PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on levelling characters after Mission 7

YoxalLoyal
04-23-2016, 08:05 AM
Pretty sure there are many threads like this, but I may as well make my own. Right now, I'm done with mission 8, but I haven't 3 medalled the missions after 8-1 due to the hard-hitting bosses or RNG arrows. I have also finished the first phase of the current event and some of the other dailies up to normal difficulty.

I have a few questions on what to do from here on:
1) What is the best and efficient map to farm for manyus aside from dailies?
2) What is the minimal level to 3 medal the mission 8 maps and probably the second phase of the current event?
3) Which girls do I need to work on below:

Current team
http://i.imgur.com/xeFvycd.png

Bronze+ Collection thus far (did some novice mistake as usual and did not roll 10+1 at a time)
http://i.imgur.com/2laI1Ps.png
http://i.imgur.com/LM3utE9.png

makinaz
04-23-2016, 08:25 AM
Play 1-3 or 2-1 until you're bored. Don't kill the raid boss if it spawns as it can block the secret garden. That's pretty much the trick.
As for who to level, just pick whoever you like. The power between silvers isn't that much.
JP wiki mentions Yulan, Hinoki and Cyani in particular are outliers, but you only have one of those.. who shares the same type as Orchid.
Just do whatever imo.

Tenhou
04-23-2016, 08:30 AM
If your level is below 40 i'd recommend farming man juice from the 12 stamina gardens. 2-1 is a great map to give you said gardens and you'll receive a lot of coin too.

Basically, you'll want to get your girls to 30+ and after that start focusing on better manyu missions like the dailies. Save up lvl 5 manyus and throw 10 at a time on lower than 30 girls and throw 10x lvl 20 manyus on those above level 30.

Once you're at that point, with the help of a strong friend perhaps, you should be able to clear the best manyu dailies as well as one of the 11th area maps and thus gain access to 80 stamina gardens (skip the 50 gardens, they are not worth it for what they give).

Eventually you want to reach the 12th area where you have a chance to get ampys from mission chests in addition to the 80 gardens.

MoopleFoople
04-23-2016, 08:39 AM
Ok, if you're actually using that team line up as is, that's part of it. Yeah, use the "total power high-low" for the my-set one, but don't actually USE that set to do the levels, you just do it so that your helper squad is strong to aid OTHERS. Use the other tabs to make ones for yourself to use. Main thing is balance the power out on your teams. Your top team in your current setup isn't gonna have issues, but the rest likely are, so you want to balance it out so that while every team my get a bit beaten up, they still are capable of killing the enemies and at the very least making it to the boss (some likely WILL die on the boss, but with others behind them, its not the end of the world)

nip101
04-23-2016, 08:56 AM
1) people answered...
2) I've heard having teams of all lvl 20s is enough but we wont know till its actually out.
3) I'd say focus on your 4/5*s now since you've gotten a decent base team already. I'd say get them to lvl 30 each if not higher (more for Orchid). You should probably start looking towards evolving some of them.

Another important thing is focusing on affection. Its crazy powerful for 4/5*s so if you haven't already I'd say run ?-4 of the event mission until you can 100% most of your 4*s. Since gifts are pretty hard to come by outside of event missions and the gift special quest is horrible outside of the 2 flower gems.

soranokira
04-23-2016, 08:59 AM
you actually have better raritys than me lol. I only have 1 5* and 6 4* now. after 2 10+1 rolls.
what you probably need is to level your core team up more. to 50evo30 with 100% affection. which you will get there eventually. then you'll be good. and like tenhou said, farming 2-1 is good.
also, dailies is not actually efficient for manyu. because no exp. when early on, the exp gives you levels = more stamina = more runs = more manyu.

regarding what moople said about team setup:
my farming team: (for reference)
http://i.imgur.com/hEXG05b.png

vs my high power team:
http://i.imgur.com/xBVnXbU.png

MoopleFoople
04-23-2016, 10:21 AM
Good grief! How did that not kill off your teams when going for 3*? I couldn't get the full 3* past area 5 until I balanced out my teams a little, I kept having at least 3 of the groups die off before getting anywhere near the boss. I mean, I got the stage down, but I never could manage to get every pest.

YoxalLoyal
04-23-2016, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone! So aim for 2-1 for now until everyone is at lv. 30+. Got it. Yeah, I should've had higher level units since I did get a week head start living in Canada and all, but exams kinda took some time off. Btw, forgot to tell you guys that I'm lv. 27 right now. Planning on attempting Orchid's second quest mission once I reach lv. 30.

@MoopleFoople - Not sure if you were referring to me or sora on your second post, but if it was for me, then I guess RNG and a good helper carried me past the 7th stage lolz. That and I probably had some good ATK/DEF equipment for my teams.

Tenhou
04-23-2016, 11:12 AM
No point in doing the character quests before you have evolved the girls and gotten a better team. The final one requires the girl to be evolved and is the only one that gives anything worthwhile.

