain all three copies of reliably, maxing out cards could take a long time, especially considering how uncommon UR draws are.

A bigger gap between whales and the rest of us plebeians, i guess.

Unregistered
03-06-2016, 03:16 AM
On the other hand, unless they are event cards that you can obtain all three copies of reliably, maxing out cards could take a long time, especially considering how uncommon UR draws are.

A bigger gap between whales and the rest of us plebeians, i guess.

Agreed. But hey, at least there are only a few whales (I count 9 of them now, the top 8 in ranking and some guy with lots of maxed gacha UR in rank 40-ish) so we normal players do have a chance in events. I'm currently in top 50 without having spent a cent, but the last two days of event will be probably quite rough.

cptvalor
03-06-2016, 11:43 PM
got a question on the new log in reward card "(UR) Arena". in her card info i checked out her awake skill and it says extreme fire damage to 2 fire types! my question is does her skill only damage fire types and other cards take no damage, or do fire types take extreme damage and other cards take normal damage?! has anyone tried using this card yet to know how this skill works or if its some error in the translation?! just thought i would bring this up as it might confuse others as well. thanks in advance if someone figures this out!

Mark Nolo
03-07-2016, 01:22 AM
got a question on the new log in reward card "(UR) Arena". in her card info i checked out her awake skill and it says extreme fire damage to 2 fire types! my question is does her skill only damage fire types and other cards take no damage, or do fire types take extreme damage and other cards take normal damage?! has anyone tried using this card yet to know how this skill works or if its some error in the translation?! just thought i would bring this up as it might confuse others as well. thanks in advance if someone figures this out!
Lel, it is probably a translation error. Tried her in a practice battle & this is what the awakened skill should be:

[Deals major fire-type damage to 2 enemies/Extreme boost to Offense] (Note: boosts are only to herself.)

Or maybe... she prioritizes as targets fire-type enemies if there are any? Don't know about that, but I pretty much discredit this hypothesis as it would not make much sense.

cptvalor
03-07-2016, 09:33 AM
ok thats good to know! thanks for that! now that thats figured out, its time to think up some strategies on how to use a card that only buffs itself!

Unregistered
03-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Since her statistics are low and her passive has no sinergy with anything, the only use I can think of Arena is to transfer her awake skill to a card with a counter passive. Let me know if you find any other working strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

On an unrelated note, we ought be getting water UR loli next event. Wonder if there will be censorship.

cptvalor
03-07-2016, 03:51 PM
my first thoughts on a strategy for Arena was to use a team of 4 other elements and have her as the 5th who buffs herself when she doesnt get the buff from the other elements! havent used this strategy yet as i think if she is evolved to her 3rd lvl her stats might improve! right now her stats are similar to that of one of the first event SR's, but i think she will grow stronger in her final form (she is a UR after all)!

Unregistered
03-08-2016, 02:37 AM
The event order seems a bit different? But wow, they're giving free UR ticket with the serial.

Mark Nolo
03-08-2016, 03:19 AM
But wow, they're giving free UR ticket with the serial.
Finally, my first (UR) ever got from gacha! :D

Attila_Nagy
03-08-2016, 04:59 AM
Im new to the game and i dont know how to use the Miracle Amulet, any helpfull comment?

cptvalor
03-08-2016, 06:22 AM
Im new to the game and i dont know how to use the Miracle Amulet, any helpfull comment?

the miracle amulet allows you to get a 100% inheritance chance for moves when fusing cards! this is best used when having 2 or 3 copies of a card leveled to max and fusing your two copies of the base card using a miracle amulet! this guarantees that your newly fused card will have 3 copies of their awake skill (this is the skill they learn when they reach MAX level)! before you do this you should make sure the base card has at least 3 skill slots open or your hard work will go up in smoke! to open extra skill slots use a sea angel (SR). these grant a 100% chance to open a skill slot. you can try sea angel (R) or (N), but R gives 50% and N gives 20%!

im getting side tracked here though! to continue about the miracle amulet... in case you dont know how to use it you can find a drop down window under the two circular buttons that you would click to fuse your cards. open that drop down window and you should have two options, the default being to not use an item and the second should say use miracle amulet or just miracle amulet. select that and then do your fusion as normal and you will see an extra piece of information on the confirm fusion window that opens up. in the top left corner there should be a spot that shows that you are using an amulet if done correctly. it will also show how many you have left there as well. after that you should be good to go!

