PDA

View Full Version : A way to test your team without using resources!!!

Kirito Rick
02-11-2016, 10:09 AM
There is a way to test your team w/o using charisma or stamina. The idea is to have a simulation run in you brain.
Follow the procedure as given below:

>go to the WIKI site of the misson you wish to attempt. Take a note of the rarity of the units dropped as well as the level of the unit dropped.

Lets proceed with an example.
You want to attempt the 2nd misson of the current urgent misson The Treacherous Pirate. Suppose the wiki says that you can get a drop of a "silver unit of lv 20".

>Next watch any video guide of your choice from youtube (or anywhere of your choice)...While watching the video take in account of 2 things

1) The sequence in which the enemy shows up, the boss enemy(s) that show up.
2) The strongest unit of the team which is used to clear the misson.

> The 2nd point is used now. Lets suppose you find the strongest unit used to be Lv 50CC10 unit (dont bother the rarity for the time being). Then THINK 50CC10 TO BE (50+10=60) a level 60 unit.
Average this with the dropped unit's level.

(60+20)÷2=40

This mean that if your units are above this threshold you can attempt the misson and can atleast clear 1 star in it.
Also the more no of units you have in the range of lv40~60 the better you have the chance to clear it with 2~3 stars.

Now about the units you can use:

After knowing the threshold lv.
closely look at the pattern at which the enemy shows up also check the units which the player uses to stop the advancing enemy. Then setup a team which can best replace the team in the video..keeping in mind the roles (Duelist, Tank etc.) you want to give each unit during the misson.
Also keep in mind the boss that appears in the misson as well as its stats..you should have atleast 1 (better to have 2) units which can face the boss and survive few blows.
Also if ur units are weaker than the units used in the guide take an additional healer as a backup.

PS:
The method above is basically what I do before attempting any new misson.
This method is not guaranteed to work but often(~75%) works out fine with me. This value can be low or even high for others.

I know i have made some crazy assumption above..it was just to make the example simple.

Further the factor of EXPERIENCE OF THE GAME MATTERS A LOT.
Those who are playing the game for a longer duration can form teams without even worrying about the enemy😂. I target these steps for the newbie and intermediate players without offending any other similar guide or any other senior player.
Also the assumption i made about the AVERAGE TRESHOLD LEVEL...is nothing official..just my pesonal experience and calculations.

If anyone feels these steps are useful and effective plz comment back and send suggestions.

Yours Truley
Kirito Rick

buttlover
02-11-2016, 10:25 AM
WutFace

short version:
1. watch youtube video
2. copy/paste units, compensate what you lack

this is not simulation/testing the team especially if there is a guide up, because most people that request for such simulations are usually the ones doing the video that you copy pasta. (or are going in blind..because its fun)

Blaxer
02-11-2016, 10:56 AM
WutFace

short version:
1. watch youtube video
2. copy/paste units, compensate what you lack

this is not simulation/testing the team especially if there is a guide up, because most people that request for such simulations are usually the ones doing the video that you copy pasta. (or are going in blind..because its fun)

agree with this

There is no good way to test your team besides actually testing your team in the map you want to know if it'll work

Do i want a practice map with some basic monsters and a few strong ones with no cost? YES
Should there be any? NO

Bare with me on this one, if you can 3* and actually farm every map on the first try, you will never grow desperate, if you never grow desperate then you wont consider spending SC on refilling CHA and or STA, if you don't use SC to refill them then you keep stocking on them, if you have a lot you never have the need to buy them, if you don't buy them they don't gain money

i say this from personal experience, on Ada's event i couldn't 2* that G map, let alone farm it, so i spent 50 SC on a rush to get a good tank in order to be able to complete it; i'm not proud of this, but i cannot be the only one

it is a stretch, yes, but they effectively lose money if one can just be certain how their units will develop under certain circumstances

Also i really like going blind for the first tries, usually i can do it on the 3rd try but if i can't THEN i go to video guides, that way i can develop a formation of my own while still having fun and have a plan B so i don't go crazy trying the same map dozens of times

Kirito Rick
02-11-2016, 11:11 AM
Now now...can you guys go a little easy on me. Im a new member both to this forum and this game as well...dont expect all my posts to be super informative and effective ( like Lafte's guides) from the start.. I in the learning process...