YoxalLoyal
04-23-2016, 03:33 PM
Got one more question before I set off to farm the 2-1 map: When doing farming in the daily missions, is it better to do the 50 stam map or the 80 stam map?

Musing
04-23-2016, 03:52 PM
I've got a question too. Why are people advocating 2-1 over 1-3? Comparing them, 2-1 is only marginally better in terms of Gold/EXP efficiency which doesn't seem worth the extra 3 stamina it takes. I haven't noticed a higher Gift rate or SG spawn rate on 2-1 either back when I was doing it.

Aside from that though, I second the suggestion to try spamming the Beginner Secret Garden over the Manyu Dailies. They're not actually very efficient unless you get really lucky, especially not at lower levels.

sumguy
04-24-2016, 12:48 AM
Here's a trick you might not have noticed. Your helper squad from your friend lacks power right? This is because the helper squad's max lvl is capped at YOUR highest level character (not sure if this cap applies post evolution though, since I leveled my evo-ed girls to a decent level already).

So focus on one girl and get her to at least mid 40s first.

Masterwolf
04-24-2016, 02:19 AM
Here's a trick you might not have noticed. Your helper squad from your friend lacks power right? This is because the helper squad's max lvl is capped at YOUR highest level character (not sure if this cap applies post evolution though, since I leveled my evo-ed girls to a decent level already).

Have we confirmed this? I know it's been brought up a few times but I never seem to have an issue with helper squads. When I was in my 20's even helper squads seemed to have a boost of sorts that made them better than some of other squads. Sometimes even my main squad which would mean the helper squad scales down once you hit a certain level or scales up until you hit a certain level. I think we need more data.

ZOLANTON
04-24-2016, 02:23 AM

??? I don't think that's true, when my girls were level 40, I could use the help of people whose girls were at level 50. I don't know if it's capped at a certain point but it surely doesn't apply in evolutions.

sumguy
04-24-2016, 03:50 AM
Have we confirmed this? I know it's been brought up a few times but I never seem to have an issue with helper squads. When I was in my 20's even helper squads seemed to have a boost of sorts that made them better than some of other squads. Sometimes even my main squad which would mean the helper squad scales down once you hit a certain level or scales up until you hit a certain level. I think we need more data.

If it was removed, then I don't know, but I paid attention to my helpers (I weed out quite often during the first few days). Their highest level was always the same as my highest level. I noticed this because the early levels are blazing fast (remember to spam those gathers), it was too much of an coincidence that everyone on my list leveled up in sync with me. This might've been a way to prevent powerleveling alts with a main account.

Tenhou
04-24-2016, 06:27 AM
??? I don't think that's true, when my girls were level 40, I could use the help of people whose girls were at level 50. I don't know if it's capped at a certain point but it surely doesn't apply in evolutions.

It's capped at the highest level girl you have in your team. Basically any friend helper that is higher than your girls gets nerfed down to your level. Note that it only goes by level, not evolution level. So a level 50 evolved character won't be nerfed unless you have no level 50 non-evolved or evolved in your team.

YoxalLoyal
04-24-2016, 12:26 PM
Okay I kinda made two more accounts just so I can redo what I did and actually wait for 50 flower gems rather than spend them like crazy. Here is what I got based on 4*+ units:
Alt 1: Convallaria, St. Paulia, and Cepha Lanthera
Alt 2: St. Paulia and Toad Lily
I'm kinda leaning towards alt. 1 has more higher rarity characters, but alt. 2 because it has two characters with quests atm. Any thoughts?

I also have another alt account that I was levelling up with my main account with Toad Lily, but like my main one, I did not save up to 50 gems before rolling gacha.

Ramazan
04-24-2016, 12:57 PM
If these rolls are made out of guaranteed 5* gacha then you're very lucky. But you should do that guaranteed gacha roll and use the account that didnt get same 5* girl, cuz extra inventory space and skill up isnt very important in early game you know. The most of the guys here couldnt get a 5* girl from dat 50 gem roll, me included. As for alts i'd go with toad lily one because i hear ppl dont like convallaria much (her ability sucks), toad lily's ability is very useful for some maps.

YoxalLoyal
04-24-2016, 01:03 PM
I have an account I'm currently working on that has Toad Lily (my first alt. before my two rerolls), so should I still keep the one that rolled Toad Lily and St. Paulia or ditch it (give it to someone else)? I'm currently working on my first reroll account and got pretty lucky so far. Aside from pulling the three units mentioned above, I just pulled Violetta Tulip from normal gacha. XD

Edit: I'll try playing both rerolls up to 2-1 before making my decision to ditch one over the other.

