PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on my starting out strat

Masterwolf
02-27-2016, 12:13 AM
So I recently came back to playing Aigis after an extended break. I started with my main account that I use to play other Nutaku games to re-familiarize myself. I then perused the forums and started a brand new account. Now since I started this new account later in the month, and being a FP I have spent 0 SC (Saving so I can hit 50 next month at least) so I will only have the units that you can obtain in the game from missions, etc.

From what I have read my main goal is to 50CC Katie(27 so far), Bashira(25), Iris(6) first then 50CC Alissa(6), Soma(23)(Dislike Danielle) and then work on Valerie(13), Leeanne(6), Cloris(Should get this weekend). Also from what I am reading I should probably use my spare Danielle to CC Soma and then use my spare Soma to SU/UR. Once I have 50 SC spend those on summons/Box Storage and then save again. Focus on any Black>Plat>Gold as far as leveling up. And if possible try and get 25 fangs next week to grab the unit from the event that is going on after leveling up my team.

If I am missing anything or if I have misinterpreted a strat please let me know. Thanks

Also is there any unit type that is better than others for leveling healers? Or is it just use what you have since healer drops are pretty much only bonus units?

Anonymous
02-27-2016, 12:27 AM
Do not attempt to reduce cost or increase skill level on *any* units at this point in the game. Those duplicate silver units are going to be very valuable for both CC (evolution) and awakening, which is much more important than CR/SU.

YoxalLoyal
02-27-2016, 12:42 AM
Bashira requires 3 silver archers to CE/CC and Soma requires only 1 archer. The story missions give you 4 silver archers in total from drop completion. So, like what anon above me said, do not focus on skill levelling your archers until you get an excess amount of them. And since you don't plan on doing any premium summons anytime soon, the chances of you getting a lot of silver archers is quite low from 2K summons. For levelling up healers, just use the standard iron and bronze units you get from Return to Ruins, Deep Forest Road, Pastoral Gate, and/or Gatehouse Battle. If you get past Castle Retake, do Dragon Hunting/Flame Dragon for grinding.

You should also aim for Spica the platinum archer in the trading post while she's available. She costs 200 demon crystals, which you could farm in Thursday dailies. After you get her, you can replace Soma for her.

Key lesson from experience: Do not feed silvers and above to your units. They are very important to CE and Awakening when it comes in March. In my main account, I fed my silver units to CR and regretted it since I was short on silver archers when the time came to CE higher rarity units like Bashira.

As for priorities on who to CE first, going by advices given to me in the past: Katie > Bashira > Cloris > Iris > Leeanne > Soma > Alissa > Valerie > second witch (Calliope I assume) > second mage > rest (valkyrie, Phyllis, another duelist and heavy armor)

Masterwolf
02-27-2016, 01:45 AM
Thanks Anon/Yox. I will keep that in mind as I move forward. Appreciate the info since that is exactly the type of tips I was looking for.

Also when you say don't feed silvers and above to your units I assume you mean for leveling and SU/UR? Since some must be sacrificed to CC. (I have all Silver and above locked right now so I don't accidentally feed them to someone.)

ZeroZet
02-27-2016, 02:47 AM
Yes, for the purpose of talks round here, feeding explicitly refers only to using units for levelling, cost reduction and skill upgrades.

Also, you might want to try your hand at current event a bit. Even grinding the first map, 25 fangs required to just get the princess of the event to join you is pretty easy to get. And while minimum-reward version of her might be bloody expensive to field, she most likely than not will be your best (and only) princess, and they make dam' nice duelists. Still not necessary, of course, but nice to have nonetheless

soranokira
02-27-2016, 06:33 AM
basically, what everybody said above.
and to add on, you can consider farming 2nd map and pray for a dorca while getting 25 fangs for claudia. also can consider getting more fangs, like up to CR1 or 2 so that she'll at least cost the same as a normal princess. still, you can afford to do that next week (event lasts 2 weeks, although 5 days have passed)

Lafate
02-27-2016, 07:27 AM
One thing I have no seen mentioned here is... Do not under any circumstance summon. Since you can get Claudia from the current event that is pretty much your needed duelist (Since they no longer give Kerry). Save up 60 SC instead of 50 SC if you are going the stamp card route. The buy all your box expansion and second barracks. It may seems like a waste now, but later you may regret those summons (like me.... my second barracks is completely full and I'm not using my gift box as storage due to room issues... wish I didn't summon and have my third barracks right about now).

