PDA

View Full Version : Provenance's Beginner's Unit Tier List

Provenance
02-21-2016, 01:07 AM
Introduction

I have played and leveled 11 free ($0 dollars spent) accounts from level 1 to 80 using various leveling techniques and unit combinations. From my experiences I tended to gravitate towards leveling key units because of how fast and efficient they made the experience of grinding through to the point where I can comfortably do dailies, clear challenges, pass Immortal Beast, and do most (if not all) event missions. Which is ultimately the goal of all Aigis players.

All this experience culminated into my DMM account (where I have spent some money on). Even when pulling in premium units I found myself relying on most of the follow S and A tier units as the core of my formation. Whether I am clearing the ‘Far-East’ story missions, tackling the very difficult ‘Magic City’ themed story missions, or attempting 7+ stamina Event missions.

All in all, this is purely from my own experiences. Others will have different play styles and most of the time that completely hinges on your shrine luck. But I hope this serves as a good general guideline one can follow.

Keeping with the 'free' theme, the list will focus exclusively on free units, trading post units, and Gold and below premium units. Side note: you can absolutely clear all (events included) of the current missions available to us with Gold and under units.

Hope this helps those who are seeking a 'direction' for leveling their formation.

The List

S Tier

Katie
Alissa
Daniela
Iris
Leeanne

A Tier

Dorca
Calliope
Soma
Valerie
Phyllis
Elaine
Bernice
Julian
Chloris
Pallis
Monica
Chydis
Spica
Bashira

B Tier

Verotte
Christopher
Eunice
Cuterie
Kerry
Stella
Themis
Fedora
Mehlis
Cypria
Barbastroff

C Tier

Giovanni
Mortimer
Cecily
Betty
Stray
Yuyu
Betty
Lauren
Rosalie
Robert
Cyrus

D Tier

Chizuru
Sanosuke
Crave
Gustav
Harissa
Gina
Kojuro
Garrett
Conrad

Breakdown

S Tier

These are your core units. They take priority as units you would want to level, class change, and 100% affection first. These units will be useful no matter what point you are at in them game. Whether trying to clear ‘Gate Defense’ for the first time or tackling a ‘G’ tier event map. As your army evolves some of these units might be replaced on your primary team but will always find room as a sub. Another thing to note is the fact that these units are all free.

I want to go as far as to say that 6 out of 7 times when you begin a mission Katie will be the first unit you place. Unit reinforcement is the most important skill in the game, bar none. Unit deployment cost balancing is integral to the gameplay. Being able to deploy powerful units earlier will open up new tactics and placements, as well as making missions clears exponentially easier.

Iris is a no brainer. The healer is the single most important unit. Iris being a free gold tier healer will elevate her to being your primary healer over Allyssa in no time. Even in the future if you manage to acquire higher tier healers (of which there are only 3 at the moment) she will serve you well as a secondary or third string healer (there are more maps that require 3+ healers than you think, especially in the near future).

Leanne might be a curious choice to many but she is the only free heavy armor you get. She is statistically superior to both Benard and Garrett when it comes to defense. And that is what you are supposed to get from heavies in the first place. One of the core tactics of the game is the heavy + mage unit combo. There is not a single more potent and efficient combo in the game in the general sense. The direct upgrade to Leeane is Bernice. Even if you manage to pull Bernice (or in extreme cases, Gellius or Deine) Leeanne will always find a place as a sub. There will be many opportunities and missions that will require using 2 or more heavies.

Archers are your core range dps choice. Daniela completely outclasses all Archers below Platinum by a wide margin. She is free and you get a ton of copies of her. She is easy to level, and if you are willing to wager a bit of your future you can cost reduce her as well. Almost all Silver-only guides to clearing missions include Daniela. Demonstrates how capable of a unit she is.

A Tier

These units are high priority units. A few units are no-brainers but there are a few curious choices.

First off, Bernice and Pallis would be S-tier. However, them not being ‘free’ makes them A-tier. I would definitely classify them as A+.

