PDA

View Full Version : Favorite event

JSensei
01-26-2016, 03:34 PM
What is everyone's favorite event and why?

For me, I think I enjoy EG the most. It's fun to go after the EGs, and at the end, the SEG hunting is a blast. What does everyone else like best?

What is your least favorite?
I'm probably least fond of Gambit, but only because it's so damn hard to get the really good rewards without cashing. To me, it's the most 'grindy.'

Unregistered
01-27-2016, 06:22 AM
I will say that Elite Guard probably gives the best bang for your buck on eGatcha tickets. For gambit it seems like you need to get all of the slayer cards to even have a chance while with Elite Guard you can call on friends to help you with SEGs. It's also easier to clear out all of the point rewards in Elite Guard as opposed to Pero Gambit (2 million trophies? seriously?). Pero Colo is also quite simple as long as you play it correctly; however, it really is a grindfest and I mostly only play for the colosseum gatcha anyway.

Pros(+) and cons(-) of each:
Pero Gambit:
+ It is the least taxing of your time (you can wait for your stamina bar to refresh before continuing)
- It is very hard for a free player to get a good rank
- You don't get as many items because a lot of gold and silver cases expire

Elite Guard:
+ Every battle is worth it in terms of items dropped and event points
+ The slayer cards really help you no matter how far you are in the game
+ You only need to tap an SEG to get credit for the kill
- It is the most taxing of your time as you need to wait for your focus and time to spin up a guard
- You're not killing a SEG without a friend, online, that can take it out in one shot

Pero Colo:
+ Every battle is worth it in terms of event points and colosseum gatcha points
+ Even low level players can rack up a good score
- Very taxing of your time
- Requires older, unavailable cards (such as Lillith Lil) to to well
- Unless you can get each SR and R slayer card and fully level them, playing with them is really not a good idea
+/- Princess can be a good way for low level and free players to get an SR, but anyone that doesn't vote for the top princess is permanently locked out of that card
+/- So many pero shakes that are only useful for leveling up

nip101
01-27-2016, 12:54 PM
We'll my favorite is Colosseum but ill go ahead and do a list like the anon above.

Gambit :
+Lots of R-gatcha tickets from pink boxes.
+Has a good cash dump compared to other events (buying pink keys).
+You can be lazy during the event but being active helps a lot since u can unlock more pink caches.
+pretty easy to get the ex-wild card daily (3 sr) a few times during the event.
-Very hard to get 50k (for the sr) if you don't get a slayer from gatcha.
-XP is terrible for the entire event so its actually hard to level up.
-Temporary items kind of suck for this event since Burgers are sort of wasteful compared to other events.

Elite Guard:
+Lots of rewards for killing eg/seg
+big advantage for being an older player, I have 1.5m base sed.
-Still pretty reliant on getting lucky with e-gatcha
-Terrible XP from the event explore (33% efficiency)
+/- Can be sort of lazy for the first week but have to be really active the second week for SEG kills.

Colosseum:
+Most balanced event between free players and paying
+free players can rank really high (I got 82~ during the last one)
+easy to get all of the rewards(srs)
+everything is good in the colloseum gatcha.
+Can get lots of XP during the event due to shakes (I got like 10 levels during the last one 80->90~)
-People with e-gatcha decks are auto-loss
-Have to play the game every 30 min to not waste focus