YoxalLoyal
02-27-2016, 07:34 AM
Forgot to ask, but did you ever do a "kickstart" roll for both your accounts? It's pretty much you using the first 5 free SCs (after saving Aigis) on a premium summon and hope you get a platinum or black unit. The reason for this is because these units can help carry your team further in the story missions. Some are even OP'ed to the point where they could bring you near the end of the story missions. Some guides, like the one I linked below, say that only platinum and black units are helpful in powerlevelling your other units, but I disagree to that. Sure some golds are pretty niche, but a good gold unit would be Bernice. If you lurk around the other threads, nearly everyone will recommend you use Bernice over Leeanne simply because she is the improved version of Leeanne. And what happens if you pull a silver? The guide says to reroll, meaning to make another account and bet your luck on that one. I, for one, don't recommend doing this numerous time since it's a hassle (trust me, I did this myself, so I know how painful it is to play 3 missions over and over again just to get a good unit).

Of course, I don't recommend you doing this now as you seem to be handling yourself quite well with your current units.

You can refer to VP's free player guide for more info: https://iceinhell.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/free-player-guide-a-guide-written-for-free-players-by-a-free-player/

buttlover
02-27-2016, 07:37 AM
You can refer to VP's free player guide for more info: https://iceinhell.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/free-player-guide-a-guide-written-for-free-players-by-a-free-player/

Good job doing lafate's dirty work. 4Head

Ramazan
02-27-2016, 09:53 AM
^ lel

I recommend, instead of levelling silver units go for gold and above first. Because you didnt summoned any from shrine and probably get better rarity of that silvers class. I even got 2 better witches than cloris which is gold, not even silver, so i say iris>katie>bashira>cloris>other golds>do your events or daily etc>shrine summoning. Buut i didnt get any heavy armor from shrine from all my accounts so you can cc 1 leanne for the time being. Ppl will say, cc silver you will use them for aw anyway, you can follow this too but i considered that you didnt summoned any unit and you have a loong way to aw units even if it comes tomorrow. Make habit of reading stuff about game, in forum or wiki, the game is very complex.

lolix
02-27-2016, 02:07 PM
leanne is actually a pretty good heavy , and will outperform the likes of garret (which is a gold heavy for example). Even if u got a bernice/gellius at the start , you will still need a cc-ed leanne , since there are events that require 2 heavies at least. You could also use a bernard , but he has around 50 or 60 less defense then a leanne (he has 200-300 more hp tho , so its a better magic tank) , but male units are harder to max aff

Ramazan
02-27-2016, 05:42 PM
http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Heavy_Armors
This table says not the same thing. In the end leanne outperform only bernard. But for starters yeah we have only 1 choice, frankly.

buttlover
02-27-2016, 05:59 PM
I think lolix meant purely defence wise, which is the main role for heavy armors.

You mustn't forget +aff bonus and active skill. Both of which are defensive for lee-anne.
Thats why she is the popular choice till you get plats or bernice.

Masterwolf
02-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Appreciate all the feedback. I did consider doing the reroll after 5SC option but decided I didn't want to spend the time doing it.

lolix
02-27-2016, 09:43 PM
heavies ability to tank is what matters the most for their role. In those regards , leanne is quite good , outperforming both bernard , and garret , and even marribel before her skill usage. Hell , maribel (which during her skill duration is comparable to a black unit) , will have 341 base defense X 2 = 682. Leanne , has 426 base armor , and assuming max skill level (you most likely won't have max skill level for a silver , but just for argument's sake , let's assume you do) will have extra 60%. That means 426 + 255,6 = 681,6. That is equal defense to marribel during her skill duration.