Unregistered
03-08-2016, 11:56 AM
High difficulty, last stage in event dungeon is as far as i can go. So for anyone hunting the cards from chest or hunting treasure for exchange, which difficulty would you guys go to to farm those? Unless higher difficulty has higher chance to get the UR and SR card but then there is also more stamina cost.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess most people will farm at High - 4 like you said. Higher difficulty dungeons have higher treasure payout per stamina point, but the Extreme level dungeon can be risky as you could fail to clear them and lose some potential treasure. There aren't UR Kirin in chests, only SR, and High level dungeons already drops them.

Aeolith
03-09-2016, 12:06 AM
Why is the extreme dungeon so difficult? I've only tried it twice but I failed miserably. It seems to me that you wouldn't be able to complete it unless you have a ton of those revive crystals... T.T

Unregistered
03-09-2016, 09:27 AM
It looks like Vanya and especially Amor have changed the colosseum metagame... Pairing those two with Yatsufusa, another fire card (like Ashleigh) and another non fire card (to avoid dispersion of the buffs/heals) makes a quite strong deck. A speed focused deck is likely to not be able to outdamage Amor's healing at all after getting debuffed and then get butchered by Yatsufusa's counters.

- - - Updated - - -

You can get the chest reward even if you leave the dungeon without killing the boss, just letting others know in case your HP is low and know you can't advance further.

Mark Nolo
03-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Why is the extreme dungeon so difficult? I've only tried it twice but I failed miserably. It seems to me that you wouldn't be able to complete it unless you have a ton of those revive crystals... T.T
Not really, no need at all for Revive Crystals. It just takes luck & attempts (& personally also the aid of an ally deck with 1500000 combat power).
Anyway, the only major reasons to go for the Extreme level are the [SR Guaranteed Special Gacha Ticket] for first time completion of stage 03 & the title "Super Hunter" for first time completion of stage 04. For farming Temple Treasures & other rewards , also I do recommend remaining on stage 04 of the High level.

You can get the chest reward even if you leave the dungeon without killing the boss, just letting others know in case your HP is low and know you can't advance further.
Oh yeah, wanted to point that out indeed: it is better "giving up" when you notice you can't take it anymore rather than going all out trying to do the best you can.

Unregistered
03-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Also want to mention, it seems like the SR and UR card we get from chest only comes from boss chest. Got 2 Forcalor and 1 Typhon. Dam, i shouldn't have bought the Typhon, now i got an extra. I could always level her and inherit her skill to other cards i guess since can't make it Typhon+1 like in dragon tactics.

Mark Nolo
03-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Also want to mention, it seems like the SR and UR card we get from chest only comes from boss chest. Got 2 Forcalor and 1 Typhon. Dam, i shouldn't have bought the Typhon, now i got an extra. I could always level her and inherit her skill to other cards i guess since can't make it Typhon+1 like in dragon tactics.
Damn lucky you, I'm trying so hard to gain them from the Treasure Chests...

Unregistered
03-11-2016, 08:29 AM
where i can use challenge tickets?

- - - Updated - - -

You can't use them anymore: they were for last event.

A Time to Screw
03-12-2016, 09:38 AM
I still have those skill fusion cards from the beginning, like Dreamy Haze? Are they any good? Should I just save them for a card I really like (aesthetically)?

Unregistered
03-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Dreamy Gaze perhaps? I suppose it's a bit underwhelming for a SR skill, major boost to own attack and moderate non-elemental damage to 3 enemies. There are better version of it, Alexia's awake skill is major boost and major damage and Yatsufusa is major boost to two fire type and major damage. The non-elemental typing is not that useful either, since we usually won't pick unfavorable element in a matchup whenever we have the choice. Battle Navigator is a bit better, it has the same power as Tartrosa's awake skill.
If you have Heavenly Sword Dance, that one could be useful on a counter card, it's similar but a little better than Arena's awake skill.