Pallis is the best non-Platinum mage. She is superior to all male mages in DPS (skill included) and being a Silver unit, easier to level and pull from the shrine than Mehlis. If there is an event where she is a drop on a specific mission map you should try to get her. Being part of the mage-heavy core tactic makes her a core unit as well.

Bernice is a powerful and ‘relatively’ easy premium tank to get. Even on the DMM version many top tier players have Bernice as their primary tank. She is one of only 4 Awakenable ‘pure’ heavy tanks in the game, including the DMM version. The other 3 being Gellius (platinum), Deine (black), and Maribel (event only). Definitely a must keep and is a direct upgrade from Leeanne.

Another case for A+ tier are Spica, Bashira, and Chydis.

The most common opinion is that Spica is the most important archer in the game. But being a Platinum unit, she is not easy to level. Also acquiring the needed amount of Demon Crystals for her is not an easy task. Spica is also extremely squishy compared to even Daniela, making her placement crucial. Aside from her cons, she does boast the second highest raw damage output of all Archers and has a powerful passive after awakening. Archers being a core class makes having a second Platinum archer quite useful. Chydis is in the same position. Chydis is the best all-around healer in the game currently if you can somehow deal with her HP pool.

Bashira would be S-tier if it were not for her being Platinum. Platinum units are expensive to level and class change for newer players. It will take many weeks of grinding to level up and grind your team to a level capable of unlocking the higher level challenge quests necessary to farm Platinum spirits as well.

Monica is here solely for her passive to boost Demon Crystal drop rates. Demon Crystals is the most important currency in the game. Some of the most powerful units come exclusively from the trading post and with awakening around the corner, so is the Awakening Fairy.

B Tier

Middle of the pack units. They are useful in their own way but are not priorities for leveling. They all have a niche that a team may require to clear specific missions. Some units here have better alternatives that are free or easier to get.

Fedora can make a case for being A tier but I found it hard to rank her higher because for one she is not free and her skill is underwhelming. Even if you do manage to pull her I feel you will get better mileage by leveling Dorca over Fedora. Dorca being silver and free makes her much easier to handle. After maxing Alissa and Iris, one would generally want to try to max Dorca, but if you manage to pull Fedora in the process, then maxing Fedora over Dorca is an option.

Another interesting B tier candidate is Cuterie. Affection is a second way of making your units stronger. In all cases as you progress you will want to increase your unit's affection as well as leveling them. Getting a tiny boost to the rate you get affection items can be helpful. Otherwise Cuterie would be a D-tier unit. You can make a strong case here for Cuterie being lower tiered but I value all the small 'boosts' one can get, no matter how miniscule, as a free player.

C Tier

Below average units that already have better alternatives that are free or easier to get. A curious choice here is Yuyu. She is second most powerful witch in terms of a raw damage but is offset by her abysmal HP pool. In 95 cases out of a 100, you will get better mileage out of Chloris and Calliope over Yuyu. She is not worth the resources to raise at all. A witch’s shorter range makes Yuyu susceptible to direct attacks or indirect splash more often than not making achieving 3-stars on many missions hard. This is from personal experience of using Yuyu extensively on both Nutaku and DMM.

D Tier

Don’t even bother with these units. They are a waste of resources to raise. These units all have better alternatives that are easier to get and level or have better skills, passives, and affection bonus. The entirety of the Samurai class is here. They are simply too expensive to use and their unique ability to attack all units at once is underwhelming at best. A premium platinum Samurai would be ranked higher, but would probably be a C+ tier at best. Too many better options and versatile combinations out there.

soranokira
02-21-2016, 02:53 AM
I would hardly classify Verotte as B-tier. she's pretty much outright useless. fact is, Giovanni outclasses her because range is what you use a pirate for, and Giovanni has it going for him as a male while Verotte is just...nah.

which actually comes to one key thing: are you basing this on DMM stat patch, current nutaku status, or current nutaku units based on their potential in the future?
because Stella is only B-tier based on potential, C-tier based on current. Also if based on potential, yuyu would be B-tier instead of C-tier, because after AW she beats Cloris by a wide margin. her higher attack speed also makes her a better choice when it comes to clearing some risky strategies, in particular the current DMM event's 7 stam map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFEoMBI5Oe0
following that strat by sennen war, I actually placed yuyu where he placed calliope. granted calliope's attack speed does the job as well, but I find having yuyu's attack speed makes it safer.

