PDA

View Full Version : Substitute For a princess

Kirito Rick
02-09-2016, 02:16 AM
I was wondering that before one gets a princess..which unit can best fill its job

A valkyire paired with a mage maybe....

soranokira
02-09-2016, 02:20 AM
I was wondering that before one gets a princess..which unit can best fill its job

A valkyire paired with a mage maybe....

tough. which is why under lafate's guides, he mentioned it would be best if your starting PS summons included a princess. under most circumstances, a valk would replace a princess (simply takes way longer to kill the enemy unit). Unless that unit has to be killed within a time limit (before next wave spawns), otherwise just a valk will do. most of the time you won't get the free slot to place a mage/witch for that magic dmg assist

Kirito Rick
02-09-2016, 02:33 AM
This makes me a little curious..

if in any case it happens such that I place a valk along with a mage assist.
will this combination be more affective than just putting a princess

also can any other unit replace a princess (temporarily)..

soranokira
02-09-2016, 02:37 AM
This makes me a little curious..

if in any case it happens such that I place a valk along with a mage assist.
will this combination be more affective than just putting a princess

also can any other unit replace a princess (temporarily)..

basically, a princess fills the duelist role (and/or MR tank/lightning rod), so only a valk can really be close, although bandits can potentially take on this role with their high hp pool.
in any case, a collection event for a princess should be coming to us soon (claudia) so best to just prep your SCs for her.

and no, I don't think there is any combination that is more effective than just putting a princess. in fact, most guide videos won't use princesses unless absolutely necessary.

lolix
02-09-2016, 02:59 AM
depends. i have 2 lvl 160 + accounts. 1 has no princess yet and the other has a themis...which i don't even use at the moment. Princesses CAN be replaced by valks , barbarians and even magic fencers. Most of the times , u need a general duelist to block a strong boss because u will rarely have a princess just 1v1 it anyawy , and for that , there are enough units that can fill that niche. That being said , a magic fencer can act like a princess in melee for a short time because they change their attacks to magical (so they ignore armor just like a princess)...but all that requires you to make adjustments , which is not easy if your acount is low level. Having a princess makes it all easier

Lafate
02-09-2016, 04:11 AM
Generally speaking the best replacement for a Princess is a Bandit.... unless you need to tank Magic damage then it is Valkyrie...

No I have no read anything but the title....

buttlover
02-09-2016, 06:01 AM
to be honest, i never had a princess till recently and i never had any problems clearing most maps except maybe Gs, and that was due to a lack of healers.

Most guides that i use, dont even use a princess to clear them. The most common drops used for single tanking are valks or bandits

lolix
02-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Generally speaking the best replacement for a Princess is a Bandit.... unless you need to tank Magic damage then it is Valkyrie...

Unless u got celia...which i have :p

Tenhou
02-09-2016, 07:50 AM
Unless u got celia...which i have :p

That really depends too. Cellia's skill is a def boost after all, so if it's magic tanking + damage you need then Thetis or Dahlia would be better :P

lolix
02-09-2016, 08:07 AM
depends. she got decently high base damage since shes a barb. Ofc she cant compare with the valks u named (i also got tethis btw on the same account , but shes not leveled yet) , but she is a very defensive duelist. Magic damage ? She can tank a bit with her mr that no other barb has+ has way higher health pool. Physical damage ? She can tank a bit + has a skill that reduces % damage for all your team which is awsome

kayfabe
02-09-2016, 03:47 PM

This. And honestly, if we're talking about silver units then overall I'm quite a bit more fond of the silver bandits than I am of Elaine. Elaine's stats and skill combo make her kind of a jack of all trades/master of none, a role that doesn't fit very well with being a low tier unit and the correspondingly low stats and affection bonus such status entails. By contrast Eunice can give up his defense stat in exchange for the ability to punch the ever lovin' shit out of people.

Askeladd
02-10-2016, 06:43 AM
Princesses are a nice addition to any team, but they are generally not invaluable to it (not counting cheat mode Karma here). As Lafate said, Bandits are usually a nice replacement for Princesses because of their huge HP pool and (generally) their skills and high base attack allows them to just "ignore" the enemy's defense (and by ignore I mean brute force through it). Valks are the alternative in case you need some MR and you don't need to kill that unit as fast as possible (if it's armored, because her attacks won't do much).

A good team of silvers can get you through many, many maps without too much trouble, but it's true that it requires more knowledge, reflexes and skill than other teams with higher rarity units in it.

lolix
02-10-2016, 08:22 AM
u do realize all 3 liches focus the same target ? A witch won't tank liches in Imortal beast. Best place your princess last and in range to act a lightning rod for the liches , while your other units kill everything else. If you have enough heal to keep both the princes healthy (u will need at least 1300-1500 heals on her alons since she will take lich aggro and will probably block something as well + heals for the rest of the team. Hell , u could actually place 4 -5 healers and just cut of 1 of the mages. 1 account did it with only 1 mage and solano.

Rieyn
02-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Eunice is used in most JP "Basic Units" clear videos that require a duelist. His high HP lets him bloodwall most damage as long as you have the healing to support him. And high physical attack is the closest you'll get to ignoring def completely.