PDA

View Full Version : The Rookies questions collection

White935
04-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Hey,

As a new player I've got several questions that occasional pop up, or otherwise just asking for assistance (which your fine gents and ladies have been providing :) )
I figure rather than filling other threads with my questions i'd just put them in a topic of my own.

I've been helped with the CC order i should handle with my current team composition.

http://harem-battle.club/attachment.php?attachmentid=1004&d=1459544852

I also have recently managed to pick up the plantium Bandit Lyla.
is that a unit i should be leveling, and if so in my unit composition which unit should she replace?

BTW Daniella is currently CC'ed before level fifty, due to my ignorance at the beginning, and i intend to replace her eventually.

Also if you have tips of any units is should seek to add or replace i'd welcome the suggestions!

Thank you for your time

namhoang909
04-02-2016, 10:49 AM
normally having a high rarity team like yours will assure firepower for any battle but, high rarity unit has higher cost and that will slower your deployment so a complex team with silver and above is better, or you could just roll and reduce cost of high rarity unit.
for daniella, thing happened and if you mean to replace her then keep her as fodder for later AW
edit: i am so jealous i rolled a lot and yet never got a plat unit

White935
04-02-2016, 11:12 AM
normally having a high rarity team like yours will assure firepower for any battle but, high rarity unit has higher cost and that will slower your deployment so a complex team with silver and above is better, or you could just roll and reduce cost of high rarity unit.
for daniella, thing happened and if you mean to replace her then keep her as fodder for later AW
edit: i am so jealous i rolled a lot and yet never got a plat unit

Yeah, i admit my rolls ain't bad. I never got any black but i seem to hit it off with platinum.
I'm not really experiencing the issue with deployment cost as i use katie early.. my usualy problem is the fact that the ONI looks at my unit supported by 2 healers and it dies.
I just can't seem to follow the strategies as my meele units don't seem up to pair.

So far i use Gina and Katie as early deployment coupled with bashire and danielle (bashire 15 danielle 10).
From there i usually get most of my team out as it goes...thou i agree is should probably level up some silver/copper early deployment units.

lolix
04-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Onis are high damage monsters , and its better of not being tanked if possible. You kill them with ranged dps (which won't eventually be a problem for you since you have 2 good archers). Camilla is a monster healer , and she can outheal even the black healer we have avaible in premium , tho , so she's good (regardless of what others keep saying >> that she's just an improved iris. Well , she is but a much better one)

That being said , lilia is a great princess , and you were lucky with your witches as well. To be fair , i'd level my gold witch first since she has a skill that can help you do war of magic (adele shouldn't be able IMO) . Also , being an elf she has dmaage comparable with a plat witch (for example she has like 6 less damage then belinda) , but adele has a better awakening , by making your team tankier. Still , i'd cc the gold first.

Marr is another unit i would like to have. She won't be a tank healer , but with camilla there , you shouldn't have problems. All in all , very good healer squad.

That being said , i don't specially like gina , and never used zola , but i guess they have their niches as well.

All in all a very high rarity team , and very nice rolls as well. You got some really good units. You should be good in a co6ple weeks or so with this team , even if you screw this event. With your luck in getting plats , you could try for a uzume anyway (assuming you're a paying user and can afford it) , which is a better strategist then the event one :)

soranokira
04-02-2016, 11:34 AM
generally, Gina is a somewhat hard to use unit as most of the time you can fare just as well with a 2nd soldier or an archer to support your 1st soldier (katie) for early rushes.

as usual, the general idea is to get 50cc30 with 100% affection for the following:
Katie = bashira = iris = cloris (only if you're rushing to phalanx 2, otherwise she is lower priority) > bernice/leeanne = soma/daniela =alissa > cloris/calliope = valerie = leeanne/2nd heavy

in this case, Victoria can temporarily replace the need to get a Spica, but you will likely lack silver archers to CC her, so just use bashira + Soma/Daniela for now. then Bernice and leeanne will suffice for most tanking. adele replaces cloris and yuyu replaces calliope although you will want a mincosted calliope in the future. Camilla replaces Iris and Iris replaces Alissa, but you'll probably want a 3rd healer anyway later on, which alissa can be. Cyrus can replace valerie.

After the core team I mentioned above, you'll want gankers and duelists, which include Lilia, Gina and Elaine for you. and Eunice/Conrad/Cypria. Marle and Zola should be low priority for now as they'll be harder to use as compared to the others.
and 1 team of 15 units is never enough to cover all grounds for event purposes. check out lafate's unit composition guide, he listed a recommended team composition there.