Betty is actually B-tier by DMM standards, due to gold farming. and if you can skill AW her she's probably your only reliable assassinator.
I also find it hard to put christopher and Dorca is 2 different tiers. granted dorca would likely be the choice for 3rd healer, but fact is she's not actually much better than christopher, and christopher has it going for him as a male. which is why I also think she's only really B-tier.

as for Pallis, A-tier is right, but I wouldnt say she is S-tier. sure she has higher attack than valerie by a fair bit after affection, and her attack up skill is much better, but as a beginner, I went with leveling valerie because I needed him as a male anyway and he has much better attack ignoring affection boost (and hell if I have enough affection items for Pallis I would've been a veteran)

Elaine and Calliope are seriously lucky to even be placed in A-tier here. by DMM standards both would be nothing more than B-tier.
Conrad isn't D-tier btw. sure he is harder to mincost compared to mortimer, but hell he still has better hp and atk than mortimer, and works way better than him as a duelist. deserving on C-tier IMO.
Robert is B-tier. sure trust items aren't worth much, but hell he still is a male healer that also can eventually be AW'd. just that makes him deserving to be on equal terms with christopher, and arguably even better.

Ramazan
02-21-2016, 03:20 AM
Not bad but needs more focusing on free and silver units and how to use them generally in specific maps. Btw what are those magic city and far east story missions can you explain it? Do they give same prizes like normal missions do? (silver units and sc)

buttlover
02-21-2016, 04:17 AM
I get the rest of S tier but why is danielle even above B?

If we are talking about current nutaku:
You severely lack enough silver archers to CC both bashira/spica AND daniela
Besides you get bashira early enough to CC her for thursday's daily (very impt to get bash up)
or you can delay your CC-ing of your other units by CC-ing daniela. (witches need 1, archers need 3..count and you'll know its not enough to share your silver archers)

Guessing you want to keep 6 silver archers for bash/spica since nutaku gives silver drops like how dmm gives plats.

If we are talking about dmm aigis:
We want a min-costed daniele (i needed archers at the start and i was SO tempted to CC a daniele) but..
Silver archers are SO important as fodder, that despite having so many events dropping them. I still need more even NOW.
3 to CC, 4 to AW = 7 silver archers per Awakened Plat Archer.
Not considering that some units REQUIRE silver archers as well, and you cant buy them off the trading post.

Only way you can afford to get min-costed daniele is you have bad rolls on your premium gacha. Like really bad lucky rolls (get silver but its a silver archer) or flash that ultimate card that bring in them grills.

If you only read one sentence, here is the summary: SILVER ARCHERS = RARE! DONT WASTE TO CC SILVER ARCHER TILL YOU GET MANY

soranokira
02-21-2016, 05:11 AM
I get the rest of S tier but why is danielle even above B?
because she is easy to get and strong for a cheap archer, and if you get her it's easy to clear many maps (even in silver only or gold and below strats in DMM, most will include daniela for archer)
and another reason is because we don't get Claire, otherwise Daniela would be pushed down to A probably, since Claire > Daniela and isn't all that hard to get, from what I can tell (mainly from gold rush and stuff)

buttlover
02-21-2016, 08:19 AM
Too many people giving me headaches today. So I'll spent 10 minutes in a nice format explain every single detail of my thought process.

The thing about archers
You get bashira FREE literally within a day of playing. Nutaku's permanent TP has the spica for cheap. 10 SC = spica immediately. 15 if you are unlucky. Or grind it out for 1.5 months. Thats the time it took for my spica in dmm. 10-15 SC/1.5 months for a confirmed plat? SeemsGood.

2 of the best plat archers in its class even by DMM's standard. Both easy to obtain.
Why waste so much affection and 2 silver archers on a danielia that a new player will not min-cost?
(a 9 cost silver archer is very useful on some UP costly maps, but that is out of reach for new players)

Not that daniela is a bad unit, she is a great silver. But you don't need a silver archer that costs 2-3 UP less.
Danielia cost 12. Spica 14. Bashria 15.
Spica and bashria will be with you, pretty much forever. Daniela will fade to super niche.