Mark Nolo
03-12-2016, 10:55 AM
I still have those skill fusion cards from the beginning, like Dreamy Haze? Are they any good? Should I just save them for a card I really like (aesthetically)?
You might find them useful on (SR) combat cards which you don't have evolved at max & so they don't have all the awakening skills. Anyway, those are like "limited edition" skills: you will probably not see them anymore in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, once you possess enough (UR) & (SR) combat cards, you will not find those no-type skills very useful anymore. They are mostly just an aid you receive to start off well in the game. ^.^

A Time to Screw
03-13-2016, 09:45 AM
Maybe I'll put them on an "R" card I really like. I tend to find those cards a lot more visually appealing.

MalusCorvus
03-15-2016, 12:57 AM
Ugh... anyone happen to catch the dialogue and other text after the first area's boss? Something weird happened and I got a black screen after I clicked the boss button, and when I reloaded I had beaten it. Rather irked at that, and I'd like to at least try to get into the story, whatever there may be.

Unregistered
03-15-2016, 09:42 AM
Ugh... anyone happen to catch the dialogue and other text after the first area's boss? Something weird happened and I got a black screen after I clicked the boss button, and when I reloaded I had beaten it. Rather irked at that, and I'd like to at least try to get into the story, whatever there may be.

Dont remember. you can always make a new acc and check again.

MalusCorvus
03-15-2016, 06:43 PM
Dont remember. you can always make a new acc and check again.

True enough, hadn't thought of that.

Anyway, is there another way to get Temple Treasure? Ever since they switched Dungeons I haven't gotten any...

Mark Nolo
03-15-2016, 08:04 PM
Anyway, is there another way to get Temple Treasure? Ever since they switched Dungeons I haven't gotten any...
Nope, Temple Treasure was a unique feature of the previous event. Sorry about that. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh... anyone happen to catch the dialogue and other text after the first area's boss?
Uhm, after the boss fight of CHAPTER 1: The Fairy Family's Forest?
... If I remember well, it was basically Kirin reflecting on how the "tree trunk" alter was strangely different from before, & Linda joining into your Amagiri squad.

Unregistered
03-16-2016, 07:32 PM
So, I have confirmed censorship in the game: three loli UR characters have been edited out. I don't know the names or abilities because I can't read japanese, but the spaces in the album they're supposed to go in are completely missing. The first is supposed to be between Boggins and Olga in the album but in the english version there's no space between the two. Another one is between Orcus and Lysette together with a non-loli SR that we're still missing, so there should be six spaces in between, but there are only three. The third one should have been between Exouhai and Elena, but they're adjacent in Nutaku's version.
I would have preferred they enlarged their boobs or something instead of completely erasing them from the game. Feels like a return to the first times.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point I am actually surprised Bahamut got in. Since I don't own her I can't tell if her scene have been edited.

Mark Nolo
03-17-2016, 02:56 PM
So, I have confirmed censorship in the game: three loli UR characters have been edited out. I don't know the names or abilities because I can't read japanese, but the spaces in the album they're supposed to go in are completely missing.
Uhm, or maybe they have not been released in this Western version yet? Slots in the Album & Memory increase as characters are released. ^.^

Unregistered
03-17-2016, 03:35 PM
It could be. But then, isn't it too much of a coincidence if ONLY the loli character's slots are missing? Also, up to now, new slots in the album and memory collection have only been added after the ones already present and not in-between.

A Time to Screw
03-17-2016, 03:43 PM
Mind linking which characters were removed?

How out of order has Duel Squad's event and character releases been compared to the DMM version?

Unregistered
03-17-2016, 05:14 PM
Sure thing. Here are the characters involved:
http://crimebusters.gamerch.com/%E3%83%97%E3%82%B1%E3%83%AB
http://crimebusters.gamerch.com/%EF%BC%BB%E3%83%8F%E3%83%AD%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A3%E3%8 3%B3%EF%BC%BD%E3%83%97%E3%82%B1%E3%83%AB
http://crimebusters.gamerch.com/%E3%83%97%E3%83%83%E3%82%AB

About the order of events, it's been exactly the same up to the first colosseum event (the one with Amor, Vanya), so that's why I was surprised when after it they put out the dungeon event (the one with Typhon, Forcalor), skipping 4 events. You can quite notice that from how Typhon shows much more power creep than expexted and is placed in the album after a lot of pages from Amor/Vanya. Probably they just wanted to put the dungeons in ASAP? It seems they're running it backwards now, the current raid event (Dai Toren) is the one immediately before the dungeon event. If they keep going backwards, next is a colosseum event then it will be the Halloween raid with those lolis... if they're making it. The character release order has been quite different compared to DMM too.

