PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Upgrading

Lied
04-27-2016, 09:48 PM
As I'm starting to run out of equipment space, I started looking more into how equipment upgrading works and figured I'd share some of the stuff I found:

Upgrading equipment is very similar to upgrading characters, cheap at first but quickly becomes more expensive. Equipment upgrades also seem to benefit from the same-type bonus exp (giving 1.5x the exp), with the type being either Ring, Earring, Bracelet, or Necklace.

The base (level 1 equipment) exp given seems to be based on the rarity of the equipment.
2-star: 187
3-star: 280
4-star: 374
5-star: Can't get the base value since I already upgraded my 5-star equipment. You probably don't want to feed these anyway.

This makes the low grade equipment seeds at least somewhat useful since they can drop the 3-star attack accessories to help you level your 4-star attack accessories.

Higher rarity equipment also seems to take more exp to level. The + value doesn't seem to matter for exp but the level of the equipment does. You can actually sometimes get more exp by leveling together 2 old equips before feeding them:
http://i.imgur.com/KgXh3bk.png
Two level 1 necklaces

http://i.imgur.com/c0j4bmi.png
Leveled together

http://i.imgur.com/h4SVrBR.png
Feeding the resulting level 10 necklace results in more exp

So to save space, I'm feeding 2 low+ equips that I'm not using together (preferably same type for the bonus). When I get 10 of these I'm feeding them as a batch to a high+ equipment I have that shares the type. If anyone has anything else to add or if I've said something incorrect, let me know!

KindaShy
04-28-2016, 10:20 AM
It looks like you are adding a small amount of EXP ( ~50ish) if you combine the 2 small ones first, but the amount of gold you will be putting out per item to upgrade is fairly significant. 3,600 (360*10) + another 1000 (4,600 total) for the last combine as opposed to just 1000 if you upgrade just 10. I find that most items you can nearly hit level 20 with just adding 10 of the smallest items, so the extra EXP you are gaining might not be enough to get more than an extra level at the end of it all (assuming you are levelling an item with 30 max LVL). You might be better off upgrading two items with 10 each instead of pumping 20 items into upgrading one. (Just my opinion....) It will certainly save you some gold which you will definitely need to Evolve your girls....

Give it a check see for yourself... I try to make sure that each girl has at least one of the items then I wait until I have 6 extra or so and upgrade the strongest one I have that hasn't been upgraded yet.

Either way, good luck to you!

Lied
04-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Upgrading this way actually saves you a lot of gold, which is the reason why I'm doing it. It's about packing in experience for a 10 feed once the costs start to go up. If I fed 10 level 1 3-star necklaces to a necklace I'm trying to upgrade, it would give me (10 * 420) 4200 exp. If I instead fed 10 level 10 3-star necklaces it would give me (10 * 892) 8920 exp. If I were upgrading level 1 equipment, the first method would cost me (180 * 10) 1800 gold (so 4200/1800 = 2.333 exp per gold) while the second method would cost me ((180 + 180) * 10) 3600 gold (so 8920/3600 = 2.478 exp per gold). Even upgrading level 1 equipment this way is saving money. Upgrading higher level equipment costs more gold per upgrade material you put in so you'll end up saving even more money.

For example, these level 16 earrings cost 2124 coins per item to upgrade
http://i.imgur.com/Ljpgkxd.png

If I were to feed 10 level 1 3-star earrings it would give me 4200 exp for (2124 * 10) 21240 gold (0.198 exp per gold), but if I instead fed 10 level 10 3-star earrings it would give me 8920 exp for ((180 + 2124) * 10) 23040 gold (.387 exp per gold).

For the first 10 feed, it's fine to just use level 1 accessories if you don't want to wait, since the gain is fairly small, but at higher levels feeding combined accessories seems much better.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated, but the other thing I've been doing lately is using my extra 3-star necklaces/bracelets to upgrade my extra 3-star earrings/rings (which gets them to level 8 instead of level 10 due to the lack of the 1.5x multiplier). The attack accessories seem to drop more rarely, so getting 2 of them to combine has been harder for me than just throwing one of my many extra 3-star necklaces/bracelets at them.

ickss
04-29-2016, 03:35 PM
I did a little bit of research but didn't find an answer, so here is my question :

Where or how do you get gold-rarity items (i guess it is what you call 4-star item ?), like the one you have just shown ?

Zenithale
04-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Where or how do you get gold-rarity items (i guess it is what you call 4-star item ?), like the one you have just shown ?
When you finish a Character Quest (3 parts).

Lied
04-29-2016, 05:22 PM
The borders match up with character rarity borders, so the gold rarity items from character quests are actually 5-star items. The 4-star items are the silver background attack boosting accessories that drop from mid-grade equipment seeds (Warrior's Ring and Warrior's Earrings).