So if i skip Daniela, how long does it take to level Bashira?
It is about 1.2 times harder to level a plat unit than leveling a silver unit. (According to Exp table from dmm)
But you have an excess of silver from clearing a map. So the mats for CC-ing are definely covered.

So why do people rate Daniela so highly?
Daniela is strong, thats why. But it can be noted that free players, myself included save stam/char by watching videos that guide us through the levels.
Those video makers understand that free players don't have access to strong units. So they use as basic units as possible to showcase the importance of positioning/timing over rarity.

This might lead to a preferential treatment of certain units.

Comparing units for dummies
Comparing unit ________________________ Bashria vs Daniela vs Spica
Easy to Get? ______________________________ ☑ _______☑_______☐*
Easy to Deploy?____________________________ ☑ _______☑_______☑
Strength of unit early?_______________________☑ _______☑_______☑
Usefulness late? (Post Awakening)_____________☑ _______☐_______☑
(*Spica is considered "hard" only because you don't get her immediately. Only after playing for a month or so.)

So what is provenance's tier list based on? Experience and...feelings~ the feels
Bashira you scum, your cat ears cant beat daniele's boobs.
http://i.imgur.com/FldBFQL.png

soranokira
02-21-2016, 09:30 AM
fair enough, that's a legit point buttlover. I'll just add in one more thing where provenance mentioned why bashira is pushed down:

It will take many weeks of grinding to level up and grind your team to a level capable of unlocking the higher level challenge quests necessary to farm Platinum spirits as well.
Tenhou, how long did we take to get to phalanx 2 again? a week? and 2 weeks for you to get the black fairy from tuesday daily for your esther cc?

Sasha
02-21-2016, 09:46 AM
Conrad in D tier, Eunice in B tier, Kerry in B tier, Elaine of all units in A tier. I'll accept Eunice being there but what are the other duelists doing?

Fedora in B tier below all worse healers (excluding Chydis)

Tenhou
02-21-2016, 09:51 AM
fair enough, that's a legit point buttlover. I'll just add in one more thing where provenance mentioned why bashira is pushed down:

Tenhou, how long did we take to get to phalanx 2 again? a week? and 2 weeks for you to get the black fairy from tuesday daily for your esther cc?

I sure had a plat spirit before i managed to get Bashira to 50 for all i know...
And yes that was at most a week and a half.

Unregistered
02-21-2016, 10:01 AM
The problem with this tier list is that it tries to do too many things at once and ends up being kind of useless and nonsensical. You should decide exactly what you're trying to do.

For example, Bernice is obviously better than Leeanne if you have her, so it's just weird and confusing that she's on a lower tier. If someone got a Bernice early on, he'd be confused by that. If not it doesn't even matter.

Restricting it to free units only or making a proper power level tier list would make more sense imo.

I sure had a plat spirit before i managed to get Bashira to 50 for all i know...
And yes that was at most a week and a half.
People tend to assume that you need 4 plat fairies when you can just level her to 50 with normal fodder. It's expensive, but it's not like you can use a plat armor on every unit anyway.

soranokira
02-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Conrad in D tier, Eunice in B tier, Kerry in B tier, Elaine of all units in A tier. I'll accept Eunice being there but what are the other duelists doing?

Fedora in B tier below all worse healers (excluding Chydis)

probably supposed to be misha in A-tier, but we dont get misha. elaine's probably supposed to be B-tier, but since we don't get Kerry anymore, she got pushed to A-tier due to a lack of choice. A-tier being necessity to level and use said unit. which was why I said:

Elaine and Calliope are seriously lucky to even be placed in A-tier here. by DMM standards both would be nothing more than B-tier.

Scyscy
02-21-2016, 11:41 AM
First things first, thank you for your work provenance :)

Right, i'm quite confused as to why people are arguing in this thread, i did not read anything in Provenance topic where he said "WEAKLINGS DO AS I SAY OR ROT IN HELL". So it's most likely an opinion which he shares with us, right?

