PDA

View Full Version : Tips & Tricks from my JP experience

fluffs
04-17-2016, 09:24 AM
This is just a set of advice to keep people from regretting wasting resources they didn't know they're wasting.

Let me get this out of the way first: More stars = stronger. Starting at 4*, girls have passive skills, and passive skills get better after evolution. They also have better active spells, are more likely to have character quests, and get more out of gifts that you give them. 5* are even better, and 6* are even better... overall. 4* is the cutoff for having passive skills, though, so focus on 4* and higher before 2* and 3*.

As for resources:

Exploration points. You can get flower gems out of these, so make sure you use them up before leveling even if your stamina bar is already full. Also keep track of how many you've done or pay attention to your Quests so you don't waste explorations. They do give stamina back, so normally you will want to wait to explore until you need stamina... but it's most important to make sure you use them.

Raid points. Use them whenever you can. Just keep track of your raid quest. Later on, you'll want to save raid points for bosses that are stronger for the better rewards. How do rewards work? The person who finds the raid boss gets a fixed reward, and each person who helps kill it gets a contribution-based reward. What this means is you don't need to worry about having no raid points when a boss appears; just click the "ask for help" button and you'll still get some reward.

Stamina. Assume that you'll end up getting a bonus stage after the next fight and plan accordingly. Save that stamina just in case. If you have a lot of stamina but are relatively close to leveling up, use some special missions - they give low exp to stamina and special rewards.

Gifts. Pick one girl per gift type to give presents to. Ideally, sort your units by rarity and give presents to the rarest first, but the most important part is getting to 100% asap, because you'll get a flower gem each time and rewards every so often from main quest. In order to get the daily quest, give gifts to one girl, claim your quest reward, then do the rest of your gifts. You can get one of each type of gift from a daily quest. Every day there is a special quest that gives gifts as loot. Getting 3* clears in main quest often gives gifts, and you can sometimes find gift items in normal boxes and exploration.

Manyu. Upgrading costs more the higher level the girl gets, so be a little efficient when you can. I separate the levels into three, so the lowest level manyu gets a girl to 20, the middle level manyu gets her to 40, the highest level manyu goes the rest of the way. Within each rank I pick one girl of each color to get the manyu. Personally, I go with the 4* and higher first for various reasons explained below. 2 of each low-level manyu are given out from daily quests each day. Twice a week there are special quests for Manyu. You can get low level manyu from normal gacha. Otherwise, you get random manyu from Exploration and from bonus stages.

Ampies. Permanent stat boosts. This is what makes my disclaimer at the top a lie. Is Mint your favorite character? Pump her full of ampies and eventually she'll be strong enough to go toe-to-toe with 6* units. Unfortunately, Ampies are rare and make only a small difference each time, so my strong recommendation is to pick your favorite girl, whoever she is, and give her all your ampies. There may be a limit to how many ampies you can use per girl, but I haven't seen one personally after 30 of each on one character in JP. Ampies are most common from event rewards, but are also rarely found in treasure chests.

Normal Gacha. Upgrading a girl using the same girl as material gives more accessory slots up to 4. If the girl used as material has the same skill, there's a chance of increasing the skill by one per girl up to level 5. Many 3* girls share skills with 2* girls, and even a 4* girl (Saffron Tulip) shares a skill with a 2* girl... What I recommend doing is Locking girls in the Character Equip/Lock section as you get the first one of each, using duplicates as upgrade fodder only if you can improve skills or equipment slots with them, then sell any leftovers. You'll need to save up gold. In JP there was a daily quest for using gacha points, so it was worthwhile keeping some in reserve, but here there is no quest so use the points as you get them; you might get lucky and get some 4* girls. The best way to get normal gacha is through doing main quest and going after every bonus stage.

Accessories. Ring, bracelet, earring, necklace. You can have up to one of each on each girl depending on how many slots you have unlocked. On the other hand, you can only use 20 girls at a time, so you only need the best 20 of each type of accessory; don't waste flower gems expanding capacity. When you hit level 40 and are able to upgrade accessories... be careful. It's a huge money sink, and the 4* rings and 3* bracelets, plus event accessories, are the items I'd suggest upgrading.

Flower Gems. Premium gacha is a scam! Having said that, luck is what it is. Just make sure you have 50 and get a bonus roll. At the very least it will help you get 4* units. For expanding unit capacity, I like having at least 11 free spaces, so I'll spend flower gems to expand unit space. Restoring raid points and stamina is never worthwhile - unless you're 10 minutes away from getting something from an event of course. By the way, at least in JP there were occasional bonus reward gachas like "you also get some manyu" or "you also get dragons" or "there's a higher chance of getting blue units". So it's a good idea to hold on to flower gems if you're not sure. You can rarely get flower gems from exploration, but the main sources of flower gems are daily login and 3* clears of most missions.

Gold. Such an easily-forgettable resource. Some gets consumed when you upgrade, you get some from each dungeon, but you can ignore it, right? Wrong. To evolve a 5* unit, you need 150k gold. 4* need 100k gold. 3* need 80k gold. 2* "only" need 50k gold each. Equipment uprades are also expensive, and they might possibly do what JP did - add monthly 4* units you can buy for gold at 150k each. It's not hard to earn gold, but once you reach a certain point it will be just as easy to spend it.