- - - Updated - - -

(Oh, by the way notice how this game is called "Crime Busters" on DMM and that makes more sense than "Duel Squad", at least to me)

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, I went and checked so let me explain better... first, the first loli (http://crimebusters.gamerch.com/%E3%83%97%E3%82%B1%E3%83%AB) was added to gacha pool some time after Crime Busters launched. And after the first colosseum, it was mid-october and they made a Halloween themed event. The Halloween raid event was in two parts. The first week the second loli (Which is actually the [Halloween] version of the first one) (http://crimebusters.gamerch.com/%EF%BC%BB%E3%83%8F%E3%83%AD%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A3%E3%8 3%B3%EF%BC%BD%E3%83%97%E3%82%B1%E3%83%AB) was the UR reward together with this SR (http://crimebusters.gamerch.com/%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9). The second week had no loli rewards (http://crimebusters.gamerch.com/%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%BC): [Halloween] Lysette (http://crimebusters.gamerch.com/%EF%BC%BB%E3%83%8F%E3%83%AD%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A3%E3%8 3%B3%EF%BC%BD%E3%83%AA%E3%82%BC%E3%83%83%E3%83%88) doesn't count because of her enormous breasts I suppose.
The third loli (http://crimebusters.gamerch.com/%E3%83%97%E3%83%83%E3%82%AB)was a slayer UR added to gacha pool for the following colosseum event. After that, they had the sisters raid event we're having now, and then the Dungeon event we just had.

Mark Nolo
03-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Well, isn't Dorothy (UR) a loli?
... I would also put in question Maho (UR) as she call herself "your long-lost little sister" (not as loli thought).

Unregistered
03-18-2016, 03:39 PM
So, I agree, Dorothy and Maho are lolis (I'd say Maho is a "oppai loli"). It's surprising they made it in the english version, but this is Nutaku we're talking about, and I, like most people probably, don't really understand what are their censorship guidelines (wild differences in handling between the various games doesn't help). There's the possibility that the scenes for Dorothy and Maho have been edited, do you happen to have their scene or Bahamut's? (Bahamut's case is more borderline, she's definitely less loli than Dorothy). And for the missing slots, I don't think it's a far shot, Nutaku does have a bad track record in this kind of things. We'll see for sure if next event is colosseum, depending on what slayer UR we get.

Mark Nolo
03-19-2016, 06:27 PM
There's the possibility that the scenes for Dorothy and Maho have been edited, do you happen to have their scene or Bahamut's?
Ehm... well sorry, but apart 1 Dorothy (UR) card thanks to the Dungeon event's [(UR) Guaranteed Special Gacha Ticket], I am not a player who gets (UR) combat cards from the Gacha. ^~^

Unregistered
03-23-2016, 01:33 AM
Is there anything to do with my 10x duplicates of rare cards? DTM had the limit break thingy.

- - - Updated - - -

Need 20 more before maintenance begins today.

- - - Updated - - -

Best way to get Dai Toren swords? Need 20 more.

PrimalShade
03-23-2016, 04:49 AM
Exchange shop, if you haven't bought them all yet. Otherwise, poke all new support requests, and possibly farm Sho Toren.

Unregistered
03-23-2016, 06:39 AM
Exchange shop, if you haven't bought them all yet. Otherwise, poke all new support requests, and possibly farm Sho Toren.

I've bought them all. :/
Farm Sho Toren?

PrimalShade
03-23-2016, 08:19 AM
Farm Sho Toren encounters. The bosses can give Dai Toren swords, and Sho Toren takes the least energy to defeat. Sho Toren's encountered in the stages of chapters 1 through 3.

Unregistered
03-23-2016, 08:40 AM
You mean Izanami perhaps? I've yet to encounter a Sho Toren.

PrimalShade
03-23-2016, 03:24 PM
Yeah, sorry. I thought it was Sho Toren for some reason.

Unregistered
03-24-2016, 08:37 AM
New coliseum event started. The ranking reward this time is very nice, a card with Gatcha UR level of power. Garum is good enough even unevolved, unlike Vanya (yet again only top 50 are getting to evolve her fully, and this time it looks like the competition is a lot fiercer).
Also, with the pack thing seems a good deal for the spenders (500 gold for 5 cards, while with gacha it would be 1500 gold), I wonder about the probabilities since they're not shown though. Also, no loli slayer.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I gathered from my guildmates these packs have a great UR rate, 4 out of 5 of them got an UR from their free pack.