Ofc maribel gets also increased attack , and has naturally more hp , but in pure raw defense ability , leanne is right up there. Actually during her skill duration , she has more defense then even deine , but deine's is permanent (since she doesn't uses a skill) , and has monster like amounts of hp. The only heavies that can get more defense during their skill duration then leanne are gellius (which is the best heavy in the game for tanking purposes) and Bernice (which is the second tank in pure armor , during skill duration)

In conclusion leanne is a pretty good heavy , and even a maxed silver can be usefull , since it's cheaper and can be deployed faster then higher rarities. Also , since we're talking heavies , their role is to tank strong enemies , or purely be there for the block. Their dps is not important. This is the reason why garret is probably the worst heavy in the game

kayfabe
02-27-2016, 11:24 PM
I feel like that level of Garret hate is taking role fixation a bit too far. Garrett is basically Super Crave and that's actually pretty decent on maps that are heavy on stuff like wolves and archers. Leeanne has excellent mitigation for a silver but I have a hard time putting her head and shoulders above Garret given her modest effective health total and how little help she provides against rushes. So while I'll grant you that Garret's niche is somewhat non-traditional I'd argue that he fills it nicely whereas Leeanne's tier and single-minded devotion to mitigation based tanking means that she has a really hard time sticking around once you've acquired a Bernice.

Masterwolf
02-28-2016, 03:43 AM
For shits and giggles I decided to do a new account using the kickstarter strat. I ran it 10 times (And yeesh took me almost 2 hours). Here are the 10 crappy units I got.

1. Sanosuke
2. Harissa
3. Eunice
4. Phyllis
5. Stella
6. Harissa
7. Marnie
8. Stella
9. Dorca (Seriously?)
10 Mortimer (Ok now I am being trolled.)

So I have to say if you are not drunk and bored DO NOT do the kickstarter strat since you have to click so much you can't even AFK it to maybe watch something.

seorizuki
02-28-2016, 04:52 AM
I feel like that level of Garret hate is taking role fixation a bit too far. Garrett is basically Super Crave and that's actually pretty decent on maps that are heavy on stuff like wolves and archers. Leeanne has excellent mitigation for a silver but I have a hard time putting her head and shoulders above Garret given her modest effective health total and how little help she provides against rushes. So while I'll grant you that Garret's niche is somewhat non-traditional I'd argue that he fills it nicely whereas Leeanne's tier and single-minded devotion to mitigation based tanking means that she has a really hard time sticking around once you've acquired a Bernice.
eh, Garret is my main tank, yeah he is very useful for enemy rush like those automatas at Rika's event
well there will be plat event HA that have offensive skill too though, Garret will be more sidelined by then

For shits and giggles I decided to do a new account using the kickstarter strat. I ran it 10 times (And yeesh took me almost 2 hours). Here are the 10 crappy units I got.

1. Sanosuke
2. Harissa
3. Eunice
4. Phyllis
5. Stella
6. Harissa
7. Marnie
8. Stella
9. Dorca (Seriously?)

So I have to say if you are not drunk and bored DO NOT do the kickstarter strat since you have to click so much you can't even AFK it to maybe watch something.

at least there is 1 gold and 1 plat at your list lol

buttlover
02-28-2016, 05:04 AM

1. Sanosuke
2. Harissa
3. Eunice
4. Phyllis
5. Stella
6. Harissa
7. Marnie
8. Stella
9. Dorca (Seriously?)

Looks like a statistically average roll. Although the purpose of rerolling is to get the "special start" and marinie is a pretty sucky plat starter.

Its all about trade-off, are you willing to commit at least 10 hours of hardcore rerolling for a better start in a game which you might not want to fully commit to?
Or follow the game as intended and have some fun, because you'll eventually get good units one way or another.

I am slightly biased towards normal play, but if you already rolled 5 times and got nothing but silver. You might wanna reroll. If you saved up your SCs for a better stamp card then there is no need. (delayed gratification is not a common trait amongst gamers)

Anyway, people who start this week will get a good advantage regardless of rolls because they get a free plat princess along with the premium rolls.