Life Crystals. Save them, save them, save them. If you get lucky enough to get a 6* unit, you'll need 500 life crystals for one (guaranteed) skill level increase. Even 5* units require 250 per skill up. Don't be discouraged by the fact that you can only get maybe 4 or 5 a day from daily quests, though; they can be drops in various event dungeons.

P.S. Do the daily quests when you can! :)

Fabloo
04-17-2016, 11:08 AM
The limit for ampies is 100 of each one.

Zenithale
04-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the tips!

And since you know the game very well, do you know what is that?
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/zenithale/What_zpsv3yx5cef.png
It seems each time you get 10 loots or more on the battlefield (Gather) there is the NPC Girl who run in the backround. Is that just for fun?

Azumish
04-17-2016, 05:38 PM
I believe seeing her in the background means you're getting a rare chest from the gathering.

Armeris
04-18-2016, 03:33 PM
A few questions here:

There is any advantage or malus evolving a unit with skill 5/5 (100% affection and all the stuff) but with for example only 2/4 equip slot? The slot reset with evolve process? Care a shit? Just curious XD

When a unit evolve, the skill lvl reset? If reset. an evolved unit have the same skill that previous state?

There's a main japanese wikia? Want to take a look for future units ^^

fluffs
04-18-2016, 07:12 PM
A few questions here:

There is any advantage or malus evolving a unit with skill 5/5 (100% affection and all the stuff) but with for example only 2/4 equip slot? The slot reset with evolve process? Care a shit? Just curious XD

When a unit evolve, the skill lvl reset? If reset. an evolved unit have the same skill that previous state?

There's a main japanese wikia? Want to take a look for future units ^^

During evolution, the character's base HP/ATK/DEF drop. Any ampies, skill level, affection %, equipment slots remain unchanged, except affection boost is doubled after evolution. Passive skills also improve after evolution - for instance, Saffron Tulip's ability of increasing defense by 3% for 2 squad members is something you'd forget about, but after evolution it will give said squad members a damage reflection.

Basically, if you've maxed out affection for the character, evolve them. Otherwise, you might as well leave them at max level for a while.

MiqDoloran
04-18-2016, 08:05 PM
Here (http://xn--eckq7fg8cygsa1a1je.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/) is one of the Japanese wikis.

Armeris
04-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Thnks fluffs and MiqDoloran for the info ^^

Sasha
04-19-2016, 02:44 PM
One simple tip you didn't mention, you can gather 3 times and then you have to wait for the timer to reset to gather again, I saw it and thought you could only gather 3 times total and theres no point pressing it while the timer is counting down. Boy did I feel stupid when I found out how it really works.

Zenithale
04-21-2016, 08:17 AM
(...) if you've maxed out affection for the character, evolve them. Otherwise, you might as well leave them at max level for a while.
Just to be sure, do you mean the Affection boost x2 is only instant and does not work on later Gifts?
So, at the end...
[Affection +100 then Evolve]
...is better than...
[Affection +60 then Evolve then Affection +40]
... right?

Akuser
04-21-2016, 08:26 AM
Can you list the best girls around 3*? All classes.

MiqDoloran
04-21-2016, 10:41 AM
Just to be sure, do you mean the Affection boost x2 is only instant and does not work on later Gifts?
So, at the end...
...is better than...
... right?

No, the affection bonus doesn't decrease whether you evolve at 100% or 10%.

The JP wiki I linked recommends Rose Diana, Priscilla Gladiolus, Phala Enopsis, Rosa Novalis, Saffron Pansy, Marigold, Gomphrena Globosa and Cary Ophyllus. But 3* are pretty stopgap and I just throw any of them on my squads.

soranokira
04-21-2016, 12:23 PM
So, at the end...
...is better than...
... right?

no difference. basically, if you had +720 atk at 100% pre-evo, it becomes +1440 after evo.
if you had 100 atk at pre-evo, it becomes 200 atk, and any subsequent aff will boost stat by double what you should've gotten pre-evo.

In other words, you will never lose stat from affection

fluffs
04-21-2016, 03:24 PM
There isn't a significant difference between them. I mean, there ARE better and worse 3*, but not by an amount that matters. They're all better than 2* and worse than 4*. You will eventually replace all of them with event or gacha units without exception.

If there's one that stands out, it's Marigold, though. Triple Lance is probably the best skill available to 3* units.

Ramazan
04-21-2016, 04:48 PM
There isn't a significant difference between them. I mean, there ARE better and worse 3*, but not by an amount that matters. They're all better than 2* and worse than 4*. You will eventually replace all of them with event or gacha units without exception.

If there's one that stands out, it's Marigold, though. Triple Lance is probably the best skill available to 3* units.