A Time to Screw
03-27-2016, 05:28 PM
The complete absence of any loli cards outside one UR exception leads me to believe they are very much avoiding implementing any of those cards.

Bahamut has some semblance of chest size anyways. Which according to Nutaku's lame sense, is enough to not be considered loli. Completely flat washboards with no discernible chests are the ones that usually don't survive, and it seems to stay true in this game.

From what I gathered from my guildmates these packs have a great UR rate, 4 out of 5 of them got an UR from their free pack.

I must be unlucky. I only got SR dupes and an R card. :(

- - - Updated - - -

just spent 2300 gold for pack of 5 more boosters, and every single card was R except 1 SR. What a ripoff.

Unregistered
03-27-2016, 05:43 PM
Ha, happened to me too. It would seem that the free pack has always awesome cards (at least two-three SR, often an UR) in it to tempt you into buying more. Except the store bought packs are rigged to have different -and awful- drop rates: most of them will have 5 R.

A Time to Screw
03-27-2016, 05:58 PM
Ugh, I can't believe I fucking fell for this shit.
I was a bit suspicious since in normal gacha using tickets, I always kept getting the same kinds of SR cards, mostly Zenobias, Lyras and Salamndra dupes. Now I am certain that the devs tweak the rates on a per character basis.

It makes total sense, since even games like Granblue was called out for tweaking their rates for only specific characters to drop.

That's the last time I spend money on an inferior niche Nutaku game.

Eliont
03-28-2016, 12:34 AM
New videos uploaded - Iris from Girls Kingdom and Forcalor (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByK0XdaBGUBPWHlvbmhjN0FqQ0k&usp=sharing).

Unregistered
03-29-2016, 07:18 PM
So, new lucky 7 gacha. 7 cards for 700 gold, 3 times max per player, 7% of UR, meaning 78% to get at least one Muramasa (too bad it's not 77, huh) if you drop the 21 bucks and buy it all. I'd go for it, but I just got burned by the pack fiasco (I should've know better: never trust any gacha without published rates). I guess Nutaku isn't making enough on this game.

Duel Squad is losing appeal to me. I loved it because 1) you could get fully evolved UR from events as free player (I even got fully evolved Vanya). 2) you can get SR from normal gacha, making the normal gacha actually worth it (that's quite rare in this kind of game) 3) the pvp balance is fair enough, fully evolved event UR and unevolved gacha UR are comparable (can't win against whales, but that's normal). 4) it doesn't take too much effort.

Now 1) I won't get fully evolved Garum... Even after I spent, because I got zero slayers (to be fair, it's mostly because the whalebase has increased, but the tiers not being extended are at fault too). 2) from the beginning of this event I spent some 40k gacha points and not a single SR. I doubt it's just bad luck: I suspect a ninja nerf of the rates. 3) Those new cost 60 UR trash old event UR even as non-evolved vs full-evo. 4) you have to log in every 50 minutes during pvp event.

Well, I'll see if next event (loli-less halloween raid, or maybe sakuya revival raid) can restore my faith in the game...

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just me, or are there SRs that are overall stronger than the URs they're giving in these events? I mean, this fire UR they're giving now seems rather sub-par stat-wise when compared to Vendy, or Yatsufusa, or even the fire-kick dragon girl....

qlegendp
03-31-2016, 09:00 AM
Well this event is all about Garnum, others are literally garbage.

Unregistered
04-07-2016, 05:01 AM
So, the new collaboration event is live. Those knight cards from DT:M... don't really shine in DS: most of the time they got balanced stats (which means they can't really be used for any specific strategy, as compared to specialists/glass cannons) and bad sinergy between passive skill and awake skill... Still it's a lot of easily obtained new cards/memories (they're the same from DT:M but even if you do play Dragon you're unlikely to already have all of these H scenes, especially the UR princesses) and a great starting event for beginners! Overall I'm pretty happy with this event.

On the other side I think the Amagiri cards are actually a bit useful in DT:M... Probably. I'm not so expert in that one.

Skulkraken
04-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Hey, I have a question for you guys. Is there anything gained (like some of the other games offer) by maxing out N-ranked cards?