Besides an unregistered dude posted a similar thread so i just shared with him what i usually do before attempting a misson ( especially those which are extremely difficult and those which i cant clear even after trying very hard).....😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Unregistered
02-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Sorry, this is worst than the "create another account" option. The unit drop lv has absolutely nothing to do with map/stage power, especially in Story Missions o_o
At the moment one thing you can do is to search for enemy stats at wiki/seesaa, calculate your DPS and damage taken than do the math to know what you will need to block/heal/kill. (Talking about no video guide experiences)

Tenhou
02-11-2016, 12:12 PM
I feel that this game is meant to be a trial and error in itself. If you could test your team 100s of times before you do the map, then it destroys part of the challenge.

lolix
02-11-2016, 12:24 PM
i agree. it's part of the game. That's why u don't get comision sortie for event maps

buttlover
02-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Now now...can you guys go a little easy on me. Im a new member both to this forum and this game as well...dont expect all my posts to be super informative and effective ( like Lafte's guides) from the start.. I in the learning process...

Besides an unregistered dude posted a similar thread so i just shared with him what i usually do before attempting a misson ( especially those which are extremely difficult and those which i cant clear even after trying very hard).....í ½í¸¢í ½í¸¢í ½í¸¢í ½í¸¢í ½í¸¢í ½í¸¢í ½í ¸¢í ½í¸¢

No worries, you are learning and the thought process is still 200% clearer and more informative than a retard that take pride in making misleading information for the solo purpose of getting people to flame him.

Pretty sure, you'll be a great contributor in a months time ;)

Unregistered
02-11-2016, 01:06 PM
I feel that this game is meant to be a trial and error in itself. If you could test your team 100s of times before you do the map, then it destroys part of the challenge.

The problem is that right now I just use video guides for difficult missions, which is even less of a challenge. Of course it's my own choice to do so, and actually I'd prefer to figure things out on my own. But as a f2p I can't afford to waste 5+ stamina per run if I want to do well in an event, especially as a somewhat new player who's trying to catch up. This is probably my biggest gripe with the game. I can see why there's no sandbox mode from a business perspective though.

Tenhou
02-11-2016, 01:14 PM
The problem is that right now I just use video guides for difficult missions, which is even less of a challenge. Of course it's my own choice to do so, and actually I'd prefer to figure things out on my own. But as a f2p I can't afford to waste 5+ stamina per run if I want to do well in an event, especially as a somewhat new player who's trying to catch up. This is probably my biggest gripe with the game. I can see why there's no sandbox mode from a business perspective though.

Well, even if there's videos there's bound to be differences. We all get a fair amount of different units so we need to readjust to what we have. I often watch videos to see how mobs spawn rather than their actual strategy for winning. If there is a mob that hurts a lot i will detect that too and determine what i want to tank it with etc. I still have to try out my strategy once i decide to do the map, though.

Unregistered
02-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Well, even if there's videos there's bound to be differences. We all get a fair amount of different units so we need to readjust to what we have. I often watch videos to see how mobs spawn rather than their actual strategy for winning. If there is a mob that hurts a lot i will detect that too and determine what i want to tank it with etc. I still have to try out my strategy once i decide to do the map, though.

You're right, but many videos use common units (silvers, Katie, Iris etc.), so they're quite easy to emulate. Maybe it's different with difficult DMM Aigis maps.

Tenhou
02-11-2016, 01:33 PM
Somewhat different. A lot of them can still use silvers and golds, but the most difficult maps require awakened units and such things.

Blaxer
02-11-2016, 02:16 PM

Besides an unregistered dude posted a similar thread so i just shared with him what i usually do before attempting a misson ( especially those which are extremely difficult and those which i cant clear even after trying very hard).....😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

i just tried to make a point... didn't mean to be rude, sorry if it felt that way
i'm sure you want to help and i see you put time in this, further in the future you'll be a fine contributor :D

slyyr
02-12-2016, 03:32 AM
I think videos are handy but even the silver only ones can't be relied upon for a complete strategy. Eg - they usually have max CRed units and most beginners/intermediate players won't have those.

Also pay attention to the Prince's level in the videos. Thats the true indicator where they are in the game. Unless its from another player of a similar level in the game it won't help much apart from a general idea of what units to use, where to place, timing etc.

Know your team, know how you like to play. In my case I generally prefer Witches over Archers so I'll go 2/1 instead of what most people recommend in 1/2. But it can also depend on how lucky you get in the Shrine. sometimes you just have to use what you've got and fill in the gaps as best you can.