PDA

View Full Version : The N Gacha after EX levels

Unregistered
04-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Nip started a thread about a potentially unfair mechanic regarding stage stamina use and how it could be beneficial to stay in area 1-3. (I happen to disagree as you are missing out on a lot of cards that way).

Rather than derail that thread, I would like to start a new one about the N Gacha after getting EX levels, as I believe this is truly unbalanced.

Before EX levels, if you pick a maxed N card, you get a level for a random other card you have. It is usually another N card, but it could be for an R card or an SR card. If all of your N cards are maxed, you get a level for an R or SR card, guaranteed! It basically turns every N Gacha ticket into an R Wild at least.

After EX levels, if you pick a maxed N card, you get an N Wild, which you can trade in 10 for an R wild. This effectively divides by 10 the usefulness of the N Gacha.

I was rather taken back by this because I maxed out all my N cards hoping to rapidly gain levels for my R and SR cards via the Gacha. However, I didn't know that going to EX levels was going to nerf the Gacha so much.

It would be one thing if the switch to EX levels was automatic after level 50 (so as to benefit new players). However, the switch to EX levels is made manually by completing the "Achieve level 50" mission. Hence, you can control it, and keep the better Gacha.

For any players under level 50 reading this, DO NOT complete the "Achieve level 50" mission.

nip101
04-22-2016, 06:12 PM
I didn't start that thread and nor do i believe that you should stay in 1-3.

JSensei
04-22-2016, 09:12 PM
Nip started a thread about a potentially unfair mechanic regarding stage stamina use and how it could be beneficial to stay in area 1-3. (I happen to disagree as you are missing out on a lot of cards that way).

Rather than derail that thread, I would like to start a new one about the N Gacha after getting EX levels, as I believe this is truly unbalanced.

Before EX levels, if you pick a maxed N card, you get a level for a random other card you have. It is usually another N card, but it could be for an R card or an SR card. If all of your N cards are maxed, you get a level for an R or SR card, guaranteed! It basically turns every N Gacha ticket into an R Wild at least.

After EX levels, if you pick a maxed N card, you get an N Wild, which you can trade in 10 for an R wild. This effectively divides by 10 the usefulness of the N Gacha.

I was rather taken back by this because I maxed out all my N cards hoping to rapidly gain levels for my R and SR cards via the Gacha. However, I didn't know that going to EX levels was going to nerf the Gacha so much.

It would be one thing if the switch to EX levels was automatic after level 50 (so as to benefit new players). However, the switch to EX levels is made manually by completing the "Achieve level 50" mission. Hence, you can control it, and keep the better Gacha.

For any players under level 50 reading this, DO NOT complete the "Achieve level 50" mission.

Sigh. Where was this thread about 30 levels ago for me. Oh well.

Arekusu
04-23-2016, 02:11 AM
Well this doesn't seem OP at all. Such a strange mechanic, I wonder if it was even intended.

Unregistered
04-23-2016, 12:57 PM
Lvl40 I just tried it, got an n wild.

Well here goes my hope of easier art.

- - - Updated - - -

I got more than 30000+ N-Wild, 3000+ R-Wild and 1000+ of each SR-Wild1, SR-Wild3, SR-Wild5 and all my girls are 100+.

Except a few SR all my girls from N-Gacha and bonus stage and GHQ are 125.

So on long run N-Wild,R-Wild,SR-Wild1,SR-Wild3 and N-Wild5 are prity useless.

chillinfar
04-23-2016, 02:05 PM

If luck is bad with R cards i can suggest the opposite way. Those N cards can be useful to level some event cards, which aren't present in gacha

Unregistered
05-05-2016, 02:25 PM
The max level card on gacha leveling another card is guaranteed only if you have another N card that isn't max level. It may randomly choose a R or SR card to level instead, but it has nothing to do with ex levels. I had all my normal cards capped well before i hit 50 and was getting tons of n-wild cards out of normal gacha, with maybe 1 in 10 leveling a random r or sr card.

khermeker
05-05-2016, 04:15 PM
The max level card on gacha leveling another card is guaranteed only if you have another N card that isn't max level. It may randomly choose a R or SR card to level instead, but it has nothing to do with ex levels. I had all my normal cards capped well before i hit 50 and was getting tons of n-wild cards out of normal gacha, with maybe 1 in 10 leveling a random r or sr card.

mmm well then is more like max all or get ex levels what happen first....in my case i first get ex levels and then i max all n cards....

Unregistered
05-06-2016, 11:04 AM
I guess the point here though is that before EX levels you have a chance of getting levels for your R and SR cards with an N pick. Some people are saying 10% and for me it seemed greater than that. You already have a 1/6 or greater chance of getting an R or SR level. When you combine it with the chance to get R/SR on an N pick it ends up around 25% or so.

With EX levels it's always the N Wild, every time. No chance for improvement. So perhaps the nerf to the N Gacha isn't as severe as I originally thought, but it is still a nerf.