PDA

View Full Version : To the Goddess Tenhou I devote my body and soul

MalusCorvus
02-16-2016, 11:31 AM
(end obtuse Gundam quote)

So, upon seeing the new lineup in the spotlight, I figured I'd spend some SCs, since it looked like a few cuties were in there. As I went over to the shrine, I thought to myself, "What if you got a Black?" I replied with, "That would be pretty fuckin' epic." I closed my eyes for a dramatic reveal, then opened them.

Six stars, of a color I'd never seen in shrine before. Before me was Treasure Handler Liana.

*cue leaning back from screen with "not sure if RNG is trolling" face*

As usual, I hate this site's image upload thing. Anyway, I took this screenshot as evidence, but unfortunately it only occured to me after I leveled her up from 1. I apologize.

Suffice to say, I shall now give my life to our goddess of luck, and shall forever sing her praises when lucky and weep her lamentations when unlucky.

...That all seems too much like gloating. Jeez. Well, in other news, is Liana new? Anyone have experience with her (not that kind of experience! Although I'm sure that's part of it)? ...Gotta say I'm not looking forward to seeing her CC requirements...

Kamahari Akuma
02-16-2016, 11:39 AM
Liana has been around since the start so no she isn't new. But at the very least you now have the healer with the niche to clear paralysis condition so there is a boon.

Eab1990
02-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Unfortunately, Liana is the worst black to pull. (Berna is not a bad unit asdf)

She wasn't quite available at the start, but maybe a month or two after launch, along with Deine. She's originally an event unit, but was our replacement for black Iris.

As a result, it's impractical to mincost her and thus I find her too expensive to deploy over my plat healers, and I haven't even CC'd her because of that. If you don't have Camilla or Chydis, I guess she's fine, but otherwise, if you need range, just use Fedora, IMO. As for paralysis, any AW healer will do since they halve its duration.

Also, in the two events that we've had paralysis, I have not needed to use her skill. (Granted, I have several other plats/blacks, but still.)

Kamahari Akuma
02-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Also, in the two events that we've had paralysis, I have not needed to use her skill. (Granted, I have several other plats/blacks, but still.)

More than likely that means you had an army that could work despite the paralysis. For me, I'd have used her skill just so I'd have the advantage over the paralysis ninjas.

Tenhou
02-16-2016, 05:24 PM
More than likely that means you had an army that could work despite the paralysis. For me, I'd have used her skill just so I'd have the advantage over the paralysis ninjas.

This is pretty much what i did. Her skill came like a blessing when i grinded the 7 stamina Azami map.

MalusCorvus
04-20-2016, 12:10 PM
Redux!

Seriously.

So, in the interest of this thread being about something, I wanted to ask for opinions regarding the proper strategy for our good princess here.

soranokira
04-20-2016, 07:04 PM
Redux!

Seriously.

So, in the interest of this thread being about something, I wanted to ask for opinions regarding the proper strategy for our good princess here.

...you need a strategy for a princess?

MalusCorvus
04-20-2016, 08:03 PM
...you need a strategy for a princess?

Evidently. I've found going into battle without a plan to be foolhardy.

Hmm... think perhaps I should use my Spirit of Rainbow on her?

soranokira
04-20-2016, 08:19 PM
Evidently. I've found going into battle without a plan to be foolhardy.

Hmm... think perhaps I should use my Spirit of Rainbow on her?

a princess is basically a duelist that does magic dmg. they pretty much fill the same role as bandits and valkyries with only slight differences.

Unregistered
04-25-2016, 07:10 AM
So I just got a 2nd Sophie..Is there any point in having 2 or should I just use her for CR?

Ramazan
04-25-2016, 07:21 AM
So I just got a 2nd Sophie..Is there any point in having 2 or should I just use her for CR?

Its about preference i think. I've seen ppl using multiple copies of the same unit like aisha, nadia or something that performs well in most situations. But you dont use sophie on every map you play unlike the ones i mentioned, so using other copy for cr and su would be better but its just my opinion. But being a black two of them can serve as very good gankers where up isnt a problem.

CharlesRJC
04-25-2016, 07:27 AM
Unfortunately, Liana is the worst black to pull.

I disagree with this statement so much I can't even express it. Lianas skill opens many options with units Like SA Mirabell or Momiji who have self paralisis. She helps with dracoliches, running mummies, vampire lords, chimeras and many more BS enemies. Her skill and awakening ability are great. And the cost issue? It can be migrated by having low cos backup healers like feng shuis.

I'd keep two even though it will be extremally annoying to get them both rainbowed up

lolix
04-25-2016, 07:30 AM
sophie is 1 of the best lighning rods in the game and has monster stats in general. And while having a low cost is very good for rods , i'd rather have 2 of them to place in case i need them.

I would personally keep both instead of cr-ing 1

Tenhou
04-25-2016, 08:16 AM
I'd fuse them without a second thought. There exist no same characters in my aigis. Except Aisha, she is above mortals so it makes sense if there are more of her.

MalusCorvus
04-26-2016, 01:37 AM
I disagree with this statement so much I can't even express it. Lianas skill opens many options with units Like SA Mirabell or Momiji who have self paralisis. She helps with dracoliches, running mummies, vampire lords, chimeras and many more BS enemies. Her skill and awakening ability are great. And the cost issue? It can be migrated by having low cos backup healers like feng shuis.

Good to know. I was actually going to say that I've found a use for Liana when paired with Momiji. So long as Liana's skill is active, Momijo springs to action after her own skill expires without even a pause, which is one of the reasons I plan to Awaken Momiji soon. Of course, I also like Liana for other reasons - she's a good healer regardless, if expensive at this point, and her H-scenes are my favorite in the whole game (Actual character insight!).

On a related note, wondering who to Awaken first. Momijo was my first pick, but I still need to level her up whereas I could Awaken Katie right now. I've also got eyes on Rita...