Ramazan
02-28-2016, 01:36 PM

1. Sanosuke
2. Harissa
3. Eunice
4. Phyllis
5. Stella
6. Harissa
7. Marnie
8. Stella
9. Dorca (Seriously?)

So you got an average but not very good list. When i did 45sc shrine summoning, got 2 plats and 4 gold, and another gold from piece of crystals (%5 probability :)) i didnt thought i'd make a luckier account more than this and stayed with this one, you should be aiming like this if you are a hardcore kickstarter (you call it like this?) like me. But you can do like what buttlover said and play it with intended way, there is an event going on which gives you a very good unit so its up you in the end but dont miss the event.

Masterwolf
03-01-2016, 01:52 AM
Well that was a weird Monday Daily. On my Original account I had no damn luck at all and got 0 Plat, but on my second account that I am doing using that which I learned on here I got 2 Plat, so yeah once I get them to 40/41 ish (Gotta look up the numbers) I will have 2 CC's. And yeah I could probably have had more if I had more time to play but account no. 2 is looking promising. Should be able to at least farm the princess and maybe get her extra level once.

buttlover
03-01-2016, 03:35 AM
For Plat Units
Its Lv41 Exp @ 281 for one Exp Can to give max level

For Gold Units
Its Lv40 Exp @ 69

For Silver Units
its Lv40 Exp @ 678

For Black Units
its Lv42 Exp @644

All these are for using 3xfairies with Exp Can (8k exp) on units before CC.
You are welcome.

Masterwolf
03-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the numbers

soranokira
03-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the numbers

might wanna consider bookmarking this page: http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_Combination

Masterwolf
03-08-2016, 05:07 AM
Well thanks to other things taking play time away I was only able to get the basic version of her but I am happy with that for now. Just gonna make leveling her a pain in the butt.

Masterwolf
04-13-2016, 02:11 AM
So this is the account I have been trying to restore to being decent since I mucked it up in the beginning. I think I am doing ok so far but am now asking for opinions and suggestions moving forward.

Here is my current CC'd team (And yes I am getting them all to 30)
https://i.gyazo.com/dd160dc88b4dcce8a9c2fa75d0fa3c09.png

Here are the Units I think should be CC'd next. (Rogue is last spot because I need a Silver Archer. Miscounted how many I had before CCing Shao.)
https://i.gyazo.com/e7697ecbbc92716912c8ca1147fcd1fe.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

switch
04-13-2016, 02:44 AM
Not sure what the dancer does but another solider for up point is good. And some maps will need 3 healers so probably lvl the female healer

lolix
04-13-2016, 06:23 AM
Not sure what the dancer does but another solider for up point is good. And some maps will need 3 healers so probably lvl the female healer

dancers are buffer units. The provide a % of their attack and defense to other units. Personally i never understood the 2 soldiers strat. ANd i do have both max lvl katie and AW-ed jerome. Even before jerome's awakening , after i got him , i pretty much never got to field katie again. Like...the only map i remember using 2 soldiers was the spirits dailies. Other then that , i can't remember a map that required me to have 2 gold+ rarity soldiers. Hell , having another philys (or any silver rarity soldier in general/with reinforcements ability - min costed if possible) cc-ed might be better for cheap fast blocker to deploy.

Then again , that's just my own experience , so each to their own. Even if u decide to do as switch suggested , another soldier is not your priority now anyway. I would suggest raising your core team till all are level 50 at least

switch
04-13-2016, 06:42 AM
Yeah even I don't use the 2 soldiers alot but then again I also have Jerome. Plus my units do pretty high damage so haven't needed the extra blocker. But yeah there are a few maps that use a min coated philys and doesn't really hurt to have one. Those were my thoughts on what units next. I agree he needs to get core team up. Not sure why he needs 4 archers tho

lolix
04-13-2016, 06:58 AM
guessing that's because he won't use soma as a main archer pretty soon...as he should. I have nanaly , bashira , spica all at max level , and still have my soma and daniela cc-ed as well. DOn't use them much , but they were used before i got my spica and bashira

switch
04-13-2016, 07:12 AM
Well I do use bashira, Minerva and Spica. But I barely every needs put out all 3 aha

- - - Updated - - -

What main story map are you on? Masterwolf

lolix
04-13-2016, 07:34 AM
he won't either soon enough. As soon as he finishes raising his other archers probably

soranokira
04-13-2016, 07:43 AM
@masterwolf you can throw stray to a corner for the time being. he's no longer a priority. shao...I don't think she's mincost? if so, unlikely you'll need her as well (since you might as well field soma if you need a low cost archer)

your main team is roughly settled, just need 1 valerie to fill up 2 mage, 1 calliope to replace cloris (for low cost witch) and 3rd healer.
as for units in 2nd pic, take out crave, momiji, marie and probably verotte. these 4 will not be necessary in the near future. also add a valkyrie into the list to level.

switch
04-13-2016, 07:51 AM
He has Kerry?