Random anon
04-09-2016, 11:59 AM
As far as I know, the answer is no. I did it for the lulz more or less with one card and didn't get anything for it. They're all useless anyway, and the art for them doesn't even change when you do max them out, which obviously sucks.

Unregistered
04-11-2016, 12:21 AM
So, to obtain the third copy of Elegant Diske, you need to "Clear all Collaboration missions in Dragon Tactics Memories"
What exactly are those missions about? I've barely touched DT (I don't want to be engaged with two hentai card games) but I see there are a lot of missions already there and I don't understand too much the combat system so I don't think I will achieve something in the event.

Eliont
04-11-2016, 02:08 AM
What exactly are those missions about?
http://puu.sh/oe4V0/7660257ff9.jpg

reacers
04-15-2016, 11:17 AM
Why was Tomaa removing the h-scenes from card templates?

Angelic Saga has h-scenes, pero-pero too, Hijitsu Crons, DT:M...

Can we have them back please?

Some guy
04-15-2016, 01:24 PM
My guess is copyright bitching.

lacus
04-16-2016, 10:13 AM
Am I the only one who kind of likes the main bgm for the game?

Unregistered
04-22-2016, 04:47 PM
I'm almost tempted to try for her, but if the rate's abysmal then I'm definitely not.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, is there a page/wiki, where I can see more in deep the mechanics of the game? lets say how much % increase you get from extreme/major/moderate damage.
I tried the jap wiki but it looks almost a diferent game, the stats for the cards are different, the Amaterasu over there is a bit different from the one here, and more importantly, the wiki holds no up to date, or relevant info at all.

saike
04-23-2016, 06:29 PM
is there a place I can see the h scenes?

Some guy
04-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Any active guild in need of new people that are active every day? 'Cuz it doesn't seem that likely for my current one to hit 500k, seeing as I somehow ended up as the only one active in it...

MalusCorvus
05-14-2016, 07:25 PM
While I like the setting and the combat system - as well as skills - the character art, character flavor text, and H-scenes leave a lot to be desired. The art tends to not change much, the flavor text is rather generic and uninformative, but the H-scenes... I'm not sure I've encountered more than one that I actually liked. A rather disturbing number of them have the viewpoint character do things the girl tells him not to do, repeatedly, and several go into outright rape in various forms. Frankly, it's worn out its welcome and is getting tiresome. Kinda makes me worry about the protagonist...

Some person
05-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Meh, the rapiness in this one is pretty tame really. Compared to the stuff that's on DMM, Nutaku has almost no rape in their games, to say nothing of the more hardcore things that happen in the popular things like Taimanin Asagi Battle Arena. Not that surprising though, seeing as the credit system is holding them by their balls. I mean ffs, can't even have loli content or tentacles in their games... that's hilarious beyond words...

Also worrisome, because a pretty decent part of the fanbase for these types of games is interested in the kind of content that Nutaku can't use. Which means plenty of spending people will just take their business to the Japanese site, translations or no translations...

MalusCorvus
05-15-2016, 10:38 AM
My concern isn't with the presence of the rape (even if its comparative subtlety makes it the more insidious), it's the fact that it all seems lumped into one game with girls I'd really rather have consensual relations with, made worse by the fact that I don't know how many other Nutaku games have the cute monster girl thing going on...

Some person
05-15-2016, 12:08 PM
I admit that I haven't paid full attention to ALL of the scenes... but, unless I'm mistaken, most of the rape-iness comes with the girls that are, for the most part, enemies, and it's part of the process of turning them to the 'good' side. Y'know, hentai logic. Even with the good girls, the rape-iness seems more like a thing to give THEM an excuse to fuck like they actually want too... because Japanese cultural differences, Hentai logic, and women not being supposed to actually want sex. There are exceptions, like Dai Toren being an open slut... but the girls don't really seem to mind all that much. Then there's examples like Morrigan who's quote sums up a lot about the game's logic "Even if you're rough, I know you care. From now on I will be your toy."

As for cute monster-girls... Lord of Valkyria had them, but, that one got shut-down because people were losing more and more interest in it. I don't know of any others, but I haven't played every Nutaku game out there. Quiz of Valkyria might have them, but I may be mistaken. Anything else, I don't know.

