PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Energy Drinks: To use or not to use?

ChibiKika
03-21-2016, 06:06 AM
Back during the first Elite Guard event that sponsored SEGs, Nutaku-PPS staff made a bold (and later admittedly terrible, terrible) mistake of nullifying certain Special Effect Cards (nowadays, they would be the Beta SEDs) and placing SEGs at ridiculously high levels (100+) and if you know by heart the formula used for calculating SEG hp...

Keep in mind, back then there were about half (if not less) as many cards as there were now, so even among the heavy hitters, almost no one had quite broken 1m SED power yet. To make things worse, nothing was around to influence a tremendously low SEG encounter rate, and there was an existing "feature" where SEG elimination counts only went to finder and finisher. Thus, you can imagine the frustration, the volume of angry facebook posts, the tickets...

Suffice to say, back then Sexual Energy Drinks were essential to every SEG encounter, because by god, you couldn't eliminate one without having a good bunch of friends all hitting her up at full strength. Softening the strain was the bare minimum of obligations you could uphold as a SEG searcher and in the end it was a case of comparing 5k pero of one drink vs 500 gold from other players maybe yourself of pero puddings (burgers/shakes weren't implemented at the time).

That being said, it's been several months, and at least on this end even if Nutaku-PPS hasn't gotten everything together, they've made things alot easier to put up with.

So I ask, is there still an enforcement for using Sexual Energy Drinks like back then? And if so, is there a generally accepted cutoff for when you should/shouldn't use one? I have 3 hitters on my friend list, 2 weak shot over 5m and 1 over 10m, which gives me the impression that using a drink on a low level SEG isn't just unnecessary but undesirable if more players want to get pokes in.

Tenhou
03-21-2016, 06:49 AM
No, i think the drinks shouldn't be used unless you do not have friends with slayers. The more people that can strike them the better.

blacksaber
03-21-2016, 06:50 AM
The only reason I think a person use a drink is if you see your heavy hitting friends arn't online. I tend to use the elixir if I run into a weak EG.

But I am one of the fortunate people who has a pretty high SED (even without the slayers). So halving the an SEG would only insure the lower level friends have an even shorter time to poke the bear.

JSensei
03-21-2016, 12:53 PM
When I'm not playing on my phone, I try to share SEGs to lower hitting friends first and then work my way up to the heavy hitters. For a lot of people, it's a race to 300 SEGs, which will be a long, arduous process. To ensure that we all get there, I would say keep the drinks to a minimum unless you plan to solo the SEG. Can't blame you if you do, but short of soloing it, save more for those at the bottom.