PDA

View Full Version : Elite Guard Events: Recommendations for being Considerate and Observant

ChibiKika
03-25-2016, 05:43 PM
I expect that this thread will either get flamed, shut down, or buried under a few pages of other threads pretty fast but I figured I'd say my 2-piece anyways. There isn't really an intended reader or audience, but I guess I'd be happy if anyone out there gets something out of it.

I'm just gonna go to state the experiences (as a gamer) I've had in this game during the Elite Guard events, specifically player behaviors that often prove difficult to observe in the grand scheme of things given the nature of this game itself.

Despite being an erotic game where there's literally just nothing but buttons to push, we frequently forget that Peropero Seduction is still an MMO, and Elite Guards are akin to Raid Battles in your traditional MMO. As a result, in consideration for rules and tidbits, you sometimes might find it desirable to stop and go out of your way to change your usual line of action just so you can help make someone else's Elite Guard experience just a bit better or ease your own approach to the game and its demand for resources.

Finder Tips:

We all know that feeling: you stumble on a modestly powerful SEG, you call for help, and instead of basking in the glory of victory, you watch in frustration and anger as the 30-minute timer ticks to zero. Thirty minutes...thirty whole f***ing minutes and apparently no one among your friend list cared enough to actually make the kill and those who could were either offline or uncaring...(or you didn't ask for their support and regretted it later). Yet believe it or not, there's a requirement of certain kinds of friends you need to have at the ready, and also a requirement of acceptance that if you're just not good enough to do the job yourself, you have little right to bitch at those friends who probably aren't any better off.

Friend Identities:
In my general experience of Elite Guard events, I've come across at least 3 player personalities that as a finder, I've had to deal with accordingly: (You may have a classification of these kinds of players that differ in name or detailed behavior but the general idea should still be there)

1. Poke-and-prod: Fairly lacking in SED power but hungry for rewards, players like this weak seduce everything that comes into their support bar, and only once. They make up the fairly unreliable general early-game player base, and they are a dime a dozen. If you're being considerate, let them in on the fun. If you have reason to be or just are inconsiderate by nature, ignoring them probably works just the same: it's doubtful they'll notice much since they're busy jumping from boss to boss anyways.

2. Drive-by: Players in this category pretty much would match with Poke-and-prods...if their SED power wasn't so monstrously high that their weak seductions hit like trucks. They'll generally honor the luxury of time to let other players get their participation pokes in, and won't make more than one hit unless the target is both Juicy (high Inhibition SEG) and at risk of escaping.

3. Maniac: Regardless of what SED power is on hand, these players try to eliminate everything in the support list, no matter the cost. Burning pudding and burgers in mere minutes, you can identify them by the usual mvp status and high total attack count. They are your best option when you absolutely need your encounter done fast, but keep in mind that, intentional or not, they tend to hog all the glory.

Approach:
In my current friend's list of this Elite Guard (#7), I have 4 drive-bys, 2 maniacs (one of which has truck power), and the rest are poke-and-prods. Frankly I'm not fond of maniacs but as I used to be one myself, I can't wholeheartedly blame the approach, and instead find myself trying to work around their aggressive nature.

To make sure that most of my friends get an in on the action, I will (when I have the luxury of doing so) go out of my way to separate my support requests by time.

In my case for low inhibition SEGs and leftover EGs (I usually one-shot all my EGs but a few slip through the cracks barely left standing), upon encounter I send out support requests excluding recent/online drive-bys and maniacs, and then include them 5 minutes later. This gives sufficient time for any poke-and-prod looking down the support list to get in that poke and move on while still leaving the heavy lifting to the big hitters.

In the case of high inhibition SEGs, I include drive-bys from the start and don't throw in maniacs until 5 minutes later. Important thing to note here is that maniacs don't just disregard your weaker friends but your stronger ones as well.

(For the record, my classification of high/low inhibition SEGs is dependent on how many drive-by friends are online at the time. If the SEG's inhibition is lower than the combined 1-attack strength of my online drive bys minus one friend, I consider it a low. If it's higher than that, I consider it a high. The actual classification for you will vary depending on what degrees of SED your heavy hitter friends have.)

Ultimately how you plan to divide up your support requests (or if you plan to do so at all to begin with) is your own choice, but know that the friends you request support from have their own opinions, and if they can't seem to get a hit in on your SEGs/EGs because another friend of yours keeps taking up the kills, they may eventually opt to ignore your requests completely to save time and trouble.