Skulkraken
05-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Dragon Providence has a lot of monstergirls, too. More so than either Valkyrie game.

MalusCorvus
05-17-2016, 06:56 PM
I admit that I haven't paid full attention to ALL of the scenes... but, unless I'm mistaken, most of the rape-iness comes with the girls that are, for the most part, enemies, and it's part of the process of turning them to the 'good' side. Y'know, hentai logic. Even with the good girls, the rape-iness seems more like a thing to give THEM an excuse to fuck like they actually want too... because Japanese cultural differences, Hentai logic, and women not being supposed to actually want sex. There are exceptions, like Dai Toren being an open slut... but the girls don't really seem to mind all that much. Then there's examples like Morrigan who's quote sums up a lot about the game's logic "Even if you're rough, I know you care. From now on I will be your toy."

As for cute monster-girls... Lord of Valkyria had them, but, that one got shut-down because people were losing more and more interest in it. I don't know of any others, but I haven't played every Nutaku game out there. Quiz of Valkyria might have them, but I may be mistaken. Anything else, I don't know.

Ah, hentai logic. Yeah, the girls who just say, "Don't touch there, it feels good!" can be assumed to really want that. And yeah, I recall that being a part of Japanese culture. In fact, I believe The Tale of Genji, said to be the world's first novel and written by a woman no less, has a similar scene that might be interpreted as rape, but reading between the lines and with a bit of knowledge of the culture you realize that the lady's refusal is pretty much being proper.

That said, they kinda make me uncomfortable since I imagine that's a spectacularly bad thing to do, at least in the West, and I tend to wonder, "Are there people who see this and think that's okay?"

Anyways, I thank you and Skulkraken for the game info, I've been meaning to check DP out.

Some dude
06-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Welp, I'm starting to think that Duel Squad is not particularly popular, seeing as it's been quite a while since anyone said anything about it in here. Not to mention that no one said anything about these last few events for good or ill. Granted, I suppose it's not that surprising, given the content, and the fact that there's not that much to do. Not to mention that event rewards are rather poor...

On the one hand, that hopefully means less whales. On the other hand, it might just go the way of Lord of Valkyrie, which would suck ass...

I suppose I'll have to wait and see a little while longer.

Skulkraken
06-08-2016, 05:06 AM
Duel Squad is still more popular than Angelic Saga, Girls Kingdom, Hellfire Girls (JP), and Quiz of Valkyrie, according to the game rankings.

Given how popular its sister game, Dragon Tactics, is...I don't think Duel Squad is going to die out as long as collab events continue to happen every now and then.

PrimalShade
06-29-2016, 12:16 AM
And Duel Squad is officially closing on the 28th of July, along with DT:M, it would seem.

buddy22
06-29-2016, 12:19 AM
Any reason why these 2 games are closing? I thought DT:M was doing good?

PrimalShade
06-29-2016, 12:23 AM
DT:M's low in the rankings from what I can tell. But DS has been fairly high as of late. I can only guess that they're not being profitable enough.

Kotono
06-29-2016, 02:45 AM
Considering both games are closing, it makes me wonder if there could be an issue between nutaku and the game devs, since both are the same developers.

Evilmind
06-29-2016, 10:53 AM
They will shut down other games soon, like the 2 hellfire girls, no update since may...

Hope it's not the end of all games...

Some d00d
06-29-2016, 11:51 AM
Unfortunately, there's a very real chance that nutaku as a whole may not be faring well. Given how much content they have to remove or change because of Western bullshit laws and stuff, you can bet your ass that there are plenty of western players that stick to the JP site, especially since plenty of the games from there can't be brought here at all. Lots of games that, back when I was active on dmm, were damn popular, like Tentacle Tactics and especially the Asagi Battle Arena game can't be brought because of hardcore content including actual bestiality in the later one. I don't know how they rate now, but I doubt the Lilith game is going to lose fans any time soon.

Basically, Nutaku's fighting a losing battle, and trying to use a poor business model on a much smaller player base than what the JP site has available. The pay to win model won't work as effectively when the paying people have a better, if censored version of the game available to them on a different site.

So yeeeeeah... Valkyrie, which is still going on the JP site if I'm not mistaken, and now DT:M and DS... it's not looking good.