White935
04-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Onis are high damage monsters , and its better of not being tanked if possible. You kill them with ranged dps (which won't eventually be a problem for you since you have 2 good archers). Camilla is a monster healer , and she can outheal even the black healer we have avaible in premium , tho , so she's good (regardless of what others keep saying >> that she's just an improved iris. Well , she is but a much better one)

That being said , lilia is a great princess , and you were lucky with your witches as well. To be fair , i'd level my gold witch first since she has a skill that can help you do war of magic (adele shouldn't be able IMO) . Also , being an elf she has dmaage comparable with a plat witch (for example she has like 6 less damage then belinda) , but adele has a better awakening , by making your team tankier. Still , i'd cc the gold first.

Marr is another unit i would like to have. She won't be a tank healer , but with camilla there , you shouldn't have problems. All in all , very good healer squad.

That being said , i don't specially like gina , and never used zola , but i guess they have their niches as well.

All in all a very high rarity team , and very nice rolls as well. You got some really good units. You should be good in a co6ple weeks or so with this team , even if you screw this event. With your luck in getting plats , you could try for a uzume anyway (assuming you're a paying user and can afford it) , which is a better strategist then the event one :)

Thank you for the guidance, I don't really know the quality of each individual, so i usually just try to pick unit type and quality type, but i suppose i should really read up what they can give me in the future (CC and AW). Thanks!
as for being a paying user, I'll be spending a bit each month, more as a way to cover the fact that i like the developers translating these games thou.

generally, Gina is a somewhat hard to use unit as most of the time you can fare just as well with a 2nd soldier or an archer to support your 1st soldier (katie) for early rushes.

as usual, the general idea is to get 50cc30 with 100% affection for the following:
Katie = bashira = iris = cloris (only if you're rushing to phalanx 2, otherwise she is lower priority) > bernice/leeanne = soma/daniela =alissa > cloris/calliope = valerie = leeanne/2nd heavy

in this case, Victoria can temporarily replace the need to get a Spica, but you will likely lack silver archers to CC her, so just use bashira + Soma/Daniela for now. then Bernice and leeanne will suffice for most tanking. adele replaces cloris and yuyu replaces calliope although you will want a mincosted calliope in the future. Camilla replaces Iris and Iris replaces Alissa, but you'll probably want a 3rd healer anyway later on, which alissa can be. Cyrus can replace valerie.

After the core team I mentioned above, you'll want gankers and duelists, which include Lilia, Gina and Elaine for you. and Eunice/Conrad/Cypria. Marle and Zola should be low priority for now as they'll be harder to use as compared to the others.
and 1 team of 15 units is never enough to cover all grounds for event purposes. check out lafate's unit composition guide, he listed a recommended team composition there.

Thanks for the tips, i suppose i should try to level some silver fighters and build up a bit of varied support.. and i suppose i'll look about replacing gina and Zola.
and focus on leveling up the core units as you suggested :)
Thank you for your assistance.

switch
04-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Min cost a phliys as a second solider if you have heaps of soldiers. And out in lyla instead of Zola

soranokira
04-02-2016, 08:25 PM
My mistake, I forgot you had lyla as well. in that case you probably should use her as duelist instead of Eunice/Conrad. that said, it'll still be some time away before I suggest you work on her. she is a good unit, just not the right type of unit to level first.

H-A-T core team. (Healer-Archer-Tank)

Kirito Rick
04-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Shouldn't he consider having more melee units..he has just 5 in the team and lyla (if you add her as well)...

i know he has many ranged dps units but still i think a anti zerg and another heavy armour could be used....

Also..Zola is a good unit..(i atleast like her artwork)...she has a fairly high range similar to pirates...and can deal heavy physical damage and is a great anti swarm ranged unit...(though she still remains a situation based unit.)

White935
04-03-2016, 03:14 AM
Shouldn't he consider having more melee units..he has just 5 in the team and lyla (if you add her as well)...

i know he has many ranged dps units but still i think a anti zerg and another heavy armour could be used....

Also..Zola is a good unit..(i atleast like her artwork)...she has a fairly high range similar to pirates...and can deal heavy physical damage and is a great anti swarm ranged unit...(though she still remains a situation based unit.)