ZeroZet
04-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Actually, can somebody share the !!MATH!! on dat manyus? Mine's look something like this:
Considering mid (l.20) fodder being worth 2,5 times as much xp as low (l.5), and high (l.100) being 6,7 times better than low, and assuming that on 50 and 80 stamina gardens / dailies normal chest tiles continue giving low (normal chest graphics in loot window) or mid food (expensive chest graphics), while expensive chest tile can give both mid and high grade food (first tier daily/garden gives low/mid in normal chest tile and mid in expensive chest tile). And counting chests as 1 normal + 1 expensive in first tier, 2 normal and 1 expensive in second tier, 3 normal and 1 expensive in third tier, we'll see the rewards as such:
One clear of first tier map nets from 3,5 to 5 times worth low manyuus. Second tier gives 4,5 to 11,7. Third tier should be 5,5 to 14,2.
Now factor in stamina costs. Comparison between first and second tier dailies is pretty straightforward: you can do 2 first tier maps at the cost of one second tier, so 7 to 10 from first versus 4,5 to 11,7 from second. First tier wins hands down.
Now about third tier, hmm... Lessee, with 400 stamina you can do 5 thirds, 8 seconds or 16 firsts (and have a little more stamina to spare). So it is 56 to 80 from firsts, 36 to 93,6 from seconds and 27,5 to 71 from thirds. Eh, wart, first tier wins anyway, and third tier is worse than second? That can't be right, right?

ZOLANTON
04-24-2016, 03:40 PM
I'm a little confused at the last post the way it's written, but I assume it's saying that the Beginner Bonus Stage is better in terms of leveling units than the Intermediate and Advanced stages stamina-wise.

I am to the point where I want to reach my units at evolution level. My main members are all 40+ but it's difficult to find many Manyus to do that. I have chosen to farm Event Stage-4 for now due to its absurd amount of tier 1 and tier 2 gifts that it drops and I have reached max affection in 9 units so far, but it's time to focus on levels now. So I have to find a fast way for getting Manyus. Is 2-1 or 1-3 a good way for post-level 30 leveling or is there something else?

Lied
04-24-2016, 04:28 PM
The higher level secret gardens also provide more gold/seeds than the lower level ones. From a pure average total exp/stamina standpoint, the lower gardens might be better, but leveling girls from 40+ to max with level 5 or even level 20 manyus would end up costing a ton of gold. Not sure how to factor that into the efficiency calculations.

Tenhou
04-24-2016, 04:30 PM
Actually, can somebody share the !!MATH!! on dat manyus? Mine's look something like this:
Considering mid (l.20) fodder being worth 2,5 times as much xp as low (l.5), and high (l.100) being 6,7 times better than low, and assuming that on 50 and 80 stamina gardens / dailies normal chest tiles continue giving low (normal chest graphics in loot window) or mid food (expensive chest graphics), while expensive chest tile can give both mid and high grade food (first tier daily/garden gives low/mid in normal chest tile and mid in expensive chest tile). And counting chests as 1 normal + 1 expensive in first tier, 2 normal and 1 expensive in second tier, 3 normal and 1 expensive in third tier, we'll see the rewards as such:
One clear of first tier map nets from 3,5 to 5 times worth low manyuus. Second tier gives 4,5 to 11,7. Third tier should be 5,5 to 14,2.
Now factor in stamina costs. Comparison between first and second tier dailies is pretty straightforward: you can do 2 first tier maps at the cost of one second tier, so 7 to 10 from first versus 4,5 to 11,7 from second. First tier wins hands down.
Now about third tier, hmm... Lessee, with 400 stamina you can do 5 thirds, 8 seconds or 16 firsts (and have a little more stamina to spare). So it is 56 to 80 from firsts, 36 to 93,6 from seconds and 27,5 to 71 from thirds. Eh, wart, first tier wins anyway, and third tier is worse than second? That can't be right, right?

Third tier has a chance of giving 4 chests and always 3. All 4 chests has a chance to contain lvl 100 and will at the very least contain lvl 20s.

First tier wins early on since you level fast enough with its exp efficiency. Thus you can farm more manyus in total. However, later on you will take so long time that it is no longer very efficient and thus the third tier garden wins since it gives a great deal of exp and you want to farm the 12-? maps for a chance at ampys.

ZeroZet
04-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Third tier has a chance of giving 4 chests and always 3. All 4 chests has a chance to contain lvl 100 and will at the very least contain lvl 20s.

First tier wins early on since you level fast enough with its exp efficiency. Thus you can farm more manyus in total. However, later on you will take so long time that it is no longer very efficient and thus the third tier garden wins since it gives a great deal of exp and you want to farm the 12-? maps for a chance at ampys.
Thanks for correction. I was basing my third tier calculations on daily map in previous post.
This brings tier 3 to 7,5 - 26,8 per map (that is, 7,5 / 11,7 / 15,9 / 20,1 / 10 / 14,2 / 18,4 / 22,6 / 26,8 per, depending on drops, with 16,4 arithmetic average) and 37,5 - 134 per 400 stamina (with ~81 arithmetic average). This does seem more like it)
Of course, here I didn't count the cost to run 12-? maps themselves, put other tings outweight them, it seems.