PDA

View Full Version : 3-Medal Tips

Corintis
04-24-2016, 06:08 PM
After a quick browse through the threads, I didn't really find any other topics that covers this in general, so I figured I might as well start one (after a ton of hours of grief on a couple particular campaign stage). Please don't hold back on throwing in your own stories, tips, questions and griefs as well OTL.

From what I've noticed, you can pretty much throw any type of squadron wherever you want and still earn 3-Medals after a couple tries from Normal Campaigns #9 and below. #10 (which I just finished 100%) and up start to get trickier from there, so that's what I'll chat about for a bit.

10-5 caused me a ton of grief; not only because there's a bazillion different direction panels you have to pray to RNGesus to get right, but it was also super easy to accidentally finish up the stage first, before you're able to finish mopping up all the pests and bosses on the map. Just running through the panels alone 100% correctly happens only on about a rough 10% chance, give or take depending on placements you might gamble on.

To finally nail down the 3-Medals, I had to purposely set up 2-3 of my squads to be purposefully slow, with no more than 450-Speed at max and make certain that the Northernmost squad had both enough firepower to take out the first boss encountered, but die against the final one. The placement of the rest of the team descended from North-to-South in order by speed, from slowest to fastest, with the two fastest squads occupying the same start point at the bottom of the map.

http://i.imgur.com/8QEZd2p.jpg

My gawd it was terrible, finally nailing down the correct path numerous times, only to finish the map with the last little bugger sitting in front of my face :mad:

Discoceris
04-25-2016, 02:08 AM
I think I mentioned in another thread, but yes, character placement in groups, and group placement at start, is important. It goes without saying that you should also try to level up all characters in all groups, but most people get the wrong idea from the first two chapters and think it's all about pumping up their main party. Which probably explains why so many players on my Allies list seemed to have quit a week ago.

Equipment is important, but so is equipment slots. And to get more equipment slots will require luck, since you need to "evolve" a character with the same character (summons, map drops, etc.)

I'm sure eventually there'll be a player's guide out there. Even the Japanese Wiki is far from complete and players arguing over their theorycraft.

Corintis
04-25-2016, 02:55 AM
Server went down; time to forum rage :mad:

Edit: Ohay, servers are back mere minutes after I post :p

But yeah.........I went ahead and checked your past posts for aid (completely not stalker-ish) and saw lots of nice info; seems like it's actually your first time mentioning party composition and map placement, but amen for everything else. We should just copy and paste the discussions you're involved in and that'll become NA's guidebook.

Something else I noticed and that's mentioned is that the affection buffs are actually really quite OP. Certainly, the lovey-dovey scenes are probably the primary motivator to achieve 100%'s, but they actually pump out a boatload of stats, about +15 levels' worth. I was surprised to see that my base team was actually keeping pace with other players' Lv30 Evolved units; spoiling those girls rotten to the core is extremely well worth the effort.

I actually found out and started the game a couple days late, so I missed out on the Bloom Dragons and was stuck level-capping EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE of my bases and feeding them gifts from a machine gun (gawddam, they are freak'n cake monsters and jewelry thieves OTL). Now that I can access the Bloom Dragons and thanks to the time spent on gift gathering, my Helper-total almost shot up 5000 points upon evolution, instead of decreasing. My overall total also shot up about 20,000, from 170k -> 190k, after boosting them back up to Lv25; this was all done today with the Red Bloom Dragon and I still have 3 more to collect.

Lied
04-25-2016, 03:56 AM
Not sure how much of a tip this is (more common sense), but one thing I've found helpful is putting my 4 star units that buff the solar blast or have stage bonuses (as opposed to the combat buff units) into my weaker teams or the ones with less aoe. It helps with splitting up power and blast does really good damage to a 2/3 unit group.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

This thread actually helped me a lot with 10-5 (since it was just as annoying as OP said) so I figured I'd add what I used on it too.

Following the advice, I made slow teams with my fast team running at the bottom and my team 4 being on the top
http://i.imgur.com/ipK2LgM.png

I was having a lot of trouble until I removed girls from some of the teams due to them killing the boss too early. Low 40k power felt the safest for the top team, but the other 3 teams that had a chance to fight the bottom boss + pest node had to be a little stronger. I also saved solar blast for all of the fights except for the bottom boss and the pest node after it to make my teams take as much damage as possible.

Helper had ~380ish speed, so I lucked out a bit there
http://i.imgur.com/DWnMEze.jpg

Unregistered
04-28-2016, 06:32 AM
Any tip for daily mission in campaign -> special? Cause i'm wasting tons of stamina everyday just to do that and get some FG. I'm new in game. :)
id - 232239689

Ramazan
04-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Dont do dragon dailies if you dont or will not need them even for fg they give. You'll gonna do anyway in later times. As a newbie you should focus on leveling your team mainly at 2-1 map.

Unregistered
04-28-2016, 07:08 AM
I'm lvling at 5-2 or 5-1, cause there's about 80% chance to get bonus lvl. 2-1 is the same? Thanks for a tip. I'm playing since a week, and i have 37lvl with 100k strength, so i think it's not so bad. But if there's some way to do daily easily i'll be glad to know it. So i'm asking once again. ;)

Lied
04-30-2016, 09:10 AM
Finally was able to nail down 3 medals on 12-5 after changing my strategy from running balanced teams to running stacked teams:

Used this team setup and placements:
http://i.imgur.com/AP1YhPC.png
http://i.imgur.com/3VkcqaW.jpg

Team 1 - High power, strong units. Main role is to sweep the later mini-boss nodes and kill the final boss.
Team 2 - As strong as possible without making team 1 weaker. Main role is to kill the first mini boss and weaken/kill as much as possible afterwards.
Team 3 - Moderate strength team. Main role is to kill of the first 3 normal pest nodes, then act as a meat shield for moving pests.
Team 4 - Fast team. Main role is to tank moving pests for team 1 and helper team, will usually die in a fight but can sometimes finish off a weakened enemy.
Helper - 50k+ power was what usually worked for me to ensure at least completing the map. Main role is to clear later mini-boss nodes and weaken the final boss.

I had a bias towards helpers with strong slice/pierce units since the units on the map are weak to those damage types (especially slice). The basic idea is to clear out the first section while keeping your strongest teams from taking damage from the moving pests, then have them move in to clear out the second half of the map once the other teams have taken out the moving pest nests. Ideally, one of your sacrificial teams gets to this position:
http://i.imgur.com/WTg68jz.jpg
so they can take out the string of nests before the final boss. After that it's just spinner RNG, since the stacked team can wipe out the mini-bosses while taking minimal damage and should be able to take out the final boss as long as the helper can weaken/kill the caterpillar boss.
http://i.imgur.com/tc2KHS8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wSsB5Oj.png

Zenithale
04-30-2016, 10:11 AM
Congrat's on the 12-5, that's the last mission I have to get the 3 Stars.
I guess a Team with Toad Lilly would be handy against all the flies.

Corintis
04-30-2016, 11:13 AM
I actually enjoyed 12-5; my overall team had enough firepower, so I just balanced everything out for 60k each squad at the time, then zerged it. There's practically no RNG to grief here, which makes life that much easier (I shall always remember 10-5 and 11-1 as RNG nightmares in my sleep).

I really like the tactical approach taken here to deal with damage though; kinda the point for this thread's existence :p