Why is that? Her atk power is the lowest of 3* her triple lance skill does 0.5x3=1.5X damage while rosalba does 1.8X But if it was about garden boss which takes 1 damage and marigolds triple attack actually does 3 damage then you maybe right though but im not sure for that one, just heard it on discord.

makinaz
04-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Why is that? Her atk power is the lowest of 3* her triple lance skill does 0.5x3=1.5X damage while rosalba does 1.8X But if it was about garden boss which takes 1 damage and marigolds triple attack actually does 3 damage then you maybe right though but im not sure for that one, just heard it on discord.

Type weakness probably gives her better ratios, if I had to guess.

fluffs
04-21-2016, 06:07 PM

Well, each skill is best in a certain situation. Rosalba's high single target damage is good vs bosses because it can overcome more of the defense, Rosa Novalis and Cary Ophyllus (ignore what the in-game description says, it's completely wrong) are best when there are three targets, because they hit all enemies. Multi-hit skills like Triple or Double Lance are great because they can hit one target three times, or they can finish off a weak target and hit another target twice, etc. As long as there are enemies left to hit, you will always get the full value from the skill. Plus against bosses that always take 1 damage they really shine.

Still... As has been said before, all 2* and 3* units are pretty much just placeholders. Eventually there will be storyline events where you'll use them, so you should keep one of each anyway, but you shouldn't really concern yourself which ones you take to high levels. Unless you really like the character, but then you shouldn't care how good she is ;)

darkeleon
04-21-2016, 06:11 PM
lv recommend to go to advanced dragon hunt ? i need the grown up dragon T__T and it don´t want pop up in intermediate

soranokira
04-21-2016, 08:33 PM
lv recommend to go to advanced dragon hunt ? i need the grown up dragon T__T and it don´t want pop up in intermediate

40k power on main team, 20k on the rest, 38k+ helper.

Ramazan
04-22-2016, 01:22 AM
40k power on main team, 20k on the rest, 38k+ helper.
That should be enough but very risky too, 40k alone only halves the boss hp, other teams can handle the rest sure but if they survive. Just speaking my own experience... But if you are in a hurry to do that daily then its up to you.

@makinaz: Type weakness? These girls took same damage from all enemies no matter which element they have, i mean if an enemy have a magic icon on it then it only means they take more damage from magic type girls, not deal more damage to them or others.

@fluffs: If triple damage works like you say then why she has the lowest damage output makes sense and indeed make her one of the best 3*

Unregistered
04-22-2016, 03:35 AM
One simple tip you didn't mention, you can gather 3 times and then you have to wait for the timer to reset to gather again, I saw it and thought you could only gather 3 times total and theres no point pressing it while the timer is counting down. Boy did I feel stupid when I found out how it really works.

to clarify this- you get 3 exploration points when you level (the 3 red dots on the sign). After using one, it takes 120 minutes for a new one to regen, 6 hours for all 3. But they all pop back when you level. So at really low levels (under 10), just do 3 explores in a row as soon as you level, so you don't forget them. Later, do your 3 explores after you've used some stamina, to level faster. and of course, make sure you've used all your explores before logging off at night, since all 3 will come back if your gone for 6 hours or more.

Unregistered
07-02-2016, 11:26 AM
which one is better the limited or premium

Tenhou
07-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Limited is better if there is a girl in it that you want. Premium is better if there is not.

Alternatively you can save up for another limited with your girl in it.

Both have the same rate to get a gold/rainbow, just that in limited if you get a gold or rainbow, there's a higher chance that said girl will be one in the spotlight.

aphidsc
07-02-2016, 08:04 PM
there's a higher chance that said girl will be one in the spotlight.

What do you mean by "spotlight" here?

Unregistered
07-02-2016, 08:07 PM
What do you mean by "spotlight" here?

The ones that are the priority in the priority gacha.

sniddy
07-03-2016, 02:10 AM
When you open the priority there are normally around 3 girls shown - mostly 5/6*

If you roll a 5* or 6* when randomly determining which 5 or 6* you get it is more likely to get one of the ones shown, not a guarantee, and it doesn't change the odds of rolling a 5 or 6* girl in the 1st place.

If you are in no rush to get new girls what most people do is hold them until a priority comes up with girls you like

aphidsc
07-05-2016, 04:52 AM
Thanks for the replies, I understand now.

Miu
07-05-2016, 03:18 PM
It looks like the JP version got a second evolution for some girls yesterday. It's probably a long way off for us but it's nice to have some new art.

Unregistered
07-09-2016, 10:43 PM
I am just curious, do you always get the same girl at the begining or is it random from a set of specific girls?

- - - Updated - - -

I am just curious, do you always get the same girl at the begining or is it random from a set of specific girls?

When I started, my first girl was Cepha. I just made a new account and got St. Paulia as the first girl there.

Eab1990
07-09-2016, 11:17 PM
The starter girl is always one of these four: Canola, Cepha, Di Yu, or St. Paulia.

Unregistered
07-09-2016, 11:31 PM
The starter girl is always one of these four: Canola, Cepha, Di Yu, or St. Paulia.

I see, if I could hace chosen I probably would have gone with Cepha, but I got St.Paulia. It alright though.

Thanks as well.