PDA

View Full Version : Elite Guard Slot Reels

Unregistered
03-19-2016, 02:53 AM
I don't want to whine too much about this but does it bother anyone else how slow they go? In the bonus Area the slot reels go fast. In the EG area, where you drain stamina much more slowly, the reels are slow again. Given how many times you have to pull them to drain your stamina I think it would be a nice courtesy to make them fast like the Bonus area slots.

Just a thought.

ChibiKika
03-19-2016, 07:09 AM
I'd say making a comparison between EG and Bonus Area or GHQ might be an unfair comparison (story vs event) but admittedly I've had that feeling before, not the same comparison but in contrast to Pero Gambit. Gambit uses the same system as BA/GHQ despite being an event and for that matter, I think EG is like the only event slow "reel" I've run across.

Whether or not it's worth whining about is a different matter though. Aside from maybe the last day of the second half when people are rushing to get their SEG eliminations in, there's usually no sense of urgency to this particular event, whereas BA/GHQ figure you've gone far enough to not want to waste your time and Gambit has very heavy emphasis on race to the finish.

So yeah, personally, I wouldn't mind if they sped it up but at the same time, I've never really found it that particularly irritating.

Neko
03-19-2016, 08:48 AM
That feeling when u see a SEG pop up from someone else and u wanna poke it.. but u got multiple chance time crap >.> xd

JSensei
03-19-2016, 11:27 AM
I don't want to whine too much about this but does it bother anyone else how slow they go? In the bonus Area the slot reels go fast. In the EG area, where you drain stamina much more slowly, the reels are slow again. Given how many times you have to pull them to drain your stamina I think it would be a nice courtesy to make them fast like the Bonus area slots.

Just a thought.

God yes. I've had this feeling SO many times.

That feeling when u see a SEG pop up from someone else and u wanna poke it.. but u got multiple chance time crap >.> xd

Yup. Had that one too. Only to find out that the SEG got poked down before I could get to it. On the bright side, so many of the wonderful folks around here share an overabundance of SEGs, so if you miss one, you can just poke the next bajillion.

ChibiKika
03-20-2016, 02:56 AM
On the bright side, so many of the wonderful folks around here share an overabundance of SEGs, so if you miss one, you can just poke the next bajillion.

Speaking of which, this is going to sound like a recording from the old days, but did they ever get around to "fixing" the elimination count issues for SEGs?

Elimination Count Issues: Only the SEG finder and finisher receive credit towards a SEG elimination, frequently resulting in the PPS equivalent of "Killsteal." This little thing arose during the first elite guard event and at the time PPS-Nutaku support labeled it as a "feature".

Neko
03-20-2016, 04:45 AM
Yea now every poke counts