Ramazan
04-13-2016, 08:11 AM
Yeah he got kerry for a valkyrie role and i dont think he needs a second one. Claudia cant be cced and do decent job even at 37 level so u'd want to add her to main team. If you complete the core somehow or like sorano said and leave 1 spot empty, then put the dancer there, i can imagine the possibilities of using her, tanking bosses, clearing swarms quickly... Well she'll gonna take a dps archer or an healers spot but either way using her makes that spot more stable, i think.

switch
04-13-2016, 08:34 AM
Still think he needs a second solider purely for the low cost block and after after 1 skill usage and a withdraw it's basically a free low cost unit blocker for rush maps or maps you need the up generated. Alot of silver only maps guides use her.

soranokira
04-13-2016, 10:21 AM
my mistake, I totally missed kerry. still, it'd be good to have an elaine as well. (there are maps in dmm where you would do to have 2 valks, and elaine is easy to mincost too)

also just realized your shao is CR4 so...well I guess she still can be used as a low cost archer. shao can probably be a temporary replacement for spica until you get her (aka 2nd archer), then drop to 3rd archer after that. and stray can still almost be benched.

Masterwolf
04-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Seems like the general advice is level up Valerie, 3rd Healer, and a Calliope and then focus on the core team. Then consider leveling up an Elaine and maybe Claudia.

And yeah Shao is CR4 and is currently my second archer behind Bashira. I mainly just listed all of my CC'd units to show what I have. I often field Claudia in my main team as a backup to Kerry but don't use her all that often. And yes Spica is my current goal.

As far as where I am at mission wise I have completed all of the main story quests except Immortal Beast, and am through Fiery Oasis in the Desert missions.

switch
04-13-2016, 08:34 PM
Look at videos for both base scrambles as you wanna complete those ASAP lvling up the units you need

soranokira
04-14-2016, 07:18 AM
Thanks for all the advice. Seems like the general advice is level up Valerie, 3rd Healer, and a Calliope and then focus on the core team. Then consider leveling up an Elaine and maybe Claudia.

And yeah Shao is CR4 and is currently my second archer behind Bashira. I mainly just listed all of my CC'd units to show what I have. I often field Claudia in my main team as a backup to Kerry but don't use her all that often. And yes Spica is my current goal.

As far as where I am at mission wise I have completed all of the main story quests except Immortal Beast, and am through Fiery Oasis in the Desert missions.

I would say that claudia takes priority over elaine because you already have kerry. but otherwise yeah you're more or less right. (the 4 you listed would be interchangeable in priority since it depends on event requirements)

also best map to farm = fiery oasis/base scramble 2.

switch
04-14-2016, 07:42 AM
I found base scramble 2 easier to 3 star then I did base scramble 1. So don't me worried if you can only 1-2 star base scramble 1

Ramazan
04-14-2016, 07:57 AM
Base scramble 2 easy? Man i couldnt do it even with 1 star, tried all 3 guides posted on youtube. Even base scramble 1 is 3* Do you guys have a better example video for it on jp?

soranokira
04-14-2016, 08:34 AM
Base scramble 2 easy? Man i couldnt do it even with 1 star, tried all 3 guides posted on youtube. Even base scramble 1 is 3* Do you guys have a better example video for it on jp?