Hitter Tips:

We all strive for this position and those of us who tough it out eventually stand here. You sit about and watch as your weakest attacks seem to blow away what most players struggle with for the longest time. Whether it's your power or your kindness, you'll never know but your friends respect and rely on you for their encounters and the feeling is never better. That being said, even you have limits, and when your limits are being met, you may find yourself needing to rethink your friends and where they stand.

Friend Identities:
Much like from the finder side, I've run across more or less 3 kinds of players as a hitter that I've had to pay attention to. Rarely has any been a problem, but problems have risen still, and so I'm sure they will for others.

1. Tactician: Players in this field exclude and request players in a pattern that ensures that every encounter they have is met with great participation and a lovely finish to wrap it up. They often give plenty of time for the weaker players, and still come back to give sufficient time towards the stronger ones. They also monitor how many online hitters they have and in a shortage of "man"power, go out of their way to use energy drinks and sometimes weaken their guards themselves to make things easier on everyone else.

2. Siren (The device, not the mythical creature): With total disregard for who's online and how strong the encounter actually is, these players frequently max out their support list and walk away. It's hard to say whether they expect their encounters to pass through successfully but keep in mind that the moment they find something they can't or don't want to deal with, it'll be thrown onto your support list...and that of every other friend they've dismissively dragged into the mix.

3. Absentminded: Players like this try to make the tactician approach but maybe because they're busy doing other things, they come back to the boss with very little time on the clock, and in a panic throw out a last minute "send all" ditch effort hoping someone will answer the call and save the day in time. Once or twice wouldn't be a big deal, but maybe by habit or by external influence, this panic pattern becomes a regular thing when receiving ill-timed requests from this particular friend.

Approach:
Unlike dealing with hitters from the finder side, dealing with finders from the hitter side is really as simple as delaying or ignoring support requests, and in the worst case scenarios deleting that friend if you really can't put up with the erratic behaviors.

Me personally, I've had no problems dealing with either 3 types, as I'm usually both fast and strong enough to make a difference and my role as a finder gets me enough elimination counts to not think too much about missing a SEG or two. In this event I only had one particular incident where I had to delete a siren, and it was because I happened to be the strongest friend he had and 3 times in a row he threw me a lvl 50+ SEG without using a drink to weaken it, expecting me to do ALL the work despite me personally sending a pie and recommending he use a drink and find stronger friends (he never responded too so I felt ignored). The idea of him throwing me back to back exclusive and powerful SEGs struck me as all too taxing so after some self-deliberation, I deleted an active friend for the first time in a long time.

In most cases of these kinds of finders, your main difficulty may not even be the finder but the hitters that the finder is associated with eliminating the encounters before you can get in your own poke. In such cases, it wouldn't hurt to reach out to the finder and request a change in approach but dealing with that is still a matter of personal preference; it may be more convenient if not easier for you to just walk away from future requests instead.

Overview:

This game is taxing on its player base. Same as any other mmo out there, to get far and enjoy the most of PPS you have to play expensive or (sometimes and) play smart. With that in mind, I hope you make the best of your enjoyment of this game by going out of your way to make things easier on your mind and your wallet...and when possible those of others whenever you can.

And if not...well, it's a game and a worldwide community. Far be it for me to criticize your ways of gaming and expect you to change them to fit my preferences.

Ladies lover
03-25-2016, 11:03 PM
Nice work ;)

Unregistered
03-25-2016, 11:54 PM
I'm assuming that the kind of finder you want us to aspire to be is the Tactician, as it was the only one you described with any positive attributes. But it was less clear what kind of hitter you prefer to have on your friends list.

I've finally gotten to the point where I feel like I can contribute to my friends this event, and I've become a poke/prod hitter, mostly because at 500K my SED is now high enough to take out all of my own EG finds within the time limit (if I have to), and I can usually spare a few focus points for support sometime within that limit when friends put up SEGs. I felt bad because I hit the full attack without thinking on a very low level SEG once and have since made sure I leave enough inhibition for everyone.

I'll admit to being a siren finder, but mostly so that my friends can always get in on the kills if they so choose. I do it even on EGs...the support rewards aren't that great compared to the other rewards, but I put the option out there anyway, and I hope it isn't seen as a bad thing. Usually, I'll dump a full load of focus (or two) on it first, then call for support. It's kind of all I can do at my relatively low-power level of play.