PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Angel Sophie

Unregistered
01-28-2016, 07:37 AM
I just got her from the premium summons and I felt pretty lucky to finally get a black after re-making my account for 10+ times, but when I went to try her I realized that she can only attack for a few seconds every 40 seconds or so. Doesn't that make her kind of useless? How would you use her?

soranokira
01-28-2016, 07:58 AM
I just got her from the premium summons and I felt pretty lucky to finally get a black after re-making my account for 10+ times, but when I went to try her I realized that she can only attack for a few seconds every 40 seconds or so. Doesn't that make her kind of useless? How would you use her?

She's great as a lightning rod, aka you place her AFTER your other units are placed, then she will absorb all the ranged attacks, as well as letting units pass and only blocking units when necessary. her high MR and def allows her to protect your healers and other dmg-dealing units.

watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIajXd_oS1E
starting at 2:00 or so, silver angel niel is used to protect healer iris in the previous star rush event G-tier map. if you dont place an angel there, the flying mobs will kill your healer. I've tried.

Tenhou
01-28-2016, 08:01 AM
1. She's a lightning rod. In other words she had great resistance and health so she can be placed in order to soak damage from magic users.
2. Great for those moments when you need a good fighter to kill off certain packs but do not want to drop down a new unit and then withdraw them every time.

Angels in general have quite the good use when you want to kill off certain mobs or defend against magic users. They're like on-demand valkyries/bandits that will demolish whatever you let them fight. Basically you place them down at a key location and let normal mobs pass, then when the specific enemy appears you activate the skill and kill it.

lolix
01-28-2016, 08:32 AM
as both sora and ten said , she's a great lightning rod. Probably the best in the game , since she has monstrous stats/resistances. She's also 1 of the best duelists in the game simply because she has such good stats , that give her the ability to survive most bosses....well during her skill ofc

Kamahari Akuma
01-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Even though its probably been said, Angels act as lightning rod units, capable of letting melee units through but absorbs ranged damage. Their skill is what makes them have a block count and is what unleashes their unholy stats across enemies, since Angels can act like Samurais with the ability to attack more that one target (After CC). Its also worthy to note that an Angels skill will modify itself after CC, but won't make you lose any skill lvs gained before the CC occurred so you can start pouring the Rainbow spirits or Sophie clones into your main and still have her skill at a decent lv after CC. Its definitely worth it since the more lvs the skill has the longer it lasts and gets a shorter down time on the reuse timer.

slyyr
01-28-2016, 12:51 PM
I picked one up on my alt account a couple of days before the promo and she's pretty awesome. I use her kind of like using a ganker (drop a unit down to kill something big then retreat it) except you don't have to withdraw her. Make her fight when you need it. I usually have a healer parked somewhere near her anyway.

I never considered the lightning rod aspect people have mentioned here. Seems a decent addition to strategic options.