you just need the right physical dmg output to take out boss. enough ranged dmg solves everything

switch
04-14-2016, 08:43 AM
Well I do have minevra the range DPS God aha

JMich
04-14-2016, 08:43 AM

I found the VP Games guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuGhc3hK8Hk) on youtube to be the easiest one, especially since it used just 2 healers. You do need some excellent archers for it though, but Spica and Bashira shouldn't be too much of a problem. Soma, Daniella, Alissa and Leanne should be staples of your team already, Iris and Cloris are gained from the tutorial and should also be leveled, so the "problem" would be the 2 mages.
Assuming you do mind the withdraws at the end, you should be able to 2 star it, even if the final boss walks through.

lolix
04-14-2016, 09:03 AM

You can also retire units from the field when your healers can't deal with all the wounded. Its better to have fewer units to heal , even if your dps lowers

Ramazan
04-14-2016, 11:49 AM
The problem is dps is not enough even im using gold or plat ones instead of silvers like in videos, i think its 45lwl bashira and 35lwl spica while in videos they are at least 54 lwl. Like i said i've tried all guides on youtube none worked. Gonna level archers a bit then try again. Shao helped me much but not enough.

Masterwolf
04-26-2016, 12:25 AM
Question Time again. Just got a Plat tin can today thankfully and need some advice.

This is my Base CC'd team + Christopher who should be CC'd tomorrow (Not wasting a Tin Can on a level 48)https://i.gyazo.com/db63dd17ea4e2794ecb50dc05fa91ddb.png

The question is what should I save my plat armor for?

Level 41(Skill 3) Claudia (Yes I know she doesn't CC)
Spica who I should have either this Thursday or next Thursday at the latest. (My current plan)
VH Khuri lvl 41 (I think I am good on ranged)
Dancer Marnie (only level 7 but can level pretty quick I am sure.)

Also if the answer is Spica (Which if I have been following along correctly on the forums I think is the answer.) Is Desert Battle better than Oasis since I will be getting Archers to level her?

soranokira
04-26-2016, 12:49 AM
no, oasis is better, period. 6 drops in total, 4 of which are bronze. the only better alternative is base scramble II (40 charisma)

probably spica. but if you dont have silver archers ready for her, probably getting bashira to cc50. also, I think it's a good time to be switching to level these units to cc50 now, aside from maybe leveling a bandit. and while leveling, you can check out desert guide missions to see how you can work your way to 3* base scramble II

Masterwolf
04-26-2016, 03:26 AM
no, oasis is better, period. 6 drops in total, 4 of which are bronze. the only better alternative is base scramble II (40 charisma)

probably spica. but if you dont have silver archers ready for her, probably getting bashira to cc50. also, I think it's a good time to be switching to level these units to cc50 now, aside from maybe leveling a bandit. and while leveling, you can check out desert guide missions to see how you can work your way to 3* base scramble II

And crud forgot about the silver archers. Ok Guess Spica is just going to 50 for now. I think I will just level my units to cc?? until I get more fodder units. And by Bandit I am assuming the Big burly bearded guy not the other crappy ones. (He's at 37 I always forget about leveling him).

Ramazan
04-26-2016, 04:24 AM
The next event could be dat plat bandit girls so i'd level other units for the time being. You already have kerry but if map requires some gankers just put there a 20-30lwl bronze bandit.

soranokira
04-26-2016, 04:43 AM
And crud forgot about the silver archers. Ok Guess Spica is just going to 50 for now. I think I will just level my units to cc?? until I get more fodder units. And by Bandit I am assuming the Big burly bearded guy not the other crappy ones. (He's at 37 I always forget about leveling him).

no idea who you're referring to, but the recommended silver bandit is Eunice. of course you can choose Mortimer without any severe repercussions in using them. (Has mortimer on my nutaku account because I thought increase attack was better than risk life back in the days)

Masterwolf
04-26-2016, 05:12 AM
no idea who you're referring to, but the recommended silver bandit is Eunice. of course you can choose Mortimer without any severe repercussions in using them. (Has mortimer on my nutaku account because I thought increase attack was better than risk life back in the days)

Mortimer was who I was referring to. Only decent silver bandit I have.

- - - Updated - - -

The next event could be dat plat bandit girls so i'd level other units for the time being. You already have kerry but if map requires some gankers just put there a 20-30lwl bronze bandit.

Yeah holding the plat tin can in reserve for now. Can mostly level a Bandit without wasting the armor.