PDA

View Full Version : How important is Spica?

Unregistered
02-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Hello all,

I'm wondering what value you all place on Spica? I got lucky enough with my first rolls to pick up Nanaly and I have Bashira since this is a fairly new account. I'm sitting here looking at 218 Demon crystals and I'm just not sure if Spica is worth it.
Pros:
-My two main archers are basically the same type, burst archers. But Spica is has that extra range on her skill and it lasts quite a while.
-Higher total attack than Bashira.
-Her awakening ability buffs the other archers which seems to be the best of the group.

Cons:
-I already have two strong archers, both around the 50CC50 level. Will I ever use a third archer?
-Cost. If awakening is coming up (?) I probably need those demon crystals to awaken units instead.

Lastly, I haven't been playing long enough to know this, do they give any warning when they rotate units in the trading post? If not, maybe that would shift the balance toward buying her now so I don't miss out later.

Thanks for your input!

Blaxer
02-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Hello all,

I'm wondering what value you all place on Spica? I got lucky enough with my first rolls to pick up Nanaly and I have Bashira since this is a fairly new account. I'm sitting here looking at 218 Demon crystals and I'm just not sure if Spica is worth it.
Pros:
-My two main archers are basically the same type, burst archers. But Spica is has that extra range on her skill and it lasts quite a while.
-Higher total attack than Bashira.
-Her awakening ability buffs the other archers which seems to be the best of the group.

Cons:
-I already have two strong archers, both around the 50CC50 level. Will I ever use a third archer?
-Cost. If awakening is coming up (?) I probably need those demon crystals to awaken units instead.

Lastly, I haven't been playing long enough to know this, do they give any warning when they rotate units in the trading post? If not, maybe that would shift the balance toward buying her now so I don't miss out later.

Thanks for your input!

Spica is a must, she's second only to Nanaly
Her AW passive gives all archers an extra 7% attack when she's on the team, giving you Nanaly even more attack power

Kamahari Akuma
02-18-2016, 06:39 PM
If anything, its a good idea to just go ahead and get Spica now. While having three Archers can seem overkill, Bashira does more or less get replaced by Nanaly once she gets CCd.

Plus, Spica when AW buffs other Archers so its not really a bad thing to have Spica on a team that relies on Archers for ranged DPS.

Until TP has an actual rotation of units, its a good idea to get Spica now while you can instead of when TP gets rotated and then you have to wait what feels like a year before it gets changed out again.

Unregistered
02-18-2016, 06:46 PM
They announce it on dmm at least, not sure about Nutaku Aigis. I'd probably just wait for now, you're not in a rush to get her when you have Nanaly. If/when it's about to rotate you can still consider getting her, though I feel like you might be better off just going for Chydis instead and safe some DC for AW.

soranokira
02-18-2016, 08:01 PM
yes, no rush when you have nanaly. but for current TP, spica > saki > akane > cyrus is the unit usefulness ranking which is almost fixed unless you somehow have 2 nanaly. although in the 2 nanaly scenario you simply won't worry about rushing for spica, but she'll still be good to have eventually.

lolix
02-19-2016, 02:06 AM
same situatian as you. i have all 3 archers (spica/bashira/nanaly). get spica as well. she is a priority aw unit anyway....even before nanaly.

kayfabe
02-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Just going to echo everyone else here by saying that the Bashira, Spica and Nanaly are a well-rounded enough trio that there really isn't any harm in using them together. Together you end up with a hard hitter with extra range and 2 units with a burst damage skill, so ultimately it would take a really specific map before you'd regret having them instead of a mix of pirates and vampire hunters.

Eab1990
02-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Archers were pretty fucking useless in Rika's event, Nanaly included.

The exception being the Efreet in Inferno G, but yeah.

Unregistered
02-26-2016, 02:29 AM
Spica is a must, she's second only to Nanaly
Her AW passive gives all archers an extra 7% attack when she's on the team, giving you Nanaly even more attack power

Bashira is basically a poor man's Nanaly who costs 1 UP less. Spica brings you something Nanaly doesn't have: extra range, it is far easier to up her skill (by feeing her Laurens) , upping it has greater effect than Bashira's and it also has a nice awakening ability. Even now when awakening is announced I wold say : get her and worry about Crystals later. At least if you will be left with over 100 crystals after buying her.

ChibiKika
03-04-2016, 05:59 AM
I'm using a fairly old account so I don't have Bashira (though I was lucky enough to get Nanaly but couldn't CC, no black spirits), thus I had to make do with Soma for the longest time and god, other than the low UP cost she wasn't very useful as I would often watch flying units just pass through laughing off her shots. So in my side of it, Spica was VERY important, as alot of my archer-dependent ventures would end in abject failure otherwise.

Any case, like everyone else says, tactically she can boast a slightly larger range and I've noticed she actually has a light form of MR which I guess places her above Nanaly in survival (barely) and strategically her AW passively buffs archers in general so at the least having her (even if not using her) may be worth considering.

Archers were pretty fucking useless in Rika's event, Nanaly included.

The exception being the Efreet in Inferno G, but yeah.

I...don't think that's being helpful...maybe archers in general were a poor choice for that event in particular? If that were the case, no choice of archer would be particularly valuable.

Kamahari Akuma
03-04-2016, 09:14 AM
I...don't think that's being helpful...maybe archers in general were a poor choice for that event in particular? If that were the case, no choice of archer would be particularly valuable.

Its mostly because the enemy units for that event had armor and hp in high amounts, so they were more or less archer proof. Not to mention they spawned in large numbers in later maps, so it was better to try and place as many mages as the map would allow since even with the MR the enemy units had it wasn't enough to protect them entirely from a mage onslaught.

Eab1990
03-04-2016, 09:18 AM

I was replying to the post above me, specifically the part that says "ultimately it would take a really specific map before you'd regret having them instead of a mix of pirates and vampire hunters."

Rika's event was full of enemies with high HP/defense, so archers did minimal damage to them. Though pirates and vampire hunters wouldn't have done much to them either.

Aaaand ninja'd.