From my point of view the topic tries to explain how "worth" are units and how useful can be units to succeed in aigis. Since it worked for him many times, why argue about it?

I started this game two months ago by now, when i started i read as much things as i could to get as much informations as i could, and i wouldn't give a damn about the "BEST WAY".
Takin informations and doing things your own way, whether you succeed or fail is up to you.

Tenhou
02-21-2016, 12:01 PM
It is an opinion, and thus we discuss it, is that a bad thing? It is a good thing to discuss things like when someone makes a tier list of what he finds best to start with because we throw in our experiences to create something meaningful. To not discuss and just let it stand there is to silently agree and say "yes everyone should do like this" while discussing means we disagree and want to argue for why some units are better as well as hear more from him why he feels some units are placed where they are.

That said, i guess he made the tier list from how he sees units in accordance to how easy they are to get. So Bernice as an example got into a lower tier because you might not even get her.

Anyhow, promoting discussions is what a forum exists for. It would actually be weird if he did not get different opinions about his choices.

Blaxer
02-21-2016, 12:41 PM
Spica on B?
Conrad on D?
Bernice on B?
Jerome not in S?
Soma below Daniela?

well... while i agree that daniela takes a little bit of priority over soma because she has more attack, i go with a spica + soma in regards of archers and i never feel the need for a daniela, if i lack rush fire power i use bashira and it's done, i would rather put spica on S

Conrad on D is... what is/are the units that is/are better than him in his job as a duelist against magick attackers?

slyyr
02-21-2016, 05:27 PM
Just wondering why Soma wouldn't be rated higher when she starts with a big affection boost like Alyssa? If you are looking at a sliver archer to have up and firing as soon as possible, wouldn't she be a more logical choice with a better head start? Is the difference between Daniella and Soma that great?

Unregistered
02-21-2016, 06:43 PM
Just wondering why Soma wouldn't be rated higher when she starts with a big affection boost like Alyssa? If you are looking at a sliver archer to have up and firing as soon as possible, wouldn't she be a more logical choice with a better head start? Is the difference between Daniella and Soma that great?

Daniela deals a fair bit more damage when you level her skill, but considering that your silver archer is just an interim solution until you get Spica, I'd say it's not a big deal. Early on you will lack the fodder to upgrade her skill and affection items don't grow on trees (I guess it's easier on Nutaku with all the breaks), so yeah, I prefer Soma as well.

kayfabe
02-21-2016, 06:57 PM
I think it's fair to put her a tier ahead. Soma's affection based attack power lead basically evaporates the moment you hit Daniela's skill whereas Increase Range is very niche. The gap between the two is actually pretty intense if you routinely use 3 archers in your team, something which isn't actually a terrible choice given how easy it is to skill up Daniela once or twice. Increase Attack 1 is pretty common and many of the other units who have it aren't terribly valuable anyway.

soranokira
02-21-2016, 08:45 PM
I think it's fair to put her a tier ahead. Soma's affection based attack power lead basically evaporates the moment you hit Daniela's skill whereas Increase Range is very niche. The gap between the two is actually pretty intense if you routinely use 3 archers in your team, something which isn't actually a terrible choice given how easy it is to skill up Daniela once or twice. Increase Attack 1 is pretty common and many of the other units who have it aren't terribly valuable anyway.

I started a new account at DMM, I've never actually leveled daniela to use her.
on nutaku aigis, I level'd daniela, almost never had to use her either.

Provenance
02-22-2016, 03:01 AM
Thank you for all the great input everyone.

This list is definitely a general guideline/direction/tip intended for new players on Nutaku (why there isn't a single DMM exclusive unit on the list) that don't spend money. I also did NOT factor in Awakening because A) We don't have it yet and B) It is out of reach for the majority of players (even long time veterans). I will probably do an in depth Premium+Event Unit and Awakening tier list in the future.