MiqDoloran
06-29-2016, 12:09 PM
Something else to chew on is the fact that Nutaku needs to raise up separate dev teams for their games whereas DMM doesn't. This makes me wonder if their system can actually scale well since revenue would need to be insane to hire dedicated dev teams for each game (and that's really the only way I can see games being maintained to the level of their DMM counterparts).

But I think you're underestimating the size of the market. They aren't likely to be in danger of shutting down the service as a whole.

MalusCorvus
07-01-2016, 05:54 AM
Unfortunately, there's a very real chance that nutaku as a whole may not be faring well. Given how much content they have to remove or change because of Western bullshit laws and stuff, you can bet your ass that there are plenty of western players that stick to the JP site, especially since plenty of the games from there can't be brought here at all. Lots of games that, back when I was active on dmm, were damn popular, like Tentacle Tactics and especially the Asagi Battle Arena game can't be brought because of hardcore content including actual bestiality in the later one. I don't know how they rate now, but I doubt the Lilith game is going to lose fans any time soon.

Well, I suppose I'd best look into DMM - at least for games that I want to invest any great amount of time or more than token amounts of money into. ...Since I know little about the site, how much Japanese would I need to know to navigate around there?

A Time to Screw
07-01-2016, 06:02 AM
These card games failed because they removed/replaced all the obvious loli cards in our Nutaku localized version.

tru story

Masterwolf
07-02-2016, 12:50 AM
Something else to chew on is the fact that Nutaku needs to raise up separate dev teams for their games whereas DMM doesn't. This makes me wonder if their system can actually scale well since revenue would need to be insane to hire dedicated dev teams for each game (and that's really the only way I can see games being maintained to the level of their DMM counterparts).

But I think you're underestimating the size of the market. They aren't likely to be in danger of shutting down the service as a whole.

Also the announcement that Nutaku will be taking over Aigis could point to why they are dropping the two card games that are not performing as well. They need the developers to be working on Aigis instead.

MiqDoloran
07-02-2016, 07:44 AM
No, that's because the original devs don't want to hand over the game. They offered to take over and got declined.

Masterwolf
07-03-2016, 01:11 AM
No, that's because the original devs don't want to hand over the game. They offered to take over and got declined.

Ahh hadn't heard that.

Agentj
07-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Looking for contributors to help to get all memories together along with text dialog and audio. If interested please create an account on dropbox.com then send me in pm the email address you used to register your dropbox account. You will also need to install the dropbox application in order to access the folder and to work on it.
Mainly need people who have most of the UR cards fully evolved, but you can still contribute to write the text dialog from the event card or grabbing audios for the folder or cleaning errors in the folder. By participating you will have access to all Duel Squad memories scene (will depends of number of contributors), nice heh ?
I might create a flash application to play the scene like the game does but that not the priority at this moment.

MalusCorvus
07-15-2016, 12:57 AM
Looking for contributors to help to get all memories together along with text dialog and audio. If interested please create an account on dropbox.com then send me in pm the email address you used to register your dropbox account. You will also need to install the dropbox application in order to access the folder and to work on it.
Mainly need people who have most of the UR cards fully evolved, but you can still contribute to write the text dialog from the event card or grabbing audios for the folder or cleaning errors in the folder. By participating you will have access to all Duel Squad memories scene (will depends of number of contributors), nice heh ?
I might create a flash application to play the scene like the game does but that not the priority at this moment.

I think I could get behind this. Question, should I make a dropbox account specifically for this, or just use the one I've already got?

Eliont
07-15-2016, 04:01 AM
I think I could get behind this. Question, should I make a dropbox account specifically for this, or just use the one I've already got?

It seems that attempt are dead.
http://puu.sh/q2nV3/57f8526cb9.png
I currently have access to those UR scenes.
(not all recorded yest)

Will do SR's after finishing UR.

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 02:04 PM
It seems that attempt are dead.
http://puu.sh/q2nV3/57f8526cb9.png
I currently have access to those UR scenes.
(not all recorded yest)

Will do SR's after finishing UR.

I have some of the newest URs too, but where are you sharing them? By any chance are you the guy who whas doing the nutaku games h events collection in g.drive? because I'm interested too in sharing some of girls kingdom ones too (that game seems to be near to shut down)

MalusCorvus
07-28-2016, 02:15 PM
Hard to tell since the names aren't organized alphabetically, but I don't see Muramasa in there...