I've made some alterations to the team due to everyone's fine advice

I've also been using my EXP armor to help catch up on CC'en a few of the important units, sadly am out of silver archers which is a problem right now.
I've found Gina (costing only 9 unit points) to be a quick deployment unit, with reasonable block and damage so far.

soranokira
04-03-2016, 03:26 AM
I've made some alterations to the team due to everyone's fine advice

I've also been using my EXP armor to help catch up on CC'en a few of the important units, sadly am out of silver archers which is a problem right now.
I've found Gina (costing only 9 unit points) to be a quick deployment unit, with reasonable block and damage so far.

yup, silver archer is a problem because you have bashira and victoria, which is why I said " Victoria can temporarily replace the need to get a Spica, but you will likely lack silver archers to CC her, so just use bashira + Soma/Daniela for now"
your next step should be leveling the cc'd units and lilia to 30 and getting iris and adele to cc30. remember to get some affection, and if you feel it's worth it, you can buy goddess blessings to try for more stars around 3 days before event ends

lolix
04-03-2016, 09:21 AM
i disagree with sora. Don't waste the resources to get adele cc-ed first. First of all , she takes 3 silvers. Second at all , without her skill usage , yuyu does comparable damage to her. And third : yuyu has range increase skill , which will be more usefull for challenge quest (especially war of magic) , while costing lower resources to cc

edit for clarity : eventually adele will be the better witch , but before AW (and u sitll need time for that) , i personaly like yuyu more

White935
04-03-2016, 09:30 AM
i disagree with sora. Don't waste the resources to get adele cc-ed first. First of all , she takes 3 silvers. Second at all , without her skill usage , yuyu does comparable damage to her. And third : yuyu has range increase skill , which will be more usefull for challenge quest (especially war of magic) , while costing lower resources to cc

edit for clarity : eventually adele will be the better witch , but before AW (and u sitll need time for that) , i personally like yuyu more

I admit I've been leveling YuYu first due to the luck of having reduced the cost slightly (i got 2 copies of her). So i figured i'd level her first, but in general am following Sora's general priority part, but yeah Lolix, i'm following that tip of yours already :)

lolix
04-03-2016, 09:47 AM
I admit I've been leveling YuYu first due to the luck of having reduced the cost slightly (i got 2 copies of her). So i figured i'd level her first, but in general am following Sora's general priority part, but yeah Lolix, i'm following that tip of yours already :)

As you should. Sora knows what he's saying , but the only problem with his points is that sometimes he looks way too far into the future and ignores more newbie related issues >>> like the cost of cc or imediate use of units.

soranokira
04-03-2016, 10:33 AM
to be exact, I said adele because of increase attack skill. and I was under the assumption he had enough silvers. if he doesn't have enough, then yes I agree just go with yuyu. in any case, point here is simply this: you need cc'd witch to clear event. (shadow sorcery)

I'd bet on the green/red onis dying to increase attack skill then yuyu's slightly faster attack speed and slightly more no. of attacks due to range up skill.
point 2: I am simply offering my opinion, the choice is the player's to make.

Tenhou
04-03-2016, 10:58 AM
As a funny fact, Yuyu's attack speed seems to have been nerfed. At least if you look at the DMM attack speed tables. My previous dps calculations put her at 310 dps at max non-AW level, but looking at the table now it's 270. This is 10 more dps than a maxed out Adele, and Adele is at 338 dps with skill use. Wonder if they messed her up with ryuryu or she actually got nerfed.

Edit: Sure, i could have messed up as well, but i'd like confirmation on that.

Unregistered
04-03-2016, 11:03 AM
a fakl is jelly u haz al dis pnut butrr

White935
04-15-2016, 02:12 PM
a fakl is jelly u haz al dis pnut butrr

I'm unable to comprehend what you're trying to say.

--------------------------------
A new question i have for ya lot is, am trying to finish castle retake.. while am doing fine uptil the very last hoard.

my formation is

---------------Archer --------------------Mage
---------------Witch----------------------Gold healer
------------------------Heavy-heavy---------------
Witch--------------------------------------Plat healer.

I also keep an archer in the very back to hopefully pick off stranglers.. but the sheer hoards of unit passing thought gets thought the double heavy and the archers/mage can't take them out fast enough.. and i lose due to goblins and loss of life..... any tips on.. should i put more melee units behind it ?

switch
04-15-2016, 02:37 PM
if you have the unit points. and dont care about the map so much. legit just use units are blockers to do to make sure you live and atleast 1 star it to get past the map and onto dessert missions

JMich
04-15-2016, 03:27 PM
any tips on.. should i put more melee units behind it ?
Replace the archer with a second mage. Valerie/Roy combo should be enough to obliterate the goblins, Valerie/Valerie will be better. Just remember that the lich will target the last placed unit, so make the switch before you drop the mage.

You do also have your prince deployed, right? He does provide quite a boost.

ZeroZet
04-16-2016, 04:54 AM
any tips on..?As with any other map: Watch videos, replicate unit composition and level em up.
XD