One of the biggest factor in why I placed some units in what tiers is their availability - hence why I completely left out Platinum+ units and Event units. All core silver units you get free as completion bonuses for clearing missions, therefore they get priority. It is one of the biggest reasons why I struggled with how I wanted to place some units like Fedora, Kerry (replaced by Bashira), and Bernice. Since the shrine is completely luck based, some players might not ever see a Fedora despite throwing hundreds of SC into it.

Daniela vs Soma vs Bashira vs Spica would create the most discussion as I predicted. This one was tough. As I stated in the OP, Bashira is basically S-tier but being Platinum barred me from placing her there. Yes you can focus all your fodder and gold to level her up as soon as you receive her but you would hinder how fast you level and how fast you develop the rest of your team. I think the general goal for all players to is to quickly and efficiently level up to be able to do the latest events. Focusing on a Bashira once you get her is not efficient at all. Once you do get to a certain point though, Bashira becomes a core unit. Indispensable, free, and a must max.

Daniela is given an edge over Soma despite the early 30% affection bonus on Soma because she is simply better. You would phase out Soma once you get the resources to commit to Bashira anyways and when that happens Bashira + Daniela becomes your core archer duo for a long time. Kayfabe hit the nail on the head on this one. Despite all this though Soma is still a A-tier because of her edge in affection at the start and is still better than Stray. Also to note, you need 2 ~50CC30++ 100% Archers to comfortably clear Thursday Hard tier daily. Whether you want to do it with Soma+Daniela or Daniela+Bashira will determine when you can start farming it.

Archers are core units. A must have. Given the choice to get to 50CC30+ 100% first? Daniela is the better choice. The standard practice is to have 2 max Archers available always: Daniela + Bashira. Once you grinded out Spica and the Desert Mission maps get released and having 3+ Archers is a must: Bashira + Spica + Daniela.

I really really really really wanted to put Pallis, Bashira, and Bernice into S-tier, but I just couldn't. Like in OP, please consider them A+++.

Most duelists are in B because you don't use a duelist outside your Prince for a good majority of the missions. Elaine gets the edge when given the choice because she is cheaper (unit cost) than all Bandits, has the Valkyrie perks, and has MR. Aside from the extremely rare case where you need a 1 block duelist to target tank a unit that does more DPS than what Elaine's HP pool + healing can handle, your Prince and Elaine is all you need for duelists.

buttlover
02-22-2016, 04:00 AM
Thanks for taking the trouble to make the guide, it provides a good talking point to provide inside for unit choices. Which are greatly helpful to new players and old perverts alike.

Just a few thing i would like you to consider: adding specific guidelines/point system to help us understand why you made your unit decisions. For example, these units were picked based on - how easy it is to obtain - 1/5, how useful they are immediately - 1/10, how good potential they have - 1/1000, how ugly they look - 1/1000000. Conclusion - delete conrad. waste of team slots. kappa.

Having a guideline will help you avoid been seen as bias, and help people understand your logic.

Another thing is that if you want to focus this tier list to be only newbie friendly and disregard AW, then you should not take into account desert maps. Because like AW, they haven't been implemented and they are HARD for newbies.

Might be a good idea to edit your original post with all these new ideas flowing in to make your tier list more robust. Besides, not all newbies can sift through all the posts, some will just read your main tier list.

Sasha
02-22-2016, 04:56 AM
While I disagree with a lot of things, they're very small things compared to the flaw that its not clear why you chose things, potential and easyness to obtain aren't meshing well and makes the list confusing for someone new.

Also while not relevant to the list awakening is coming 8th march which is soon, and as a longtime player I am ready for 8 units to be awakened immediantly (23 30CC1 units 1 gold unit,800 DC, 4 mil gold) just waiting on the orbs, I'm also prepared to level them all to atleast 40 and 1 black to 99. I knoiw lots of others are waiting like this too.

soranokira
02-22-2016, 04:58 AM
Thanks for taking the trouble to make the guide, it provides a good talking point to provide inside for unit choices. Which are greatly helpful to new players and old perverts alike.

Just a few thing i would like you to consider: adding specific guidelines/point system to help us understand why you made your unit decisions. For example, these units were picked based on - how easy it is to obtain - 1/5, how useful they are immediately - 1/10, how good potential they have - 1/1000, how ugly they look - 1/1000000. Conclusion - delete conrad. waste of team slots. kappa.