Vic47
01-27-2016, 02:43 PM
Well, yepp, a good list above, so i'll probably just name the most important things for me:
I don't like to be "tied to the chair and PC", no matter i spend most of my life like that. So, even though i do that on my own, i don't like when i can't make a break to go outside (to the shop for some food, to the kitchen cook it, to take a shower, to watch a movie, to play some other games, etc. and to sleep as much as i want, when i want) so i kinda dislike PeroColo and, a bit less - SEG events, since they require you to play almost all the time you are awake to not let some Sta or Focus "rot" while it's full, and require you to be active to get the top ranks/max loot you can get from them. The Gambit is much more "free to play or not to play" in these terms. And i also try to always complete al the daily missions for Pero, Exp, Get 1 SR girl card, and, if possible - Chance Time. Here Gambit is also the best for Exp/Pero rolls, since they are Stamina-cheap But EG events also have Chance Time rolls, while gambit does not, and in terms of getting rare, limited R-gacha cards, like those Christmas mini-event ones and trading with Curito, R gacha Tickets seems to be more valueable than SR Wildcards. though, yes, the STA/Exp rate at those events is the worse of all possible ways to spend Stamina.
In general, i do like "social interactions" of Eg events alot, (and the SEG music and Reward Movies are awesome, too, of course) but gambit mechanics are also cool, and this time the story seems interesting and fun, just like the one that was on Haloween Gambit. But yes, gambit idea of "Choice of Fate" was ruined by numerous PeroGlasses in the Pink Boxes at first, and now they are removed, and the Trophy gaining rate is greatly lowered, so, instead, now we have unreachable rewards for even the most active and determined f2p players like myself. And if this time the reward cards are average, so i won't regret too much that i won't get them, the last time it was a great frustration for me, that i can't get the only card i want from the Event. And being frustrated and have some unobtainable elements in my collections is something i hate the most of all the things possible. So, gambit could be my favourite, if it was normally balanced, but since it is so friggin' unbalanced, i hate it the most. Oh, and also, mind the fact, that, even though Gambit lets you get at least one SR girl every day by opening Silver cases, it allows you to save alot of Pero and time/nerves on those N gacha Tickets, if you are going for that "get 1 SR card" daily mission every day, so you can save those Pero for the time between the Events to get N gacha Tickets for 1k pero instead of 1,5k, getting x1,5 Tickets for the same amount of Pero. But the macro users and just other active players will steal alot of Pink Cases from you, so you won't need all those countless Pink Keys that you get and can buy, anyway, and the achievement rewards on Gambit became really poor since the previous gambit, so now, for an f2p player, gambit is hardly worth playing at all except for the Story and attache' loot and daily missions.
For the Colosseum is - yes, just a grinder that won't let you slack too much, to not lose your regenerating resources for nothing, but still, at least it allows you to win good prizes even if you are a weak, new player, and it allows you to get really good final rankings, if you are zealous enough - even if you are f2p like me, you can always get quite alot of decent loot, the Reward Cards, and complete that "Get 1 SR Girl" daily mission pretty easily, as you reach the Platinum Box. Also, it, actually, doesen't "require you to have those old limited acrds like Lilith Lil to play well" - it just requires you to choose your opponents (and their level) wisely, and have at least 5 of your best (in terms of Max SED) SR cards to be maxed out to lvl 100 - they can be all of the same attribute (preferrably - Sexy, since they have the biggest max SED of all cards, and would help you not only during teh Colosseum, but also during the Elite Guard Events, later on), or 3 of one and 2 of the other one, that counters the attribute that counters your main cards attribute (again, i prefer to have 3 Sexy and 2 Babe SR cards to be maxed out for my deck, since Sexy cards have the biggest max SED and Babe cards counter those Moe cards that counter Sexy cards, and also have bigger Max SED than Moe cards, so they would also better increase your total SED for teh upcoming Elite Guard Events, than some lvl 100 Moe SR cards.).
So yeah, to sum it all - all teh Events are good in their own way, but they are all not perfect, so, if i could make them as i want them to be, my personal chart would be
1) Gambit
2) Elite Guard
3) Colosseum
But since they are all messed up in their own way, the chart is rather
1) Elite Guard
2) Colosseum
3) Gambit
for me.

Balek
01-28-2016, 08:05 PM
My god. Is anyone actually reading Vic47's unformatted wall of text? I'm pointing this out because I see it in almost every thread now and whenever I do, I just scroll down.
It's nothing personal, I'm just curious if people read it.

Arekusu
01-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Coliseum and EG are pretty much tied at first for me, I don't pay much attention to what the boss drops in EG are so it's hard to pick a favorite but I figure EG is at least getting me more rewards drops (just not sure if they're as good). In EG if you have high SED and event cards you'll pretty be 1 "weak" hitting everything until the very end of the halves or the SEGs. Gambit unfortunately doesn't amount to the same amount of "good" rewards since a lot of the briefcases also drop items like and radars, glasses, or whatever the item we're suppose to be collecting is which is not useful after the event and really doesn't make much of a dent in the "Collection Achievement Rewards" of these Gambit events. Although it's still nice you can progress through Gambit stages really just based on stamina, I don't feel like I'm falling behind as much if I only log in once every 8 hours.

soranokira
01-28-2016, 09:31 PM
My god. Is anyone actually reading Vic47's unformatted wall of text? I'm pointing this out because I see it in almost every thread now and whenever I do, I just scroll down.
It's nothing personal, I'm just curious if people read it.

I don't bother. He's obviously lacking forum experience.

JSensei
01-29-2016, 01:07 AM
I don't feel like I'm falling behind as much if I only log in once every 8 hours.

This. This is so very true. In PeroColo or Elite Guard, I feel like you HAVE to be on all the time, or you get buried by the other active people. You can play Gambit in spurts based on stamina and not really get crushed. This is SUCH an understated point.