Having a guideline will help you avoid been seen as bias, and help people understand your logic.

Another thing is that if you want to focus this tier list to be only newbie friendly and disregard AW, then you should not take into account desert maps. Because like AW, they haven't been implemented and they are HARD for newbies.

Might be a good idea to edit your original post with all these new ideas flowing in to make your tier list more robust. Besides, not all newbies can sift through all the posts, some will just read your main tier list.

hard for newbies wut. easily clearable with a couple of cc archers, healers and katie. although it did kinda take me like 2 weeks before charles told me to go for the 30 charisma desert map (was too scared before that)

still, i standby my opinions in page 1.

buttlover
02-22-2016, 05:58 AM
hard for newbies wut. easily clearable with a couple of cc archers, healers and katie. although it did kinda take me like 2 weeks before charles told me to go for the 30 charisma desert map (was too scared before that)

still, i standby my opinions in page 1.

Stop taking things out of context, I was using that as a point to enquire why providence is cherry picking future content for his tier list decision making. i.e. Taking out AW potential consideration(who doesn't want to know that his units kicks ass at lvl 9000) but including unimplemented content like desert maps.

Besides you hardly count as a new player.
With a year of experience on your back, you must know a few optimum things to do right?

Like watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWWwvr6zyVE (most popular video for that map) and wondering why the fish are they baiting new players into wasting their charisma into attempting to recreate that formation. (For new players that still dont get it, the prince is at least lv190 and the first archer is min-costed. Dont follow that strat)

And clearing the first few introductory desert maps DOESN'T MAKE DESERT MAPS EASIER THAN VANILLA. I don't even know what you are picking at, sora. It is still HARDER for new players to clear the desert maps.

n00b
02-22-2016, 09:15 AM
While I disagree with a lot of things, they're very small things compared to the flaw that its not clear why you chose things, potential and easyness to obtain aren't meshing well and makes the list confusing for someone new.
This. I already pointed it out on the last page, unfortunately it was ignored. You either have a unit or you don't. If you have a superior unit, you should level her over someone weaker (e.g. Bernice > Leeanne), if you don't then it doesn't matter for you.

The skill has a long wt and ct. During the downtime 30% aff Soma deals more damage than 0% Daniela. Starting with 30% also means it's easier to max her out, which gives a pretty big attack boost. You're rather starved for affection items early on, so I value the headstart Soma gets a fair bit (I also focus on Alissa first over Iris for the same reason). The increase range skill can allow you to start hitting targets earlier, which shouldn't be swept under the rug.
As for skilling her up, while the skill is pretty common, it's still somewhat impractical early on. I'd rather keep the units as CC fodder.

It's true that Daniela is considerably stronger later on, when both are at 100% aff and you SU'd Daniela a few times, but personally I prefer the more friendly early phase Soma's starting aff provides since you get Spica sooner or later anyway to replace your starting silver archer. If you need a third archer for certain maps Soma should still be able to do a decent enough job.
To be fair, I'm a relatively new player, but I haven't regretted going for Soma over Daniela so far.

Also, Soma is cute and Daniela has cow tits.

kayfabe
02-22-2016, 10:32 AM
I don't think anyone would argue Soma's status as a viable unit--archers in general are some of the most useful units around.

n00b
02-22-2016, 12:01 PM
Well, yeah. But I'm discussing Soma vs Daniela as the go-to silver archer for a beginner in the context of a tier list that's trying to help new players get off to a good start.

kayfabe
02-22-2016, 12:34 PM
I just think it's weird that people hate CCing silvers a bit early yet 16 stamina is a bridge too far in order to use a better unit.

n00b
02-22-2016, 01:20 PM
Fair enough. I just think it's weird that people say that "Daniela completely outclasses all Archers below Platinum by a wide margin" in a beginner guide.

16 stamina is not the world, but it's not exactly irrelevant either imo. Maybe I'm a little biased because I started on dmm recently where you have events continuously.